2024 Fundraising - $1001 / $2000 CDN for the year, June/July Renewal. Paypal Donation Link US dollars

Warhammer - Burn the Heretic! Emperor's Children WIN!

This is the place for self-contained forum games

Moderator: Zaxxon

Mr Bubbles

Re: Warhammer - Burn the Heretic! Day 3 - Stessier sacrificed

Post by Mr Bubbles »

Scoop20906 wrote:Bubs is stalling but I will give him until morning. After that I think we need to move forward while "sock" puppet master does his own private show. :wink:
You sick little puppy. So what is this... everyone waiting for me.. you can make up your own minds. I just wanted to make sure I made an educated vote.
“The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.”
Bertrand Russell
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

:pop:
Mr Bubbles

Post by Mr Bubbles »

Very interesting so far... I'm not quite sure, but I'm thinking I've identified a personality disorder in Unagi.
“The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.”
Bertrand Russell
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

purge

Post by purge »

I'd like to hear this bubbles/remus thing...

Since I am good, that means that at least 2 out of the 4 "?" people are EC (as we know no night kills are ECs, and there was one night with no deaths and likely a conversion... if it was a defense there would be two nights).

There's no way the EC converter would wait till the third night cycle. Supposing they did, they'd be best to either convert a special or kill the special and spoof their role which is why I won't trust Bubbles and Remus.

Since the silent night occurred before the shot, no second silent night occurred, and we're still getting geneseed results we know for a fact that both Unagi and Scoop are on the up-and-up. Some may question the validity of Scoops claim; I don't see the value in that when the odds are against us and hunting the proven is ludicrous.

Anyone casting doubts in those two's direction is clearly misguided, or even tainted.

Remus said: "I am going to look very hard at Austin, Chaosraven, and Purge today as they are either the three Evils or 2 of the 3 of them are with Scoop." I very much am with Scoop, so I guess you are on the other side. I'm guessing that if more than one vote is against me the other two will pile on.

ChaosRaving is clearly acting the 'zerk' ... let's save him for last so we don't just reduce both headcounts for today, or at least until Tru1cy can answer my question on the "random" nature of the 'zerk' kill in this game.

Ask yourself this: would an EC really be harping on that? With CR's blatant vote on me (and the behaviour smacks of zerkish delight), would he really cast it on another EC? That being said, perhaps the zerk move is a bluff - he certainly isn't his usual chatty self.

Austin, Remus West, ChaosRaven, and Mr. Bubbles ... one of you is Good. Two or three are not. I don't know if the Chaplin's target is aware of the protection and that's where Remus and Bubbles are angling for, that is once again a comment from Tru1cy. I would expect not; that kind of thing would be explicitly pointed out at the onset. (perhaps my chronic reading comprehension is in question - look at what happened last time I was judged too harshly on that ;))

You don't have to dig too far (try the last game I was in) to see that I'm not bad. I'm not pressured; I feel a little anxious at the fact that more than one "?" is considering me. If you are good- truly one of the loyal, then listen to reason, and follow the actions of the proven.

Deviance from this casts the shadow of doubt on your character; I have not voted for my suspect.

Bubbles... explain this:
Remus will be redeemed when you find out my status.
I will actually try to read through most of this and give my best guesses. I know they kept me alive because of my lack of participation. Smart move, but they will get a free ride no more.
I would like to apologize to anyone I have not offended.
Please be patient - I will get to you shortly.
Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

Mr Bubbles wrote:Very interesting so far... I'm not quite sure, but I'm thinking I've identified a personality disorder in Unagi.
:mrgreen:
Scoop. Makeup and hair are fabulous. - Qantaga

Xbox Gamertag: Scoop20906
Steam: Scoop20906
Mr Bubbles

Post by Mr Bubbles »

Remus West wrote:BTW, I thought my intentions were clear enough. I need to reread the thread. I have stated my belief that Purge, Austin, and Chaosraven must be our evil guys. So I intend to go back and see who was acting most "good" before the first actual night to try and figure who I think is the berserker. Then vote for either of the other two.
I hate to say it and ruin all the suspense, but I'm leaning toward remus's accusations. Chaos has not been the typical Chaos he has been in previous games. His participation has been spotty. Austin seems the most evil out of all three. His quick responses when he is being accused is very suspect. Purge, while I lean toward him I am still the least sure about him.
 Austin 

. I think he is our best bet as of right now. It just seems too calculated. I tend to think Chaos was the one who was converted or he is pretty bold.
Chaosraving wrote:My partners, Purge and Bubbles have left it up to me to answer for them it appears.

And Purge would like to admit to being Chaos.

Wait, I think I read his PM wrong.

Er, uh, HI!
This post leads me to believe he was the one converted or was a very bold fella.
To answer your question Purge is I was kept alive because well there is always a air of suspicion, but when I'm unusually quiet of course you want to keep me alive. I'm a suspicion magnet. I just wanted to make sure people knew my participation would change for the better. No more absenteeism.
Bertrand Russell
purge

Post by purge »

I'm really no good at this game.

