Scooby's Werewolf Village - Game Over

This is the place for self-contained forum games

Moderator: Zaxxon

Remus West

Scooby's Werewolf Village - Game Over

Post by Remus West »

A deep mist swirl's through the town of Scooby chilling the residents but it is the howls carried on the wind that takes that chill into their bones. The villagers at first gather together in the center of the town square, safe from the darkness by dint of numbers but it is not long before the legends start creeping through their minds. Legends of men who become beasts and prey upon their neighbors. Legends of mystics trying to protect them, strong and wily men packing weapons to turn the hunt back upon the beasts. Mostly the legends of the wolf though. Quickly you turn from making eye contact with your neighbor. Could he be one you think, a thought punctuate by a fresh howl upon the wind. You scurry to your own home and bar the door. Can the night possibly be as evil as it feels?

Powers possible:
Evil:
Rabid Wolf - converts one non-wolf
Master Wolf - knows the roles of the night kill
Berserker Wolf - Extra kill when lynched
Apprentice Wolf - scans for sorcerer, can PM if contacts
Sorcerer - Scans for roles, counts as a good guy wins with the bad
Witch - Ability to cancel a players power for a 24 hour period. May only be used once per player.

Good:
Seer - Scans for allegiance
Wolfbane Holder - Can not be killed at night (always protected - can not be converted)
Werewolf Hunter - Can shoot a player of his choice each day
Herbalist - Can spread wolf bane around a players house at night (protector)
Medium - Can talk to Dead via PM one dead person a night. Thus no spoilers for the dead.
Masons - Can PM freely between each other. # depends on # of players in game
Grave robber - Can learn the roles of the dead.
miscreant - 2 votes, 1 of which is anonymous.
Mathematician - Every night able to determine either the number of powered players remaining or the number of wolves remaining.
Whore - chooses 1 player to be with during night. If chosen is targeted as kill by wolves, Whore dies. If chosen is a Wolf, whore cannot be target that night. If there is only a single wolf he will be to busy to make a kill that night (there will be no kill).
Weredog - Good, wins with village. Scans as wolf. Will kill one wolf if attacked at night (but dies in the process). The wolves may twice per game submit that they are attacking as though the target is the weredog when determining their night kill. If they are correct he will not be able to kill one of them as they are prepared for him.
Eavesdropper - Can stake out one person's house every night and determine whether or not they pm'd anybody that night. (Could be set off by wolves, medium, masons, etc)

Flavor:
Lovers - Can be any two players. They may PM freely and are trying to be the last remaining players in the game. If they are then they win.

Players:
1. Scoop20906
2. Mr Bubbles
3. Purge
4. theohall
5. Newcastle
6. Mipe
7. Chaosraven
8. Unagi
9. redrun
10. Lassr
11. stessier
12. Chris Grenard
13. Grundbegriff
14. Kraegor
15. Bakhtosh
16. Austin
17. Semaj
18. tru1cy

Range for the # of wolves and powers will be based on the number of players that wish to play. All players will know the possible range before roles are assigned. (i.e. 12 players, 2 wolves with 1 evil power, 3 good powers, 25% chance of having Lovers).

Random.org is begining to speak. There will be 4 wolves, 3 evil powers, 6 good powers (the Seer counts as 1 of those). Roles to be assigned and PMs to be set. Update to follow. PMs have been sent to all players. If you did not get one please PM me. Game has started. It is night. Good luck to all.

Q&A
Remus West wrote:
Grundbegriff wrote:Question for Remus: If Whore visits Bubba and Wolves attack Bubba, Whore dies. Does Bubba also die, or does Whore die instead of Bubba?
If the Whore is the target then the Whore dies alone. If Bubba is the target then both are killed. They either get the Whore on the way out or they would miss him as he doesn't sleep at home. If the Whore is protected but Bubba is the target both die. If Bubba is protected and the target then neither dies. If Bubba is protected and the Whore is the target then the Whore dies.
Remus West wrote:
Grundbegriff wrote:Questions for Remus:
When a Whore visits Bubba, does that give the Whore and Bubba night of PMs? Or is the visit purely a matter of accounting?
Does a Mathematician PM to request a count, or does a count come to him automagically?
The Whore is allowed to have pillow talk (PM) with the target of his seduction. The Mathematician is given the count at the start of each day cycle.
Remus West wrote:After consultation with a (the?) lurker I have come to the decision I should spell this out for you all.

