Grifman

Re: 2022 Midterm Election

Post by Grifman »

Cavalry to the rescue:

Tolerance is the virtue of the man without convictions. – G.K. Chesterton
Little Raven

Post by Little Raven »

Tonight has been AMAZING. Not only have the Democrats vastly overperformed expectations, but the ONLY bright spot for Republicans has been DeSantis absolutely dunking on Crist. Trump's candidates have almost all facepalmed.

Which means the odds that Trump returns to the ticket in 2024 just took a tremendous nosedive. And that, for me, is the best news of the night.
/. "She climbed backwards out her
\/ window into Outside Over There."
Kurth

Post by Kurth »

Little Raven wrote: Wed Nov 09, 2022 1:25 am Tonight has been AMAZING. Not only have the Democrats vastly overperformed expectations, but the ONLY bright spot for Republicans has been DeSantis absolutely dunking on Crist. Trump's candidates have almost all facepalmed.

Which means the odds that Trump returns to the ticket in 2024 just took a tremendous nosedive. And that, for me, is the best news of the night.
+1

Best possible result if it holds. Far better than I expected. I cannot wait to see the gloves come off between DeSantis and Trump.
Just 'cause you feel it, doesn't mean it's there -- Radiohead
Do you believe me? Do you trust me? Do you like me? 😳
malchior

Post by malchior »

I think Trump is announcing next week no matter what because it is best for Trump. He doesn't care about the GOP. I expect tomorrow will begin a non-stop campaign about how the Democrats stole *this* election. Edit: The basis of this statement is I've been watching the Fox coverage and they have spent all the time I've seen seeding so much doubt in their election "news" coverage. It's not outright election denial but it's pushing the boundaries.

You know it's bad when Karl Rove is the voice of reason. They have 6 talking heads saying it's really troubling that so many elections have so many problems. Rove is practically the only voice saying something along the lines of "the House hasn't been called because the races are real tight and that's normal"

If the Dems hold the House, it'll be nice because it takes the Biden impeachment off the table. However, lest people break out in song we will still be a nation where the status quo is horrible dysfunction.
Last edited by malchior on Wed Nov 09, 2022 1:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
Grifman

Post by Grifman »

There is a God:

Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

I wonder if Chuck Edwards is going to be as 'entertaining' as Madison Cawthorn was. And who will become MTG's BFF now that Boebert looks to be headed back to her food poisoning gig.
It's almost as if people are the problem.
Grifman

Post by Grifman »

Damn, so close . . .

But it doesn't matter how close it is, a R run House is going to be a disaster for the country.
waitingtoconnect

Post by waitingtoconnect »

malchior wrote: Tue Nov 08, 2022 10:32 pm Quick preview about how shitty this will get.

It’s tinpot country stuff where every president gets continually impeached “just because”. Bearing in mind these guys wanted to invade Australia to liberate us from Covid lockdowns.
waitingtoconnect

Grifman wrote: Wed Nov 09, 2022 1:50 am Damn, so close . . .

But it doesn't matter how close it is, a R run House is going to be a disaster for the country.
Given the amount of gerrymandering in Republican states that’s a massive Democrat win.
gilraen

Post by gilraen »

NBC just called PA Senate race for Fetterman.
malchior

Post by malchior »

Isgrimnur wrote: Wed Nov 09, 2022 1:49 am I wonder if Chuck Edwards is going to be as 'entertaining' as Madison Cawthorn was. And who will become MTG's BFF now that Boebert looks to be headed back to her food poisoning gig.
I think they closed the restaurant. :)

Luckily her husband has his half million dollar energy industry consulting gig that he landed right after his wife became a Congressperson. I'm sure that'll definitely survive her ejection from Congress...
malchior

Post by malchior »

gilraen wrote: Wed Nov 09, 2022 1:54 am NBC just called PA Senate race for Fetterman.
That makes sense. The majority of the vote counts outstanding are in suburbs where Biden smashed Oz and Fetterman is outperforming Biden.
malchior

Post by malchior »

One more observation that the Fox News desk did drop was the idea that it does appear in some of these races...the kids actually came out to vote. Ron Johnson's race in WI is much closer than people expected. They might have made a difference.
Grifman

Post by Grifman »

Gotta give it to the man:

waitingtoconnect

malchior wrote: Wed Nov 09, 2022 1:59 am One more observation that the Fox News desk did drop was the idea that it does appear in some of these races...the kids actually came out to vote. Ron Johnson's race in WI is much closer than people expected. They might have made a difference.
More reason to restrict voting to republicans only. /s
Grifman

Post by Grifman »

Republican tears:

Grifman

Post by Grifman »

malchior

Post by malchior »

Fetterman is speaking right now and he sounds a lot better than he did at the debate. You can imagine the pressure was a big factor in that performance.
Grifman

Post by Grifman »

You know, there's not a inconsiderable chance that the Democrats actually retain the House tonight . . .
Octavious

Post by Octavious »

Could this be what breaks the back of Trumps hold? This is 100 on him. They put up decent candidates and they be would have cleaned house.
Capitalism tries for a delicate balance: It attempts to work things out so that everyone gets just enough stuff to keep them from getting violent and trying to take other people’s stuff.

Shameless plug for my website: www.nettphoto.com
Grifman

Post by Grifman »

Octavious wrote: Wed Nov 09, 2022 2:43 am Could this be what breaks the back of Trumps hold? This is 100 on him. They put up decent candidates and they be would have cleaned house.

"Radical candidates" means MAGA.
Octavious

Post by Octavious »

I mean this is what I was hoping would happen but didn't hold much hope. Well minus Florida but screw that state.
Capitalism tries for a delicate balance: It attempts to work things out so that everyone gets just enough stuff to keep them from getting violent and trying to take other people’s stuff.

