Fortnite: Battle Royale

If it's a video game it goes here.

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, Arcanis, $iljanus

stessier

Re: Fortnite: Battle Royale

Post by stessier »

If you liked using lightsabers, they are back.
I require a reminder as to why raining arcane destruction is not an appropriate response to all of life's indignities. - Vaarsuvius
Global Steam Wishmaslist Tracking
Running____2014: 1300.55 miles____2015: 2036.13 miles____2016: 1012.75 miles____2017: 1105.82 miles____2018: 1318.91 miles__2019: 2000.00 miles
Baroquen

Post by Baroquen »

Chapter 1 Map returning?

According to the site -
"Leakers have revealed details about the next Season of Fortnite Battle Royale, including the surprising news that the original Island will be returning.

With the v26.30 update earlier today, data miners discovered new files that reintroduced old assets from Season 5 of Chapter 1 to the game. A billboard at MEGA City in-game was also seen displaying what appears to be a video of the old Fortnite sky effects."

I've barely played this season/chapter/whatever but I thought this was interesting. I might have to update and play some in November.
stessier

Post by stessier »

I've only been playing for 15 months, so the original island would still be all new to me!
I require a reminder as to why raining arcane destruction is not an appropriate response to all of life's indignities. - Vaarsuvius
Running____2014: 1300.55 miles____2015: 2036.13 miles____2016: 1012.75 miles____2017: 1105.82 miles____2018: 1318.91 miles__2019: 2000.00 miles
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Im still not playing well. I can have what I consider to be a great loadout for me...like 2 gold weps 2 purple and a health spray along with full shields and health and every time a solo player will kill me in a few shots with some murder weapon. With this kinda load out I should be grabbing 1st place over and over not 20th 30th or even the 2nds Ive gotten. I just die SO FAST to someone everytime. I may killed 5 people on my way to end of map but then WHAM one guy.
--------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.
I guess Ray Butts has ate his last pancake.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/daehawk
"Has high IQ. Refuses to apply it"
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Liking the return to the OG stuff. Fun and simple old map and everything.
stessier

Post by stessier »

Wow, how did this game ever take off? The OG map, weapons, and mechanics are the worst.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

stessier wrote: Sat Nov 04, 2023 10:03 am Wow, how did this game ever take off? The OG map, weapons, and mechanics are the worst.
Lamer :)

I beta'd Fortnite. You'd not recognize it from its original design. Back then there was a day night cycle and you were out in the day foraging stuff to build a fort for the night because zombies came. Hence the name Fort Nite. Wasn't a battle royal back then. Heck dont think there was even the concept. If so it was just in it's infancy and starting to take hold. The devs ran with it and totally redid their work.
stessier

Post by stessier »

Ok - still sucks. I'm glad it's only going on until 12/2.
Baroquen

Post by Baroquen »

Yeah, I felt recent new seasons had been getting kind of crazy. But, the OG thing feels pretty stark. The biggest thing is that I'm not feeling compelled to play another round. I played two rounds this morning to knock out dailies. Even got my first victory in who knows how long. And I had no trouble putting the controller down and going to play something else. I ended playing 9 or 10 matches of Rocket League (because I got the free premium battle pass with Fortnite crew purchase), and that had more of a 'one more game' feel. Even though I suck at it.

I'm going to keep playing but probably not as much as I have in previous seasons.
stessier

Post by stessier »

I'm assuming the "Waiting in Queue" thing is from the OG season as well. Not a good experience today though. I'm thinking I'm just going to wait for December.
Baroquen

Post by Baroquen »

My queue wait was 10 mins on Friday, 7 on Friday night, and down to 2 mins yesterday. Apparently, this nostalgic chapter has been really popular.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

1 min last night none today.
Reemul

Post by Reemul »

New concurrent player reocrd of 6.1 million players. obviously some like it
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Spoke too soon...7 min now. I haven't played enough to get the map opened up yet even.
Baroquen

Post by Baroquen »

I've uncovered all the areas... except Tilted Towers. Hate the sweats at that place.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Opened it all up. Haven't found a favorite place to land yet. In the last map it was the gas station in the middle with small trailer park with it. Always chests there, the locked ones too and in the middle of the map so not a lot of running to stay inside the storm walls.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

I finally got a win on the new map.

Enlarge Image

Really like the akimbo purple pistols....but in the end the green drum shotgun still comes out a winner :P

EDIT: Nabbed another one. Thought there were 4 of us left but nope only 2 of us lol...snipe
Enlarge Image
stessier

Post by stessier »

New season is really a culture shock coming from the OG version. Only got to play for about an hour, but looking forward to digging in more over the weekend.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

I only got 2 drops on the new map myself. When I went back there was a 13 minute wait to get in. Im not waiting that long.
YellowKing

Post by YellowKing »

I downloaded it as well so I can play with my son. I haven't played in about a year. Also looking forward to the Fortnite Fest music mode thing since I love all things Harmonix.
Baroquen

Post by Baroquen »

Everyone is up in arms about the changes in movement. I noticed, but it isn't bothering me too much. Already have a victory royale and some deep finishes.

