[PS4/5] God of war: Ragnarok - 11/9/2022

If it's a video game it goes here.

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, Arcanis, $iljanus

disarm

Re: [PS4/5] God of war: Ragnarok - 11/9/2022

Post by disarm »

One last update...

I finished the last of the post-game content tonight and earned the platinum trophy after 80 hours. I was able to keep the game at 'Balanced' difficulty the whole way through, but that did mean spending quite a bit of time on some of the harder enemies.

The Berserker King fight wasn't too bad, but Gna gave me a hell of a time despite having Kratos at max level with fully upgraded everything. I had to play around with different runic attack and relic combinations until I came up with something that could damage her fast enough that she couldn't kill me first. Her attacks are absolutely brutal...tons of damage and really tough for me to dodge/block/parry. I probably spent a couple hours total just replaying that fight, but the satisfaction of taking down the hardest enemy in an overall difficult game was worth the effort.

Now I have to decide what I'm playing next...
Skinypupy

Re: [PS4/5] God of war: Ragnarok - 11/9/2022

Post by Skinypupy »

I gave this one another shot over the past week. I have progressed quite a bit further than my first attempt, but I think I’ve finally figured out what bugs me about this game.

I’m the God of War. I can quite literally move mountains, destroy gods, battle against monsters the size of buildings and come out without a scratch. I can fly across chasms, make impossible leaps, and use my godly strength to destroy any obstacle in my path. I am brutal, I am mean, I have an arsenal of weapons and moves at my disposal, I can tear monsters in half without breaking a sweat.

And yet, I find myself spending at least half my time in this game running in circles trying to find the tiny hidden switch or the precise throwing angle that will let me finally open this goddamn door or rotate this stupid pillar.

I’m currently stuck on yet another puzzle where I have no clue whatsoever what the game expects me to do to proceed, and it’s frustrating as hell.

While I love the story, the character, the world, the combat, the music, and everything else, getting stuck for hours on these stupid puzzles just feels very, well, un-godlike.
When darkness veils the world, four Warriors of Light shall come.