The Nikki Haley Sideshow

For discussion of religion and politics

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, $iljanus

Isgrimnur

The Nikki Haley Sideshow

Post by Isgrimnur »

Defiant wrote: Tue Feb 14, 2023 11:37 am
Former South Carolina Republican Gov. Nikki Haley announced Tuesday in a video that she will run for president in 2024, becoming the first major rival to challenge former President Donald Trump for the GOP nomination.
https://www.cnn.com/2023/02/14/politics ... index.html
NBC News
Conservative pundit Ann Coulter is under fire for a racist tirade against new Republican presidential candidate Nikki Haley.

In an appearance on the "The Mark Simone Show" podcast this week, Coulter made several xenophobic comments about Haley, the former governor of South Carolina who was born in the U.S. to Indian immigrant parents. "Why don't you go back to your own country?" Coulter said.
Coulter also called Haley a "bimbo" and a "preposterous creature," criticizing her for having advocated removing the Confederate flag from the grounds of the South Carolina Statehouse in the wake of the 2015 shooting at Emanuel African Methodist Episcopal Church in Charleston.
It's almost as if people are the problem.
Kraken

Re: The Nikki Haley Sideshow

Post by Kraken »

Keepin' it classy. Are we SURE she was born in the USA? Have we even seen her birth certificate?
LawBeefaroni
Forum Moderator

Post by LawBeefaroni »

"Why don't you go back to your own country?" Coulter said.
That's some truly original shit from a a totally not vapid intellect. So proud of our legislative branch.

Also:
During an episode of CNN This Morning that aired Thursday, Lemon said that Haley, who recently announced her candidacy for president in the 2024 election, "isn't in her prime." Haley is 51.

The CNN anchor continued with his argument by adding a women is "considered to be in her prime in her 20s and 30s and maybe 40s."
We are a society of assholes.

"I'm sorry that I said it," Lemon said at an editorial meeting with his colleagues on Friday, according to CNN. "And I certainly see why people found it completely misguided."
But the state of the non-apology has never been better!
" Hey OP, listen to my advice alright." -Tha General
"No scientific discovery is named after its original discoverer." -Stigler's Law of Eponymy, discovered by Robert K. Merton

MYT
Jaymann

Post by Jaymann »

[Trent Steel]

NO CHANCE. NO CHANCE!
Jaymann
]==(:::::::::::::>
Black Lives Matter
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

Now Nikki Haley was always a favorite of Trump's, right? Has he said anything negative about her? I mean, THIS WILL NOT STAND, but I see this as being a modest gut-punch for ol' Donny-boy.
waitingtoconnect

Post by waitingtoconnect »

I think she is a spoiler.

In three way polling she takes enough votes from desantis for trump to easily win the nomination.

In two way voting desantis could win.
malchior

Post by malchior »

waitingtoconnect wrote: Sat Feb 18, 2023 5:56 am I think she is a spoiler.

In three way polling she takes enough votes from desantis for trump to easily win the nomination.

It's the opposite. More candidates helps Trump - same as 2015/2016. He has a solid block that may or may not be a majority of the Republican base. But it's safe to say 40%+. Any block of primary voters pulling 10%+ or more gives Trump a plurality.
malchior

Post by malchior »

It's the opposite. More candidates helps Trump - same as 2015/2016. He has a solid block that may or may not be a majority of the Republican base. But it's safe to say 40%+. Any block of primary voters pulling 10%+ or more away from a competing candidate gives Trump a plurality.
coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

malchior wrote: Sat Feb 18, 2023 6:58 am

It's the opposite. More candidates helps Trump - same as 2015/2016. He has a solid block that may or may not be a majority of the Republican base. But it's safe to say 40%+. Any block of primary voters pulling 10%+ or more away from a competing candidate gives Trump a plurality.
I think you are misreading, you both are saying the exact same thing.
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
Holman

Post by Holman »

LawBeefaroni wrote: Fri Feb 17, 2023 7:08 pm
That's some truly original shit from a a totally not vapid intellect. So proud of our legislative branch.
What am I missing?

Coulter isn't in Congress. She's a fading right-wing pundit desperate for relevance.
Much prefer my Nazis Nuremberged.
malchior

Post by malchior »

coopasonic wrote: Sat Feb 18, 2023 9:03 am
malchior wrote: Sat Feb 18, 2023 6:58 am

I think you are misreading, you both are saying the exact same thing.
You are correct - a misread!
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

Holman wrote: Sat Feb 18, 2023 9:59 am
LawBeefaroni wrote: Fri Feb 17, 2023 7:08 pm
What am I missing?

Coulter isn't in Congress. She's a fading right-wing pundit desperate for relevance.
I wasn’t sure how the legislative branch got dragged into this either.