Scooby's Werewolf Village - Game Over

This is the place for self-contained forum games

Moderator: Zaxxon

redrun

Re: Scooby's Werewolf Village - Friday Day

Post by redrun »

Mr Bubbles wrote:Wait aren't we being a bit rash.. I mean I honestly thought Austin was safe. I'm just as shocked as the rest of you that Austin is dead.
How...................... untruthful.

Did you see the sunrise this morning?

Mr. Bubbles 

Sufficient I am to the day.
Remus West

Re: Scooby's Werewolf Village - Friday Night

Post by Remus West »

Votes:

1. Mr Bubbles
2. Newcastle - Mr Bubbles
3. Chaosraven
4. Unagi - Mr Bubbles
5. redrun - Mr Bubbles
6. Kraegor
7. Semaj - Mr Bubbles
8. tru1cy

Majority is 5.

Totals:
Mr Bubbles - 4
“As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.” - H.L. Mencken
Mr Bubbles

Post by Mr Bubbles »

Kraegor 

That dirty little whore needs to die.
:ninja:
“The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.”
Bertrand Russell
Kraegor

Post by Kraegor »

Mr Bubbles 

Kraegor

Post by Kraegor »

Mr Bubbles wrote: Kraegor 

the difference between your vote and mine. Is mine actually does something. Reminds me of a recurring issue the past few nights.
Austin

Post by Austin »

:pop:
Mr Bubbles

Post by Mr Bubbles »

Kraegor wrote:
Mr Bubbles wrote: Kraegor 

the difference between your vote and mine. Is mine actually does something. Reminds me of a recurring issue the past few nights.
You'll rue the day you decided to kill Mr Bubbles and I would have gotten away with it too if it weren't for you and your damn dog.
“The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.”
Bertrand Russell
Chaosraven

Post by Chaosraven »

You had a good run, Mr B.

Is it time?
"Where are you off to?"
"I don't know," Snufkin replied.
The door shut again and Snufkin entered his forest, with a hundred miles of silence ahead of him.

Sweet sweet meat come. -LordMortis
stessier

Post by stessier »

:binky: :pop: :binky:
I require a reminder as to why raining arcane destruction is not an appropriate response to all of life's indignities. - Vaarsuvius
Global Steam Wishmaslist Tracking
Running____2014: 1300.55 miles____2015: 2036.13 miles____2016: 1012.75 miles____2017: 1105.82 miles____2018: 1318.91 miles__2019: 2000.00 miles
Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

Scoop. Makeup and hair are fabulous. - Qantaga

Xbox Gamertag: Scoop20906
Steam: Scoop20906
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

Votes:

1. Mr Bubbles - Kraegor
3. Chaosraven
4. Unagi - Mr Bubbles
5. redrun - Mr Bubbles
6. Kraegor - Mr Bubbles
7. Semaj - Mr Bubbles
8. tru1cy

Majority is 5.

Totals:
Mr Bubbles - 5
Kraegor - 1

Voting is closed.
Last edited by Remus West on Thu Dec 04, 2008 4:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.” - H.L. Mencken
Mr Bubbles

Post by Mr Bubbles »

Remus West wrote:Votes:

1. Mr Bubbles
3. Chaosraven
4. Unagi - Mr Bubbles
5. redrun - Mr Bubbles
6. Kraegor - Mr Bubbles
7. Semaj - Mr Bubbles
8. tru1cy

Majority is 5.

Totals:
Mr Bubbles - 5

Voting is closed.
Dude.. not cool.. I voted for Kreagor.. I demand that my vote count.
Bertrand Russell
Kraegor

Post by Kraegor »

Mr Bubbles wrote: Dude.. not cool.. I voted for Kreagor.. I demand that my vote count.
Don't feel so bad... it happens to everyone...
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

Mr. Bubbles listened to the chants of his name. He wandered over to Kraegor and pointed one long slender. "That one. That one is the one who should die." he intoned. He was ignored. "Hey" he shouted at the heavens, "you can not deny me my voice. I will be heard."

