Fancy Pillows - WTF?

Everything else!

Moderators: Bakhtosh, EvilHomer3k

Kasey Chang

Fancy Pillows - WTF?

Post by Kasey Chang »

I check pillow prices and it seems the "top pillows" have had a substantial leap in price. Some of those gimmick premium pillows like the Purple are like $100 bucks!?!

Even the "adjustable" Loft pillow is like $72 "on sale" (they give you a bag of that memory foam so you can decide how stuffed your pillow should be)

When I bought my last "shredded memory foam" pillow a couple years back I paid... 24?
My game FAQs | Playing: She Will Punish Them, Sunrider: Mask of Arcadius, The Outer Worlds
LawBeefaroni
Forum Moderator

Re: Fancy Pillows - WTF?

Post by LawBeefaroni »

They figured out that people would pay $75+ for a pillow.

I don't sleep with pillows so I've never noticed and the wife always gets down pillows or faux down (is that a thing?).
" Hey OP, listen to my advice alright." -Tha General
"No scientific discovery is named after its original discoverer." -Stigler's Law of Eponymy, discovered by Robert K. Merton

MYT
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

LawBeefaroni wrote: Mon Jan 23, 2023 11:50 am faux down (is that a thing?).
Yes.
It's almost as if people are the problem.
rittchard

Post by rittchard »

As someone who suffers from severe sleep apnea as well as other assorted sleep issues (I sleep hot, move around a lot, wake up every hour or two, kick blankets off, tweak my neck, move around all over, etc etc), all I can say is I will pay any price for a pillow that offers even a slightly better sleep experience. I have tried so many different pillows over the years it’s actually quite disturbing. My current pillows of choice are from Sleepgram:

https://sleepgram.com/

Expensive as heck but they’ve lasted a while - still even these cause me problems some times.

If you sleep well at night with any pillow, count your blessings, you are a lucky person!!
Sudy

Post by Sudy »

If I had cash to throw around I'd love to try some of these. Realistically it's not a huge investment, but you know.

My problem is that I need a height of about 1.5 standard pillows to support my neck. I'm primarily a side sleeper. I used to have a great memory foam pillow I placed below a regular pillow, but I haven't been able to find another one like it. Mind you I haven't looked as hard as I could....

I saw a commercial on late night TV. It said, "Forget everything you know about slipcovers." So I did. And it was a load off my mind. Then the commercial tried to sell me slipcovers, and I didn't know what the hell they were. -- Mitch Hedberg
Rumpy

Post by Rumpy »

My favourite pillow is a bamboo pillow. I forget where I got it. But what's great about it is that it never goes flat.
PC:
Ryzen 5 3600
32GB RAM
2x1TB NVMe Drives
GTX 1660 Ti
stessier

Post by stessier »

I require a reminder as to why raining arcane destruction is not an appropriate response to all of life's indignities. - Vaarsuvius
Global Steam Wishmaslist Tracking
Running____2014: 1300.55 miles____2015: 2036.13 miles____2016: 1012.75 miles____2017: 1105.82 miles____2018: 1318.91 miles__2019: 2000.00 miles
Jeff V

Post by Jeff V »

LawBeefaroni wrote: Mon Jan 23, 2023 11:50 am They figured out that people would pay $75+ for a pillow.

I don't sleep with pillows so I've never noticed and the wife always gets down pillows or faux down (is that a thing?).
I don't like down, the pointy ends of the feathers always poke out and are uncomfortable.

I prefer the ones that are supposed to be cool (temperature, not fashion). Predating marriage, I became accustomed to sleeping with 3 pillows, one under my brain case, another between my knees and the third supporting whichever arm I wasn't laying on. My wife doesn't much care for that arrangement, since I cannot sleep when she is snuggling or somesuch.
Black Lives Matter
LawBeefaroni
Forum Moderator

Post by LawBeefaroni »

Jeff V wrote: Tue Jan 24, 2023 12:28 am

I don't like down, the pointy ends of the feathers always poke out and are uncomfortable.

But I do get it. I think we have some kind of special cover or that's what the faux stuff does. No pointy feathers sticking out.
" Hey OP, listen to my advice alright." -Tha General
"No scientific discovery is named after its original discoverer." -Stigler's Law of Eponymy, discovered by Robert K. Merton

MYT
Pyperkub

Post by Pyperkub »

LawBeefaroni wrote:They figured out that people would pay $75+ for a pillow.

Especially Boomers and other old people who me better pillows and have money.

Sent from my SM-S908U1 using Tapatalk

Black Lives definitely Matter Lorini!

Also: There are three ways to not tell the truth: lies, damned lies, and statistics.
rittchard

Post by rittchard »

OK I ordered one :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Kraken

Post by Kraken »

rittchard wrote: Tue Jan 24, 2023 6:51 pm
OK I ordered one :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Adjustable? Or non-adjustable? :think:
stessier

Post by stessier »

Originally they were all adjustable and I got 2 . Ended up adjusting one but my wife was fine with the standard. Yesterday I ordered an adjustable gel one to see if it is cooler.
I require a reminder as to why raining arcane destruction is not an appropriate response to all of life's indignities. - Vaarsuvius
Global Steam Wishmaslist Tracking
Running____2014: 1300.55 miles____2015: 2036.13 miles____2016: 1012.75 miles____2017: 1105.82 miles____2018: 1318.91 miles__2019: 2000.00 miles
em2nought

Post by em2nought »

My Pillow is one of those down alternative styles for $19.99 at Ollie's. :wink:
"Four more years!" "Pause." LMAO