Let's Play Together: GM'd Battletech via MegaMek XIII

This is the place for self-contained forum games

Moderator: Zaxxon

NickAragua

Re: Let's Play Together: GM'd Battletech via MegaMek XIII

Post by NickAragua »

TotallyNotEvil wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 6:17 pm Would it fire last, as to not impede my line of sight?
All firing phase effects resolve at the end of the firing phase, so the smoke won't show up until every other shot by everyone has been fired.
Black Lives Matter
TotallyNotEvil

Post by TotallyNotEvil »

Ok, good.

Hm, if my tank buddy went over the hill, it'd just barely be in range of targeting the Manticore, yes? What's my tank's gunnery score? If he is veteran, it might be worth it, that's three PPCs.
NickAragua

Post by NickAragua »

TotallyNotEvil wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 9:21 pm Hm, if my tank buddy went over the hill, it'd just barely be in range of targeting the Manticore, yes? What's my tank's gunnery score? If he is veteran, it might be worth it, that's three PPCs.
2 gunnery.
Black Lives Matter
gbasden

Post by gbasden »

Long Tom explosive round for 3522, hoping to catch the Vedettes if they head around that way. If I understand correctly, I could not move and go hull down for additional defense, but not impede my firing? If so, I'll do that and try to target the Drillson in 4619. If I'm calculating correctly, it's not ridiculously harder to hit than the Spartan when range penalties are taken into effect, is it?
NickAragua

Post by NickAragua »

gbasden wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 11:50 pm If I understand correctly, I could not move and go hull down for additional defense, but not impede my firing? If so, I'll do that and try to target the Drillson in 4619. If I'm calculating correctly, it's not ridiculously harder to hit than the Spartan when range penalties are taken into effect, is it?
Correct and correct - the Drillson moved a lot faster but the range penalties going from long to medium make up for it.
Black Lives Matter
Leraje

Post by Leraje »

Save please :)
NickAragua

Post by NickAragua »

Black Lives Matter
Leraje

Post by Leraje »

Thank you.

Not moving. 4x ErPPC @ Griffin 3610. Buddy will keep on slacking for now.
Akalon

Post by Akalon »

Sorry Nick but I've got to go out of town by noon today EST and be back (and have access to my PC) till sometime Monday late afternoon if my transportation all works out.

Can you or someone else take control for me till then, and I'll resume control (if still playing and alive) once I'm home, please?

Again sorry guys.
TotallyNotEvil

Post by TotallyNotEvil »

> Schrek: Go up the hill, three PPCs on the advancing Manticore at 3010.
>LICH: Move one hex back, put both ERLLs on the 3005 LRM carrier, put one LRM on the 3010 Manticore and use the other to smoke the hex I just moved away from, 3029.
$iljanus
Forum Moderator

Post by $iljanus »

Mackie moves to hex 1028 with the intent of engaging the Shadow Hawk or Hatchetman on the edge of the map in the future. My Drillson stays put for now. For targeting purposes can it use targeting data from any friendly that has eyes on a hostile unit? Would like to put it to use where needed.

Thanks!
Black lives matter!

Wise words of warning from Smoove B: Oh, how you all laughed when I warned you about the semen. Well, who's laughing now?
WestorEast

Post by WestorEast »

I'll take over for Akalon, at least for this turn. Now it's time to dance, puppet, dance, clear open a spot for me to be promoted to! *cough*

Move Akalon's Vulkan to 3328 and fire at the lightest unit in range. 4 Medium Lasers should peel some armor off of that. The Drillson will move to 3629 and fire the LRM's at the wounded Griffon currently at 3611.
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

I'm going to stay put again. Now that they're closer, I'll fire my LRMs, my AC/10, and three large lasers (which I believe should be 46 heat, bumping me up by two more heat). Since I have multi-tasker I'll scatter the shots among the vehicles in range depending upon what makes sense in terms of what other people are also firing at.

My L'il Behemoth buddy will climb the hill and open fire as well.
Black Lives Matter.
NickAragua

Post by NickAragua »

TheMix wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 7:54 pm I'll move up to 4129. I was hoping to get to medium range of the Vedette in 3014, but I think I'm one short. I'll fire the LP lasers, but I'd like hold the LRMs for a better target.
Looks like you're *just* out of LOS - the hex in 3115 blocks it (the line passes between two hexes and it's defender's choice). You could go 4028 and fire large pulse lasers at one of the hovercraft next to the Vedette, or continue to 4129 and use LRMs to target those.
Black Lives Matter
NickAragua

Post by NickAragua »

gbasden wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 11:50 pm I'll do that and try to target the Drillson in 4619.
Looks like LOS is blocked to the Drillson by the very edge of hex 4625. You can still fire at the Spartan just fine or move for a better angle.
Black Lives Matter
gbasden