For the distribution of powers this is what I did.
Determined that the range of wolves would be 2-5 and had random.org generate a number 1-4 then added 1 to it to get the wolves number. (number generated was 3)
I did the same for their evil powers. (number generated was 2)
Then I had it generate 3 random numbers from 1-6 (powers were assigned numbers in order)
Given 4 wolves I generated 4 random numbers from 1-18 and went with the first list that had no repeat numbers. Those players were assigned as wolves. If the evil powers were wolf powers I then assigned them to the wolves by generating random numbers 1-4 for each ability to be assigned.

I followed the same system for determining Good powers and assigning them. The only difference is that I predetermined there would be at least 1 Seer so slot 1 was assigned Seer before I then generated 5 numbers for the other powers. When assigning the Good powers and Evil Human Powers I included all Humans (1-14) renumbered to remove the wolves from the list.

I flipped a virtual coin for the Lovers to be present or not.

No Wolf or Human would be allowed to have 2 powers (could not be Seer and Hunter or Beserker and Rabid). Lovers, if they are in the game, can be anyone and would be generated by 2 numbers (1-18) ignoring all other information about that player.

Hopefully this clears up any confusion.

Answer to question asked:

Herbalist, if one exists, may protect anyone but may not protect the same player on consequtive nights.
Remus West wrote:
Grundbegriff wrote:
Remus West wrote:Random.org is begining to speak. There will be 4 wolves, 3 evil powers, 6 good powers (the Seer counts as 1 of those). Roles to be assigned and PMs to be set. Update to follow. PMs have been sent to all players. If you did not get one please PM me. Game has started. It is night. Good luck to all.
Request for clarification: Since nearly all the "evil powers" are wolves of some sort, what do you mean when you say there are "4 wolves, 3 evil powers"? Are you saying that one wolf is the good wolf-- the weredog? Are you saying there are seven evildoers total? What?
There are 4 wolves. That was determined randomly as were the numbers of powers both good and evil. After the wolves were assigned I rolled the evil powers and assigned them (obviously if the evil power was a "wolf" power it went to one of the wolves if it was a human power it went to a human).

The converted wolf would be a normal powerless variety.

The witch counts towards the good side but wins with evil just like the sorcerer if either/both are in play.
Remus West wrote:Seer learns Human or Wolf. Weredog would scan as Wolf. Sorcerer and Witch would scan as Human. Lovers scanned would show Human or Wolf as appropriate for their main role. There may be multiples of the same role. There is no fallout from the Whore sleeping with a Lover (although had I thought of it before the game began I would have included something for that as it would be funny).
Remus West wrote:
Unagi wrote:Remus,

Is it the case that we also don't know if there are Lovers in this game. I only ask because they were seperated as 'Flavor' (I realize they may be Good or Bad, and that's the reason for that), but I presume they are like all the 'roles' in that we don't know if they are in this game or not. Correct?
The Lovers, like every other role, were given a random chance of being in the game. The outcome of that random chance will not be known to the general population until the game is over.
Bakhtosh wrote:REMUS:
Does hunter shot affect the day's lynch at all?

Doed hunter shot stop 'splodie wolf from assploding?
Hunter must shoot before voting is closed.
Beserker only triggered by being the day's lynch.
Shot does not take place of day's lynch - there will still be a lynch should a shot be taken.
Last edited by Remus West on Fri Dec 05, 2008 12:49 pm, edited 24 times in total.
“As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.” - H.L. Mencken
mipe

Re: Scooby's Werewolf Village

Post by mipe »

I could swear I said somewhere that I am IN
Roleplaying in Massive Multiplayer Online Role-playing game?
BLASHPHEMY!!

Do you like OO? Do you like Civilization? Do you like Fall From Heaven 2? If you answer yes at all, come to viewtopic.php?f=4&t=62242
Chaosraven

Post by Chaosraven »

Not out
"Where are you off to?"
"I don't know," Snufkin replied.
The door shut again and Snufkin entered his forest, with a hundred miles of silence ahead of him.

Sweet sweet meat come. -LordMortis
theohall

Post by theohall »

woohoo! finally get to join the fun :)
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

I'll join in the fun. :ninja:
redrun

Post by redrun »

IN for me, please,
Sufficient I am to the day.
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

in
The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.

