America's hateful strife

For discussion of religion and politics

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, $iljanus

Daehawk

America's hateful strife

Post by Daehawk »

This didn't fit in a political or religious thread so made a new one. The hate, bigotry and general asshole'ness in America thread if you will.

Here's some of Georgia's latest asshole'ness

Words like 'diversity,' 'inclusion' to be removed from Georgia teaching program standards
The Georgia Professional Standards Commission voted without discussion Thursday to delete those words and references to so-called “ambiguous terms” from rules that guide colleges and programs that train educators. The latest changes, which go into effect July 1, are among a series of steps legislators and policymakers have taken in Georgia and beyond to rid schools of diversity, equity and inclusion initiatives, the Atlanta Journal-Constitution reported.

“It’s a travesty,” said DeKalb County teacher Chris Andrews moments after the meeting. “Without some sort of diversity, equity, inclusion training, or even mention thereof, are we even able to interact with each other in effective ways?”
Sieg Heil! Georgia, Sieg Heil.
--------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.
I guess Ray Butts has ate his last pancake.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/daehawk
"Has high IQ. Refuses to apply it"
waitingtoconnect

Re: America's hateful strife

Post by waitingtoconnect »

Reminds me of the movie the Dictator where Alladin replaces a whole pile of words with Alladin.

Next they’ll replace a whole pile of words with America or Trump…

Doctor: do you want the Trump news or the trump news?
Patient: errr the trump news.
Doctor: You are HIV Trump
Apollo

Post by Apollo »

Daehawk wrote: Fri Jun 09, 2023 11:05 pm This didn't fit in a political or religious thread so made a new one. The hate, bigotry and general asshole'ness in America thread if you will.

Here's some of Georgia's latest asshole'ness

Words like 'diversity,' 'inclusion' to be removed from Georgia teaching program standards
The Georgia Professional Standards Commission voted without discussion Thursday to delete those words and references to so-called “ambiguous terms” from rules that guide colleges and programs that train educators. The latest changes, which go into effect July 1, are among a series of steps legislators and policymakers have taken in Georgia and beyond to rid schools of diversity, equity and inclusion initiatives, the Atlanta Journal-Constitution reported.

“It’s a travesty,” said DeKalb County teacher Chris Andrews moments after the meeting. “Without some sort of diversity, equity, inclusion training, or even mention thereof, are we even able to interact with each other in effective ways?”
Sieg Heil! Georgia, Sieg Heil.
I thought this thread was going to be about the growing Fascist movement in the US or the continual mass shootings, etc. but starting a thread entitled "America's hateful strife" and then starting off with a complaint about colleges being told to not use words like "diversity" and "inclusion" is pretty weak, to put it mildly. I'm afraid this calls for the dreaded :roll: ...( :mrgreen: )
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Now why in good graces would they do this? It will just allow airlines to hide fees and extra charges again. Damn evil stupid lawmakers.

Lawmakers propose to weaken Obama rule requiring airlines to advertise full airfare price
Lawmakers are considering rolling back an Obama-era rule that requires airlines to show the total price of a ticket upfront in advertising, while also tweaking training requirements for airline pilots and making other changes in a massive bill covering the Federal Aviation Administration.

On Friday, Republicans and Democrats on the House Transportation Committee released a 773-page proposal to reauthorize FAA programs for the next five years.
Stop bowing to the assholes of this country you assjacks. Stand strong.....or dont stand at all for me.
Kraken

Post by Kraken »

Apollo wrote: Sat Jun 10, 2023 10:24 am I thought this thread was going to be about the growing Fascist movement in the US or the continual mass shootings, etc. but starting a thread entitled "America's hateful strife" and then starting off with a complaint about colleges being told to not use words like "diversity" and "inclusion" is pretty weak, to put it mildly. I'm afraid this calls for the dreaded :roll: ...( :mrgreen: )
Well now it's escalated to airline advertising rules, so...maybe Dae should reconsider the title.
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

This is just all stuff that belongs in the GOP thread.
Grifman

Post by Grifman »

Daehawk wrote: Sat Jun 10, 2023 11:08 pm Now why in good graces would they do this? It will just allow airlines to hide fees and extra charges again. Damn evil stupid lawmakers.

Lawmakers propose to weaken Obama rule requiring airlines to advertise full airfare price
Lawmakers are considering rolling back an Obama-era rule that requires airlines to show the total price of a ticket upfront in advertising, while also tweaking training requirements for airline pilots and making other changes in a massive bill covering the Federal Aviation Administration.

On Friday, Republicans and Democrats on the House Transportation Committee released a 773-page proposal to reauthorize FAA programs for the next five years.
Stop bowing to the assholes of this country you assjacks. Stand strong.....or dont stand at all for me.
What does this have to do with "hateful strife"?
Tolerance is the virtue of the man without convictions. – G.K. Chesterton
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Its all hateful people doing hateful stuff to their fellow americans in hateful ways..
Holman

Post by Holman »

Daehawk wrote: Sun Jun 11, 2023 9:45 pm Its all hateful people doing hateful stuff to their fellow americans in hateful ways..
FWIW, this thread seems like an unnecessary offshoot of "Political Randomness."

I agree with your assessment of what you're pointing out, but I also prefer to keep forum threads tight rather than letting them sprawl.
Much prefer my Nazis Nuremberged.
Jaymann

Post by Jaymann »

Holman wrote: Sun Jun 11, 2023 10:28 pm
Daehawk wrote: Sun Jun 11, 2023 9:45 pm Its all hateful people doing hateful stuff to their fellow americans in hateful ways..

I agree with your assessment of what you're pointing out, but I also prefer to keep forum threads tight rather than letting them sprawl.
Surely you remember the days when people would start a new thread with a snippet of song lyrics.
Jaymann
]==(:::::::::::::>
Black Lives Matter
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

Have you noticed any patterns yet?
Maybe next year, maybe no go
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Jaymann wrote: Sun Jun 11, 2023 10:38 pm

Surely you remember the days when people would start a new thread with a snippet of song lyrics.
Killing in the name of...
It's almost as if people are the problem.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Smoove_B wrote: Sun Jun 11, 2023 10:42 pm
:coffee:
It's almost as if people are the problem.
Jaymann

Post by Jaymann »

Isgrimnur wrote: Sun Jun 11, 2023 10:47 pm
Smoove_B wrote: Sun Jun 11, 2023 10:42 pm
:coffee:
First Jeffery Epstein dies in prison. Then John McAfee. Then the Unabomber. What did they know???
Jaymann
]==(:::::::::::::>
Black Lives Matter
The Meal

Post by The Meal »

Anything that spins something out of a "thread" involving the title Randomness *is* tightening conversation.
"Better to talk to people than communicate via tweet." — Elontra