I should drop off now; I'm befuddled.

Perhaps a re-read will offer some perspective.
Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

Mr Bubbles wrote: Austin 

Is that all you got "sock" puppet master? I thought you would be redeeming Remus somehow.

Remus West

Post by Remus West »

Scoop20906 wrote:
Mr Bubbles wrote: Austin 

Is that all you got "sock" puppet master? I thought you would be redeeming Remus somehow.
I do believe he meant that I would be redeemed when we find out his good/evil allegiance for certain not that his posts would redeem me.

That said, I can get behind a vote for Austin but I am going to wait.
“As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.” - H.L. Mencken
Austin

Post by Austin »

I'll be in class again all morning so try not to let me get dog piled. :P

Mr. Bubbles 

Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

Ok, its morning.

Here are my top suspects:

Chaosraven
He made an zerk move by voting for purge with no explanation. Maybe he was hoping one of us would join him and the other two baddies could pile on and end the game. Luckily it didn't happen. However, since he hasn't made an effort to defend his action we have to assume we have one baddie here, the last one we need to kill.

Mr. Bubbles
First off, Bubbs has been more quiet then we are used to. There could be meta reasons for it however I think when he has shown up he hasn't done anything to ease my mind. His posts have been less than clear and it seems like he is trying it muddle the picture. We have all seen an outed evil Bubbs before. Looks similar.

Remus West
Remus is talking (good) but sometimes I think his points have been unhelpful. His attempt to clear Bubbles was very odd considering he had nothing to base it on that I could see.

Austin
I feel like either (a) the baddies are setting Austin up, or (b) the baddies are using Austin as a sacrifice to look good when he comes up evil.

So, with all that said, I would vote for Mr. Bubbles today.

Unagi

Post by Unagi »

That's pretty much my list exactly Scoop.

Although, I can't help but wonder if the Chaos move is a set-up to think he could be zerker and he isn't...
(and I have a number of theories for why the other 'two' could be our zerker)

In any case, I am prepared to move on the basic premiss that our two (at least) remaining Good Guys, contain Austin and Purge.

So, shall we?

Mr Bubbles 

Mr Bubbles

Post by Mr Bubbles »

Unagi wrote:That's pretty much my list exactly Scoop.

Although, I can't help but wonder if the Chaos move is a set-up to think he could be zerker and he isn't...
(and I have a number of theories for why the other 'two' could be our zerker)

In any case, I am prepared to move on the basic premiss that our two (at least) remaining Good Guys, contain Austin and Purge.

So, shall we?

Mr Bubbles 

Oh I hope you do Unagi... I hope you vote for me because I will rub it in your face later on. Austin is guilty. Look back at his participation. This guy is guilty and if you don't see it then well.... Vote for me first and your transformation from Remuscide to Unagified will be complete.
Bertrand Russell
Mr Bubbles

Post by Mr Bubbles »

Btw.. if you want to meta game and try to explain away my absence then thats pretty weak.
Bertrand Russell
Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

Mr Bubbles wrote:Btw.. if you want to meta game and try to explain away my absence then thats pretty weak.
I was trying to only base my analysis on the posts that we had from you and I only noted we had less than your normal amount of posts to base it on. Thats all. I don't begrudge you having a life at all. You are one of the best and active players we have. You should be able to check out when you need to. 8-)

purge

Post by purge »

I refuse to vote until closer to the deadline. Re: Unagified - Unagi isn't leading any charges here, it doesn't replace the Remucide (AFAIK).

As far as the pile-on is concerned, right now we have one proven on Bubbles +Austin.

The count is
Purge (1) - ChaosRaven
Mr.Bubbles (2) - Austin, Unagi

No votes registered: Purge, Scoop, Mr.Bubbles, Remus West
Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

I hope we are right about this. Well, at least we can be wrong together as well.

Mr Bubbles 

Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

The Dead:
Semaj (untainted)
Mipe (normal, untainted)
Lassr (unknown)
theohall (normal, untainted)
Stessier (unknown, untainted)

Majority is 4 votes. If no majority is met, voting ends at Wednesday 1/14 @ 5pm est.

Votes:
Mr. Bubbles(3) - Austin, Unagi, Scoop20906
Purge(1) - Chaosraven
Austin(1) - Mr. Bubbles

No Vote: Remus West, Purge

purge

Post by purge »

make that two.

:sigh: ah well ... Unagified might fit the description of a player who's running the next game so he's taking this one down as fast as he can. ;) I keed. :P
purge

Post by purge »

Well, I said I'd follow the proven in this. I don't have time to go back and read the 20 odd pages to determine guilt right now, so I call to lynch

Mr.Bubbles 

purge

Post by purge »

Quick poll, provens...

do you believe Lassr to be Librarian, Chaplin, Soldier or EC?
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

Mr.B, When and Where did I "meta you away" ?