Post by gbasden »

NickAragua wrote: Sat Jun 04, 2022 10:09 pm
gbasden wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 11:50 pm I'll do that and try to target the Drillson in 4619.
Looks like LOS is blocked to the Drillson by the very edge of hex 4625. You can still fire at the Spartan just fine or move for a better angle.
Bleh. I'll fire at the Spartan instead.
gbasden

Post by gbasden »

NickAragua wrote: Sat Jun 04, 2022 10:09 pm
Bleh. I'll fire at the Spartan instead.
TheMix

Post by TheMix »

NickAragua wrote: Sat Jun 04, 2022 10:06 pm
TheMix wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 7:54 pm I'll move up to 4129. I was hoping to get to medium range of the Vedette in 3014, but I think I'm one short. I'll fire the LP lasers, but I'd like hold the LRMs for a better target.
Looks like you're *just* out of LOS - the hex in 3115 blocks it (the line passes between two hexes and it's defender's choice). You could go 4028 and fire large pulse lasers at one of the hovercraft next to the Vedette, or continue to 4129 and use LRMs to target those.
Boo!

Guess I'll move to 4028 then. I'd still prefer to hold the LRMs until things are getting closer to the sweet spot for range for me.

Black Lives Matter

Isgrimnur - Facebook makes you hate your friends and family. LinkedIn makes you hate you co-workers. NextDoor makes you hate your neighbors.
NickAragua

Post by NickAragua »

"Here they come!"

WestOrEast's line of sight is obscured slightly by an AC/2 round dinging off the hill in front of his mech and kicking up a small cloud of dust. Still, it lets her see enough - "Jesper, back the hell up, you're going to get ripped to shreds!" our mechwarrior tells our Phoenix Hawk pilot, watching with some discouragement as a Crusader-launched LRM cloud blasts chunks off the Phoenix Hawk's armor. One of SgtSoldier's lasers connects solidly with the distant LRM Carrier, burning armor off the left side. The vehicle returns fire, sending LRMs careening in at the Phoenix Hawk. The anti-missile system engages, shooting a few out of the air, but a substantial number land, causing the mech to rock unsteadily as it moves forward. SgtSoldier compensates for the shifted center of mass, however, keeping the mech upright.

Siljanus snaps off a gauss shot at the Hatchetman advancing to the west, spanging it at an oblique angle off the right torso armor. "Yeah, or at least move faster." he adds to WestOrEast's comment. The Mackie's cockpit rocks as a small salvo of LRMs from the Shadow Hawk connect with the head. "Sonofabitch." Our mechwarrior comments.

El Guapo designates multiple targets through the Dire Wolf's targeting system and opens fire, scoring hits on every one, hoping for mobility kills. However, the damage is pretty minimal, mostly just armor melting and peeling off under laser and autocannon fire.

Leraje, meanwhile, continues firing at the Griffin he'd previously targeted. This time, the PPC fire is a lot more effective, melting most of the remaining leg armor off, as well as most of the left torso armor, causing the 55 ton mech to stumble again. This time, combined with LRMs from TheMix's buddy Manticore, the mechwarrior can't keep the mech up and drops to the ground.

Lich scores the first kill on our end, drilling a distant LRM Carrier with the Timber Wolf's large lasers, the beams burning through the right side of the vehicle, then connecting with something inside that causes it to disappear in a fireball.

Isgrimnur and his Manticore buddy engage the Spartan to the north, but it's awfully mobile for an 80-ton mech and avoids most of the weapons fire - what it doesn't avoid, its anti-missile system shoots down.

Raw Data:
Spoiler:
Offboard Attack Phase
-------------------
Weapons fire for Spartan SPT-N2 ID:208 (Mercenary Primary Opfor)
     TAG at Phoenix Hawk PXH-3D ID:92 (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 11, rolls 5 : misses

Weapon Attack Phase
-------------------

Weapons fire for Vedette Medium Tank (AC2) ID:202 (Mercenary Primary Opfor)
     AC/2 at Griffin GRF-3MO-DG ID:159 (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 9, rolls 10 : hits (using Partial cover (horizontal 50%) table) RL
        Griffin GRF-3MO-DG ID:159 suffers no damage. (RL behind cover)

SRM 2 at Phoenix Hawk PXH-3D ID:92 (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 11, rolls 3 : misses

Weapons fire for Thug THG-11EO ID:62 (1st Octopus Overlords)
     PPC at Spartan SPT-N2 ID:208 (Mercenary Primary Opfor); needs 12, rolls 4 : misses

PPC at Spartan SPT-N2 ID:208 (Mercenary Primary Opfor); needs 12, rolls 8 : misses

