The Coming War - Trump vs. Desantis

For discussion of religion and politics

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, $iljanus

ImLawBoy
Forum Admin

Re: The Coming War - Trump vs. Desantis

Post by ImLawBoy »

LordMortis wrote: Mon Apr 24, 2023 1:14 pm How is he not a candidate when some PAC runs a "DeSantis won't back down" ad every hour on CNBC? Odd that his response is the epitome of backing down and being a spineless contrary to the ads I can't get away from.
PACs are (supposed to be) independent from a candidate's campaign. A PAC can run campaign ads for someone even if they're not running or for other nefarious purposes. PACs for D candidates were behind some of the ads supporting MAGA Rs in primary elections trying to get a more beatable candidate to run against in the general election.
That's my purse! I don't know you!
Grifman

Post by Grifman »

Florida changes law so DeSantis can run:

Tolerance is the virtue of the man without convictions. – G.K. Chesterton
Grifman

Post by Grifman »

This is just incredibly dumb:

What was he hoping to accomplish? He just looks weak, which plays to Trump’s strengths.
Grifman

Post by Grifman »

Heh, losers:

GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

What's the ketchup comment mean?
Defiant

Post by Defiant »

After then-Attorney General William Barr gave an interview to The Associated Press in December 2020 saying there was no widespread voter fraud, Trump was so enraged that he threw his plate of food at the wall, smearing it with ketchup, Hutchinson said.

“There was ketchup dripping down the wall and a shattered porcelain plate on the floor,” Hutchinson testified, noting that aides nearby conveyed the president was “extremely angry” at the Barr interview. She told the committee that she then grabbed a towel and started wiping the ketchup off the wall alongside a presidential valet.
https://www.politico.com/news/2022/06/2 ... s-00042914
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

ty.
Grifman

Post by Grifman »

And they’re off:

Grifman

Post by Grifman »

Forlorn hope?

malchior

Post by malchior »

I won't be surprised if DeSantis finishes behind one of the also rans to be honest. If you haven't seen some of his stops in NH...they are brutal. He is charisma free. He can't connect with voters. He is a worse Jeb Bush.
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

DeSantis is our best hope for media promoted Anti-Trump statements. We should all sit down and pray to our gods that they step into our world suddenly just now while they have toyed with us for years and years, and really eons, but I degress, we should pray to our gods that DeSantis has as much airtime as possible.
Octavious

Post by Octavious »

I'll never understand until the day I die the magical pull that Trump has on these morons. His record is HORRIBLE. Deficit? 8 Trillion in 4 years... Job - 2.7 Million. Trade deficit? Went up. But he owned the libs! Oh and 1 million something people died, but whatever. Oh and he lost in court for raping someone. Oh and he tried to stage a coup. But the libs. Seriously anyone that has a Trump flag outside is a lower lifeform imho. I so just want to pack up and go anywhere else.
Capitalism tries for a delicate balance: It attempts to work things out so that everyone gets just enough stuff to keep them from getting violent and trying to take other people’s stuff.

Shameless plug for my website: www.nettphoto.com
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

Octavious wrote: Wed May 24, 2023 7:51 pm I'll never understand until the day I die the magical pull that Trump has on these morons.
Because he is stiggin' it manifested. He says what they think and acts the way they want to act. His entire focus is seemingly to annoy or cause problems for the "other". Nothing else matters as we're about to see with the debt ceiling. There are boomers actively happy for it to happen knowing full well that it's going to impact their social security check because they believe it will hurt the "others" more.

DeSantis has no chance while TFG is still breathing. I'm guessing he knows that and is doing this for tax/money/fundraising reasons.
Maybe next year, maybe no go
Pyperkub

Post by Pyperkub »

AOC wins!

We had more people join when I played Among Us 👾
Quote Tweet
Ben Collins
@oneunderscore__
·
1h
David Sacks just ludicrously made up that Ron DeSantis' Twitter space was the largest group that "has ever met online." There are 100,000 people in this thing.
Black Lives definitely Matter Lorini!