I didn't.

And - to that point, and for what it's worth, this vote I have on you is based entirely on the messages in the posts you have made.

If your game wasn't sufficient to garner my trust and/or belief that you are good - why is that all of a sudden my problem?

As far as 'Remuside' goes, this is a great example of why I am voting for you. Taunting a player is something I have seen wolves do time and time again.
Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

purge wrote:Quick poll, provens...

If Lassr was a special, he would have announced it. Unagi gave him ample warning he was going to be shot. There are good odds he is EC or just normal. I'm pretty sure either the Chaplin or Librarian was converted. We may have one left and it would probably be the one that needs to stay quiet.

Unagi

Post by Unagi »

purge wrote:Quick poll, provens...

Meh, I guess I would lean 'Soldier', simply because he could have claimed a special and drew that special out... but he could have been trying to pass as Soldier and was really EC, so - truly, I don't know.

No way Lassr would have done what he did as Librarian or Chaplin (I suppose anything is possible, but it seems like a bad move to me).
Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

UNOFFICIAL RESULTS!!!!

The Dead:
Semaj (untainted)
Mipe (normal, untainted)
Lassr (unknown)
theohall (normal, untainted)
Stessier (unknown, untainted)

Majority is 4 votes. If no majority is met, voting ends at Wednesday 1/14 @ 5pm est.

Votes:
Mr. Bubbles(4) - Austin, Unagi, Scoop20906, Purge
Purge(1) - Chaosraven
Austin(1) - Mr. Bubbles

No Vote: Remus West

Lassr

Post by Lassr »

:binky: :pop: :binky:
The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.

Black Lives Matter
Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

With Mr Bubbles death, that leaves 6 soldiers.

Austin
Unagi
Scoop20906
Purge
Remus West
Chaosraven

So, if this is a miss (and lassr was good), then its game over. I guess we will know soon.

Remus West

Post by Remus West »

Oh what the heck, Purge beat me on the pile but  Mr Bubbles 

although, in fairness, I doubt his innocence will do much to redeem me. :twisted:
“As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.” - H.L. Mencken
purge

Post by purge »

Remus West wrote:Oh what the heck, Purge beat me on the pile but  Mr Bubbles 

although, in fairness, I doubt his innocence will do much to redeem me. :twisted:
:shock: :oops: :cry:

Norse by NorseWest is up next, right?
purge

Post by purge »

And my candidate was Remus, btw... "trust the provens, he says" ... is there an emote for kicking myself? :hawk:
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

Wow, so does that mean we had Chaos, Austin, and Remus?
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

You get to wait to find out who my brethern are. Perhaps Bubbles is one of them and I am the berserker wanting to get lynched before Chaosraven or perhaps Chaosraven is the berserker and needs to be lynched before me or perhaps Chaosraven will be your last miss. Of course, you could already be dead and just not know it. :twisted:
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

purge wrote:And my candidate was Remus, btw... "trust the provens, he says" ... is there an emote for kicking myself? :hawk:
Yeah, I kept going back and forth strong for Remus in both directions. Only today was I done giving him the Good Guy nod...

Sucks - we should have hit him first... But you earned it Remus, good game.

However, I can say I would have most certainly still eventually voted Mr.Bubbles over Austin in the end , so - not sure it would have mattered.
purge

Post by purge »

I am not so good at finding the guilty, it would seem. I don't feel too bad about Bubbles though; you folks already cast him down. Remus was right there to follow up, regardless of my vote.

So is this endgame?
Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

UGH! Clean sweep. :evil:

Lassr

Post by Lassr »

:binky: :pop: :binky:
The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.

Black Lives Matter
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

Unagi wrote:
purge wrote:And my candidate was Remus, btw... "trust the provens, he says" ... is there an emote for kicking myself? :hawk:
Yeah, I kept going back and forth strong for Remus in both directions. Only today was I done giving him the Good Guy nod...

Sucks - we should have hit him first... But you earned it Remus, good game.

However, I can say I would have most certainly still eventually voted Mr.Bubbles over Austin in the end , so - not sure it would have mattered.
I'm not saying the game is over, I am just admitting to being a bit more inclined to mayhem than the typical player here. There are many reasons why I could have figured I should come forward right now. Formost amoung them being that we know who the Librarian is and thus get to be rid of him before he tells you what order to lynch us in. Or we are done here and wish to start a victory celebration. tru1cy will let you know one way or the other. :ninja:
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

Who knows, there is room - as Remus said - for Remus to just be setting the stage for tomorrow.

We'll have to wait for Tru1cy to call it or not.

As far as following 'the trusted', while their actions can not be called into doubt as far as intent, the 'trusted' are actually in the worst position among the players...

You needed to find 1 good guy in the group of:
Austin
Chaos
Remus
Mr Bubbles.

The Trusted needed to find 2 good guys in the group of:
Austin
Chaos
Remus
Mr Bubbles
Purge
Scoop20906