Weapons fire for Vulcan VL-5T-ODC ID:69 (1st Octopus Overlords)
     ER Medium Laser at Vedette Medium Tank (AC2) ID:221 (Mercenary Primary Opfor); needs 10, rolls 6 : misses

ER Medium Laser at Vedette Medium Tank (AC2) ID:221 (Mercenary Primary Opfor); needs 10, rolls 6 : misses

ER Medium Laser at Vedette Medium Tank (AC2) ID:221 (Mercenary Primary Opfor); needs 10, rolls 3 : misses

ER Medium Laser at Vedette Medium Tank (AC2) ID:221 (Mercenary Primary Opfor); needs 10, rolls 4 : misses

Weapons fire for Crusader CRD-5S ID:205 (Mercenary Primary Opfor)
     LRM 15 at Phoenix Hawk PXH-3D ID:92 (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 8, rolls 8 : - Glancing Blow -5 missile(s) hit (w/ -4 malus).

Phoenix Hawk PXH-3D ID:92 (1st Octopus Overlords) takes 5 damage to RT.
        Needs 7+ to destroy Searchlight, rolls 6.
            11 Armor remaining.

LRM 15 at Phoenix Hawk PXH-3D ID:92 (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 8, rolls 9 : 12 missile(s) hit.

Phoenix Hawk PXH-3D ID:92 (1st Octopus Overlords) takes 5 damage to RT.
        Needs 7+ to destroy Searchlight, rolls 9.
        Searchlight destroyed!
            6 Armor remaining.

Phoenix Hawk PXH-3D ID:92 (1st Octopus Overlords) takes 5 damage to LT.
            11 Armor remaining.

Phoenix Hawk PXH-3D ID:92 (1st Octopus Overlords) takes 2 damage to RL.
            13 Armor remaining.

Weapons fire for Thunderbolt TDR-5D ID:206 (Mercenary Primary Opfor)
     LRM 10 at Ryoken (Stormcrow) Prime-OD ID:179 (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 9, rolls 6 : misses

Weapons fire for Mackie MSK-8BG ID:70 (1st Octopus Overlords)
     Gauss Rifle at Hatchetman HCT-3F ID:209 (Mercenary Primary Opfor); needs 10, rolls 10 : - Glancing Blow -hits RT
        Hatchetman HCT-3F ID:209 (Mercenary Primary Opfor) takes 7 damage to RT.
            7 Armor remaining.

PPC at Vedette Medium Tank (AC2) ID:202 (Mercenary Primary Opfor); needs 10, rolls 6 : misses

PPC at Vedette Medium Tank (AC2) ID:202 (Mercenary Primary Opfor); needs 10, rolls 5 : misses

Weapons fire for Spartan SPT-N2 ID:207 (Mercenary Primary Opfor)
     ER PPC at Vulture (Mad Dog) Prime ID:182 (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 11, rolls 5 : misses

Weapons fire for Spartan SPT-N2 ID:208 (Mercenary Primary Opfor)
     ER PPC at Thug THG-11EO ID:62 (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 8, rolls 5 : misses

Weapons fire for Phoenix Hawk PXH-3D ID:92 (1st Octopus Overlords)
     ER Large Laser at LRM Carrier (Standard) ID:217 (Mercenary Primary Opfor); needs 8, rolls 6 : misses

ER Large Laser at LRM Carrier (Standard) ID:217 (Mercenary Primary Opfor); needs 8, rolls 10 : hits (using Left Side table) LS
        LRM Carrier (Standard) ID:217 (Mercenary Primary Opfor) takes 8 damage to LS.
        Needs 7+ to destroy Searchlight, rolls 7.
        Searchlight destroyed!
            4 Armor remaining.

Weapons fire for Hatchetman HCT-3F ID:209 (Mercenary Primary Opfor)
     AC/10 at Drillson Heavy Hover Tank (Standard) ID:116 (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 12, rolls 9 : misses

Weapons fire for Bandersnatch BNDR-01A ID:211 (Mercenary Primary Opfor)
     LRM 5 at Ryoken (Stormcrow) Prime-OD ID:179 (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 13, rolls 7 : misses

LRM 5 at Ryoken (Stormcrow) Prime-OD ID:179 (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 13, rolls 5 : misses

LRM 5 at Ryoken (Stormcrow) Prime-OD ID:179 (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 13, rolls 7 : misses

Weapons fire for Daishi (Dire Wolf) Prime LBX ID:175 (1st Octopus Overlords)
     ER Large Laser at SRM Carrier (Standard) ID:223 (Mercenary Primary Opfor); needs 5, rolls 10 : - Direct Blow - hits (using Left Side table) LS
        SRM Carrier (Standard) ID:223 (Mercenary Primary Opfor) takes 11 damage to LS.
            1 Armor remaining.