I think I might like the Racing component. Couldn't care less about Lego, or Family Guy (or Snake). My kids thing TMNT collab is coming.

Fun, but not sure how much I'll play this season. We'll see.
stessier

Post by stessier »

Lego Fortnite is very close to being Lego Minecraft. I'm having fun with it.
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

Baroquen wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2023 7:27 pm Everyone is up in arms about the changes in movement. I noticed, but it isn't bothering me too much. Already have a victory royale and some deep finishes.

I think I might like the Racing component. Couldn't care less about Lego, or Family Guy (or Snake). My kids thing TMNT collab is coming.

Fun, but not sure how much I'll play this season. We'll see.
My 11 YO son was very upset about the movement changes. Personally I didn't really notice.

I'm also enjoying the racing, though finding it super easy so far. Maybe the courses will get more complicated, we'll see.
Black Lives Matter.
Baroquen

Post by Baroquen »

Yeah so -

Fortnite Festival = Guitar Hero
Fortnite Lego = Minecraft
Fortnite Racing = Mario Kart

All were fun to varying extents. My 8th grade son loves it. Doubt I'll be sinking lots of time in them, to grind cosmetics and battle passes though.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Ran one race..came in 3rd.
coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

El Guapo wrote: Sun Dec 10, 2023 2:17 pm I'm also enjoying the racing, though finding it super easy so far. Maybe the courses will get more complicated, we'll see.
My kids have me back to playing Fortnite again and when they aren't around for duos/trios I've been playing Rocket Racing. I won pretty much every race up to Silver 3 and in Gold 1 I am generally placing 4-5th with the occasional podium finish, the tracks do get more interesting, but the players are definitely more competitive at these higher ranks.
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

coopasonic wrote: Wed Jan 10, 2024 12:59 pm
El Guapo wrote: Sun Dec 10, 2023 2:17 pm I'm also enjoying the racing, though finding it super easy so far. Maybe the courses will get more complicated, we'll see.
My kids have me back to playing Fortnite again and when they aren't around for duos/trios I've been playing Rocket Racing. I won pretty much every race up to Silver 3 and in Gold 1 I am generally placing 4-5th with the occasional podium finish, the tracks do get more interesting, but the players are definitely more competitive at these higher ranks.
Yeah, I posted that during the Bronze rankings. I'm at Silver III now as well and doing well enough, but my days of winning races are seemingly over.

Also hitting a wall in Ranked Zero Build. Doing well enough until Silver III, but now 70% of the time the first guy I run into wipes me in like two or three shots.
Black Lives Matter.
coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

El Guapo wrote: Wed Jan 10, 2024 4:26 pm
Yeah, I posted that during the Bronze rankings. I'm at Silver III now as well and doing well enough, but my days of winning races are seemingly over.

Also hitting a wall in Ranked Zero Build. Doing well enough until Silver III, but now 70% of the time the first guy I run into wipes me in like two or three shots.
The key to advancing in ranked zero build, in my experience, is to have your kids carry you. Your rank moves up even if they are getting all the kills. :D
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Im doing awful. I can have what I consider a great loadout going and think this is it...then someone just wipes me.
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

coopasonic wrote: Wed Jan 10, 2024 6:30 pm
El Guapo wrote: Wed Jan 10, 2024 4:26 pm

The key to advancing in ranked zero build, in my experience, is to have your kids carry you. Your rank moves up even if they are getting all the kills. :D
Yeah, but the more my rank advances the faster I'll die.
Black Lives Matter.
coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

Apparently I got matched up with a bunch of pre-schoolers this morning. Unranked Solo win with 10 kills. Four times I heard shots, ran over to find 1v1s in the open and killed the survivor and in two of those, sniped both players. In the end, as it was shrinking to the final circle, patience (and positioning) paid of. The other person made a run for the circle and my purple auto-shotty ended things quickly.
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

ive come upon 2 players fighting it out and i swear they cant hit a barn. ive sat many time at least 3 minutes just watching bullets wiz all over and they run and jump. I finally get bored and kill them usually lol. Ive never seen such horrible aim. My fights last 5 -10 seconds..either I die or they do. but these guys sometimes are fun to watch. Ive even been hit by a stray bullet as I watch lol.
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

coopasonic wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2024 1:23 pm Apparently I got matched up with a bunch of pre-schoolers this morning. Unranked Solo win with 10 kills. Four times I heard shots, ran over to find 1v1s in the open and killed the survivor and in two of those, sniped both players. In the end, as it was shrinking to the final circle, patience (and positioning) paid of. The other person made a run for the circle and my purple auto-shotty ended things quickly.
FWIW whenever my son finds someone who is really easy to kill he says that they must have been a bot. Not really sure exactly how fortnite uses bots, but from google seems like they do have them in games?
Black Lives Matter.
coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

