2024 Fundraising - $1001 / $2000 CDN for the year, June/July Renewal. Paypal Donation Link US dollars

Game Moderators

This is the place for self-contained forum games

Moderator: Zaxxon

RevHempus71

Game Moderators

Post by RevHempus71 »

Due to my only being able to be on-line in the late evening/nighttime. I would like to offer my services as a moderator. I don't have a lot of free time to come up with backstories and such but would enjoy running them. I am open to suggestions on rulesets and such, or if there are any rulesets that you all would like to revisit.
Sheesh...... May I please get out of the corner now???? I promise to behave........
Scoop20906

Re: Game Moderators

Post by Scoop20906 »

Rev, I have been working on an idea. Let me throw some ideas at you once I get my notes together.
Scoop. Makeup and hair are fabulous. - Qantaga

Xbox Gamertag: Scoop20906
Steam: Scoop20906
RevHempus71

Post by RevHempus71 »

Sure no problem.
Sheesh...... May I please get out of the corner now???? I promise to behave........
stessier

Post by stessier »

RevHempus71 wrote:Sure no problem.
Rev, you're here!

I thought you could only be part of the late night crowd...suspicious.

RevHempus71 

I require a reminder as to why raining arcane destruction is not an appropriate response to all of life's indignities. - Vaarsuvius
Global Steam Wishmaslist Tracking
Running____2014: 1300.55 miles____2015: 2036.13 miles____2016: 1012.75 miles____2017: 1105.82 miles____2018: 1318.91 miles__2019: 2000.00 miles
RevHempus71

Post by RevHempus71 »

only had 1 drivway to do today so i am off early.
stessier

Post by stessier »

stessier wrote:
RevHempus71 wrote:Sure no problem.
Rev, you're here!

I thought you could only be part of the late night crowd...suspicious.

RevHempus71 

:doh:

This is sooooo in the wrong thread.

Moving now...
I require a reminder as to why raining arcane destruction is not an appropriate response to all of life's indignities. - Vaarsuvius
Running____2014: 1300.55 miles____2015: 2036.13 miles____2016: 1012.75 miles____2017: 1105.82 miles____2018: 1318.91 miles__2019: 2000.00 miles
Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

Ok, Rev. Sorry this took so long to get to you.

Here is my game idea. Lets talk about it (everyone's input is welcome).

Game is called: Asylum

10 players (or more if needed)

1 Psychopath
9 Mental Patients

No one knows who is the pyschopath.

To Win:
Mental Patients must kill the Psychopath
Psychopath kills all but one Mental Patients

The game takes place in a mental asylum. There is a large open padded room ringed with cells with barred doors.

Each night the patients and psychopath sleep in their cells. During the night two (2) patients will hear voices telling him to get another patient killed. After there is only 5 total players left only 1 patient will hear the voices. The patients and their victims will be randomly chosen by random.org. The psychopath is excluded from this random selection.

During the day, the patients and psychopath meet in the large open padded room and vote on who to kill. Once a voting majority is met, that person is made to overdose on all the patient's combined medication and is killed.

If the patient who heard voices is successful, then he is safe from attack and can not be killed that night only. If a patient is unsuccessful, then there is a 50% chance that the voices will tell the psychopath who he is and order the psychopath to kill him. This can be randomly determined by random.org.

The Psychopath has a lockpick he can use to let himself into a patient's cell and kill anyone he chooses too each night. If a patient is unsuccessful getting their victim killed, then there is a 50% chance that the voices will order the psychopath to kill him. The pyschopath will have no choice but to kill that person that night. If the voices do not order him to kill anyone then he is free to kill whomever he wishes.

Also, each patient has smuggled $5.00 into the asylum with them. Only once per each game, that patient may bribe a guard to sit outside their cell for the night protecting them from attack by the psychopath. If the psychopath chooses (voluntarily or unvoluntarily) to attack a protected patient, then the pyschopath gets no kill that night (in all cases).

