Republican House Mischief

For discussion of religion and politics

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, $iljanus

Grifman

Republican House Mischief

Post by Grifman »

So we have a Republican House, and rather than trying to govern, they are going to be all about investigations and causing whatever problems they can for Biden. So let’s start with this:

Tolerance is the virtue of the man without convictions. – G.K. Chesterton
El Guapo

Re: Republican House Mischief

Post by El Guapo »

Man, the way this was posted was INCREDIBLY misleading. The story in the first post is from January 2017 (which was really throwing me when I started to read the article because I didn't know that). The GOP reinstated this rule back then. The only news here as such is that one GOP member recently floated the idea of reviving that rule again. Is that likely to happen? Who knows.
Black Lives Matter.
stessier

Post by stessier »

El Guapo wrote: Thu Dec 15, 2022 11:45 am Man, the way this was posted was INCREDIBLY misleading. The story in the first post is from January 2017 (which was really throwing me when I started to read the article because I didn't know that). The GOP reinstated this rule back then. The only news here as such is that one GOP member recently floated the idea of reviving that rule again. Is that likely to happen? Who knows.
Also, the Senate has to vote on the bills and I have to imagine a Democratically controlled Senate won't go along with it.
I require a reminder as to why raining arcane destruction is not an appropriate response to all of life's indignities. - Vaarsuvius
Global Steam Wishmaslist Tracking
Running____2014: 1300.55 miles____2015: 2036.13 miles____2016: 1012.75 miles____2017: 1105.82 miles____2018: 1318.91 miles__2019: 2000.00 miles
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

stessier wrote: Thu Dec 15, 2022 11:50 am
El Guapo wrote: Thu Dec 15, 2022 11:45 am Man, the way this was posted was INCREDIBLY misleading. The story in the first post is from January 2017 (which was really throwing me when I started to read the article because I didn't know that). The GOP reinstated this rule back then. The only news here as such is that one GOP member recently floated the idea of reviving that rule again. Is that likely to happen? Who knows.
Also, the Senate has to vote on the bills and I have to imagine a Democratically controlled Senate won't go along with it.
Yup. Now, that doesn't mean that it wouldn't be a potential problem, as if the GOP House approves a giant omnibus bill that slashes the pay of a few employees disfavored by the GOP (say, Fauci and top IRS officials) you could wind up with a situation where the Democratic Senate and Biden have to decide between shutting down the government or swallowing that.

But that only comes into play if the rule gets revived.
Black Lives Matter.
Pyperkub

Post by Pyperkub »

GOP "Government" in action. Or should I say...

GOP Government "inaction"...

Immigration and inflation and deficits (attack platform in 2022) be damned...
Black Lives definitely Matter Lorini!

Also: There are three ways to not tell the truth: lies, damned lies, and statistics.
Holman

Post by Holman »

Rep. Paul Gosar (R-WhiteSupremacy) wrote:Remember - we will conduct a real investigation into J6. The effort to attempt a coup between traitor Gen. Mark Milley and Pelosi will be reviewed and exposed.
Much prefer my Nazis Nuremberged.
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

Wait, the Gozarian is trying blame 1/6 on Pelosi? Really?

Jaymann

Post by Jaymann »

How exactly is mischief different than follies?

Forget it, he's on a roll.
Jaymann
]==(:::::::::::::>
Black Lives Matter
waitingtoconnect

Post by waitingtoconnect »

El Guapo wrote: Thu Dec 15, 2022 11:58 am
Yup. Now, that doesn't mean that it wouldn't be a potential problem, as if the GOP House approves a giant omnibus bill that slashes the pay of a few employees disfavored by the GOP (say, Fauci and top IRS officials) you could wind up with a situation where the Democratic Senate and Biden have to decide between shutting down the government or swallowing that.

But all you need is 2 democrats to flip and it gets through. Not all of them. I cannot see Arizona and West Virginia not stepping up for the republicans sadlyz
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

Jaymann wrote: Mon Jan 09, 2023 10:36 pm How exactly is mischief different than follies?
I’m just waiting for the Shenanigans thread.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

It's almost as if people are the problem.
Alefroth

Post by Alefroth »

waitingtoconnect wrote: Tue Jan 10, 2023 12:23 am
El Guapo wrote: Thu Dec 15, 2022 11:58 am

But all you need is 2 democrats to flip and it gets through. Not all of them. I cannot see Arizona and West Virginia not stepping up for the republicans sadlyz
The filibuster still exists, right?