Most lucrative/least time-consuming way to sell PC parts and games

For general computer discussion & help, come here

Moderators: Bakhtosh, EvilHomer3k

Dave Allen

Most lucrative/least time-consuming way to sell PC parts and games

Post by Dave Allen »

After 9 years, at age 68, we are moving again and I need to unload a life-time collection of used PC parts & boxed games.
I want to make the most possible for the least effort and waiting - looking for suggestions.
Jesus said, "Do not be afraid of those who kill the body but cannot kill the soul. Rather, be afraid of the One who can destroy both soul and body."[Matt 10:28] God can totally destroy us.

Jesus also said, "For my Father's will is that everyone who looks to the Son and believes in him shall have eternal life, and I will raise them up at the last day.”[John 6:40] Eternal life is conditional.

His disciple John wrote, "Whoever has the Son has eternal life; whoever does not have the Son of God does not have eternal life. [1 John 5:12] Eternal life is optional.
Daehawk

Re: Most lucrative/least time-consuming way to sell PC parts and games

Post by Daehawk »

Wish I was rich. Id just buy it all sight unseen and help ya out too.
--------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.
I guess Ray Butts has ate his last pancake.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/daehawk
"Has high IQ. Refuses to apply it"
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

Dave Allen wrote: Sun Nov 20, 2022 7:16 pm After 9 years, at age 68, we are moving again and I need to unload a life-time collection of used PC parts & boxed games.
I want to make the most possible for the least effort and waiting - looking for suggestions.
There may be a more informed answer coming (so wait and don't take my word for it), but I'd guess that your most viable route is going to be to research what you have and pick out the one-in-twenty items that are actually worth something to a collector (some old peripherals, for instance, can be valuable to retro builders, as can some old video cards (some 3dfx cards, for instance.) Those you're probably going to have to find a collector for, though, which means ebay (or similar.)

For the rest, it'll likely end up being more trouble than it's worth. Much of it will cost more to ship than it would bring in - nobody wants your old 56k modem or your boxed copy of Pants Pirates 5.

If you're looking for single-destination, no-research levels of effort... check if there are any vintage video game/electronics stores in your area and contact them, but expect a pittance (and expect them to hand half of it back to you once they go through it.) If there are none, you're probably going to end up donating it somewhere.
(˙pǝsɹǝʌǝɹ uǝǝq sɐɥ ʎʇıʌɐɹƃ ʃɐuosɹǝd ʎW)
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Some games sell well on ebay.
--------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.
I guess Ray Butts has ate his last pancake.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/daehawk
"Has high IQ. Refuses to apply it"