[Solved] Now why would RealTek have no sound, but Bluetooth works fine?

For general computer discussion & help, come here

Moderators: Bakhtosh, EvilHomer3k

Kasey Chang

[Solved] Now why would RealTek have no sound, but Bluetooth works fine?

Post by Kasey Chang »

As far as Windows is concerned, it's playing sound just fine. But I'm not getting ANY output on my RealTek sound (this is after removing my Wyze gaming headset, it keeps making connect/disconnect sounds). RealTek is also not detecting any of my plugged in stuff, when it used to do so. I've tried nuking it from Device manager, which it automatically reinstalls, but it seems to be fine, yet still no sound. Yes, I checked the volume levels. And as I said, bluetooth headset works fine. ARGH!!!!!!!
Last edited by Kasey Chang on Wed May 10, 2023 11:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
My game FAQs | Playing: She Will Punish Them, Sunrider: Mask of Arcadius, The Outer Worlds
Anonymous Bosch

Re: Now why would RealTek have no sound, but Bluetooth works fine?

Post by Anonymous Bosch »

Try using the free, open source Snappy Driver Installer Origin (SDIO) to update your drivers, and see if that helps:

This can be mighty useful, because sometimes it will inform you that while you are using a newer driver, a more optimal older driver is available which can be more suitable for the particular hardware you are using.
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." — P. J. O'Rourke
Kasey Chang

Re: Now why would RealTek have no sound, but Bluetooth works fine?

Post by Kasey Chang »

Problem solved.

It wasn't the driver.

Somehow my front-panel headphone/microphone port stopped working.

I plugged the "speaker" plug to the back I/O and it worked.

The failure which happened when I unplugged the audio dongle sent me down the wrong rabbit hole.
My game FAQs | Playing: She Will Punish Them, Sunrider: Mask of Arcadius, The Outer Worlds