Scooby's Werewolf Village - Game Over

This is the place for self-contained forum games

Moderator: Zaxxon

Chaosraven

Re: Scooby's Werewolf Village - Thursday Day

Post by Chaosraven »

I have to leave for work, but I'll gather the Voting Lists tonight unless someone else has then handy before I get back
"Where are you off to?"
"I don't know," Snufkin replied.
The door shut again and Snufkin entered his forest, with a hundred miles of silence ahead of him.

Sweet sweet meat come. -LordMortis
Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

:pop:
Scoop. Makeup and hair are fabulous. - Qantaga

Xbox Gamertag: Scoop20906
Steam: Scoop20906
Mr Bubbles

Post by Mr Bubbles »

Chaosraven wrote: I'm not afraid to die in your teeth, Bubbles.
It will give 3 vital pieces of information to the Village.
Indeed Mr Chaos. But if you can't find the enemy knowing what powers they have is irrelevant. Even if there could be two unpowered wolves.. they still eat at night. You have to identify the two remaining wolves and that is your struggle.
“The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.”
Bertrand Russell
Chaosraven

Post by Chaosraven »

Mr Bubbles wrote:
Chaosraven wrote: I'm not afraid to die in your teeth, Bubbles.
It will give 3 vital pieces of information to the Village.
Indeed Mr Chaos. But if you can't find the enemy knowing what powers they have is irrelevant. Even if there could be two unpowered wolves.. they still eat at night. You have to identify the two remaining wolves and that is your struggle.
Austin
Unagi
Chaosraven
Kraegor

---------

Bubbles saved for later

--------

Semaj
redrun
Newcastle
tru1cy
Bakhtosh

I think I have some belief in Semaj due to earlier posts.

redrun
Newcastle
tru1cy
Bakhtosh

I believe tru1cy has established this playstyle, went thru a period of giving himself away by being more involved when Powered, then got his Tells under control. So he's cool and collected to my POV.
Newcastle is simply MIA.
I don't understand why redrun is so quiet.

Based on that list,
I think I suspect -
Bakhtosh
redrun
tru1cy
---------------
Newcastle
----------------
then the followup of those I put a little trust in
Semaj
Austin
Unagi
"Where are you off to?"
The door shut again and Snufkin entered his forest, with a hundred miles of silence ahead of him.

Bakhtosh
Forum Moderator

Post by Bakhtosh »

Unagi wrote:On to the Bakhtosh thing....

The only real thing we have to go on is 'number of specials'.

The Bakhtosh thing is interesting because it's a manuever that seems to be done just before the 'counting' of specials is to begin.

There are times where I think that it's innocent, and then I keep going back to the why would he do it in the first place, and then why 'out' today of all days. His claiming that he was a weredog (and also bragging that it made him nearly 'untouchable') would have, if nothing else - the direct effect of pushing the wolves to search elsewhere - that would be the Opposite desire of a Villager. Hinting at being a second seer, hinting at being a shooter, etc - those would all be nice little favors the Villager/Bakhtosh could do - but pretending he was a bad choice to kill at night, when in truth (if he was a Villager) he would think of himself as the best choice to kill at night - That is what has me voting for him.
I don't see a single accurate thing in that post.
1: By claiming dog and "taunting" the wolves that I'm invulnerable, I was encouraging them to use up one of their preparations to kill me, granting immunity to the real weredog, should he exist.
2: By claiming special, the sorcerer would also be likely to scan me to confirm/deny my role. This would offer a bit more protection to the good guys.
3: After said scan, someone might slip that they know I'm not a special. Only the wolves (and possibly the math guy) would know for sure.
4: You and Austin just made huge jumps on my list.
5: I've repeatedly said that if no other specials out themselves, we MUST trust Kraegor and Chaos because there's no room for deceit in the numbers.
“I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery.” -Thomas Jefferson
Finding Red Riding Hood well-armed, the wolf calls for more gun control.
Bakhtosh
Forum Moderator

Post by Bakhtosh »

And now that tru1cy has chimed in, the numbers, in fact, are not there for Chaos and Kraegor to both be faking.