Also: There are three ways to not tell the truth: lies, damned lies, and statistics.
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

Octavious wrote: Wed May 24, 2023 7:51 pm Seriously anyone that has a Trump flag outside is a lower lifeform imho.
Years ago, a Trump supporter could have simply been about "giving it a go" in order to inject a little "prime-time" into the powers-that-be.
By now, anyone that doesn't view that vote as being just absolutely horrid is either:
  • someone with no way of forgiving themselves of their original sin and are just hanging on to the idea that they are right. The 'good guy' that will just not update their data. I think this group is very small (maybe 15%)
  • some totally garbage person whose (previously secret) ugly opinions have been vindicated by Trump and refuse to lose hold of their most expedient path to righteousness. They will never let go. Never. And they are absolutely horrible people.
    They may care about their neighbor, they may care about their kid... but they are horrible/garbage people
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

Octavious wrote: Wed May 24, 2023 7:51 pm I'll never understand until the day I die the magical pull that Trump has on these morons. His record is HORRIBLE.
His record is spotless.

That's his secret. He started in on day one using his charisma to convince people that 'facts' weren't important, and turned that into a cult-level adoration in which anything that makes him look bad is simply incorrect (a lefty lie, a lib conspiracy theory, something concocted by the media, something from the deep state, etc.) At first he supplied the stories, and then his followers started fabricating them themselves. He doesn't even need to respond to a claim for it to be fully proven false in the eyes of his faithful.

That's why people keep getting surprised by Trump. His record is awful, and it seems like his base should be reacting to that, but they aren't. Non-MAGAs need to stop trying to rationalize Trump's support, because Trump's support isn't built on rationality. It's built on willful delusion.
(˙pǝsɹǝʌǝɹ uǝǝq sɐɥ ʎʇıʌɐɹƃ ʃɐuosɹǝd ʎW)
Carpet_pissr

Post by Carpet_pissr »

Also, many MAGA’s ONLY watch/read Fox News, which, well, I don’t think I need to explain that and how it would inform someone’s opinion about Trump specifically. They aren’t even seeing the bad stuff.
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

I think the Democrats need to change their advertising strategy and just hire a deprogrammer to write the ads.
(˙pǝsɹǝʌǝɹ uǝǝq sɐɥ ʎʇıʌɐɹƃ ʃɐuosɹǝd ʎW)
pr0ner

Post by pr0ner »

It's interesting seeing a Tweet from the DeSantis side criticizing Trump for making positive comments about Covid vaccines during an appearance in Iowa. It'll be interesting to watch how that plays out during the campaign.
Hodor.
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

Blackhawk wrote: Wed May 24, 2023 8:58 pm
Octavious wrote: Wed May 24, 2023 7:51 pm I'll never understand until the day I die the magical pull that Trump has on these morons. His record is HORRIBLE.
His record is spotless.

That's his secret. He started in on day one using his charisma to convince people that 'facts' weren't important, and turned that into a cult-level adoration in which anything that makes him look bad is simply incorrect (a lefty lie, a lib conspiracy theory, something concocted by the media, something from the deep state, etc.) At first he supplied the stories, and then his followers started fabricating them themselves. He doesn't even need to respond to a claim for it to be fully proven false in the eyes of his faithful.

That's why people keep getting surprised by Trump. His record is awful, and it seems like his base should be reacting to that, but they aren't. Non-MAGAs need to stop trying to rationalize Trump's support, because Trump's support isn't built on rationality. It's built on willful delusion.
Also Trump has been cultivating an appeal to the GOP base is essentially tribal. I am one of you, and I am a fighter, and I will do everything I can, including and especially fighting dirty, in order to defend you and defeat your enemies. If Trump is shown to have done something improper or dirty, then that just shows how he is fighting dirty to defend them, and besides the liberals are probably doing the same thing only worse to "us".
Black Lives Matter.
Carpet_pissr

Post by Carpet_pissr »

Agree with all of that except the ‘I am one of you’ part. His being a NEW YORK CITAAAA!? real estate mogul, having his own TV show, and generally having been an 80’s icon for the ‘rich and famous’ is nothing like them.

He’s an elite, but he’s THEIR elite…fighting fire with fire if you will.

A very big part of his support definitely comes from the ‘he knows all the tricks elites use (cheating)’ to win.
Grifman

Post by Grifman »

Ron DeSantis faced tough crowds at the Iowa State Fair, heckled by supporters of former president Trump as he tried to connect with fairgoers.

“We love Trump!” the crowd chanted while DeSantis flipped pork chops at the fair.

https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/4 ... ant-trump/