ER Large Laser at Hetzer Wheeled Assault Gun (Scout) ID:233 (Mercenary Primary Opfor); needs 5, rolls 7 : hits FR
        Hetzer Wheeled Assault Gun (Scout) ID:233 (Mercenary Primary Opfor) takes 10 damage to FR.
        Searchlight destroyed!
            22 Armor remaining.

ER Large Laser at SRM Carrier (Standard) ID:223 (Mercenary Primary Opfor); needs 5, rolls 7 : hits (using Left Side table) FR
        SRM Carrier (Standard) ID:223 (Mercenary Primary Opfor) takes 10 damage to FR.
        Needs 7+ to destroy Searchlight, rolls 8.
        Searchlight destroyed!
            2 Armor remaining.
            Chance for motive system damage. Roll is 6; (w/ +2 bonus)
             Minor damage, +1 to driving skill rolls.

LB 10-X AC at Vedette Medium Tank (Standard) ID:226 (Mercenary Primary Opfor); needs 6, rolls 12 : - Direct Blow - hits LS
        Vedette Medium Tank (Standard) ID:226 (Mercenary Primary Opfor) takes 12 damage to LS.
        Needs 7+ to destroy Searchlight, rolls 8.
        Searchlight destroyed!
            6 Armor remaining.
            Chance for motive system damage. Roll is 8; (w/ +0 bonus)
             Moderate damage, +2 to driving skill rolls, -1 MP.

LRM 10 at Vedette Medium Tank (Standard) ID:226 (Mercenary Primary Opfor); needs 6, rolls 3 : misses

Weapons fire for Scorpion Light Tank (Standard) ID:213 (Mercenary Primary Opfor)
     AC/5 at Phoenix Hawk PXH-3D ID:92 (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 9, rolls 5 : misses

Weapons fire for Masakari (Warhawk) Prime-OD ID:176 (1st Octopus Overlords)
     ER PPC at Griffin GRF-1DS ID:228 (Mercenary Primary Opfor); needs 5, rolls 3 : misses

ER PPC at Griffin GRF-1DS ID:228 (Mercenary Primary Opfor); needs 5, rolls 5 : - Glancing Blow -hits RL
        Griffin GRF-1DS ID:228 (Mercenary Primary Opfor) takes 7 damage to RL.
            1 Armor remaining.

ER PPC at Griffin GRF-1DS ID:228 (Mercenary Primary Opfor); needs 5, rolls 5 : - Glancing Blow -hits LL
        Griffin GRF-1DS ID:228 (Mercenary Primary Opfor) takes 7 damage to LL.
            6 Armor remaining.

ER PPC at Griffin GRF-1DS ID:228 (Mercenary Primary Opfor); needs 5, rolls 7 : hits LT
        Griffin GRF-1DS ID:228 (Mercenary Primary Opfor) takes 15 damage to LT.
            5 Armor remaining.

Weapons fire for Condor Heavy Hover Tank (Standard) ID:214 (Mercenary Primary Opfor)
     AC/5 at Mad Cat (Timber Wolf) (Pryde-TNE-G) ID:178 (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 10, rolls 11 : hits LA
        Mad Cat (Timber Wolf) (Pryde-TNE-G) ID:178 (1st Octopus Overlords) takes 5 damage to LA.
            19 Armor remaining.

Weapons fire for Vulture (Mad Dog) Prime ID:182 (1st Octopus Overlords)
     Large Pulse Laser at Drillson Heavy Hover Tank (ERLL) ID:227 (Mercenary Primary Opfor); needs 9, rolls 2 : misses

Large Pulse Laser at Drillson Heavy Hover Tank (ERLL) ID:227 (Mercenary Primary Opfor); needs 9, rolls 8 : misses

Weapons fire for Vedette Medium Tank (Standard) ID:216 (Mercenary Primary Opfor)
     AC/5 at Phoenix Hawk PXH-3D ID:92 (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 11, rolls 2 : misses

Weapons fire for Ryoken (Stormcrow) Prime-OD ID:179 (1st Octopus Overlords)
     ER Large Laser at Spartan SPT-N2 ID:207 (Mercenary Primary Opfor); needs 9, rolls 8 : misses

ER Large Laser at Spartan SPT-N2 ID:207 (Mercenary Primary Opfor); needs 9, rolls 5 : misses

Weapons fire for LRM Carrier (Standard) ID:217 (Mercenary Primary Opfor)
     LRM 20 at Phoenix Hawk PXH-3D ID:92 (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 7, rolls 5 : misses

LRM 20 at Phoenix Hawk PXH-3D ID:92 (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 7, rolls 8 : AMS engaged! 12 missile(s) hit (w/ -4 malus).

Phoenix Hawk PXH-3D ID:92 (1st Octopus Overlords) takes 5 damage to LA.
            5 Armor remaining.

