Battlestar Galactica Board Game - Game called (Mod Wins!)

This is the place for self-contained forum games

Moderator: Zaxxon

Scoop20906

Battlestar Galactica Board Game - Game called (Mod Wins!)

Post by Scoop20906 »

Battle Star Galactica Boardgame (2008)

The Cylons were created to make life easier on the Twelve Colonies. And then the day came when the Cylons decided to kill their masters. After a long and bloody struggle, an armistice was declared and the Cylons left for another world to call their own.

Forty years later, they returned, and brought humanity to the brink of extinction. The remaining humans, led by the crew of the Battlestar Galactica, fled in hope of finding a new home, one known by legend as Earth.

Humanity’s only hope lies in finding Earth’s location while fighting off the unrelenting Cylons. But as resources run low, it is discovered that the enemy can now appear human and has infiltrated the fleet from the inside.

Object of the Game
The object of the game for a given player depends on which team he belongs to. A player’s team is determined by the Loyalty Cards he receives throughout the game.

All human players win the game if they travel at least eight units of distance (as specified by the Kobol Objective Card) and then jump one final time.

All Cylon players win the game by preventing the humans from reaching their objective. They usually accomplish this goal by running the fleet out of a resource (food, fuel, morale, or population), but can also win by destroying Galactica or successfully invading Galactica with Centurion boarding parties.

How to Play the Game
Alot of information on the game can be found at the Fantasy Flight Games website.
Here is a link to a PDF of the rulez
Also, check out the BSG Board Game Trailer.

How to Join the Fun
People can join the game by declaring IN. I would like to get 6 players but we can hold a game with as few as 4.

GAME STATUS: (This will be updated as we play the game)

[PLACE HOLDER FOR GAME BOARD]

Jump Preparation Status: Start (can't jump using FTL Control)

Space surrounding Galactica (starting from front of galactica and moving clockwise):

Quadrant One:

Quadrant Two:

Quadrant Three:

Quadrant Four (Viper Launch Tube):

Quadrant Six (Viper Launch Tube):

Hanger Reserves:
Vipers: 12
Raptors: 4

Current Resources:
Fuel: 8
Food: 8
Morale: 10
Population: 12

Player locations:

Battlestar Galactica
FTL Control:
Weapons Control:
Command:
Communications:
Admiral's Quarters Skill Check 7 - Green and Purple):
Research Lab:
Hangar Deck:
Armory:
Sickbay:
Brig (Skill Check 7 - Yellow and Purple):

Colonial One
Press Room:
President's Office:
Administration Skill Check 5 - Yellow and Green):

Cylon Locations
Caprica:
Cylon Fleet:
Human Fleet:
Resurrection Ship:

Centurion Boarding Action:
None

Skill Card Types
These cards are used to overcome skill checks or to provide players with special actions (and other abilities) that they can perform. Each skill type specializes in different strategies. There are six types: Politices (Yellow), Leadership (Green), Tactics (Purple), Piloting (Red), and Engineering (Blue). Also, there are only two different cards for each type (color). The only difference between them is their strength.
You can see all the different types of cards and their action descriptions here: http://images.boardgamegeek.com/images/pic382623_lg.jpg
Last edited by Scoop20906 on Fri Dec 19, 2008 9:40 am, edited 8 times in total.
Scoop. Makeup and hair are fabulous. - Qantaga

Xbox Gamertag: Scoop20906
Steam: Scoop20906
Scoop20906

Re: Battlestar Galactica Board Game - Need 6 players

Post by Scoop20906 »

Once we have a full complement of players, then it will be time for everyone to choose their character that they will be playing. Turn order (and character choice) will be determined by order of people joining the game on the thread.

Therefore, the turn order is:
1. Stessier
2. Kraegor
3. ???
4. ???
5. ???
6. ???

Choose and Place Characters: Starting with the first player and proceeding clockwise, each player chooses a character of the character type(s) that is most plentiful (political leader, military leader, or pilot). This restriction does not apply to support characters, who may be chosen at any time. After choosing a character, the player receives the corresponding character sheet and stand-up character token, as well as a piloting token if applicable. He then places his character token on the location specified on his character sheet. Example: The first player chooses Laura Roslin (a political leader) as his character. The next player may choose any military leader or pilot (since they are the most plentiful). He could also choose a support character.

When choosing characters, it is important to be aware of which characters have already been chosen. The last player, in particular, should take the skill sets of other players’ characters into account when making his own choice. For example, if no other players have chosen a character with the engineering skill, it may be a good idea to choose one who does have it.

The Characters are:

Laura Roslin [Political Leader]
http://www.boardgamegeek.com/image/361705?size=large

Gaius Baltar [Political Leader]
http://www.boardgamegeek.com/image/361702?size=large

Tom Zarek [Political Leader]
http://www.boardgamegeek.com/image/361715?size=large

Saul Tigh [Military Leader]
http://www.boardgamegeek.com/image/361706?size=large

Karl "Helo" Agathon [Military Leader]
http://www.boardgamegeek.com/images/361710?size=large

William Adama [Military Leader]
http://www.boardgamegeek.com/images/361708?size=large

Lee "Apollo" Adama [Pilot]
http://www.boardgamegeek.com/images/361709?size=large

Kara "Starbuck" Thrace [Pilot]
http://www.boardgamegeek.com/image/361707?size=large

Sharon "Boomer" Valerii [Pilot]
http://www.boardgamegeek.com/image/361703?size=large

"Chief" Galen Tyrol [Support]
http://www.boardgamegeek.com/image/361711?size=large

Also, there is an Admiral Title and President Title which are assigned based on the following order of succession.