It is not possible for Chaos to be good and Kraegor be evil. It is possible that Chaos is evil and Kraegor is good. Kraegor is now firmly trusted in my list. He claims he was with Chaos night 2. The wolves knew the identity of the whore after his visit to Theohall. They chose to off Grund that night instead of Kraegor. There are many explanations for that choice, but it could have been because they couldn't kill him since Chaos is a wolf.

Again, I'm not saying that's likely, but it is possible.

Also, I faked weredog, in the hopes that the wolves would use up their preparations to kill me. I revealed when I did because we need an accurate count of our good specials. We could not get that count if I was faking.
Kraegor

Post by Kraegor »

and by claiming wolfdog and coming up with no one disputing you.... you created a cover and determined if a wolfdog exists.

item 2 on your list does not exonerate you. it shows a means of signaling the sorceror.
Bakhtosh
Forum Moderator

Post by Bakhtosh »

Kraegor wrote:and by claiming wolfdog and coming up with no one disputing you.... you created a cover and determined if a wolfdog exists.

item 2 on your list does not exonerate you. it shows a means of signaling the sorceror.
I wanted to signal the sorcerer. I wanted him to hope I was a wolf...because I'm human and he'd waste his time. It may not exonerate me in anyone else's eyes, but it's what I was wanting since it would cause the bad guys to waste time scanning me.
Bakhtosh
Forum Moderator

Post by Bakhtosh »

With the possibility of multiple roles, claiming a good role would not necessarily out someone who actually has that role.

I went into this hoping to be killed at night, expecting to be lynched at some point, and hoping we could use it to out a bad guy or two. If you want to lynch me today, go ahead. But it will be a miss. You will have no one to blame but yourselves, and you'll be right on the border of giving the bad guys a voting majority.

If we assume Chaos is telling the truth:
Chaosraven
Kraegor
Bakhtosh
Bubbles

There are exactly 2 wolves and a 0-2 evil humans in this list:
Austin
Unagi
Semaj
redrun
Newcastle
tru1cy
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

Bakhtosh wrote:1: By claiming dog and "taunting" the wolves that I'm invulnerable, I was encouraging them to use up one of their preparations to kill me,
And yet, way back when you were still riding the claim, you said:
Bakhtosh wrote:
stessier wrote:
Bakhtosh wrote:...Stess, Myself and Chaos are on the chopping block since two of us have claimed night time immunity and splodie is the only way to take us out.
Ummm...you ain't immune to night attack. :?
With 2 of them identified, if they've used up their preparations, are they REALLY going to kill me and let one of their own die in the process? That's as close to immune as I'm gonna get.
Bakhtosh wrote:granting immunity to the real weredog, should he exist.
The real weredog... the one that didn't exist according to our "Are you a weredog?" poll. :?

Bakhtosh wrote:2: By claiming special, the sorcerer would also be likely to scan me to confirm/deny my role. This would offer a bit more protection to the good guys.
So you did this all to throw off the trail of some hypothetical sorcerer (who may not even exist, and/or may not be in contact with them), nevermind the idea that a villager shouldn't be trying to force the wolves to look elsewhere. Which is it, did you think they could or couldn't kill a weredog. Did you think they did or didn't use up their 'Prepared' attacks?
Bakhtosh wrote:3: After said scan, someone might slip that they know I'm not a special. Only the wolves (and possibly the math guy) would know for sure.
I do believe this, I am sure part of the reason you ended up saying you weren't the weredog - was a fear of the mathematician.
Bakhtosh wrote:4: You and Austin just made huge jumps on my list.
and yet your vote is on Mr Bubbles.