He slunk over to Chaosraven. "Can you believe that? Ignoring me like that. Unacceptable. You know what else, we were not sure what to believe about you. You kept going on about wolf's bane. Guess what though....flowers only bloom at night. Wolf bane, witch, scrub, who cares."

The village stood rooted in shock as Bubbles slowly transformed into a wolf. He bared his fangs in a manner reminicent of the smiles he had given them the past few days. Slowly he advanced towards Chaosraven. "Someone hit him with the bar. Where is the damned bar." shouted Chaosraven.

"There it is." screamed Semaj, pointing at the base of the well. At the other side of Bubbles-wolf. As Bubbles leapt upon Chaosraven the villagers rushed by and hefted the metal bar. So intent was Bubbles on tearing Chaosraven to shreds that he never noticed them running up behind him until the bar cracked into his skull.

"Ow." said Bubbles-wolf.

Then Newcastle hit him again and he was silent. The group took turns hitting poor Bubbles corpse with the bar until they realized the sun was going down. Silently they dropped the bar and ran for the semi-safety of their own homes.

It is night.

Players:
1. Newcastle
2. Unagi
3. redrun
4. Kraegor
5. Semaj
6. tru1cy

You know the drill.
Mr Bubbles

Post by Mr Bubbles »

Bertrand Russell
Chaosraven

Post by Chaosraven »

"Where are you off to?"
"I don't know," Snufkin replied.
The door shut again and Snufkin entered his forest, with a hundred miles of silence ahead of him.

Sweet sweet meat come. -LordMortis
Semaj

Post by Semaj »

Fuck...

if there is a third berserker, I'm punching Remus in the cajones.
Some claim to be things they aren't.
Some claim things they don't deserve.
Some claim to know more than they ever will.
I don't claim anything, because no one would believe the truth anyways.
Remus West

Re: Scooby's Werewolf Village - Saturday Day

Post by Remus West »

As day raises it's wary head above the horizon the villagers of Scooby's gather to assess the damage of this latest night. As they gather around the well, under the frowning man statue, many pause to notice the frowning man seems to have his mouth slightly open today. Slowly the gather and count their numbers, there had been 6 the evening before. There are only 4 now. Kraegor and tru1cy seem to be missing. 4 left. 2 possible wolves. The villagers look at each other in shock. Newcastle and Unagi look at each other and notice tears in each others eyes. They turn and look at Semaj and redrun to find them grinning. Slowly the transformation takes them. They are not hurried. Unagi stands rooted as Semaj and redrun take their wolf forms. Newcastle screams and runs. Neither last long. Unagi's throat is torn out in passing and Newcastle is herded by the wolves like a stray cow back into the square. As Newcastle cowers against the well he looks up to see that the statue does indeed have it's mouth open. The gaping hole shows the elongated canine teeth and the frown is now recognizable as a growl. It is the last thing he sees before redrun and Semaj remove his throat.

Players:
1. Newcastle
2. Unagi
3. redrun
4. Semaj
The Meal

Well played, sir!

Post by The Meal »

Semaj 

"Better to talk to people than communicate via tweet." — Elontra
Remus West

Re: Scooby's Werewolf Village - Game Over

Post by Remus West »

Players:
1. Scoop20906
2. Mr Bubbles - Beserker Wolf
3. Purge
4. theohall - Beserker Wolf
5. Newcastle
6. Mipe - Herbalist
7. Chaosraven - Wolf's Bane Holder
8. Unagi
9. redrun - Vanilla Wolf
10. Lassr - Medium
11. stessier - Seer
12. Chris Grenard
13. Grundbegriff - Eavesdropper
14. Kraegor - Whore
15. Bakhtosh
16. Austin
17. Semaj - Apprentice Wolf
18. tru1cy
stessier

Post by stessier »

Nice job Semaj. I never saw you coming. :)

Know that I had the other three of you (granted for reasons that were no where near the truth in the case of Mr. Bubbles).