Yeah, I know bots are a thing and they are generally pretty bad, but I can't tell you when I am fighting them because there are lots of people that are also pretty bad, including me, most of the time.
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

El Guapo wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2024 11:15 am
coopasonic wrote: Wed Jan 10, 2024 6:30 pm
El Guapo wrote: Wed Jan 10, 2024 4:26 pm Also hitting a wall in Ranked Zero Build. Doing well enough until Silver III, but now 70% of the time the first guy I run into wipes me in like two or three shots.
Yeah, but the more my rank advances the faster I'll die.
My youngest and I made it to Plat I in Ranked zero build yesterday. Ouch. Going back to unranked feels so easy by comparison. I got 16 elims in an unranked solo match over the weekend.... still lost, freakin ballistic shield. One day I will learn to use movement items.

I'm still playing Rocket Racing. I'm in Gold III now and I think my best has been 3rd with a LOT of 7-9th place finishes. I find it fun and completing the dailies really boosts my battle pass level. I'll play for 20-25 minutes and get 2 levels. I think it's also worth playing Minecr... errr LEGO Fortnite for the free levels there as well. Though there aren't dailies or weeklies so you can grab it all in like an hour.
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

People are using my own tactic against me at the end....wait on others to kill each other then jump in. My last 3 rounds ended with me killing2 guys fighting each other then being jumped as Im trying to run or heal.
coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

Daehawk wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 1:40 pm People are using my own tactic against me at the end....wait on others to kill each other then jump in. My last 3 rounds ended with me killing2 guys fighting each other then being jumped as Im trying to run or heal.
I'm not sure you get to claim that tactic as your own. We all run to the shooting to take advantage of the opportunity. Some of us are just less patient. I like to shield break each participant from range then kill the one with the advantage (better cover, high ground, etc) first. I rarely take damage to anything but the regen shield in those encounters as they continue to focus on each other and it's usually quick enough that 4th parties don't arrive in time.

It does amuse me to hear two people fighting for like 30+ seconds, then I roll in and 15 seconds later they are both dead and I see they both had common weapons. No worry you couldn't kill each other! :D

I need to get better at keeping myself in cover though. On the plus side, I am generally well geared early due to my rotation so I don't usually even bother looking at the loot. I really need to branch out and find more drop spots though asI am starting to hardly even pay attention as I go through the motions.

Unranked k/d is over 3 now. Compared with my k/d in my old PUBG days, that's amazing. I guess there were a lot fewer casuals in PUBG.
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

hehe Ill be in a house looting and hear two players going at it outside nearby. I just keep looting unless the two outside just keep shooting and shooting then I have to go see wtf is taking them so long.

Ive found them to be shooting away and I can see the bullets and they are nowhere near the enemy player they are shooting at. Ive sat there at least once for like 3 min watching 2 players dance. I get tired of it and kill them eventually. Then Im kinda sad I killed such obvious newbies and wonder how much longer they could have gone at it.

And lately Ive died twice to the damn storm closing in. I feel like such a noob when I allow myself to die to the storm. All those purple weps just pop out and no one can rech them.

Other times ive started at the very edge of the map because I want to see a new area and ive had to race the storm by foot because i cant find a damn car. And I do that the entire match..barely ahead of it and cant find crap for loot. Half the time I simply die at the end which pisses me off as I spent all that time trying to just get there and the other half I win which is huge surprise because Ive done nothing but try to stay ahead of the storm.

Still no wins this new map though. I seem to do worse and worse each new map. I miss the old map I first started on .
coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

5 unranked solo wins now. The kids are no longer carrying me in matches. I finished the battle pass a couple days ago, still playing because I am enjoying myself and there isn't much else calling my attention also I keep advancing the survivor medal and that makes me happy. it takes 7 kills eliminations to advance it now which is starting to feel less like a survivor medal. :P

In Rocket Racing, I am close to hitting Platinum 2. I can still win the occasional race, but I am really just doing it for the dailies.
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

I was doing real good last night until I made a noob mistake. I killed 2 people and went to loot the junk when I didn't need it....I had purple and a gold weapon and had my max of money I could carry with tons of ammo. Its just so ingrained in me to run loot everything like ammo and money just to see what else they had...I love surprises and presents so I ran out there like a fool and as I was reloading and looking at a gun on the ground I got sniper one shot by someone wit ha gold sniper rifle..sigh.