Bakhtosh wrote:5: I've repeatedly said that if no other specials out themselves, we MUST trust Kraegor and Chaos because there's no room for deceit in the numbers.
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

I believe this is where we are at right now:

Votes:

1. Mr Bubbles - Mr Bubbles
2. Newcastle -
3. Chaosraven -
4. Unagi - Bakhtosh
5. redrun -
6. Kraegor - Mr Bubbles
7. Bakhtosh - Mr Bubbles
8. Austin - Bakhtosh
9. Semaj -
10. tru1cy - Mr Bubbles

Majority is 6.

Mr Bubbles - 4
Bakhtosh - 2
Bakhtosh
Forum Moderator

Post by Bakhtosh »

Unagi wrote:
Bakhtosh wrote:1: By claiming dog and "taunting" the wolves that I'm invulnerable, I was encouraging them to use up one of their preparations to kill me,
And yet, way back when you were still riding the claim, you said:
Bakhtosh wrote:
stessier wrote:
Bakhtosh wrote:...Stess, Myself and Chaos are on the chopping block since two of us have claimed night time immunity and splodie is the only way to take us out.
Ummm...you ain't immune to night attack. :?
With 2 of them identified, if they've used up their preparations, are they REALLY going to kill me and let one of their own die in the process? That's as close to immune as I'm gonna get.
Bakhtosh wrote:granting immunity to the real weredog, should he exist.
The real weredog... the one that didn't exist according to our "Are you a weredog?" poll. :?
There were several people who had objected to the poll and refused to answer. 3 of them if I remember correctly.
Unagi wrote:
Bakhtosh wrote:2: By claiming special, the sorcerer would also be likely to scan me to confirm/deny my role. This would offer a bit more protection to the good guys.
So you did this all to throw off the trail of some hypothetical sorcerer (who may not even exist, and/or may not be in contact with them), nevermind the idea that a villager shouldn't be trying to force the wolves to look elsewhere. Which is it, did you think they could or couldn't kill a weredog. Did you think they did or didn't use up their 'Prepared' attacks?
I was taunting them. I did not believe they had used up their preparations, so I was hoping they'd kill me with preparations - thereby wasting one. Are you really not understanding the concept of pretending to be a special? :roll:
Unagi wrote:
Bakhtosh wrote:3: After said scan, someone might slip that they know I'm not a special. Only the wolves (and possibly the math guy) would know for sure.
I do believe this, I am sure part of the reason you ended up saying you weren't the weredog - was a fear of the mathematician.
Yeah...if I was a wolf, then I would have known that Kraegor (and probably Chaos) are humans, leaving no room for a mathmetician...right?
Unagi wrote:
Bakhtosh wrote:4: You and Austin just made huge jumps on my list.

Bakhtosh wrote:5: I've repeatedly said that if no other specials out themselves, we MUST trust Kraegor and Chaos because there's no room for deceit in the numbers.

Mr Bubbles is a wolf!
Unless you've forgotten, we're supposed to kill the wolves in this game. AND, the last time I checked, Kragor's vote was still on Bubbles. I will move my vote if Kraegor asks us to not vote for Bubbles at this time AND we have another likely target. Although I will ask the question: "if you're so certain this new person is a wolf, why not lynch bubbles and contact the suspect tonight?" Because a miss now will put us in danger of losing the vote to the bad guys tomorrow.

Yes, lynching Bubbles may end with Kraegor's immunity ending, but it won't be a miss. AND if Kraegor dies, the person he visited that night can be trusted (assuming only one person claims contact). How do you trust that person? If no one else claims contact, there's no reason to NOT trust them right? If two people claim contact, one of them is a wolf. This does not mean that if Kraegor lives, his target is necessarily a wolf, since the wolves might let K live to cast suspicion on his target in hopes that we'll lynch an innocent.

[edited to fix tags]
Austin

Post by Austin »

This is where we are screwed. If the silents are wolves, they skate. If they are villagers they don't have active votes. Lame.
Semaj

Post by Semaj »

I think Bubbles is a better play in terms of avoiding a miss. No matter what kind of wolf he is, he is a wolf.