Fun game Remus! Thanks!!
I require a reminder as to why raining arcane destruction is not an appropriate response to all of life's indignities. - Vaarsuvius
Running____2014: 1300.55 miles____2015: 2036.13 miles____2016: 1012.75 miles____2017: 1105.82 miles____2018: 1318.91 miles__2019: 2000.00 miles
stessier

Post by stessier »

You know, my record as Seer is dismal.

I've been Seer 3 times:
  • Get Smart - I find malchior and Bakhtosh, die and lose as no one lynches Grund :doh:
  • Simple Game - I find Kraegor and win - YAY!
  • Scooby - I find theohall and Bubbles and then the village ignors redrun (who was on most radar's before I died) and lose :doh:
33% win - That stinks!

Apparently I am a Wolf's dream as Seer. :(
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

Kraegor

Post by Kraegor »

excellent. glad I could help close things out. :coffee:
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

Seemed nicely balanced that the game started with the Whore and Seer choosing the same target and ended with the Whore and Wolves choosing the same target. :lol:
Kraegor

Post by Kraegor »

meh, allowed too much of the pointless babble from the huddled masses to cloud my judgment.
Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

The wolves owned that game. Well done. Just another reason to kill Semaj first.
Scoop. Makeup and hair are fabulous. - Qantaga

Xbox Gamertag: Scoop20906
Steam: Scoop20906
Semaj

Post by Semaj »

Scoop20906 wrote:The wolves owned that game. Well done. Just another reason to kill Semaj first.
yeah, definitely taking a break for a while after this game :)
stessier

Post by stessier »

By the way Chaos, nice code. Did you see the "A" I left to indicate who I scanned my last night? It was harder to see, so I was kind of expecting you to miss it.
redrun

Post by redrun »

-- Thanks Remus, thanks folks. Interesting game - for the first couple of days it felt like the wolves could do no wrong, then the seer scared the daylights out of us. Chaos, with his evening long summary of the game so far also pointed out wolf stuff that put the wolves on edge.

-- It's been fun, may be back sometime. Aloha.
Sufficient I am to the day.
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

What I thought was funny is that stessier sent me a PM explaining why he thought redrun was a wolf based on what he had posted compared to what theohall had posted during the first day (when stessier knew theo was a wolf). Then Monday night he debated between redrun and Bubbles for the scan. I figured when he chose to scan Bubbles that he would make his logic regarding redrun public but he never did. I did not save the PM but I remember thinking if he had posted it after theo went down that redrun was hosed. Seemed like everyone backed off of thinking redrun was evil because he did not read the wolf rules. What made that funny was he had carefully read the wolf rules - for the roles that were in play and ignored the wolf powers that he knew did not exist. He had also carefully read all the human powers to see what they might be up against. :lol:
Semaj

Post by Semaj »

how many of you went to the spoilers forum and lost it when you saw who the wolves were? :)
theohall

Post by theohall »

Thanks Remus. Thanks folks for the game. That was fun.

Talk about luck---

Wolves killing a special (Lassr) right off the bat. The Seer getting wolf scans with his first two. The wolves hitting another special (Grund) with their second kill. Fun game!
stessier

Post by stessier »

Remus, your wish is my command (but only because I come off looking good). :)
stessier wrote:So, what have we learned today (written out mostly for my benefit as it helps me think when I am forced to organize my thoughts this way...feel free to skip to the accused name at the end):

Lassr - Tastes like chicken
ChrisGrenard - Needs to wear hardhat on construction site

Theohall - Wolf - I'm going with Bad Wolf here. If I got the Weredog, so be it. He has had enough "bad" vibes that Unagi, Newcastle, and Semaj(!) picked up on them. Either he's a horrible good guy, or a really New Wolf. I'm going, New Wolf. (It he is the Weredog, I am royally screwed).

Unagi - If he's not a Sorcerer/Witch, I'll eat my action figure. I'm betting Sorcerer.

