Fortnite: Battle Royale

If it's a video game it goes here.

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, Arcanis, $iljanus

Daehawk

Re: Fortnite: Battle Royale

Post by Daehawk »

Both wins came on maps I wasn't actually there to win on. I was only doing quests for a new glider and such....like destroy halloween decorations at houses or ring a doorbell until it falls off and such. Just ended up winning those anyways.
--------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.
I guess Ray Butts has ate his last pancake.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/daehawk
"Has high IQ. Refuses to apply it"
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

Baroquen wrote: Tue Oct 25, 2022 1:09 am Two wins in a row.

OR - take out a winner, take his/her crown and win. I think that'll up your pillow count too.

Don't get too caught up in it though. When it was introduced a couple of seasons back, players (of course) found ways to work the system and artificially inflate their win counts to insane amounts. Also - it will reset each season.

It'd be fun to taunt my son, but he always has a higher total than me. :D
I believe that it shows the number of wins in a row. So the number also resets every time that you don't win.
Black Lives Matter.
stessier

Post by stessier »

El Guapo wrote: Tue Oct 25, 2022 11:33 am
Baroquen wrote: Tue Oct 25, 2022 1:09 am Two wins in a row.

OR - take out a winner, take his/her crown and win. I think that'll up your pillow count too.

Don't get too caught up in it though. When it was introduced a couple of seasons back, players (of course) found ways to work the system and artificially inflate their win counts to insane amounts. Also - it will reset each season.

It'd be fun to taunt my son, but he always has a higher total than me. :D
I believe that it shows the number of wins in a row. So the number also resets every time that you don't win.
Baroquen is correct about everything. :) It resets at the start of a new season.

Also, it is a count of the number of times you win while you are in possession of a crown. You can get a crown by winning or by picking one up during the game. Anyone who is eliminated while in possession of a crown, drops a crown. Thus your count will go up if you win back-to-back or managed to win while stealing someone else's crown.
I require a reminder as to why raining arcane destruction is not an appropriate response to all of life's indignities. - Vaarsuvius
Global Steam Wishmaslist Tracking
Running____2014: 1300.55 miles____2015: 2036.13 miles____2016: 1012.75 miles____2017: 1105.82 miles____2018: 1318.91 miles__2019: 2000.00 miles
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Ive been trying for days to finish one quest...destroy haunted furniture. Im sitting at 6 of 7 and I have no idea what I destroyed to get those first six. Ive gone to grim gables and other areas and destroyed furniture and Halloween decoration and such but I cant seem to figure out what it is I break to get that last piece counted. And it wont show me a place to do it on the map like other quests.
stessier

Post by stessier »

Daehawk wrote: Wed Oct 26, 2022 1:48 pm Ive been trying for days to finish one quest...destroy haunted furniture. Im sitting at 6 of 7 and I have no idea what I destroyed to get those first six. Ive gone to grim gables and other areas and destroyed furniture and Halloween decoration and such but I cant seem to figure out what it is I break to get that last piece counted. And it wont show me a place to do it on the map like other quests.
The other place is Greasy Grove (there are also a few little shacks in the north west area of that realm that can also have a few pieces). You know furniture is haunted if it is floating around (usually with a silver/blue white aura surrounding it). I think there are 4 pieces in each location. You are supposed to be able to complete the quest by destroying any combination of pieces (and you can totally destroy the same piece more than once in different run throughs).
I require a reminder as to why raining arcane destruction is not an appropriate response to all of life's indignities. - Vaarsuvius
Running____2014: 1300.55 miles____2015: 2036.13 miles____2016: 1012.75 miles____2017: 1105.82 miles____2018: 1318.91 miles__2019: 2000.00 miles
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Thanks. Ill try that area next time and keep an eye out for flying furniture. Never been able to kill the inquisitor at Grim. Had him down once but a player killed me. You just cant get other to help even if you ignore them to fight him they kill you then they fight him and die..dumbasses.
stessier

Post by stessier »

Daehawk wrote: Wed Oct 26, 2022 3:22 pm Thanks. Ill try that area next time and keep an eye out for flying furniture. Never been able to kill the inquisitor at Grim. Had him down once but a player killed me. You just cant get other to help even if you ignore them to fight him they kill you then they fight him and die..dumbasses.
Yes - SO ANNOYING! I had the same problem with the Herald. I finally got her when someone was kind enough to let me finish her off before taking me out. I figure I'll take on the Grim House when I play with my family this weekend. It's much easier when you have a group of 3 or 4 coordinating.
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

stessier wrote: Wed Oct 26, 2022 3:49 pm
Daehawk wrote: Wed Oct 26, 2022 3:22 pm Thanks. Ill try that area next time and keep an eye out for flying furniture. Never been able to kill the inquisitor at Grim. Had him down once but a player killed me. You just cant get other to help even if you ignore them to fight him they kill you then they fight him and die..dumbasses.
Yes - SO ANNOYING! I had the same problem with the Herald. I finally got her when someone was kind enough to let me finish her off before taking me out. I figure I'll take on the Grim House when I play with my family this weekend. It's much easier when you have a group of 3 or 4 coordinating.
I just wish that they still had the Kamehameha blasts still in the game...that was great for taking out Vader. :)