Black Lives Matter
stessier

Post by stessier »

I can't pass this up. I really need help.
I require a reminder as to why raining arcane destruction is not an appropriate response to all of life's indignities. - Vaarsuvius
Global Steam Wishmaslist Tracking
Running____2014: 1300.55 miles____2015: 2036.13 miles____2016: 1012.75 miles____2017: 1105.82 miles____2018: 1318.91 miles__2019: 2000.00 miles
ChrisGrenard

Post by ChrisGrenard »

Considering two of my ideas (albeit modified) got in, I simply must play in this game.
I'm special!
Grundbegriff

Post by Grundbegriff »

I can't stop my leg.
Mr Bubbles

Post by Mr Bubbles »

Weeee finally. Was wondering where the next opportunity to pad my post count would come.
“The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.”
Bertrand Russell
theohall

Post by theohall »

Gotta question. Is it possible for the Lovers to be a wolf and a villager? Because that would be crazy weird!
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

theohall wrote:Gotta question. Is it possible for the Lovers to be a wolf and a villager? Because that would be crazy weird!
any two players...
Semaj

Post by Semaj »

Grundbegriff wrote:I can't stop my leg.
And here I thought you said you wouldnt play with mipe anymore... :)
Some claim to be things they aren't.
Some claim things they don't deserve.
Some claim to know more than they ever will.
I don't claim anything, because no one would believe the truth anyways.
stessier

Post by stessier »

This is kind of funny. We all think people are getting burned out and need simpler games. So naturally we start the hardest one yet. We will just be guessing at roles. Grund and Chaos are going to have a field day. :D

I would add Semaj and Mr Bubbles in there, but they're not going to see Day 2, so I didn't see the need. :P
I require a reminder as to why raining arcane destruction is not an appropriate response to all of life's indignities. - Vaarsuvius
Running____2014: 1300.55 miles____2015: 2036.13 miles____2016: 1012.75 miles____2017: 1105.82 miles____2018: 1318.91 miles__2019: 2000.00 miles
Chaosraven

Post by Chaosraven »

stessier wrote:Grund and Chaos are going to have a field day. :D

I would add Semaj and Mr Bubbles in there, but they're not going to see Day 2, so I didn't see the need. :P
And I was just thinking to myself "self, you and Grund will not see the third morning"

But then here's this nifty PM and we're 2 of the 3 wolves! Awesome.

Remus, we kill Semaj.
"Where are you off to?"
The door shut again and Snufkin entered his forest, with a hundred miles of silence ahead of him.

stessier

Post by stessier »

Chaosraven wrote:And I was just thinking to myself "self, you and Grund will not see the third morning"
I thought when you did this, it always showed up in red italics. What's up with that???
Chaosraven

Post by Chaosraven »

stessier wrote:
Chaosraven wrote:And I was just thinking to myself "self, you and Grund will not see the third morning"
I thought when you did this, it always showed up in red italics. What's up with that???
When we does whats my precious?

Who said that?
"Where are you off to?"

Mr Bubbles

Post by Mr Bubbles »

stessier wrote:This is kind of funny. We all think people are getting burned out and need simpler games. So naturally we start the hardest one yet. We will just be guessing at roles. Grund and Chaos are going to have a field day. :D

[semaj]I'm keeping my mouth shut. Unless I can get revenge on someone who killed me recently[/semaj]
:ninja:
“The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.”
Bertrand Russell
Grundbegriff

Post by Grundbegriff »

Semaj wrote:
Grundbegriff wrote:I can't stop my leg.
And here I thought you said you wouldnt play with mipe anymore... :)
Nope. I said "Remind me not to...." He failed to do that. So I guess I have no choice but to tolerate our Karelian Karmamagnet.
stessier

Post by stessier »

Mr Bubbles wrote:[semaj]I'm keeping my mouth shut. Unless I can get revenge on someone who killed me recently[/semaj]
:ninja:
:lol: :lol: :lol:
purge

Post by purge »

I'm currently on the West coast in training. I will play, but from 8am-7pm I'll likely have no connection unless my iPhone can find wireless (no data plan :( .... work phone and they won't pay)
I would like to apologize to anyone I have not offended.
Please be patient - I will get to you shortly.
Kraegor

Post by Kraegor »

I'll play
Semaj

Post by Semaj »

Chaosraven wrote:

And I was just thinking to myself "self, you and Grund will not see the third morning"

Remus, we kill Semaj.
Hard to kill me when I am not playing.
Mr Bubbles

Post by Mr Bubbles »

Semaj wrote:
Chaosraven wrote:

Remus, we kill Semaj.
Hard to kill me when I am not playing.
It's ok Semaj. I will try to make you proud.
Bertrand Russell
Austin

Post by Austin »

I wasn't gonna' but I can't resist a new ruleset. :doh:
Semaj

Post by Semaj »

Heh, sorry bubbles, but I've pretty much accepted you shouldn't play games when you don't have fun. And I never was a guy who could sit on the bench and cheer all game.
Bakhtosh
Forum Moderator

Post by Bakhtosh »

I Need to work and don't have time to play.