Mr Bubbles - Unagi winked at him as a wolf. I think he scanned him and knows he is a wolf. Bubbles posts seem off...concerned about silents as time goes on, but that really only hurts wolves as they never go silent (on purpose) once the game has begun.

Austin - Chris thought he was evil. Others have mentioned he is off. Not the normal level or participation. But had the "tru1cy can't be Seer because I am human this time" quote, which is an odd statement to make. Just don't know.

Bakhtosh - Voted for me, so isn't a Seer. :P Conflicted - just don't know. Trying to remember his play from the Get Smart game where he was converted (not that he could be converted here, just Evil). Just don't know. There have to be 4 LIGHTS! er, WOLVES!!

redrun - Asked Seer to scan Chaos - who really looks human. Good way to waste a scan. The whole Ezmate thing. Keeps reinforcing how new he is and how he's just trying to get a read on people so ignore his oddness. But maybe it is all the truth. He just seemed Good last game and this game seems "off" comparatively.

Semaj - Just not getting the bad vibe. I can't believe he can change that radically. I nailed him last time he was evil. But he's more suspicious than my "purple" group.

Scoop - Seems good - tossed a coin in the air and it landed on Kraegor. Masons? Lovers? Purge picked up coin. Masons? Lovers?

Purge - Don't really know, but Scoop tossed the coin at him. For now, leaning good.

Kraegor - Grund is right, he's a Special. Don't know if I agree he isn't evil, but he sure was defending the Whore. Granted, everyone was making factually incorrect statements, but I would have expected the real Whore to back him up and the only one doing the was Chaos. If Chaos is the Whore, the the wolves are really laughing at his Special06 claim right now and everyone's supposition based on it. Then again, he made a doggie style joke...maybe he is the Weredog! That would make me very happy!

Newcastle - Called out Theohall for making "wolfy" posts. No reason to do so...was already lost in the mists of time. They are not on the same team, so Newcastle is a Good Guy.

Grundbegriff - Seemed honestly distressed to learn there could be multiple roles. Good Guy for now.

tru1cy - Normal play pattern. Not paying too much attention. Theohall called him out. Good for now.

Chaosraven - Wolfsbane - really hoping so anyway (theohall said might be wolves claiming to be specials - gives me pause)

mipe - Herbalist - really hoping so anyway (theohall said might be wolves claiming to be specials - gives me pause)

stessier - Seer - nerfed though I may be

So, after all that, I think it comes down to

Theohall

Mr Bubbes
Austin
Bakhtosh
redrun
Semaj

There's got to be at least one more wolf in there. Quick look at the Voting Wagons:

Code: Select all

Grundbegriff acc mipe(1)
      theohall acc mipe(2)
         Unagi acc mipe(3)
            Chaosraven acc mipe(4)
               Mr Bubbles acc mipe(5)
                  Austin acc mipe(6)
               Unagi wd mipe(5)
            theohall wd mipe(4)
         Austin wd mipe(3)
      Mr Bubbles wd mipe(2)
   Chaosraven wd mipe(1)

Scoop20906 acc Kraegor(1)
      Bakhtosh acc Kraegor(2)
         Unagi acc Kraegor(3)
            Semaj acc Kraegor(4)
         Semaj wd Kraegor(3)
      Unagi wd Kraegor(2)
         Unagi acc Kraegor(3)
      Unagi wd Kraegor(2)
         purge acc Kraegor(3)
      Scoop20906 wd Kraegor(2)
   purge wd Kraegor(1)

Unagi acc ChrisGrenard(1)
      theohall acc ChrisGrenard(2)
   theohall wd ChrisGrenard(1)
Unagi wd ChrisGrenard(1)
   mipe acc ChrisGrenard(1)
      stessier acc ChrisGrenard(2)
         theohall acc ChrisGrenard(3)
           Semaj acc ChrisGrenard(4)
              Kraegor acc ChrisGrenard(5)
                 Unagi acc ChrisGrenard(6)
                    Scoop20906 acc ChrisGrenard(7)
                       Austin acc ChrisGrenard(8)
                    Unagi wd ChrisGrenard(7)
                       Mr Bubbles acc ChrisGrenard(8)
                    Semaj wd Chris Grenard(7)
                       tru1cy acc ChrisGrenard(8) 
                          purge acc ChrisGrenard(9)
From those lists, I can see Austin and Mr Bubbles as very wolfy on the Mipe vote.