Now if kraegor is the whore, I went through how it might be tough for him to prove, but barring them trying to get a 2 for 1 (and risk exposing themselves further by lowering the hide pile) the risk to anyone but kraegor is low. His messaging anyone else but bubbles should prove him, or catch us another wolf.

Looks like we dont need to do that.

If we want kraegor to stick around we will vote for Bahk, who seems like a decent choice for the day or even better, someone like Newcastle. I don't mind losing to active wolves, but losing to a quiet ones would really irk me. Well thats a lie, I hate losing period, I am more of a sore loser than terrell owens and Randy Moss combined. :)

It lowers the possibility of wolves keeping him alive if he isn't a wolf. Since he doesn't vote, it would give them more of a hold on who dies and how. That pleases me more, cutting down the hide pile while possibly getting a wolf.

So I see our real viable options in terms of voting:
Bubbles, Newcastle, Bakhtosh and Redrun if he doesn't show up soon.

A vote for bubbles is a vote for a hit. But I think we can keep afford to keep bubbles alive 1 more day for Kraegor, we can afford 1 more miss before we direly need to vote him out. Although I don't like going down to one miss, makes this game a bit more nerve wracking.

Still, I'ma follow Kraegors/Unagi's vote if they can agree on someone. They are as close to goods as I can see in this game.

Kraegor, do you really want Bubbles killed today? Or do you want him around for yourself?
Some claim to be things they aren't.
Some claim things they don't deserve.
Some claim to know more than they ever will.
I don't claim anything, because no one would believe the truth anyways.
Semaj

Post by Semaj »

Austin wrote:This is where we are screwed. If the silents are wolves, they skate. If they are villagers they don't have active votes. Lame.
sure, post this as I am writing... Making me seem to just be copying what you said when I finally post.... [stewie]Vengance will be mine![/stewie]

heh... At least people are posting now that it's monday again, yay!
Bakhtosh
Forum Moderator

Post by Bakhtosh »

Semaj wrote:
Austin wrote:This is where we are screwed. If the silents are wolves, they skate. If they are villagers they don't have active votes. Lame.
sure, post this as I am writing... Making me seem to just be copying what you said when I finally post.... [stewie]Vengance will be mine![/stewie]

heh... At least people are posting now that it's monday again, yay!
You've at least posted since Thanksgiving. I didn't group you among Austin's 'silents'. I'm currently putting only Newcastle and redrun in that group. Tru1cy, as usual, is borderline.
Semaj

Post by Semaj »

Austin wrote:
Kraegor wrote:
Austin wrote:Fine, I'll withdraw until we hear from the annoy silents.

Withdraw Mr. Bubbles 

But if Kraegor is a wolf, then so is Chaos, and Unagi is the sorc. ;)
/shrug. what happened? you killed Scoop and all of a sudden you share his views?

------------------

How bout this bit o logic... you tell me to visit Semaj to clear myself with you, correct?

How is visiting semaj more efficient than visiting you to clear myself with you?

But hey I'm the one looking guilty not Mr. Lookin for a Twofer Austin, eh?
I never said to visit Semaj; he was just a random name out of unclaimeds.
Yeah, especially since naming someone can get them a 2 for 1.

If we kill Bubbles, kraegor needs to randomly pick a name of someone and talk to them. The more random (Random.org?) the better. Giving the wolves a detailed plan of what he is doing really helps the chance of them getting a two for one. If they do and if bubbles explodes, they win on _one_ miss. Or if unagi is right and we have sorcerers in the human pile. It would probably screw up our 2 misses.
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

majority, plurality, first to tie FTW!

Clearly - Bakhtosh wants us to simultaneously believe that he supports Kraegor as being the Whore - but wants to lynch his Safe-Bed.

What can anyone possibly say to defend THAT position?

Don't just spew this "But, Mr.Bubbles is a Known Wolf" at me - For Frak sake, that is EXACTLY the reason we are arguing he should NOT be lynched today.