Phoenix Hawk PXH-3D ID:92 (1st Octopus Overlords) takes 5 damage to LL.
            10 Armor remaining.

Phoenix Hawk PXH-3D ID:92 (1st Octopus Overlords) takes 2 damage to LT.
            9 Armor remaining.

LRM 20 at Phoenix Hawk PXH-3D ID:92 (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 7, rolls 9 : 12 missile(s) hit.

Phoenix Hawk PXH-3D ID:92 (1st Octopus Overlords) takes 5 damage to RL.
            8 Armor remaining.

Phoenix Hawk PXH-3D ID:92 (1st Octopus Overlords) takes 5 damage to RL.
            3 Armor remaining.

Phoenix Hawk PXH-3D ID:92 (1st Octopus Overlords) takes 2 damage to LL.
            8 Armor remaining.

Weapons fire for Griffin GRF-3MO-DG ID:159 (1st Octopus Overlords)
     PPC at Vedette Medium Tank (AC2) ID:202 (Mercenary Primary Opfor); needs 11, rolls 8 : misses

ER Medium Laser at Vedette Medium Tank (AC2) ID:202 (Mercenary Primary Opfor); needs 11, rolls 5 : misses

ER Medium Laser at Vedette Medium Tank (AC2) ID:202 (Mercenary Primary Opfor); needs 11, rolls 8 : misses

LRM 15 at Vedette Medium Tank (AC2) ID:202 (Mercenary Primary Opfor); needs 9, rolls 5 : misses

Weapons fire for Mad Cat (Timber Wolf) (Pryde-TNE-G) ID:178 (1st Octopus Overlords)
     ER Large Laser at LRM Carrier (Standard) ID:232 (Mercenary Primary Opfor); needs 9, rolls 9 : - Glancing Blow -hits (using Right Side table) RS
        LRM Carrier (Standard) ID:232 (Mercenary Primary Opfor) takes 5 damage to RS.
        Needs 7+ to destroy Searchlight, rolls 10.
        Searchlight destroyed!
            7 Armor remaining.
            Chance for motive system damage. Roll is 11; (w/ +2 bonus)
             Heavy damage, +3 to driving skill rolls, 1/2 MP.

ER Large Laser at LRM Carrier (Standard) ID:232 (Mercenary Primary Opfor); needs 9, rolls 12 : - Direct Blow - hits (using Right Side table) RS
        LRM Carrier (Standard) ID:232 (Mercenary Primary Opfor) takes 11 damage to RS.
            Armor destroyed.
             2 Internal Structure remaining.
            Critical hit on RS. Roll is (11+1) = 12; Fuel Tank Hit (Vehicle Explodes).
*** LRM Carrier (Standard) ID:232 (Mercenary Primary Opfor) DESTROYED by fuel explosion! ***

LRM 20 at Manticore Heavy Tank (Standard) ID:231 (Mercenary Primary Opfor); needs 10, rolls 6 : misses

LRM 20 at Hex: 3029 (Clear) needs 0, rolls 6 : hits the intended hex 3029.
        Heavy smoke fills 3029!

Weapons fire for Vedette Medium Tank (AC2) ID:221 (Mercenary Primary Opfor)
     AC/2 at Schrek PPC Carrier (Standard) ID:103 (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 8, rolls 10 : hits FR
        Schrek PPC Carrier (Standard) ID:103 (1st Octopus Overlords) takes 2 damage to FR.
        Needs 7+ to destroy Searchlight, rolls 11.
        Searchlight destroyed!
            22 Armor remaining.

Weapons fire for Schrek PPC Carrier (Standard) ID:103 (1st Octopus Overlords)
     PPC at Manticore Heavy Tank (Standard) ID:231 (Mercenary Primary Opfor); needs 9, rolls 10 : hits LS
        Manticore Heavy Tank (Standard) ID:231 (Mercenary Primary Opfor) takes 10 damage to LS.
        Searchlight destroyed!
            23 Armor remaining.
            Chance for motive system damage. Roll is 6; (w/ +0 bonus)
             Minor damage, +1 to driving skill rolls.

PPC at Manticore Heavy Tank (Standard) ID:231 (Mercenary Primary Opfor); needs 9, rolls 10 : hits FR
        Manticore Heavy Tank (Standard) ID:231 (Mercenary Primary Opfor) takes 10 damage to FR.
            32 Armor remaining.