A pretty simple game with a bit of random chance thrown in. I think the paranoia would be cool.
Last edited by Scoop20906 on Thu Oct 16, 2008 7:49 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Chaosraven

Post by Chaosraven »

Scoop20906 wrote:Each night the patients and psychopath sleep in their cells. During the night two (2) patients will hear voices telling him to get another patient killed. After there is only 5 total players left only 1 patient will hear the voices. The patients and their victims will be randomly chosen by random.org. The psychopath is excluded from this random selection.

However, if the voices tell the psychopath to kill someone, he must.
:?:
"Where are you off to?"
"I don't know," Snufkin replied.
The door shut again and Snufkin entered his forest, with a hundred miles of silence ahead of him.

Sweet sweet meat come. -LordMortis
stessier

;)

Post by stessier »

Chaosraven wrote:
Scoop20906 wrote:However, if the voices tell the psychopath to kill someone, he must.
Like you, of all people, don't understand that part???
Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

Chaosraven wrote:
Scoop20906 wrote:Each night the patients and psychopath sleep in their cells. During the night two (2) patients will hear voices telling him to get another patient killed. After there is only 5 total players left only 1 patient will hear the voices. The patients and their victims will be randomly chosen by random.org. The psychopath is excluded from this random selection.

However, if the voices tell the psychopath to kill someone, he must.
Wasn't clear. Good catch. I made the corrections above.

I notice there is a problem with my rulez. If someone hears voices and are ordered to kill someone, what is stop them from announcing it and everyone then killing that person.

I need there to be a penalty to the rest of the group if that person succeeds. Any ideas?

Remus West

Re: ;)

Post by Remus West »

stessier wrote:
Chaosraven wrote:
Scoop20906 wrote:However, if the voices tell the psychopath to kill someone, he must.
Like you, of all people, don't understand that part???
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Wait, crap, he knows where I live. :shock:
“As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.” - H.L. Mencken
Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

Updated the rulez a bit

Here is my game idea. Lets talk about it (everyone's input is welcome).

Game is called: Asylum

10 players (or more if needed)

1 Psychopath
9 Mental Patients

No one knows who is the pyschopath.

To Win:
Mental Patients must kill the Psychopath
Psychopath(s) outnumber the Mental Patients

Game Scenario
The game takes place in a mental asylum. There is a large open padded room ringed with cells with barred doors. There is a day and night cycle. Each night the patients and psychopath sleep in their cells. During the day, the patients and psychopath meet in the large open padded room and vote on who to kill. Once a voting majority is met, that person is made to overdose on all the patient's combined medication and is killed. The game begins during the Night.

During the night two (2) patients will hear voices telling him to get another patient killed. After there is only 5 total players left only 1 patient will hear the voices. The patients and their victims will be randomly chosen by random.org. The psychopath is excluded from this random selection.

If the patient who heard voices is successful, then he is safe from attack and can not be killed that night only. However, this successful comes with a price. The guilt and madness of causing the death of a fellow patient weighs heavily. If that person is spoken to a second time by the voices he goes insane and becomes a psychopath himself.

The Psychopath has a lockpick he can use to let himself into a patient's cell and kill anyone he chooses too each night.If a patient is unsuccessful, then there is a 50% chance that the voices will tell the psychopath who he is and order the psychopath to kill him. This can be randomly determined by random.org.

Also, each patient has smuggled $5.00 into the asylum with them. Only once per each game, that patient may bribe a guard to sit outside their cell for the night protecting them from attack by the psychopath. If the psychopath chooses (voluntarily or unvoluntarily) to attack a protected patient, then the pyschopath gets no kill that night (in all cases).

Night Order:
1. Patients choose whether to bribe guards (one time only).
2. Voices speak to Patient(s).
3. Psychopath chooses who to attack. Voices may speak to Psychopath.

A pretty simple game with a bit of random chance thrown in. I think the paranoia would be cool.