Georgia v. Trump

For discussion of religion and politics

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, $iljanus

Kurth

Re: Georgia v. Trump

Post by Kurth »

waitingtoconnect wrote: Fri Aug 25, 2023 1:10 am He didn’t he went through a bail bondsman! How many (real) billionaires do that.
Too funny. He paid that guy $20K to post that $200K bond.
Just 'cause you feel it, doesn't mean it's there -- Radiohead
Do you believe me? Do you trust me? Do you like me? 😳
Zaxxon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zaxxon »

Kurth wrote: Fri Aug 25, 2023 8:49 pm
waitingtoconnect wrote: Fri Aug 25, 2023 1:10 am He didn’t he went through a bail bondsman! How many (real) billionaires do that.
Too funny. He paid that guy $20K to post that $200K bond.
More likely, donations paid it through his PAC. Or something else equally as shameful.
Hyena

Post by Hyena »

Skinypupy wrote: Thu Aug 24, 2023 7:54 pm Trump just self reported himself as 6’3”, 215 lbs at his surrender in Fulton County.

😂 😂 😂

https://tenor.com/ZzrC.gif
"You laugh at me because I'm different; I laugh at you because you're all the same." ~Jonathan Davis

"The object of education is to prepare the young to educate themselves throughout their lives." ~Robert M. Hutchins
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

Ok, I want to solicit guesses as to Drumpf's actual weight.

I'm 6', don't look nearly as big/heavy as drumpf, and if I weighed 215 I would be very happy.

I'd like some guesses. Any takers?
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

Quick research:

He's probably 6'1", the same as me. Maybe 6'2", but he's a noticeable sloucher. He may have been taller once, but lost some height with age.

For weight? Between 240 and 250.
(˙pǝsɹǝʌǝɹ uǝǝq sɐɥ ʎʇıʌɐɹƃ ʃɐuosɹǝd ʎW)
msteelers

Post by msteelers »

I’m 6’2 and tend to be in the 230-240 range and he looks way bigger than me.
LawBeefaroni
Forum Moderator

Post by LawBeefaroni »

I mentioned it in another thread, but also 6'3", 215 lbs:

Lamar Jackson.
" Hey OP, listen to my advice alright." -Tha General
"No scientific discovery is named after its original discoverer." -Stigler's Law of Eponymy, discovered by Robert K. Merton

MYT
Carpet_pissr

Post by Carpet_pissr »

Comparing him to a NFL star is not really fair though, considering they have sooo much muscle mass which contributes to their weight. So many of those guys (any elite athlete, really) carry weight very well because their fat percentages are so damn low.

Damn you for making me defend the orange POS traitor.
Holman

Post by Holman »

msteelers wrote: Sat Aug 26, 2023 2:31 pm I’m 6’2 and tend to be in the 230-240 range and he looks way bigger than me.
I'm 5'11 and 215 and I could fit inside Trump's suit with room for a whole extra person
Much prefer my Nazis Nuremberged.
Kurth

Post by Kurth »

He’s at least 250, and I think that’s being generous. Hell, his spare tire probably weighs 25 lbs itself!
Just 'cause you feel it, doesn't mean it's there -- Radiohead
Do you believe me? Do you trust me? Do you like me? 😳
Carpet_pissr

Post by Carpet_pissr »

Kurth wrote: Sat Aug 26, 2023 6:40 pm He’s at least 250, and I think that’s being generous. Hell, his spare tire probably weighs 25 lbs itself!
His ego, now sentient and transformed to the physical plane from sheer force, has to weigh at least that.
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

Carpet_pissr wrote: Sat Aug 26, 2023 10:55 pm
Kurth wrote: Sat Aug 26, 2023 6:40 pm He’s at least 250, and I think that’s being generous. Hell, his spare tire probably weighs 25 lbs itself!
His ego, now sentient and transformed to the physical plane from sheer force, has to weigh at least that.
I would counter that he is entirely 100% pure ego. If he weighs 300 lbs, it's 300 lbs of ego.
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

msteelers wrote: Sat Aug 26, 2023 2:31 pm I’m 6’2 and tend to be in the 230-240 range and he looks way bigger than me.
Yeah, he's most definitely heavier than that.
He won. Period.
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

Agreed. At least.
hitbyambulance

Post by hitbyambulance »

too many here hedging with 'at least 250'. sooooooo... 280, actually?
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

hitbyambulance wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2023 12:15 pm too many here hedging with 'at least 250'. sooooooo... 280, actually?
310lbs!
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

:hand:
315 lbs …
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

If he's 6'3", I see no way he can weigh less than 280. I am 6'2''ish (shrinking as I get older) and I topped out at just under 270 with no muscle after decades at a desk job and then coming home to laze about. I didn't have a bulk like him that I was trying to hide under tailored clothes that don't end up looking tailored. He's out there playing golf every day, even if he rides in a cart all day, that was more exercise than I was getting and he still had a lot more bulk and bulge than I ever did, which suggest he'd have more girth and more density without fighting inflammation like I do.
Kasey Chang

Post by Kasey Chang »

His previous measurements, as reported by whitehouse doctors, were 6'2" and 240#.