PPC at Manticore Heavy Tank (Standard) ID:231 (Mercenary Primary Opfor); needs 9, rolls 3 : misses

Weapons fire for Drillson Heavy Hover Tank (Standard) ID:116 (1st Octopus Overlords)
     Large Laser at LRM Carrier (Standard) ID:217 (Mercenary Primary Opfor); needs 9, rolls 7 : misses

LRM 10 at LRM Carrier (Standard) ID:217 (Mercenary Primary Opfor); needs 7, rolls 3 : misses

SRM 2 at Vedette Medium Tank (AC2) ID:202 (Mercenary Primary Opfor); needs 11, rolls 5 : misses

SRM 2 at Vedette Medium Tank (AC2) ID:202 (Mercenary Primary Opfor); needs 11, rolls 4 : misses

Weapons fire for Vedette Medium Tank (Standard) ID:226 (Mercenary Primary Opfor)
     AC/5 at Behemoth Heavy Tank (Standard) ID:130 (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 9, rolls 6 : misses

Weapons fire for Manticore Heavy Tank (Standard) ID:96 (1st Octopus Overlords)
     PPC at Spartan SPT-N2 ID:208 (Mercenary Primary Opfor); needs 11, rolls 9 : misses

LRM 10 at Spartan SPT-N2 ID:208 (Mercenary Primary Opfor); needs 9, rolls 9 : - Glancing Blow -AMS engaged! .
Attack deals zero damage.

Weapons fire for Drillson Heavy Hover Tank (ERLL) ID:227 (Mercenary Primary Opfor)
     LRM 10 at Vulture (Mad Dog) Prime ID:182 (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 10, rolls 11 : 4 missile(s) hit.

Vulture (Mad Dog) Prime ID:182 (1st Octopus Overlords) takes 4 damage to LA.
            12 Armor remaining.

Weapons fire for Griffin GRF-1DS ID:228 (Mercenary Primary Opfor)
     LRM 20 at Manticore Heavy Tank (Standard) ID:125 (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 7, rolls 7 : - Glancing Blow -9 missile(s) hit (w/ -4 malus).

Manticore Heavy Tank (Standard) ID:125 (1st Octopus Overlords) takes 5 damage to LS.
            28 Armor remaining.
            Chance for motive system damage. Roll is 10; (w/ +0 bonus)
             Heavy damage, +3 to driving skill rolls, 1/2 MP.

Manticore Heavy Tank (Standard) ID:125 (1st Octopus Overlords) takes 4 damage to TU.
            38 Armor remaining.

Weapons fire for Demon Tank (Standard) ID:166 (1st Octopus Overlords)
     Gauss Rifle at Drillson Heavy Hover Tank (Standard) ID:235 (Mercenary Primary Opfor); needs 10, rolls 6 : misses

Weapons fire for Vedette Medium Tank (Standard) ID:229 (Mercenary Primary Opfor)
     AC/5 at Schrek PPC Carrier (Standard) ID:103 (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 10, rolls 6 : misses

Weapons fire for Behemoth Heavy Tank (Standard) ID:130 (1st Octopus Overlords)
     AC/10 at Vedette Medium Tank (AC2) ID:221 (Mercenary Primary Opfor); needs 12, rolls 4 : misses

AC/10 at Vedette Medium Tank (AC2) ID:221 (Mercenary Primary Opfor); needs 12, rolls 11 : misses

LRM 5 at Hetzer Wheeled Assault Gun (Scout) ID:233 (Mercenary Primary Opfor); needs 10, rolls 8 : misses

LRM 5 at Hetzer Wheeled Assault Gun (Scout) ID:233 (Mercenary Primary Opfor); needs 10, rolls 9 : misses

LRM 5 at Hetzer Wheeled Assault Gun (Scout) ID:233 (Mercenary Primary Opfor); needs 10, rolls 7 : misses

LRM 5 at Hetzer Wheeled Assault Gun (Scout) ID:233 (Mercenary Primary Opfor); needs 10, rolls 10 : - Glancing Blow -1 missile(s) hit (w/ -4 malus).

Hetzer Wheeled Assault Gun (Scout) ID:233 (Mercenary Primary Opfor) takes 1 damage to LS.
            23 Armor remaining.
            Chance for motive system damage. Roll is 8; (w/ +2 bonus)

Weapons fire for Manticore Heavy Tank (Standard) ID:231 (Mercenary Primary Opfor)
     PPC at Schrek PPC Carrier (Standard) ID:103 (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 8, rolls 7 : misses

LRM 10 at Schrek PPC Carrier (Standard) ID:103 (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 8, rolls 11 : - Direct Blow - 6 missile(s) hit (w/ +2 bonus).

Schrek PPC Carrier (Standard) ID:103 (1st Octopus Overlords) takes 5 damage to LS.
            15 Armor remaining.
            Chance for motive system damage. Roll is 9; (w/ +0 bonus)

Schrek PPC Carrier (Standard) ID:103 (1st Octopus Overlords) takes 1 damage to LS.
            14 Armor remaining.
            Chance for motive system damage. Roll is 4; (w/ +0 bonus)
             no effect.

