04-[WW]Harvey Birdman - Case of the Closed Court...of Doom!

This is the place for self-contained forum games

Moderator: Zaxxon

Sectoid

04-[WW]Harvey Birdman - Case of the Closed Court...of Doom!

Post by Sectoid »

"Hear Ye! Hear Ye!
All those with business before this court come forward and ye shall be heard! The right honorable Mentok presiding!"

"It is I Mentok the Mind Taker! What's the case before us...wait, don't tell me...Pubic...No Public Nudity!
I'm right, right? Ha Ha! I'm always right, for I am Mentok the Mind Taker!"

Suddenly, Mentok motions his hand and the court doors slam shut. The bailiff runs and hides under his desk and the Jury looks around nervously. Though there is an audience and jurors, there are no lawyers or defendants present. Mentok starts to float about the court peering at everyone.

"I know you are in here somewhere and I know what you are plotting. WHY?! For I am Mentok! Anyway, if you want to hide yourselves, that's fine. If you want to kill each other that's fine too, Just not in MY court...Not without my sayso anyway."

Mentok floats back to his bench and sits. Then bangs his gavel that lets out a 'Squeak' twice.

"The plot will come to order. I am the judge so what I say goes. Don't bother trying to leave, the doors are locked from the outside."

The Bailiff struggles with the doorknob to the chamber door.

"Frankly, I'm up for transfer to night-court, not the fun one with the tall Bald guy either, the one with John Larroquette. So, I'm in a bad mood and seeing you destroy each other will amuse me. However, I must have order in my court and all guilty verdicts must go through me. So, we will adjourn until tomorrow, when one of you will not be alive. I know for I am...oh you get it..."

The Good Guys
ImageHarvey Birdman - Every night, Harvey may choose one person to protect, including himself, with his energy shield. Since his shield is solar powered and he is stuck indoors, he cannot protect the same person twice (including himself). An attack by the villains on that person will be unsuccessful for that night. Being the savvy attorney he is, once per game, Harvey can send out Avenger (his trusty Eagle companion) with a bribe for Mentok after the lynch vote has been cast. The verdict for that day will be overturned and the game will proceed into the night phase.
ImagePeanut - Once per game, Peanut can produce a bazooka from out of nowhere and blow someone to kingdom-come.
ImagePeter Potomus - "Did ya get that 'thing' I sent ya?!" Every night, Peter can engage another player in a PM session. The ending and beginning of which will be regulated by Mentok.
ImagePhil Ken Sebben - So long as Phil is alive when a player is judged guilty and executed by Mentok, their identity will be revealed. "HA-HA...undertaking..."
ImageInch High Private Eye - Every night, Inch High can learn the identity of another player through his deductive skills and methods.
ImageReducto - I know, I know, technically, he is a villain, but he's good at heart. Anyway, if he should be the target of a guilty verdict, Reducto will immediately yell "BACK OFF!" and produce his shrink gun. Everyone will cower in fear, from then on Reducto is immune to a guilty verdict.
ImageBear - The Bear must, once per night, PM another player with the message only containing ":)". The player receiving the PM cannot respond and the Bear cannot PM anything further, he's a Bear dammit and can only smile at them!

The Villains
Collusion - The Villains can freely converse via a separate mind-forum that will be set up by Mentok, with the exception of Azul Falcon (see below).
ImageVulturo - Every night, Vulturo can find out the identity of another player via Dirth, his robotic Vulture. The Villains also find out the result of their night kill via Vulturo's keen interest in carrion.
ImageUni-Boo-Boo - Boo Boo has a thing about large corporations and technology...he wants to return to his peaceful days in the cave with his life-partner, Yogi. Boo-Boo is wired. If Boo-Boo should be the target of a guilty verdict, he chooses a player to give a deadly/cute hug to and take with him to the afterlife.
ImageBarney Rubble - Barney is in the stone industry...yeah that's it. In actuality, he runs the Bedrock crime syndicate. Once per game, Barney can convert a Juror into the Dabba-Don, this takes the place of the Villains kill for the night.
ImageDabba-Don - The Dabba-Don is simply a puppet, he counts as a villian for game-winning purposes and can converse with the Villians via the mind-forum.
ImageAntonio de Ribera Garcia Azul Falcón - Azul wants nothing more than Harvey Dead, for killing his beloved friend Dyno-Mutt. Every night, Azul chooses a player to scan, if that player turns out to be Harvey, Azul kills that player and joins the ranks of the Villains, he may then converse with them via the mind-Forum. Azul only finds out if they are Harvey or not, nothing further. Until he finds Harvey, he is on his own.

THe Others
Anyone else is a Juror and has a vote to cast. They also serve as cover for the other players.
Last edited by Sectoid on Thu Jul 10, 2008 12:31 pm, edited 8 times in total.
(V)(;,,;)(V) - Why not Zoidberg?
Model Mayhem # 641920
Sectoid

Re: [WW]Harvey Birdman - Case of the Closed Court...of Doom!

Post by Sectoid »

As I stated, I'm gonna need some help. So, please give me opinions and let me know if you see any loop-holes.

The Cast:
Scoop20906
Chaosraven
Sean, Minister of KtSP
Semaj
Last edited by Sectoid on Thu Jul 10, 2008 8:33 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Model Mayhem # 641920
Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

I'll take the case!!!