Should the President or Admiral be revealed as a Cylon, the next player in the line of succession for that title claims it. In addition, if the Admiral (but not the President) is placed in the “Brig,” then the next player in line claims the Admiral title. If an Admiral stripped of his title later moves out of the “Brig,” he does not automatically reclaim the title.

Admiral
1. William Adama
2. Saul Tigh
3. Helo Agathon
4. Lee “Apollo” Adama
5. Kara “Starbuck” Thrace
6. Sharon “Boomer” Valerii
7. Galen Tyrol
8. Tom Zarek
9. Gaius Baltar
10. Laura Roslin

President
1. Laura Roslin
2. Gaius Baltar
3. Tom Zarek
4. Lee “Apollo” Adama
5. William Adama
6. Karl “Helo” Agathon
7. Galen Tyrol
8. Sharon “Boomer” Valerii
9. Saul Tigh
10. Kara “Starbuck” Thrace
Note that if the President is in the “Brig,” he keeps the President title and all associated abilities.
Last edited by Scoop20906 on Wed Dec 10, 2008 9:43 pm, edited 2 times in total.

stessier

Post by stessier »

In!

How the heck is Helo above Apollo and Starbuck in line to the Admiral???
I require a reminder as to why raining arcane destruction is not an appropriate response to all of life's indignities. - Vaarsuvius
Global Steam Wishmaslist Tracking
Running____2014: 1300.55 miles____2015: 2036.13 miles____2016: 1012.75 miles____2017: 1105.82 miles____2018: 1318.91 miles__2019: 2000.00 miles
Remus West

Re: Battlestar Galactica Board Game - Need 5 players

Post by Remus West »

I suppose I will give this a try, I am a sucker for new games.

In
“As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.” - H.L. Mencken
Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

stessier wrote:In!

How the heck is Helo above Apollo and Starbuck in line to the Admiral???
Helo is considered a Military Leader in the game and thus has precedence over pilots.

Since you are first in Stessier, you get first pick of the characters and are first in the turn order!! No rush in choosing since I think it might take sometime to get 6 players this time of year.
Last edited by Scoop20906 on Wed Dec 10, 2008 4:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Remus West

Post by Remus West »

stessier wrote:How the heck is Helo above Apollo and Starbuck in line to the Admiral???
He has a gun. Sheesh. You would think you do not even read the BSG games lassr runs. All Apollo gets to do is check dead guys. All Starbuck does is run around trying to protect people. Wave a gun in their faces and they go "Yes Sir. Helo, Sir." :wink: :lol:
“As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.” - H.L. Mencken
Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

Remus West wrote:
stessier wrote:How the heck is Helo above Apollo and Starbuck in line to the Admiral???
He has a gun. Sheesh. You would think you do not even read the BSG games lassr runs. All Apollo gets to do is check dead guys. All Starbuck does is run around trying to protect people. Wave a gun in their faces and they go "Yes Sir. Helo, Sir." :wink: :lol:
Remus can I count you IN? :P

Remus West

Post by Remus West »

Scoop20906 wrote:
Remus West wrote:
Remus can I count you IN? :P
Remus West wrote:I suppose I will give this a try, I am a sucker for new games.

In
stessier

Post by stessier »

I have an idea who I want to choose, but I want to read the full rules tonight before declaring. I can choose anyone, right?
I require a reminder as to why raining arcane destruction is not an appropriate response to all of life's indignities. - Vaarsuvius
Running____2014: 1300.55 miles____2015: 2036.13 miles____2016: 1012.75 miles____2017: 1105.82 miles____2018: 1318.91 miles__2019: 2000.00 miles
stessier

Post by stessier »

Remus West wrote:
:P
Kraegor

Post by Kraegor »

spose I'll play considering the other one is on hold
stessier

Post by stessier »

Kraegor wrote:spose I'll play considering the other one is on hold
You know this one could take a loooong time, right? Ezra wasn't even sure it would work as a forum game due to everything that has to be done each turn. Nothing against Scoop's abilities, but I only give this a 40/60 chance of making it to the end. :)
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

Wow. O.k., having read a bit of this I have to say I am out. Sorry but this is just to much for me to do online. It does look like a game I would like to try live but not here. Sorry guys.
Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

This game will take a long time. I figure that it will take us about 2 days for each person's turn due to skill checks that happen with each crisis card.

However, I do believe the game is doable online although I think its more fun in person.

I am willing to try it with whoever is game and if everyone decides its undoable and a wash we can just end it at anytime.

I have already decided on some ways to curb the rulez for online play.

Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

stessier wrote:I have an idea who I want to choose, but I want to read the full rules tonight before declaring. I can choose anyone, right?
Since you are first you can choose anyone. Everyone there after has to pick someone from a different character branch (politics, pilot, military, support). The rules for this are on the 2nd post.

Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

Remus West wrote:Wow. O.k., having read a bit of this I have to say I am out. Sorry but this is just to much for me to do online. It does look like a game I would like to try live but not here. Sorry guys.
No prob. I think people would have to commit to checking in every evening for their turn or the skill check for the crisis.

Lassr

Post by Lassr »

Remus West wrote:Wow. O.k., having read a bit of this I have to say I am out. Sorry but this is just to much for me to do online. It does look like a game I would like to try live but not here. Sorry guys.
+1

I too was thinking about trying it but after reading the rules it would just take too much time. It's hard enough committing time to the WW games. Does look fun though.
The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.

Black Lives Matter