And it is exactly - EXACTLY the reason why we wouldn't just swap out "someone we think may be a wolf" for the "guy we KNOW is a wolf". We KNOW that Mr Bubbles is a Safe-Bed for Any Whore. And we Feel that Kraegor is very very likely The Whore.

And that's another thing against Bakhtosh. Even without Newcastle or Redrun chiming in here - he has stated that the numbers totally prove Kraegor. (They don't yet, they just strongly don't hurt Kraegor at all - as there is a ton of room for Kraegor's claim, and Chaos' claim.)
Bakhtosh wrote:And now that tru1cy has chimed in, the numbers, in fact, are not there for Chaos and Kraegor to both be faking.
How did tru1cy claiming "not special" become the end all / tell all of the Numbers game exactly Bakhtosh?

redrun wrote:-- I'll have a whole lot more time later today, so I'll post some more catchup later.
That was 5 days ago. I hope he is OK in RL.

Same with Newcastle (7 days of silence).

I am not sure if we can really argue that redrun has Not Claimed Special.
Newcastle certainly is not claiming one thing or another - as he's been just totally AWOL.

But Bakhtosh is sure that, at the very least, Kraegor is indeed the Whore, from the numbers. He's sure that Kraegor is the Whore, but yet his vote is to remove the Safe-Bed. His strongest defence in the end is: "Well, that's where Kraegor has his vote".

Dude, Kraegor is unstable.
Un
Stable.

Where his vote is or isn't is not the point.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Semaj,
I think Bubbles is a better play in terms of avoiding a miss. No matter what kind of wolf he is, he is a wolf.
There is basically no debate there. No one is saying that Mr Bubbles isn't a wolf. Do you refuse to think beyond that point? I don't get why this is so hard for you people to get. Seriously, what the hell guys?

If you feel that there is a very strong chance that Kraegor is indeed the whore - than you should NOT be voting for Mr.Bubbles - you should be voting for SOME OTHER PLAYER. Anyone you feel might be a wolf. Anyone - it's OK if it's a miss, as tomorrow - you can STILL get Mr.Bubbles. Draw it out - do the math, step through your scenarios. Do what ever it is you do with these things... but do it. We have the misses to allow for this (and then some). We don't NEED to kill Mr Bubbles today, not even CLOSE - so do the math and give up this whole "but, but , but, He's a wolf " stuff.
tru1cy

Post by tru1cy »

Unless, I'm wrong we have two misses....why gamble on a possible when we have a sure thing. I just don't follow you logic, Unagi...might have something to do with the fact I think you might be the Sorcerer

That's just me
xbox live gamertag:Soulchilde
Semaj

Post by Semaj »

Semaj wrote: So I see our real viable options in terms of voting:
Bubbles, Newcastle, Bakhtosh and Redrun if he doesn't show up soon.

A vote for bubbles is a vote for a hit. But I think we can keep afford to keep bubbles alive 1 more day for Kraegor, we can afford 1 more miss before we direly need to vote him out. Although I don't like going down to one miss, makes this game a bit more nerve wracking.

Still, I'ma follow Kraegors/Unagi's vote if they can agree on someone. They are as close to goods as I can see in this game.

Kraegor, do you really want Bubbles killed today? Or do you want him around for yourself?
Unagi wrote: Semaj,
There is basically no debate there. No one is saying that Mr Bubbles isn't a wolf. Do you refuse to think beyond that point? I don't get why this is so hard for you people to get. Seriously, what the hell guys?
Who isnt reading now? :)

Unagi wrote:If you feel that there is a very strong chance that Kraegor is indeed the whore - than you should NOT be voting for Mr.Bubbles - you should be voting for SOME OTHER PLAYER. Anyone you feel might be a wolf. Anyone - it's OK if it's a miss, as tomorrow - you can STILL get Mr.Bubbles. Draw it out - do the math, step through your scenarios. Do what ever it is you do with these things... but do it. We have the misses to allow for this (and then some). We don't NEED to kill Mr Bubbles today, not even CLOSE - so do the math and give up this whole "but, but , but, He's a wolf " stuff.
I did... Why am I being yelled at?