Bakhtosh is kind of wolfy on the Kraegor vote.

Bubbles and Austin are wolfy again on Chris. Maybe Semaj as well on Chris.

redrun is notable only from his lack of involvement on any of the trains.

So, Mr Bubbles, Austin, redrun...which to choose

Theohall and Bubbles?
Theohall and Austin?
Theohall and redrun?? This one is pinging my radar the hardest. They both just seem so wrong!

But I'm going  Bubbles 

Hopefully I don't hate myself in the morning.
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

BTW, can someone explain to me why they thought a wolf would claim Weredog and then back off the claim when he had been accepted as such? I couldn't figure out why you guys would even consider lynching Bahktosh. I'm wondering what I missed there.
stessier

Post by stessier »

Semaj wrote:how many of you went to the spoilers forum and lost it when you saw who the wolves were? :)
I admit it - I slammed my hand on the table when I saw you were the fourth.

Really nice game.
Austin

Post by Austin »

Semaj would have been my choice after Bakhtosh. To Remus' point about Bakhtosh being accepted as weredog; I don't know about anyone else but I didn't accept it. The way he came out made him look extremely guilty and anything he said after that was tainted. When you try to fool the wolves, you also can fool the village. Redrun, Newcastle and Tru1cy were all pretty much impossible to read as they weren't around. /shrug, our fault for not kill silents, but had we killed silents we would have lost more villagers - what can ya do?

Thanks for the game Remus. Interesting concept but I think I prefer knowing what's out there. Although I don't think this one was stacked either way, the one advantage the wolves have is communication. I mean more so than normal as they know which wolves are out there while we had no idea which specials were there so once a special was dead, anyone could have faked any unproveable role and nobody can counter claim. Had they had 2 zerks and a converter, or 3 converters it would have been stupid stacked for them, but I think it balanced fairly well.
Semaj

Post by Semaj »

stessier wrote:
Semaj wrote:how many of you went to the spoilers forum and lost it when you saw who the wolves were? :)
I admit it - I slammed my hand on the table when I saw you were the fourth.

Really nice game.
I figured we had to win today though.

I kept waiting for someone to go: Why the hell is Semaj still alive?

but if we had to kill Redrun, I wasn't sure I could survive a you or me scenario with anyone out there...
Semaj

Post by Semaj »

Austin wrote:Semaj would have been my choice after Bakhtosh. To Remus' point about Bakhtosh being accepted as weredog; I don't know about anyone else but I didn't accept it. The way he came out made him look extremely guilty and anything he said after that was tainted. When you try to fool the wolves, you also can fool the village. Redrun, Newcastle and Tru1cy were all pretty much impossible to read as they weren't around. /shrug, our fault for not kill silents, but had we killed silents we would have lost more villagers - what can ya do?
Actually I felt the same way.

I _knew_ he wasn't a wolf and when he did that I assumed he was afraid he had been scanned and wanted to make sure he didn't die. When he claimed to be a normal villager I knew he was toast. It looked like he was a wolf hedging his bets and once the seer was gone he was claiming to have done it to be a target, but when he was widely ignored by the wolves, he kept looking guiltier and guiltier.
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

So, why was I killed the first night? Was it my joking with semaj about the scooby snacks or my imitation of Scooby in another post?

Just curious, as those 2 posts were not meant to be any kind of hint. Just trying to talk so it wouldn't look I was trying to hide my specialness by being quiet.
The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.

Black Lives Matter