And let's just look at this photo of Trump next to Obama, shall we?

My game FAQs | Playing: She Will Punish Them, Sunrider: Mask of Arcadius, The Outer Worlds
Holman

Post by Holman »

And remember that Obama is 6'1". (Trump even has a heel off the ground in that photo.)

Trump's 6'3" is just as much a fantasy as his weight.

And then Trump's girth has increased significantly since that 2017 photo.
Much prefer my Nazis Nuremberged.
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

Sticking with my guess.

To be honest I suspect he's even heavier, but I want to play it safe with my guess.

I wish I was insane enough to think I could lie about a hundred pounds and think people would believe it.
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

I'm comfortable with my 240-250 guess, but it's impossible to be sure without knowing a lot more about his build. I'm 264, but I'm lucky enough to have a build that hides much of it (most people would guess I'm 30 pounds lighter than I am thanks to my 'football player' build (which is about bone structure, not muscle.)
(˙pǝsɹǝʌǝɹ uǝǝq sɐɥ ʎʇıʌɐɹƃ ʃɐuosɹǝd ʎW)
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

Judge to allow livestream of Georgia election interference case
"We've been live streaming all of our major proceedings on a Fulton County provided YouTube channel, and our plan was to do that with this case as well," McAfee said during the hearing.

McAfee previously approved two orders that allow still photography and video photography of the proceedings. While those orders are set to expire on Sept. 8, McAfee said he plans to extend the arrangement in six-month increments in order to cover the trial.
:pop:
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Georgia special grand jury recommended charges in election case for Sen. Graham and 2 ex-senators
The nine-page report showed jurors recommended charges against 39 people, compared to the 18 who were charged along with former President Donald Trump. Those not indicted included Republican U.S. Sen. Lindsey Graham of South Carolina, former U.S. Sens. Kelly Loeffler and David Perdue of Georgia and former Trump national security adviser Michael Flynn.

Parts of the report, which has 19 pages of appendices, had been released in February, but a judge had delayed the release of any recommendations for specific charges against specific people until after last month’s indictment. While most of the intrigue in the inner workings of the case has diminished with the filing of charges, it is notable that the special grand jury recommended charges for many people who were not actually indicted.
It's almost as if people are the problem.
Carpet_pissr

Post by Carpet_pissr »

Isgrimnur wrote: Fri Sep 08, 2023 12:16 pmThose not indicted included Republican U.S. Sen. Lindsey Graham of South Carolina
BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Judge rejects Mark Meadows’ bid to move Georgia election interference case to federal court
US District Judge Steve Jones found that the allegations against Meadows contained in the Fulton County district attorney’s indictment on election subversion charges were largely “related to political activities” and not to Meadows’ role as White House chief of staff.

“The evidence before the Court overwhelmingly suggests that Meadows was not acting in his scope of executive branch duties during most of the Overt Acts alleged,” wrote Jones, a Barack Obama appointee.

The Friday ruling has significant implications for the former president and his 18 co-defendants in the Fulton County district attorney’s sprawling racketeering case, though the judge said the ruling did not apply to the other defendants. Meadows was the first of five defendants who already filed motions to move the case to federal court – and Trump is expected to do so, too.
Jones wrote in the decision that Meadows had not met even the “‘quite low’ threshold for removal” to federal court, because his activities for the Trump campaign were outside the scope of his federal role as White House chief of staff.

“The Court finds that the color of the Office of the White House Chief of Staff did not include working with or working for the Trump campaign, except for simply coordinating the President’s schedule, traveling with the President to his campaign events, and redirecting communications to the campaign,” Jones wrote. “Thus, consistent with his testimony and the federal statutes and regulations, engaging in political activities is exceeds the outer limits of the Office of the White House Chief of Staff.”

The Hatch Act, which prohibits federal officials from engaging in political activity as part of their official duties, was “helpful in defining the outer limits of the scope the White House Chief of Staff’s authority,” the judge said.

“These prohibitions on executive branch employees (including the White House Chief of Staff) reinforce the Court’s conclusion that Meadows has not shown how his actions relate to the scope of his federal executive branch office. Federal officer removal is thereby inapposite,” the judge wrote in the decision.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Mark Meadows requests emergency stay in Georgia election interference case
Meadows, in his motion Monday, said he "respectfully believes the Court erred" in denying his request to move his trial, and that he "intends to seek expedited review in the Court of Appeals later today."

The judge has already ordered Fulton County District Attorney Fani Willis to respond by noon Tuesday.
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

I’m naïve, what role does she play at this stage?
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

Unagi wrote: Mon Sep 11, 2023 4:39 pm I’m naïve, what role does she play at this stage?
Fani Willis? She's running the DA's Office, so she's supervising the prosecution. Normally her involvement in a typical prosecution would be minimal (beyond authorizing it), but I imagine for this one she'll be much more directly involved than normal.
Black Lives Matter.
Carpet_pissr

Post by Carpet_pissr »

Emphasis on “at this stage” (I think).
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

El Guapo wrote: Mon Sep 11, 2023 5:21 pm
Unagi wrote: Mon Sep 11, 2023 4:39 pm I’m naïve, what role does she play at this stage?
Fani Willis? She's running the DA's Office, so she's supervising the prosecution. Normally her involvement in a typical prosecution would be minimal (beyond authorizing it), but I imagine for this one she'll be much more directly involved than normal.
I got that part.

