2024 Fundraising - $1001 / $2000 CDN for the year, June/July Renewal. Paypal Donation Link US dollars

Warhammer - Burn the Heretic! Emperor's Children WIN!

This is the place for self-contained forum games

Moderator: Zaxxon

theohall

Re: Warhammer - Burn the Heretic! Emperor's Children WIN!

Post by theohall »

Just to weigh in on my end...

After the holiday break, I was concerned with someone initiating a quick lynch vote which Scoop initiated. Of course, not knowing he's the Apothecary doesn't help any. Unagi jumps in then saves himself by being the shooter.

Question - why are the good guy specials so quick to make lynch votes? Shouldn't we be taking a little more time to find the EC?

So now I'm looking at who went for the quick vote - which was Scoop again - and I was completely wrong :)

So Scoop is almost lynched, makes his announcement while I'm out doing family stuff, I get back and am already dead with zero chance at saying anything (lynch vote happened in a less than 2 hour window in the middle of a weekday) - while everyone ignored the Remus or purge comments. At 9:21 am scoop announced special. At 11:42 am I was dead without having made a comment following the announcement. Shouldn't this have struck someone as odd? Especially the specials?

Chaosraven, Unagi and Austin with the last three votes...

We knew Unagi was good at this point, once the gene seed was recovered shouldn't Austin and CR been at the top of the list? Along with Remus?

Just confused as to how the "good guys" played this with the aggressive voting which allowed the EC to pile on and ensure good guys were the lynches.
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

Theo, I agree with you regarding the interpretation of the vote on you where Austin is concerned but not for Chaosraven and I. I had been on you for a long time at that point and the fast vote could easily have been a method of trapping me on there. Similar for Chaosraven, he placed a vote that put you 2 away. The speed with which the next 2 votes came could not have been foreseen by a normal. I was shocked that Unagi was willing to put you to the edge like that myself. His vote would have been the most suspicious to me.
“As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.” - H.L. Mencken
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

Remus West wrote:Theo, I agree with you regarding the interpretation of the vote on you where Austin is concerned but not for Chaosraven and I. I had been on you for a long time at that point and the fast vote could easily have been a method of trapping me on there. Similar for Chaosraven, he placed a vote that put you 2 away. The speed with which the next 2 votes came could not have been foreseen by a normal. I was shocked that Unagi was willing to put you to the edge like that myself. His vote would have been the most suspicious to me.
At the time, Theohall was hitting my radar hard, and it was in a moment of the game where I agreed with Remus on his suspicion of theohall as well (and was starting to think Remus "Good Guy".) And I had no idea if we had just killed Lassr = Converted... which would mean that we had a whole bunch of "Good Guys" and just 1 "Bad Guy" trying to keep off the vote of Theohall.

At the time, it didn't seem so increadibly obvious that Remus, Chaos, and Austin were the bad guys.... ya know? :roll:
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

Unagi wrote:
Remus West wrote:Theo, I agree with you regarding the interpretation of the vote on you where Austin is concerned but not for Chaosraven and I. I had been on you for a long time at that point and the fast vote could easily have been a method of trapping me on there. Similar for Chaosraven, he placed a vote that put you 2 away. The speed with which the next 2 votes came could not have been foreseen by a normal. I was shocked that Unagi was willing to put you to the edge like that myself. His vote would have been the most suspicious to me.
At the time, Theohall was hitting my radar hard, and it was in a moment of the game where I agreed with Remus on his suspicion of theohall as well (and was starting to think Remus "Good Guy".) And I had no idea if we had just killed Lassr = Converted... which would mean that we had a whole bunch of "Good Guys" and just 1 "Bad Guy" trying to keep off the vote of Theohall.

At the time, it didn't seem so increadibly obvious that Remus, Chaos, and Austin were the bad guys.... ya know? :roll:
Yeah, even in hindsight as I think about it some more, I would likely have only been suspicious of Austin for the speed of the vote and for not allowing Theo a chance to have his last words. Had I been an innocent of course.
“As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.” - H.L. Mencken
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

Remus West wrote:
Unagi wrote:

Yeah, even in hindsight as I think about it some more, I would likely have only been suspicious of Austin for the speed of the vote and for not allowing Theo a chance to have his last words. Had I been an innocent of course.
That's just it though - theohall, under threat of gunshot had already made his claim that it was safe to kill him. (you, not giving a rat's ass if it was safe or not, likely ignored that point :twisted: )
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

Unagi wrote:That's just it though - theohall, under threat of gunshot had already made his claim that it was safe to kill him. (you, not giving a rat's ass if it was safe or not, likely ignored that point :twisted: )
probably true. :lol:
theohall

Post by theohall »

Unagi wrote:
Remus West wrote:
Unagi wrote:

That's just it though - theohall, under threat of gunshot had already made his claim that it was safe to kill him. (you, not giving a rat's ass if it was safe or not, likely ignored that point :twisted: )
Thanks for clarifying what I meant to say :)
Semaj

Post by Semaj »

Semaj doesnt play: Bad guys win.

Semaj plays as a bad guy: Bad guys win.

Semaj plays as a good guy: (Insert traveling salesman formula) percent chance of good guys winning.

I see a trend :wink:
Some claim to be things they aren't.
Some claim things they don't deserve.
Some claim to know more than they ever will.
I don't claim anything, because no one would believe the truth anyways.
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

Semaj wrote:Semaj doesnt play: Bad guys win.

Semaj plays as a good guy: (Insert traveling salesman formula) percent chance of good guys winning.

Didn't the good guys win the "Austin Powers" game oh mighty fembot? :wink:
Semaj

Post by Semaj »

Anything I say is a dig on someone.... :)

I let revhumpus call the shots, or we would have won :twisted:
Some claim to be things they aren't.
Some claim things they don't deserve.
Some claim to know more than they ever will.
I don't claim anything, because no one would believe the truth anyways.
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

:?
I think you forgot:

Semaj doesn't play: Semaj was a villager. :roll: :wink:
Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

Remus West wrote:

That game could have went either way. It was basically down to who logged in first. Unfortunately, it took 30 days for Tru1cy to log in.
Scoop. Makeup and hair are fabulous. - Qantaga

Xbox Gamertag: Scoop20906
Steam: Scoop20906
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

Scoop20906 wrote:
Remus West wrote:

That game could have went either way. It was basically down to who logged in first. Unfortunately, it took 30 days for Tru1cy to log in.
true but it proves that Semaj as Bad guy =! Bad Guys win which was the whole point.