Haven't tried the Inquisitor yet. Probably I'll take a crack at it, fail, and then never try again.
Black Lives Matter.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Finally got the last piece of furniture at Grim Gables. But I just cant kill the Inquisitor.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Its so damn easy. I dont understand the deaths where I dont get here lol

Enlarge Image
stessier

Post by stessier »

New season should be starting sometime after 3am! (Severs are offline for upgrades until around then.)
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

DAMNIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ive waited a month for the fracture and I missed it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! %^&*%^&$^&$%^&$%^&
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

Daehawk wrote: Sat Dec 03, 2022 6:29 pm DAMNIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ive waited a month for the fracture and I missed it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! %^&*%^&$^&$%^&$%^&
You didn't miss much. My son and I tried to log in for it starting ~ 25 minutes before the event started, and were never able to successfully log in. Apparently a lot (most?) of people who did manage to log in got booted off. Bad server problems.

Also for those who did manage to get in and stay in the "gameplay" was running around for half an hour running into shiny balls.
Black Lives Matter.
Baroquen

Post by Baroquen »

Yeah, I was able to stay logged in, and that description is pretty accurate. Yes - it was more active than some chapter finales where you pretty much just ran around. But in terms of what actually happened - well, if you didn't get in, you didn't miss much.

Barely played during the last season. All that Chrome stuff (and the weird tree stuff before that) didn't do a lot for me. Will check things out tomorrow and see if it is more interesting to me.
stessier

Post by stessier »

I got in and yeah, it was collecting orbs. The video you get when you login for the first time this chapter summed up the narrative well.

I'm liking the new weapons and settings so far. I miss my prime shotgun, but having the bow & arrows back is fun.
Baroquen

Post by Baroquen »

I'm liking the new chapter/season/whatever so far too. The new world has lots of locations that remind me of past entertaining worlds, and there's no crazy chrome/world tree mechanics. Season skins are mediocre, though I look forward to getting the Hulk if that ends up being an option later.

The bad news would be that I was getting slaughtered in every round. Whether that's because of 1) my already poor skills have declined further, 2) a start of season return of better players or 3) playing with my son and his matchmaking pool of sweaty players - who knows. But any time I encountered just about anyone - my round shortly ended. /sigh

Will play some more later.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Its still a bit laggy to play. Getting a few slows and loads. Guess its the entire new world loading stuff. Had a bazooka. I like the motorbikes being able to ride and shoot.I need to somehow turn off the mouse control of the bike so I can steer wit harrows and look around and shoot with mouse.

Look forward to learning the new map.

Hey they have Geralt. Thats a cool license to get.
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

Played some tonight. I had fun but the lag was absolutely brutal. I assume some of is just the crash of people with a new chapter.
Black Lives Matter.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

My sound has been all over the place. Its not coming from the correct speaker and stuff at times. Other times its fine. Really impossible to play when the sound is not right.
stessier

Post by stessier »

I played a lot this weekend and everything was pretty stable and not laggy outside of the first match of each session. It was like the system was still loading textures and whatnot and I'd quickly die. After that game, though, it was smooth sailing.

There is one other bug that seems to pop up randomly - not being able to run. Happened once each day and it is super annoying. Everything else works, but you hit the run key and...nothing happens - just keep jogging. I feel like there should be an emote I can use after getting eliminated in those games that says "I'm not really this bad, I just couldn't run!"

My brother plays on the Xbox and said that besides the running bug, they also have one where they can get stuck in the Build mode and will never be able to leave until eliminated. Talk about frustrating.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

I cant keep playing this with this sound problems. The sound is not coming from the right speakers. I cant tell where people are or are firing from..sometimes its to my left when they are to my right...other times it just seems wrong . Totally confusing.
stessier

Post by stessier »

Daehawk wrote: Wed Dec 14, 2022 1:00 am I cant keep playing this with this sound problems. The sound is not coming from the right speakers. I cant tell where people are or are firing from..sometimes its to my left when they are to my right...other times it just seems wrong . Totally confusing.
I forgot about that - yes, definitely something messed up there.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Died again easy. My sound was futzed again so I attempted to finagle it into betterness and it just simply went fully away. No sound at all for the game then. That is when you get in a car and stay there cause you cant hear anything around you or if you're being shot. I finally died atop a mountain. Snow was nice :P

Is this new map small or is it just me. The game has an uncanny ability to make distances seem off,,...waaaaaaay over there is just a small jaunt and "that looks close" is waaaaay over there. That sort of thing.

