[HBO] The White Lotus

Everything else!

Moderators: Bakhtosh, EvilHomer3k

Carpet_pissr

Re: [HBO] The White Lotus

Post by Carpet_pissr »

Ok, thanks, but I also don’t remember anything bad happening. Maybe I stopped after E1?
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

Nothing horrible happens until the very end. And even that is less horrible and more bizarre. What does happen throughout the show is a lot of awful people do mean things to each other. Sometimes unwittingly. Sometimes not. It’s a story about people first and foremost.

Season 2 is a bit more sensationalist, but still very low key compared to what most tv shows are like.
He won. Period.
Carpet_pissr

Post by Carpet_pissr »

Fine, dammit, I’ll give it another shot.
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

In addition to what's mentioned above, S1 had a "Very Bad Things" vibe to it (to me). S2 had more of a slow burning murder/mystery feel. Also, the gays.
Maybe next year, maybe no go
YellowKing

Post by YellowKing »

Finally all caught up.

I preferred S1 to S2. My favorite thing about S1 was that it was a dark comedy. S2 seemed to forget the "comedy" part - it was just insanely bleak. While I still greatly enjoyed the performances and characters, I left depressed rather than wanting more.
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

Let's be honest, this is Jennifer Cooolidge's world and we're all just living in it.

This bit she did in her past made me laugh.
In a 2021 interview with Vulture, she recounted how she used to pretend to be the “least-known, completely fictional Hemingway daughter” named Muffin Hemingway. “One time I got thrown out of a club because I was behaving badly,” she recalled, “And they said, ‘Don’t ever come back here, Muffin!’”
Just put her in everything from now on. Please.
He won. Period.
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

Headed to Thailand for S3:
“The first season we highlighted money and then the second season is sex and I think the third season, it would be maybe a kind of satirical and funny look at death in Eastern religion and spirituality — it feels like it could be a rich tapestry to do another round at White Lotus,” he said.
There's lite spoilers in the article so avoid if you haven't watched. Also, why haven't you watched?
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

The just announced some of the cast for S3 a few days ago:
The White Lotus has confirmed at least a few of the guests who will be checking in for the HBO anthology series’ third season. Leslie Bibb, Dom Hetrakul, Jason Isaacs, Michelle Monaghan, Parker Posey, and Tayme Thapthimthong are all set to join the cast when the show begins production in Thailand next month, per Variety. The six join returning cast member Natasha Rothwell, who appeared in the show’s first season as Belinda, the spa manager who had her dreams dashed by Jennifer Coolidge’s Tanya McQuoid.
Parker Posey is going to be great, I think. I also just saw my internet girlfriend Carrie Coon will be part of it as well, which is terrific.

Not gonna lie, I'm kinda curious how they tie this new season to the previous two...
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

All I want is for them to bring back the gay resort manager from season 1.
Black Lives Matter.
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

That shit has sailed...
He won. Period.