*runs off crying*
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

Bakhtosh wrote:Yes, lynching Bubbles may end with Kraegor's immunity ending, but it won't be a miss. AND if Kraegor dies, the person he visited that night can be trusted (assuming only one person claims contact). How do you trust that person? If no one else claims contact, there's no reason to NOT trust them right? If two people claim contact, one of them is a wolf. This does not mean that if Kraegor lives, his target is necessarily a wolf, since the wolves might let K live to cast suspicion on his target in hopes that we'll lynch an innocent.
You are just rehashing my 6 scenarios that I wrote up a few pages ago:
Let's say we've got a whore, and she sleeps with a Bubba-Villager tonight.
1. Tomorrow Bubba steps up and says "yeah, whore spoke with me... bummer that she's dead now." Does Bubba gain any cred, I think yes, right? unless 2 people claim it...
2. Tomorrow Bubba steps up and says "yeah, whore spoke with me... and we're both still alive!" Does the village have any clue what to do with this result?, It looks just like #3 and #6.

or, the whore sleeps with a wolf.
3. Tomorrow Hidden-Wolf steps up and says "yeah, whore spoke with me... and we're both still alive!" Does the village have any clue what to do with this result? It looks just like #2 and #6.
4. Tomorrow Hidden-Wolf denies the Whores claim. (this looks just like #5. We test the 'whores' claim - and kill the Hidden-Wolf, Good Result. Now the whore is proven, but could be used create a double kill the following night.

Now, let's say, there is no whore... (that made me think of The Matrix)
5. Tomorrow the whore claims to have slept with Bubba. Bubba denies the whore's claim. This looks just like #4. We test the whore's claim - and kill Bubba, Bad Result. Now the whore is exposed as a wolf, perhaps a good deal.
6. Tomorrow the whore claims to have slept with Hidden-Wolf, who says "yeah, whore spoke with me... and we're both still alive!" Does the village have any clue what to do with this result? It looks just like #2 and #3.
So, provided Kraegor is a whore, and we seem to agree to that being something we can agree on.

What is it about #2, #3, and #4 that make scenario #1 such a nice thing to shoot for?
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

Semaj wrote:Who isnt reading now? :)
Bah.

totally guilty,
:oops:
Semaj

Post by Semaj »

i figured, it's my solemn duty to catch you when you pull a me.
Mr Bubbles

Post by Mr Bubbles »

For those of you who want to lynch me now.. I am totally ok with that. if I am indeed the zerker then my full potential will only be achieved with my lynching. I want you to lynch me. It is true i was happy to live one more cycle, but this time it is indeed in the best interest of my associates for me to die. I offer myself up to those who think it doesn't matter. For the wolves indeed it does. Please lynch me.

Vote Bubbles!
“The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.”
Bertrand Russell
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

Alright, well my records show that Austin and Unagi are on the Bakhtosh vote. (2)

Semaj and Chaos have said that they would join that vote if Kraegor got behind it. (4)

We would then just be waiting for Tru1cy to stop hiding behind his "Unagi is a sorcerer, I can't trust any logic he supports" (Seriously Tru1cy, it's not just my logic - you may see it being discussed as a viable solution by just about every single player that is posting.)

(and just a question for others, do you believe that I am the sorcerer here? and if not - what do you make of Tru1cy's constant haunt of that message in his posts? Cause it's starting to stand out to my eye.)

Or
for Redrun to come back and vote Bakhtosh.

Or
for Newcastle to come back and vote Bakhtosh.

Or... wait for it:
for Mr Bubbles to come and cast that final vote on Bakhtosh.

Look at the bright side of the Bakhtosh vote.
If it's a HIT - then we are doing really good.

If it's a MISS - no brainer that we need to get rid of Mr.Bubbles first thing in the morning. As they control 3 (even 4) votes.

Hmm, for a split second there I had a moment of doubt in my position here.
:( I hate when that happens.
bleh... if they have 4 votes - we may be already screwed as Austin has pointed out earlier...