Anyways the sound is my chief and only complaint. I can deal with anything else. But audio cues that dont work I cannot.
stessier

Post by stessier »

I thought the map felt bigger. I really like it - I find it more interesting than the last one.
Baroquen

Post by Baroquen »

stessier wrote: Thu Dec 15, 2022 7:38 am I thought the map felt bigger. I really like it - I find it more interesting than the last one.
I like it too. Familiar but different.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

I cant play with the sound f'd up like this. I hear someone I turn no one there and I get shot from behind. I hear a sound one way and the on screen noise alert points another. I stay confused and die. Im done
stessier

Post by stessier »

All the games I play today no longer have the issue. It's working pretty well.
AWS260

Post by AWS260 »

Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Bout had it up to there with this game. Ive done awful since the update and tonight I was so close...took 2nd...but shoulda had first. Pissed me off I almost broke my hand and floor punching and stomping around cussing. I think I maybe should just step away from it. its just making me mad as hell. All I get is battle stars which are useless to me as I dont pay for a sub.
stessier

Post by stessier »

Daehawk wrote: Wed Dec 21, 2022 8:12 pm Bout had it up to there with this game. Ive done awful since the update and tonight I was so close...took 2nd...but shoulda had first. Pissed me off I almost broke my hand and floor punching and stomping around cussing. I think I maybe should just step away from it. its just making me mad as hell. All I get is battle stars which are useless to me as I dont pay for a sub.
You can use the stars to eventually get enough free V-bucks to get the Battlepass. Once you do that once, there are enough free V-bucks to continue getting the Battlepass (assuming you play enough). It took me 6 months to get my first one free.
stessier

Post by stessier »

Since the family is isolating due to COVID, I am alone in the computer room. I have played 41 matches today. That's about 10 hours given the average match length. I think I might have a problem.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Thanks Santa!

Enlarge Image
stessier

Post by stessier »

Here are some wrap up stats from FN Zone Wrap.

Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

This map is still feeling small to me. Seems the bus flys over it fast too. And half of it is a crevasse filled snow map and I hate that part. I try to stay in the warmer areas.

Also I miss all the gas stations. Theres only a couple now. I always found a gun and a car there in the past.

I do love the motorbikes. Shooting and riding is nice. They are a little bit slippery though and fishtail.

Wish they'd give us some good quests to fulfill. Right now Im just shooting players. I always liked having to avoid players while doing objectives to get new visual loot.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

I hate that hammer.

1. I dont know how to use it well.
2. Others know how to use it well.

They use it to travel and jump. You'll hear them them bouncing around you nearby BOOM BOOM...cant even find a safe place to drink a shield potion. Came in third. Without that silly hammer I would have had 1st place.
Last edited by Daehawk on Wed Jan 04, 2023 6:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Baroquen

Post by Baroquen »

I love the hammer. I can't use those shock grenades well, but I can bounce mightily with the hammer. I like to use it to get away from better players, or to quickly get to the circle when needed. I rarely use it well as an offensive weapon.
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

Yeah I use the hammer almost exclusively to jump as well. It doesn't seem especially complicated to use it that way, although I have never been able to use it well as an offensive weapon (which others seem to be able to do well enough to kill me).
Black Lives Matter.
stessier

Post by stessier »

I dislike the hammer because it limits the options. If the person I'm fighting has one, I pretty much have to have one. I've won without it when facing someone with it, but that's more the exception than the rule.

Also, I've switched to playing strictly Zero Build - it's so much more fun! I was playing with my brother and his son where we had a running fire fight across three circles. Other people kept joining the battle and we had to mow them all down to keep running. I think we figured out afterwards that we had eliminated 24 people as a team.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

I may try zero build. Theres so many times I will shoot someone and just as that FIRST bullet hits them,,..even if their back is to me...a wall instantly pops up between me and them. I just blast it away or use nades but it seems VERY fishy just how fast and perfectly placed those walls pop up.

I almost always find myself needing one more slot..just one. Id like to be able to drop my melee wep once I have a gun and use that slot for something else. Once you have one gun you dont really need that melee wep any longer to open and bash stuff. Id like a loadout like fast smg, shotgun, assault rifle, sniper rifle, then shield and health. But I have to give up a slot all the time. Usually I try to always have a shield potion and health of some kind. Then its a tossup to the quality of the rifle or the shotgun. I also like the long range sniper rifle. Im not big on pistol , melee, or smg that much UNLESS the pistol is a high quality one blue or higher. I love a fast high damage pistol because they are much more accurate then a smg.

Am I right in damage quality ranking as .....?

grey
green
blue
purple
orange
gold
iceblue
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

I think I'm going to start doing zero build more. I've pretty much only played normal Battle Royale thus far, since it felt a bit like cheating to cut out the build part of the game. But the whole "throw up a building when you start getting shot at" thing is starting to bother me.
Black Lives Matter.