I also need professional help...
“I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery.” -Thomas Jefferson
Finding Red Riding Hood well-armed, the wolf calls for more gun control.
stessier

Post by stessier »

Bakhtosh wrote:I also need professional help...
Maybe we can join forces and get a group discount??
Mr Bubbles

Post by Mr Bubbles »

I'd save a slot for the whore.. You know she's never going to live this one down.
Bertrand Russell
stessier

Post by stessier »

Semaj wrote:Heh, sorry bubbles, but I've pretty much accepted you shouldn't play games when you don't have fun. And I never was a guy who could sit on the bench and cheer all game.
Sorry to hear that Semaj.

Maybe one more game just to be sure you are making the right choice? I mean, with this rule set, crazy things are gonna happen. You gotta be able to say "I was there when..." :)
Grundbegriff

Post by Grundbegriff »

Yeah. This might be the game where you finally earn your stripes!
Bakhtosh
Forum Moderator

Post by Bakhtosh »

What's the record for the largest game (number of players)?
“I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery.” -Thomas Jefferson
Finding Red Riding Hood well-armed, the wolf calls for more gun control.
stessier

Post by stessier »

Bakhtosh wrote:What's the record for the largest game (number of players)?
Lars had 22 last Christmas. Anything beat that?

How many did the Thing game have?
Kraegor

Post by Kraegor »

22 was a standard size. many of those no longer play thus 22 is no longer doable.
Newcastle

Post by Newcastle »

stessier wrote:
Semaj wrote:Heh, sorry bubbles, but I've pretty much accepted you shouldn't play games when you don't have fun. And I never was a guy who could sit on the bench and cheer all game.
Sorry to hear that Semaj.

Maybe one more game just to be sure you are making the right choice? I mean, with this rule set, crazy things are gonna happen. You gotta be able to say "I was there when..." :)

pretty please semaj? - i know the first few times I played, I got knocked out early was frustrating, but somehow i was strangely addicted, so I kept on playing, and playing, and got to live a bit longer. Really sucks to get knocked out early, and I remember Ralph Wigum, eagerly throwing me under the bus on one of my first games, and I was like dude, I'm innocent, but he was like, dude, even if you are innocent, then good, we arent hitting a special, and I was like dude, that aint cool, and he went dude, it's a safe choice....and then the village simultaenoulsy said...dude...and that game went by-by for me and I was voted off.

Yeah it sucks, but keep with it, eventually you will last longer, and even be a powered. It's worth it.

pretty please semaj,
/gives the puppy dog eyes
"pwetty pwease semaj"
Bayraktar!!!!

Trump and the GOP; putting the banana in our Republic.
Newcastle

Post by Newcastle »

oh, one other thing - how you think that GRund feels byh being killed either by lynch or night kill in the first few days. His shelf life is at most (usually) 2-3 days. Sucks to be him...but then again he has that big brain, so that makes him a huge ass target!
Bayraktar!!!!

Trump and the GOP; putting the banana in our Republic.
stessier

Post by stessier »

Newcastle wrote:he has that big brain, so that makes him a huge ass target!
There's something confusing in that fragment, but I can't/don't want to put my finger on it...
Mr Bubbles

Post by Mr Bubbles »

Grundbegriff wrote:Yeah. This might be the game where you finally earn your stripes!
Yeah we're still working on Grund. One day he'll earn his aggro management stripes.
Bertrand Russell
Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

Semaj needs to play so I can continue to pick on him.

Also, I suggest everyone run (not walk) over and sign up for his wrestling game, "Battle to end all Battles". I think its a neat idea and it allows Semaj to inject some of his "creativity" onto the forum games board.
Scoop. Makeup and hair are fabulous. - Qantaga

Xbox Gamertag: Scoop20906
Steam: Scoop20906