If there are 2 living sorcerers (I still think Purge may have been a damn Sorcerer, personally) - then they most certainly aren't active - or they have no clue who the wolves are - as they would currently command a 5 person vote and would have likely jumped on the MrBubbles vote already.

There could be 1 living sorceree and 3 living wolves. That's 4 possibly coordinated votes (3 for sure), and tomorrow - majority would likely be 5.
But we have 2 AWOL - so making that majority will likely involve them.

Yeah, this game may be gloriously screwed if we have two people that are having RL problems.

Hey Bakhtosh, can you tell me why you said this:
I'm not the were dog. Big shock there, right? Just a villager.
Is there some reason you thought that no one was buying it?
Bakhtosh
Forum Moderator

Post by Bakhtosh »

Chaosraven wrote:Checked in today (not claiming special):
Unagi
redrun
Bakhtosh
Austin
Semaj

Checked in (claims special):
Chaosraven (Special06)
Kraegor - Whore

Has not checked in:
Newcastle
tru1cy

Wolves:
Mr Bubble = Wolf, per stessier

Dead:
ChrisGrenard = claimed Villager
Purge = claimed Villager

Mipe = Herbalist
stessier = Seer

theohall = dead berserker (1 of 3 evil powers, 1 of 4 wolves)

Scoop = (special?)
Lassr = dead by night
Grundbegriff = dead by night
Still spreading confusion Unagi?
When you move tru1cy from "has not checked in" to "does not claim special", that leaves 1 person (newcastle) who might claim special. Do you get it now, or will you persist in trying to get an unpowered villager lynched?
Bakhtosh
Forum Moderator

Post by Bakhtosh »

Unagi wrote: Hey Bakhtosh, can you tell me why you said this:
I'm not the were dog. Big shock there, right? Just a villager.
Is there some reason you thought that no one was buying it?
I had dropped a few hints as the night started that I was faking. I wanted to make sure if I died overnight while still claiming weredog that it wouldn't mess up the special count...as long as someone found the clues. I started asking about downsides of faking a role. There were at least 2 posts concerning this about the time we lynched Purge. Then there was this post where bubbles claimed to be faking it. I put two smileys to say, "me two". I was also faking.

Also, I just didn't feel like my claim was believed. Kraegor obviously didn't believe me. That's what set off my alarm bells about him.
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

Bakhtosh wrote:Still spreading confusion Unagi?

When you move tru1cy from "has not checked in" to "does not claim special", that leaves 1 person (newcastle) who might claim special. Do you get it now, or will you persist in trying to get an unpowered villager lynched?
Hardly.

I agree that Newcastle is left - I also say that Redrun is left, as his last post was not a claim or anti-claim of anything - not that I can read, did I miss something?

(I am saying that I disagree with that post from Chaos you quoted, as I don't know that we can say redrun 'claimed not special' - - again, if I simply missed it - show me)

You still said that the numbers say that Kraegor must clearly be the whore.
I'll give you (although I don't really agree) that redrun has chimed in and could have claimed a special role and didn't.

What if:
Special 01 = Lassr
Special 02 = Grund
Special 03 = mipe
Special 04 = stessier
Special 05 = Scoop
Special 06 = Newcastle

- The point being - Tru1cy's announcement didn't seal the deal as you painted it.

It didn't, but you claimed it did.

Frankly, I think you KNOW that Kraegor is telling the truth.

And don't make it sound like this whole thing is based on this ONE thing.

This all started back at the Weredog tryouts. You stepped up and claimed Weredog. You later claimed it was all just a joke and that you didn't mean it at all. You weren't trying to make the wolves hunt elsewhere - you were trying to waste a sorcerer scan and totally protect the real Weredog... c'mon.
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

We really should wait for Newcastle and Redrun.

