Octopath Traveler COTC (Mobile)

If it's a video game it goes here.

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, Arcanis, $iljanus

Jaymann

Octopath Traveler COTC (Mobile)

Post by Jaymann »

I have never played a game on my phone, and I have no desire to squint at a small screen. But I was able to get the screen to mirror onto my Smart TV, so I am giving this (Champions of the Continent) a try. It is free to play. Apparently there is some pay to win BS along the line, but no thanks.

I was fortunate to roll an S-Tier character and they start you with 3 companions. They make you choose a "Band Name" so I went with Depeche Mode. I am not used to finger sliding controls, but so far I have won one battle and accepted a quest. Strangely, the text is in English but the voice overs are in Japanese and I found no way to change that. Kind of laggy but an interesting experience.
Jaymann
]==(:::::::::::::>
Black Lives Matter
Jaymann

Re: Octopath Traveler COTC (Mobile)

Post by Jaymann »

I'm hooked now. It's different from OT1 and OT2 in that you can get a party of 8 with 4 on the front line and 4 in the back (both get exp). You can switch them out during battle, which leads to some strategy in combating weaknesses and healing up in the back row. There are no items to use and you can't heal outside of battle (must go to an inn). There is only a boost button for the whole party and so far it seems to only go off in a single boost every other turn. There are nuts you can get with a huge chunk of exp.

There are a lot of "daily events" you can track, but overall I would say it is only for fans of the series.
Jaymann
]==(:::::::::::::>
Black Lives Matter