New Team Game (Just Rules Thoughts)

This is the place for self-contained forum games

Moderator: Zaxxon

Austin

New Team Game (Just Rules Thoughts)

Post by Austin »

From time to time I have thoughts about rules for these while driving or showering.

This one started as a Spy V Spy game but evolved from there/is evolving from there.

The gist: 2 teams, good/evil, white/black (in a Spy V Spy sense duh), happy/sad, big/small - Two teams.

In general nobody knows who else is on their team. (Would be exceptions for each team - these would be called powered roles. :P)

A person from each team would be at a station (no hexes) of sort and would decide an action on that station. They would not know with whom they shared the station.

Station example:
Grundbegriff - Black spy sharing a station with Stessier - White spy.
Black decides to trap or not trap. White decides to open or counter trap.
If Black traps and White Counters, White wins
If Black doesn't trap and White counters, Black wins
If Black traps and White opens, Black wins
If Black doesn't trap and white opens, White wins.

This would happen with each pairing. I haven't decided what happens with odd numbers and uneven teams - heck I don't have the winning condition yet. :P

Each winning player has a vote count for lynching or their vote counts double, or something.

Digesting...
Remus West

Re: New Team Game (Just Rules Thoughts)

Post by Remus West »

what would you do when 2 black or 2 white spies are in a station together? Or when 1 person is in a station by themselves?
“As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.” - H.L. Mencken
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

Remus West wrote:what would you do when 2 black or 2 white spies are in a station together? Or when 1 person is in a station by themselves?
that's what he's been thinking about in the shower...
The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.

Black Lives Matter
Austin

Post by Austin »

Lassr wrote:
Remus West wrote:what would you do when 2 black or 2 white spies are in a station together? Or when 1 person is in a station by themselves?
that's what he's been thinking about in the shower...
No that's Baltar PMs. :x

This isn't really a rule set but just thoughts. And stations would be assigned each night by random so don't think of it like Grund's Lost game. I used the word stations but pairings works too. It would always be 1 from each team as far as that is possible. As we have odd numbers and team strengths tilt... I dunno... It was more of a mechanism to give one side strength over another in voting.

Could be applied as simply as standard WW game and each night a Cable is matched against a WW and the winner gains +1 vote. That could give WW's an early win in the right situation. Just food for thought.
lailaigogo

fail to hold

Post by lailaigogo »

Why do spammers like my rulez so much?
Last edited by Austin on Tue Aug 12, 2008 10:30 am, edited 1 time in total.