Weapons fire for Shadow Hawk SHD-2H ID:234 (Mercenary Primary Opfor)
     AC/5 at Phoenix Hawk PXH-3D ID:92 (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 9, rolls 7 : misses

LRM 5 at Mackie MSK-8BG ID:70 (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 8, rolls 8 : - Glancing Blow -3 missile(s) hit (using Partial cover (horizontal 50%) table) (w/ -4 malus).

Mackie MSK-8BG ID:70 (1st Octopus Overlords) takes 3 damage to HD (critical).
            6 Armor remaining.
            Critical hit on HD. Roll is (5-2) = 3; no effect.

Pilot of Mackie MSK-8BG ID:70 (1st Octopus Overlords) "Lieutenant SG Omer "Siljanus Mk II" Nanji" takes 1 damage (1 total hits).
        Pilot of Mackie MSK-8BG ID:70 (1st Octopus Overlords) "Lieutenant SG Omer "Siljanus Mk II" Nanji" needs a 3 to stay conscious. Rolls 8 : successful!

Weapons fire for Drillson Heavy Hover Tank (Standard) ID:199 (1st Octopus Overlords)
     LRM 10 at Griffin GRF-1DS ID:228 (Mercenary Primary Opfor); needs 11, rolls 7 : misses

Weapons fire for Drillson Heavy Hover Tank (Standard) ID:235 (Mercenary Primary Opfor)
     Large Laser at Vulcan VL-5T-ODC ID:69 (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 6, rolls 3 : misses

LRM 10 at Behemoth Heavy Tank (Standard) ID:130 (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 5, rolls 8 : - Direct Blow - 6 missile(s) hit (using Right Side table) (w/ +2 bonus).

Behemoth Heavy Tank (Standard) ID:130 (1st Octopus Overlords) takes 5 damage to TU.
            41 Armor remaining.

Behemoth Heavy Tank (Standard) ID:130 (1st Octopus Overlords) takes 1 damage to FR.
            45 Armor remaining.
            Chance for motive system damage. Roll is 8; (w/ +2 bonus)

Weapons fire for Griffin GRF-1S ID:236 (Mercenary Primary Opfor)
     LRM 5 at Schrek PPC Carrier (Standard) ID:103 (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 10, rolls 7 : misses

Weapons fire for Manticore Heavy Tank (Standard) ID:125 (1st Octopus Overlords)
     LRM 10 at Griffin GRF-1DS ID:228 (Mercenary Primary Opfor); needs 9, rolls 10 : 8 missile(s) hit (using Partial cover (horizontal 50%) table).

Griffin GRF-1DS ID:228 suffers no damage. (LL behind cover)

Griffin GRF-1DS ID:228 (Mercenary Primary Opfor) takes 3 damage to LT.
            2 Armor remaining.

Phoenix Hawk PXH-3D ID:92 (1st Octopus Overlords) must make 1 piloting skill roll(s) (40+ damage).
The base target is 3 [3 (Base piloting skill)].
    Roll #1, (3 (Base piloting skill) + 2 (40+ damage)); needs 5, rolls 6 : succeeds.

Griffin GRF-1DS ID:228 (Mercenary Primary Opfor) must make 1 piloting skill roll(s) (20+ damage).
The base target is 4 [4 (Base piloting skill)].
    Roll #1, (4 (Base piloting skill) + 1 (20+ damage)); needs 5, rolls 3 : falls.
     Griffin GRF-1DS ID:228 (Mercenary Primary Opfor) falls on its front, suffering 6 damage.
        Griffin GRF-1DS ID:228 (Mercenary Primary Opfor) takes 5 damage to LL.
            1 Armor remaining.
        Griffin GRF-1DS ID:228 (Mercenary Primary Opfor) takes 1 damage to RA.
            13 Armor remaining.

Pilot of Griffin GRF-1DS ID:228 (Mercenary Primary Opfor) "Rukhi Sirki" must roll 5 to avoid damage; rolls 6 : succeeds.