I wish I knew if it was just another day or 2 before they come back.
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

Votes:

1. Mr Bubbles - Mr Bubbles
2. Newcastle -
3. Chaosraven -
4. Unagi - Bakhtosh
5. redrun -
6. Kraegor - Mr Bubbles
7. Bakhtosh - Mr Bubbles
8. Austin - Bakhtosh
9. Semaj -
10. tru1cy - Mr Bubbles

Majority is 6.

Mr Bubbles - 4
Bakhtosh - 2
“As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.” - H.L. Mencken
Austin

Post by Austin »

[prima donna]I'll be back when the others show back up. No point in hanging out here until we get people playing. [/prima donna] But really, I think we've hashed things out about as much as we can and I'm not changing my vote back to Bubbles.
Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

:pop:
Scoop. Makeup and hair are fabulous. - Qantaga

Xbox Gamertag: Scoop20906
Steam: Scoop20906
theohall

Post by theohall »

:binky: :pop: :coffee: :arrow: :hawk: :binky:
Chaosraven

Post by Chaosraven »

Pretty sure at least one of the other two wolves is in these three:

Newcastle
Bakhtosh
tru1cy

(based on my interpretation of pages 2-13)

=======================

The mipewagon -

# Grundbegriff acc mipe(1)
theohall acc mipe(2)
Unagi acc mipe(3)
# Chaosraven acc mipe(4)
# Mr Bubbles acc mipe(5)
# Austin acc mipe(6)
"Where are you off to?"

Chaosraven

Post by Chaosraven »

Newcastle wrote:Am willin to let truicy's silence go, simply it's his MO. but would like to see more.
Austin noted ChrisG was "sticking" at 7 votes

Against ChrisGrenard(9): mipe, stessier, theohall, Kraegor, Scoop20906, Austin, Mr Bubbles, tru1cy, purge

--------------------------------------

That one is missing Bakh and Newcastle (from my 3 Suspects)
"Where are you off to?"

Chaosraven

Post by Chaosraven »

Unagi wrote:nice job everyone.
:?

mipe, stessier, theohall, Kraegor, Scoop20906, Austin, Mr Bubbles, tru1cy, purge

Anyone have any advice for mipe? He may need some.

My thought is that he should protect Kraegor, not himself. (there is no risk, right?)

Whoa....

Why should Kraegor be protected?
"Where are you off to?"

Chaosraven

Post by Chaosraven »

Bakhtosh wrote:I'll admit that I've skimmed the last few pages. These 2 screen-long posts are just too much for day 1. Did Kraegor claim special? I must have missed that page.

Also, redrun, I don't know how you're typing your posts and pasting them into the forums, but the formatting is driving me nuts, making your posts almost unreadable.
End of pg 19
"Where are you off to?"

Chaosraven

Post by Chaosraven »

That completes Sunday Night, Monday Day and Monday Night.
Tuesday Day, Grund was killed during the evening.

Kraegor, did you ever answer whether you had mentioned to theohall who you would talk to next?
"Where are you off to?"

Unagi

Post by Unagi »

Chaosraven wrote:
Unagi wrote:nice job everyone.
:?

mipe, stessier, theohall, Kraegor, Scoop20906, Austin, Mr Bubbles, tru1cy, purge

Anyone have any advice for mipe? He may need some.

My thought is that he should protect Kraegor, not himself. (there is no risk, right?)

Whoa....

Why should Kraegor be protected?
Because, I felt at the time - there was a chance that I was indeed hounding a Special (please recall the entire first day), and it certainly seemed he was playing cocky enough for that to be a distinct possibility. I figured that while his play, to me, was roughly ambiguously "evil or special", that the wolves would have no question which of the two it would be... and as such - it wouldn't be bad to protect him.

Make sense?

Is there something nefarious about that? You do recall the nuances at play that first day right?
Bakhtosh
Forum Moderator

Post by Bakhtosh »

[quote="Unagi]
Special 01 = Lassr
Special 02 = Grund
Special 03 = mipe
Special 04 = stessier
Special 05 = Scoop
Special 06 = Newcastle
[/quote]

Now mipe went to the grave as a special? :roll:

You're stretching.