Astros/Cards

Post by noxiousdog »

What a game so far.

How about the 9th?

Lidge vs. Womack, Walker, Poo-Holes
Isringhausen vs. Beltran, Bagwell, Berkman
Dramatist

Post by Dramatist »

Sweet homerun by Jeff Kent. What a game!

Amazing pitching job by Backe.
Now Playing
Marvel Puzzle Quest
WolfSix

Post by WolfSix »

This is our year. Go Stros!!!
Have you forgotten? -- Darryl Worley
ImLawBoy
Forum Admin

Post by ImLawBoy »

Two exciting games in a row. I kept on the Yankees-Red Sox game, thinking I would catch the exciting ending and then watch most of the Cards-Astros, but now I kind of regret missing the pitching duel.

Could you Houston fans do something about those towels for me? I really hate props for fans.
noxiousdog

Post by noxiousdog »

ImLawBoy wrote:Two exciting games in a row. I kept on the Yankees-Red Sox game, thinking I would catch the exciting ending and then watch most of the Cards-Astros, but now I kind of regret missing the pitching duel.

Could you Houston fans do something about those towels for me? I really hate props for fans.
I'm right there with you. It's bad enough at a football game (not to mention it's somebody else's gimmick), but they have no place at a baseball stadium.
Kelric

Post by Kelric »

Would have been a fun game to watch but I was too wrapped up in the BoSox and Yankee game. The Sox are going to lose the Series but at least they pulled it back from the edge of being pathetic to now being somewhat interesting.

Most annoying fan prop ever? Thundersticks.
dedewhale

Post by dedewhale »

I am loving this so far but am sick of watching Phil Garners wife...and actually Phil Garner!
noxiousdog

Post by noxiousdog »

dedewhale wrote:I am loving this so far but am sick of watching Phil Garners wife...and actually Phil Garner!
At least you knew who it was. I had no idea until this morning.
Dramatist

Post by Dramatist »

So.... should Garner pitch Munro or Clemens Wednesday?

If I were him I go with Munro and use Clemens in game 7 fully rested if necessary, with Oswalt able to do relief in game 7.
Now Playing
Marvel Puzzle Quest
WolfSix

Post by WolfSix »

Clemens on three days rest is better then Munro fully rested in my opinion. We don't have any reliable middle relief and I just cringe anytime we have to go to the bullpen if it isn't Lidge. I say go for it and we always have Oswald to back us up in game 7 if needed.
Have you forgotten? -- Darryl Worley
dedewhale

Post by dedewhale »

with either choice I reserve the right now to second guess Garner's decision!!!
Tazman

Post by Tazman »

I would go with Munro (he did not look that bad). Either way the Astros would have to go to the bullpen early (Clemens barely made it through the 5th in the Atlanta series on 3 days), and I would rather have a rested Clemens for game 7 than a tired Oswalt (who did not look that impressive on Sunday) and hoping the bullpen is able to hold on after Oswalt comes out after 5.
Dramatist

Post by Dramatist »

Speaking of second guessing Garner. He decided to pitch Brandon Backe in game one of this series on short rest, so that he would be set up to pitch game 5 at home on full rest.

That move looks pretty good now.
Now Playing
Marvel Puzzle Quest
noxiousdog

Post by noxiousdog »

WolfSix wrote:Clemens on three days rest is better then Munro fully rested in my opinion. We don't have any reliable middle relief and I just cringe anytime we have to go to the bullpen if it isn't Lidge. I say go for it and we always have Oswald to back us up in game 7 if needed.
Not that I don't belive in Oswalt, but he hasn't pitched well since the first Atlanta outing, and that was kind of shaky. I'd be inclined to let Munro do game 6 and Clemens in game 7.
Black Lives Matter

"To wield Grond, the mighty hammer of the Federal Government, is to be intoxicated with power beyond what you and I can reckon (though I figure we can ball park it pretty good with computers and maths). Need to tunnel through a mountain? Grond. Kill a mighty ogre? Grond. Hangnail? Grond. Spider? Grond (actually, that's a legit use, moreso than the rest)." - Peacedog
Trent Steel

Post by Trent Steel »

Kelric wrote:Would have been a fun game to watch but I was too wrapped up in the BoSox and Yankee game. The Sox are going to lose the Series but at least they pulled it back from the edge of being pathetic to now being somewhat interesting.
I don't know man. I have an eerie feeling about this series. From being down three games to none and down by one in the bottom of the 9th in game 4 to starting game 6 with Schilling... it's like the curse *IS* reversed. It must be destiny for Clemens to pitch against the Sox in the WS. This could be *YOUR* year.

:shock:

All I know is I can't take it anymore!!!
18-1™ & 2-0
Kelric

Post by Kelric »

Over the last few postseasons (I forget how many and it doesn't include this season) starters who pitch on 3 days rest are 7-20. That doesn't leave a lot of hope for starting anyone on 3 days rest.

Trent, how's it feeling? This is what the Red Sox always go through when they get ahead of a team. How are we going to blow it this time? Is it going to be Miguel Cairo hitting a walkoff homer in the 13th off Wakefield? It always seems like it could be, and it almost always is. Light hitting infielders have a history of memorable homeruns against the Sox. In general though the suspense of waiting for yet another way to lose an important game is incredibly frustrating. Just knowing that it is going to happen doesn't lessen the blow when it actually does happen. At least last season there was some sense of accomplishment in taking the Yankees to within 5 outs of the World Series before Pedro blew it. This year it was really World Series Or Bust and they sure looked busted in the first three games. Not to mention all the stupid base running mistakes they invented last night to keep the game interesting.

Still, two more wins.... (doubt it)
Koz

Post by Koz »

John Flaherty. Mark my words.
Kelric

Post by Kelric »

Wouldn't surprise me. Especially with him being an ex-Red Sox player.
Trent Steel

Post by Trent Steel »

It can't be Cairo or Flaherty.

The only Yankee with a 'B' in the order is Bernie. But he's not inconspicuous enough like Bucky or Boone.

If this goes to game 7 - Yanks lose. Mark it down.
18-1™ & 2-0
Koz

Post by Koz »

You do have Bubba Crosby! And Bubba bleepin Crosby rolls off the tongue real nice too.

I had a feeling the Sox would win Game 4. I was somewhat confident last night after they tied it. But now they have to win twice in Yankee Stadium. The Red Sox suck in Yankee Stadium, especially this year. Plus it looks like rain is likely which only helps the Yankee bullpen.

Still, it wouldn't be a proper Red Sox postseason unless they lose in dramatic fashion in Game 7.
Trent Steel

Post by Trent Steel »

Koz wrote:You do have Bubba Crosby! And Bubba bleepin Crosby rolls off the tongue real nice too.
Oh yeah.... 8)
18-1™ & 2-0
noxiousdog

Post by noxiousdog »

Anyone east of the Mississippi can leave this thread. :P
Black Lives Matter

"To wield Grond, the mighty hammer of the Federal Government, is to be intoxicated with power beyond what you and I can reckon (though I figure we can ball park it pretty good with computers and maths). Need to tunnel through a mountain? Grond. Kill a mighty ogre? Grond. Hangnail? Grond. Spider? Grond (actually, that's a legit use, moreso than the rest)." - Peacedog
Dramatist

Post by Dramatist »

Just to help ND steer this thread back to the real championship series...

Great, Garner followed my advice and is gonna try to win with Munro tomorrow. Worse case scenario is a rested Clemens for game 7.

I really respect the Cardinals, they had a great season. I still hope the Astros beat them and go to their first World Series.

I think the Cards are really mission Carpenter.
Now Playing
Marvel Puzzle Quest