I’m asking why the judge is asking for -her- to respond to this request for an emergency stay.
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

Carpet_pissr wrote: Mon Sep 11, 2023 5:26 pm Emphasis on “at this stage” (I think).
Yes.
malchior

Post by malchior »

Unagi wrote: Mon Sep 11, 2023 5:36 pm
El Guapo wrote: Mon Sep 11, 2023 5:21 pm
I got that part.

I’m asking why the judge is asking for -her- to respond to this request for an emergency stay.
I believe she is representing Georgia in the removal proceeding.
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

I’m sorry. Could you explain that more?
Seems like I’m the only one confused and yet no one here is offering much clarity.

Meadows thinks the court should move his case.
He’s asking the court of appeals to expedite things, since the court did not agree.

The judge has ordered the DA to respond.

I picture the DA responding with ‘fuck him, I plan to have the trial here.’

I don’t understand the DA role in responding. I thought that she was (in this struggle to keep the case in Georgia) one side of the argument and her ‘position’ is de facto clear.

What am I missing. What are the ‘responses’ that are possible?
Why is it even in her position “to respond”.

Could she respond with: “Ahh hell, Judge, just let him go to DC with it, I give up!”

Does no one understand what is confusing me here ?
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

I am not even remotely familiar with how these things work. I, as a layperson, believe it's something along the lines of "provide me with legal reasoning why moving the trial is not appropriate". Or "provide me with legal justification for keeping the trail in State court".

Something along those lines. :think:

I think this is part of the adversarial nature of the justice system. Defense has provided a request with, presumably, reasons why the request is legally justified. The Prosecution now is required to provide legal reasons why the request is not appropriate and should be turned down.

If I'm wrong, my apologies. As I said, I'm a total layperson, but I wanted to respond with my thoughts so you didn't feel quite so alone. :lol:
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

Okay. So she is given a chance to make her “fuck him, I plan to have this trial here” case against Meadows - that makes sense, but I don’t understand how that’s not something she needs to show the court of appeals - not this judge here, whom I assume was behind the ruling that the move to DC was denied.
Kasey Chang

Post by Kasey Chang »

Given that Meadows already lost one removal proceedings, his chances are pretty low on appeal, IMHO. But you know they are gonna try.
My game FAQs | Playing: She Will Punish Them, Sunrider: Mask of Arcadius, The Outer Worlds
Kasey Chang

Post by Kasey Chang »

Trump wants Judge Chutkan recused from his trial

According to Trump('s lawyers)...
Chutkan told one defendant (in Jan 6 insurrection) in October 2022 her attempt to violently overthrow the government stemmed from “blind loyalty to one person who, by the way, remains free to this day.” She told another defendant in December 2021 that while rioters are going to prison, “the architects of that horrific event will likely never be charged.”
That's supposedly their evidence of "bias".

Personally, that's like Trump's ADMISSION of leading the Jan 6th insurrection, but obviously, I'm not a lawyer...
malchior

Post by malchior »

Unagi wrote: Tue Sep 12, 2023 8:21 am Okay. So she is given a chance to make her “fuck him, I plan to have this trial here” case against Meadows - that makes sense, but I don’t understand how that’s not something she needs to show the court of appeals - not this judge here, whom I assume was behind the ruling that the move to DC was denied.
IANAL but I went through several legal courses in business school. IIRC "mechanically" the case is still with the judge (there is a order to dismiss the case with the judge); also the appeals court typically reviews the record as presented by the court. He is giving the DA's office time to respond to add their position to the case record before they send the case up to them.
Last edited by malchior on Tue Sep 12, 2023 9:26 am, edited 3 times in total.
raydude

Post by raydude »

Unagi wrote: Tue Sep 12, 2023 8:21 am Okay. So she is given a chance to make her “fuck him, I plan to have this trial here” case against Meadows - that makes sense, but I don’t understand how that’s not something she needs to show the court of appeals - not this judge here, whom I assume was behind the ruling that the move to DC was denied.
It looks like Meadows filed a motion for emergency stay with both the court of appeals and with the judge who denied him the request to move to DC court. I think the idea is that if he can get an emergency stay with one of them then it applies. Thus, the judge who denied him the first time, and who Meadows filed the emergency stay with, is asking the DA to provide her response. I'm guessing that by doing so he is showing fairness in allowing both the prosecution and defense to declare why the stay should be approved or not. This way the judge could say "look, the DA's case for preventing a stay was weak, and the defense's argument was strong, therefore stay approved".

That's my read on the article as a non-lawyer.