IN
Scoop. Makeup and hair are fabulous. - Qantaga

Xbox Gamertag: Scoop20906
Steam: Scoop20906
Mr Bubbles

Post by Mr Bubbles »

So the ETA for this one is when New Years?
“The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.”
Bertrand Russell
Sectoid

Post by Sectoid »

Mr Bubbles wrote:So the ETA for this one is when New Years?
I dunno. Whenever.
Model Mayhem # 641920
Sectoid

Post by Sectoid »

Fixed a slight balance issue regarding Harvey's power.
Model Mayhem # 641920
stessier

Post by stessier »

How many players are you targeting? It'll have to be a bunch with that many Specials...
I require a reminder as to why raining arcane destruction is not an appropriate response to all of life's indignities. - Vaarsuvius
Global Steam Wishmaslist Tracking
Running____2014: 1300.55 miles____2015: 2036.13 miles____2016: 1012.75 miles____2017: 1105.82 miles____2018: 1318.91 miles__2019: 2000.00 miles
Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

Ok, one thing to consider. When a person is killed by the jury or killed by the bad guys, who find out their role? You should include this in the rules.

Its a ton of specials but I think it looks interesting. I especially love the bear.

Chaosraven

Post by Chaosraven »

Things to consider for the Game:

Are edits allowed?
Is PM'ing allowed?
Is a Majority irrevocable once reached?
Timing of abilities (what happens when?)
What does a lynch reveal?
Who learns what?

Oh, and I am ALWAYS *IN*
"Where are you off to?"
"I don't know," Snufkin replied.
The door shut again and Snufkin entered his forest, with a hundred miles of silence ahead of him.

Sweet sweet meat come. -LordMortis
Sectoid

Post by Sectoid »

stessier wrote:How many players are you targeting? It'll have to be a bunch with that many Specials...
I suppose, but no more than Chaosraven's game. I have 12, I think he had about 17 in the new JLA game(I could be wrong).
Scoop20906 wrote:Ok, one thing to consider. When a person is killed by the jury or killed by the bad guys, who find out their role? You should include this in the rules.

Its a ton of specials but I think it looks interesting. I especially love the bear.
So long as Phil is alive, everyone finds out the role of the lynch (guilty verdict) vote. I'm going to re-write Vulturo to include that the bad guys find out the role of the person they killed in the night.
I love the Bear too. I was going to get rid of him for scale reasons, but I HAD to keep him.
Chaosraven wrote:Things to consider for the Game:

Are edits allowed?
Is PM'ing allowed?
Is a Majority irrevocable once reached?
Timing of abilities (what happens when?)
What does a lynch reveal?
Who learns what?

Oh, and I am ALWAYS *IN*
Rule addendum:
Edits are OK so long as they are noted.
PM is NOT allowed with the exceptions of Peter Potomus and the Bear. Of course, Mentok can PM you whenever he wants, he's friggin Mentok.
Majority is irrevocable when reached (only exception is Harvey's power, that can be used once per game).
Timing, I figure would work similar to your game: (Night cycle)
  • Harvey send me Avenger bribe (if applicable) - OKed and I post what transpired, Harvey is not revealed
    Azul Falcón PMs me with scan target - in case he kills Harvey - I send result
    Harvey PMs me with protection target - OKed
    Inch High PMs me with investigation target - Result Given
    Bear PMs me with :) target - Message sent
    Peter Potomus PMs me with chat target - Chat initiated in seperate forum I'll create (need help here too, wasn't sure if another forum was best idea)
    Barney PMs me with conversion target, if he has one (I thought about this one for a while, since Vulturo can scan) - Result given
    If no Barney conversion, Villains send me kill target
    Vulturo PMs me with scan target - Results given
    Eventually, I will end Peter Potomus Chat
    Night cycle over
Geesh that's alot.
Model Mayhem # 641920
stessier

Post by stessier »

Sectoid wrote:
stessier wrote:How many players are you targeting? It'll have to be a bunch with that many Specials...
I suppose, but no more than Chaosraven's game. I have 12, I think he had about 17 in the new JLA game(I could be wrong).
True about the new JLA game, but not all of those Specials are in every game. At least the way I read the rules, it looks like there are a random number of Good Guys chosen for each game. It's an interesting idea and allows for excellent replay value. Maybe Chaos is getting ready to franchise the idea?? :lol:
I require a reminder as to why raining arcane destruction is not an appropriate response to all of life's indignities. - Vaarsuvius
Running____2014: 1300.55 miles____2015: 2036.13 miles____2016: 1012.75 miles____2017: 1105.82 miles____2018: 1318.91 miles__2019: 2000.00 miles
Sean, Minister of KtSP

Re: 04-[WW]Harvey Birdman - Case of the Closed Court...of Doom!

Post by Sean, Minister of KtSP »

Did I say IN here? If not, IN.
"Sweet dreams, Mr. Stiffly."
"I have told you, my name is not... ... ...Sweet dreams, Monster-san."
Semaj

Post by Semaj »

In
Some claim to be things they aren't.
Some claim things they don't deserve.
Some claim to know more than they ever will.
I don't claim anything, because no one would believe the truth anyways.
stessier

Post by stessier »

This is the next game up, right? Is Sectoid still planning on running it?
Mr Bubbles

Post by Mr Bubbles »

Well I'm in whenever it rolls because thats how I roll.
“The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.”
Bertrand Russell
Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

I'm still IN if sectoid wants to run it.

theohall

Post by theohall »

In...