Alefroth

Post by Alefroth »

I don't think Warnock is going to make it to 50%
Grifman

Post by Grifman »

This is very good:

Fireball

Post by Fireball »

American democracy will endure.
Wed Oct 20, 2004 1:17 am
Zarathud: The sad thing is that Barak Obama is a very intelligent and articulate person, even when you disagree with his views it's clear that he's very thoughtful. I would have loved to see Obama in a real debate.
Me: Wait 12 years, when he runs for president. :-)
Grifman

Post by Grifman »

Things are getting interesting:

Grifman

Post by Grifman »

Grifman

Post by Grifman »

This may be it. There aren’t enough votes left to change the result:

Octavious

Post by Octavious »

Wow I really didn't think she would get booted. I'm sure she will graciously accept defeat. Lake is already screaming around like Trump 2.0. They really are going to get people killed in Arizona.

Formix

Post by Formix »

Isgrimnur wrote: Wed Nov 09, 2022 1:49 am I wonder if Chuck Edwards is going to be as 'entertaining' as Madison Cawthorn was. And who will become MTG's BFF now that Boebert looks to be headed back to her food poisoning gig.
Man, we were really much closer to defeating him than I expected. He's more your garden variety old school country R. Which is good, and bad.
Jaymann

Post by Jaymann »

Taking out the trash, one blowbert at a time.
Jaymann
]==(:::::::::::::>
Black Lives Matter
Kurth

Post by Kurth »

WTF is up with Arizona? Why do they only have 56% of the vote in at 12:30 AM? They say it’s going to take them until Friday to finish their count. Why??
Kurth

Post by Kurth »

Given how close the race for control of the house is at this point, it’s going to kill me if my neighboring district OR5 goes to the GOP.

OR5 was redrawn taking it from a safe Dem seat to a much more balanced, competitive district. So, of course, they primaried the 7 term moderate Dem incumbent (Schrader) in favor of a progressive liberal candidate (McLeod-Skinner).

The GOP is poised to take the seat. It’s too close to call right now, but it’s not looking great. What a self-own if the Dems don’t hold that seat.
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

Grifman wrote: Wed Nov 09, 2022 3:08 am This is very good:

At least that's no little victory.

Reports are this morning that MAGA candidates lose while more traditional conservative candidates win. We'll see what that means come January. Do we dare to hope?

It appears as though RvW may have saved my state at first glance. More voters voted to enshrine reproductive rights in the state constitution than voted to retain the governor and attorney general. Retaining the SoS had a more voters than did reproductive rights support.

https://www.michiganradio.org/politics- ... on-results
Last edited by LordMortis on Wed Nov 09, 2022 8:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
RunningMn9

Post by RunningMn9 »

Of the four races that mattered most to me, it at east appears that three went my way. Unfortunately the one that didn’t is the one that most directly affects me, and I’m back to have a garbage person Trump disciple as a Congressperson. Tom Kean, Jr. is now my representative. Gross.
And in banks across the world
Christians, Moslems, Hindus, Jews
And every other race, creed, colour, tint or hue
Get down on their knees and pray
The raccoon and the groundhog neatly
Make up bags of change
But the monkey in the corner
Well he's slowly drifting out of range
Grifman

Post by Grifman »

Oh, things have tightened a lot in AZ in both the governor and senate race. They were both well in the lead with over 50% of the vote counted, now they both lead by only about 1.5%. It’s obviously fraud, right?
stessier

Post by stessier »

Carpet_pissr wrote: Tue Nov 08, 2022 10:35 pm Ugh. Educashun in SC is gonna go from bad to badder.

We just elected a real doozie to Superintendent of Education. Wife is already talking about ‘serious options’ for remaining two in school.
Yeah, this one is going to be bad. I've got an 11th grader and an 8th grader. Maybe she can't mess things up very quickly...
I require a reminder as to why raining arcane destruction is not an appropriate response to all of life's indignities. - Vaarsuvius
Global Steam Wishmaslist Tracking
Running____2014: 1300.55 miles____2015: 2036.13 miles____2016: 1012.75 miles____2017: 1105.82 miles____2018: 1318.91 miles__2019: 2000.00 miles
Exodor

Post by Exodor »

Grifman wrote: Wed Nov 09, 2022 3:08 am This is very good:

This is better than I could have hoped for. As long as Finichem loses in AZ I think all the election-denying SOS candidates lost.

Maybe Democracy will live for another 2 years. :horse:
Carpet_pissr

Post by Carpet_pissr »

stessier wrote: Wed Nov 09, 2022 9:24 am
Carpet_pissr wrote: Tue Nov 08, 2022 10:35 pm Ugh. Educashun in SC is gonna go from bad to badder.

We just elected a real doozie to Superintendent of Education. Wife is already talking about ‘serious options’ for remaining two in school.
Yeah, this one is going to be bad. I've got an 11th grader and an 8th grader. Maybe she can't mess things up very quickly...
Last minute backstab move by outgoing coward Spearman to endorse her after saying she wouldn’t endorse either one.

Problem here is the new one is very much the guvnah’s puppet. It’s going to be bad. While Spearman would not stand up or go against him in public, behind the scenes she was very sensible. She would push back internally on the more extreme ideas from the Governor’s office. This one will not.
Skinypupy

Post by Skinypupy »

Will be interesting to see how Lake spins gaining overnight votes leading to her possible victory (blech) as somehow not being fraud. Especially after spending months telling everyone who would listen how any votes counted after midnight is absolutely, 100%, without a doubt proof of election fraud and that the counting should stop on election day.
When darkness veils the world, four Warriors of Light shall come.