2024 Fundraising - $1102 / $2000 CDN for the year, June/July Renewal. Paypal Donation Link US dollars

Deal on BFG 6800 OC Card + Half Life2 + Far Cry for $220 A/R

The walrus awaits.

Moderator: The Preacher

gorham09

Deal on BFG 6800 OC Card + Half Life2 + Far Cry for $220 A/R

Post by gorham09 »

Taken from Fatwallet with Link to thread provided below:
Bestbuy is running a special on the BFG 6800 OC, which is an overclocked Geforce 6800. They are offering the card plus HAlf Life2 and Far Cry for $249 after $105 rebate. However, over at fatwallet, the say that Bestbuy is also taking an extra 10% off the price automatically when it rings up (bringing it down to $225 after rebate). Here is the link to the Fatwallet thread LINK.

Here is the link to the product at Bestbuy: LINK
Carpet_pissr

Post by Carpet_pissr »

My eyes are red I am sure from reading that huge ass thread at Fat Wallet. I was about to pick up this card at my local BB (don't have Far Cry or HL2 and want both), until I started reading.

Apparently the 6800 series cards have a hardware fault in some aspects of the video processing. Should not affect gaming, but since I do some video editing, and will one day have an HTPC, this completely bummed me out.

Ah well, guess I will wait for the 6600's to come down in price.
LawBeefaroni
Forum Moderator

Post by LawBeefaroni »

Is it Doom3 (title) or HL2 (post)?
" Hey OP, listen to my advice alright." -Tha General
"No scientific discovery is named after its original discoverer." -Stigler's Law of Eponymy, discovered by Robert K. Merton

MYT
Carpet_pissr

Post by Carpet_pissr »

Far Cry comes in vid card box, you buy HL2 to get the discount. Doom 3 not involved with this deal.

And fyi, many have reported using a $20 off $200 coupon for BB that makes this deal even better ($20 coupon has worked in conjunction w10% off for some).

Amazing...I am reconsidering...borked video h/w processing be damned!!
gorham09

Post by gorham09 »

oops.... Got my A-list titles mixed up. Edited title.

Oh, and to sweeten the deal a bit, I read somewhere on Fatwallet that world of warcraft also includes an additional rebate for those who buy both the game and a BFG 6800 card.
ChrisGwinn

Post by ChrisGwinn »

Damn. I just bought this for $250 with Far Cry a little bit ago. Nice card - better than I thought it would be.