Another Teams Rule Set

This is the place for self-contained forum games

Moderator: Zaxxon

Austin

Another Teams Rule Set

Post by Austin »

So I'm thinking 3 teams of 5.

Teams will start out not knowing each other. Teams will each have a seer type and something special for each team. As members connect they would be able to start communicating with each other by linking. One would link to another by sending the moderator a PM saying they want to link to player X. (Grund says he'd like to link to Lassr)

If Grund = Yellow and Lassr = Yellow they link and can begin communicating with each other on a forum. If Lassr != Yellow, Grund dies... maybe - havent thought it all the way through yet. (But yeah, he'd probably die)

Linked players can put their votes together against another player or player set if linked. IE Grund and Lassr vote to kill an unlinked Baktosh = Bakhtosh dead. If Bakhtosh is linked with Stessier or more players, Yellows fail.

There would be some other powers/power unique to each team also. Oh yeahm this is a PM game where anyone can PM anyone. I know these posts are a bit ramblish but I think I will put some more time into this framework.
LordMortis

Re: Another Teams Rule Set

Post by LordMortis »

Austin wrote:So I'm thinking 3 teams of 5.

Teams will start out not knowing each other. Teams will each have a seer type and something special for each team. As members connect they would be able to start communicating with each other by linking. One would link to another by sending the moderator a PM saying they want to link to player X. (Grund says he'd like to link to Lassr)

If Grund = Yellow and Lassr = Yellow they link and can begin communicating with each other on a forum. If Lassr != Yellow, Grund dies... maybe - havent thought it all the way through yet. (But yeah, he'd probably die)

Linked players can put their votes together against another player or player set if linked. IE Grund and Lassr vote to kill an unlinked Baktosh = Bakhtosh dead. If Bakhtosh is linked with Stessier or more players, Yellows fail.

There would be some other powers/power unique to each team also. Oh yeahm this is a PM game where anyone can PM anyone. I know these posts are a bit ramblish but I think I will put some more time into this framework.

I thought about something like this for a Paranoia! ruleset. It quickly got too complicated and I set it down for future throught and then ignored it until it went away.
Austin

Post by Austin »

Yeah Simple is important. That said I think this can be made very simple with much of the strat coming from the PM's ability.
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

Austin wrote:Yeah Simple is important. That said I think this can be made very simple with much of the strat coming from the PM's ability.
Other teams rules variants that I've liked but have never been implemented are things like the chance that there are Lovers where they (perhaps only) win if they win if they are the last men standing. A romeo and juliette of sorts on opposite sides.

I think a random distribution of role possibilities make the game more interesting but does not seem to be a dynamic that is shared in the community.
Austin

Post by Austin »

LordMortis wrote:
Austin wrote:Yeah Simple is important. That said I think this can be made very simple with much of the strat coming from the PM's ability.
Other teams rules variants that I've liked but have never been implemented are things like the chance that there are Lovers where they (perhaps only) win if they win if they are the last men standing. A romeo and juliette of sorts on opposite sides.

I think a random distribution of role possibilities make the game more interesting but does not seem to be a dynamic that is shared in the community.
You mean like, there may or may not be a Seer/Priest/Zerker etc...? Might be 2 priests, 1 cabal ...
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

Austin wrote:You mean like, there may or may not be a Seer/Priest/Zerker etc...? Might be 2 priests, 1 cabal ...
More or less. You have prescribed number of rolls. Maybe twenty roles for fifteen players, in your case on three different teams. So five roles will not be accounted for in game, ever, as an example. It allows a good liar a better cover for pulling off a ruse. And this is a game about lieing and uncovering those lies.
Austin

Post by Austin »

LordMortis wrote:
Austin wrote:You mean like, there may or may not be a Seer/Priest/Zerker etc...? Might be 2 priests, 1 cabal ...
More or less. You have prescribed number of rolls. Maybe twenty roles for fifteen players, in your case on three different teams. So five roles will not be accounted for in game, ever, as an example. It allows a good liar a better cover for pulling off a ruse. And this is a game about lieing and uncovering those lies.
I'd play. Make one. :D
aiyipianni

very good!

Post by aiyipianni »

Spam removed
Last edited by Austin on Tue Jul 29, 2008 8:34 am, edited 2 times in total.
Austin

Post by Austin »

niaz0099 wrote:If Grund = Yellow and Lassr = Yellow they link and can begin communicating with each other on a forum. If Lassr != Yellow, Grund dies... maybe - havent thought it all the way through yet. (But yeah, he'd probably die)

Wow forgot about this idea. :lol: Now I wonder if I can figure out what I was talking about. :P