Heat Phase
-------------------
Thug THG-11EO ID:62 (1st Octopus Overlords) gains 22 heat, sinks 22 heat and is now at 0 heat.
Vulcan VL-5T-ODC ID:69 (1st Octopus Overlords) gains 22 heat, sinks 22 heat and is now at 0 heat.
Mackie MSK-8BG ID:70 (1st Octopus Overlords) gains 23 heat, sinks 21 heat and is now at 2 heat.
Phoenix Hawk PXH-3D ID:92 (1st Octopus Overlords) gains 27 heat, sinks 24 heat and is now at 5 heat.
Daishi (Dire Wolf) Prime LBX ID:175 (1st Octopus Overlords) gains 42 heat, sinks 44 heat and is now at 2 heat.
Masakari (Warhawk) Prime-OD ID:176 (1st Octopus Overlords) gains 60 heat, sinks 52 heat and is now at 8 heat.
Vulture (Mad Dog) Prime ID:182 (1st Octopus Overlords) gains 21 heat, sinks 21 heat and is now at 0 heat.
Ryoken (Stormcrow) Prime-OD ID:179 (1st Octopus Overlords) gains 25 heat, sinks 25 heat and is now at 0 heat.
Griffin GRF-3MO-DG ID:159 (1st Octopus Overlords) gains 27 heat, sinks 26 heat and is now at 1 heat.
Mad Cat (Timber Wolf) (Pryde-TNE-G) ID:178 (1st Octopus Overlords) gains 37 heat, sinks 34 heat and is now at 3 heat.
Crusader CRD-5S ID:205 (Mercenary Primary Opfor) gains 12 heat, sinks 12 heat and is now at 0 heat.
Thunderbolt TDR-5D ID:206 (Mercenary Primary Opfor) gains 6 heat, sinks 6 heat and is now at 0 heat.
Spartan SPT-N2 ID:207 (Mercenary Primary Opfor) gains 17 heat, sinks 17 heat and is now at 0 heat.
Spartan SPT-N2 ID:208 (Mercenary Primary Opfor) gains 18 heat, sinks 18 heat and is now at 0 heat.
Hatchetman HCT-3F ID:209 (Mercenary Primary Opfor) gains 5 heat, sinks 5 heat and is now at 0 heat.
Bandersnatch BNDR-01A ID:211 (Mercenary Primary Opfor) gains 8 heat, sinks 8 heat and is now at 0 heat.
Archer ARC-2R ID:212 (Mercenary Primary Opfor) gains 2 heat, sinks 2 heat and is now at 0 heat.
Locust LCT-3V ID:225 (Mercenary Primary Opfor) gains 2 heat, sinks 2 heat and is now at 0 heat.
Griffin GRF-1DS ID:228 (Mercenary Primary Opfor) gains 8 heat, sinks 8 heat and is now at 0 heat.
Shadow Hawk SHD-2H ID:234 (Mercenary Primary Opfor) gains 5 heat, sinks 5 heat and is now at 0 heat.
Griffin GRF-1S ID:236 (Mercenary Primary Opfor) gains 4 heat, sinks 4 heat and is now at 0 heat.
Current Battlefield State:
Spoiler:
Enlarge Image
Objective Update:
LRM Carrier destroyed (1/18)

Artillery aimed at 4716 lands this turn
Artillery aimed at 4013 lands this turn

Leraje heat at 8, +1 penalty to attack rolls
Lich buddy mobility damage: MP reduced to 2/3
El Guapo buddy mobility damage: MP reduced to 1/2

Heavy smoke in 3029, 3130

Locust 1210: ACE, moves after players. Expect +3 or +4
Drillson 4619: ACE, moves after players. Expect +3 or +4

Hatchetman 0215: +2
Shadow Hawk 0317: +2
Hetzer 1210: +1
Behemoth 1304: +1
Laser Carrier 1309: +1
LRM Carrier 1311: +1
Scorpion 1311: +1
Vedette 1314: +3
Vedette 1418: +3
Crusader 1511: +1
Spartan 2412: +1 (+2 if attack passes through 2313 or 2413)
Archer 2513: +2
SRM Carrier 3009: +1
Partisan 3010: +2
Hetzer 3011: +1
Scorpion 3013: +2
Manticore 3016: +2
Vedette 3018: +2 (movement impaired)
Vedette 3019: +3
Vedette 3121: +3
Condor 3221: +3
Drillson 3221: +3
Griffin 3516: +3 (jumped 5)
Falcon 3522: +4 (possibly +5, because it skidded)
Griffin 4110: +2 (left leg, right leg, left torso 1/2 points of armor)
Thunderbolt 4415: +1
Laser Carrier 4512: +1
Vedette 4519: +3
SRM Carrier 4612: +1
Bandersnatch 4614: +2
Vedette 4714: +1
Manticore 4812: +1
Spartan 4820: +3
Last edited by NickAragua on Mon Jun 06, 2022 12:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
Black Lives Matter
NickAragua

Post by NickAragua »

Black Lives Matter
WestorEast

Post by WestorEast »

I seem to have missed what the artillery fired two rounds ago hit in the battle log.
NickAragua

Post by NickAragua »

It didn't hit yet - it will be landing after this movement phase is done.
Black Lives Matter
Leraje

Post by Leraje »

Stay put, 3x ErPPCs @ Thunderbolt 4415
Buddy, move to 3229 facing N, Gauss round at the same Thunderbolt
gbasden

Post by gbasden »

Am I missing the movement modifier for the Drillson in 4619?

Explosive round in 4724

Shoot at the Drillson if there is LOS and not crazy movement modifier, or the Spartan if not.
TotallyNotEvil

Post by TotallyNotEvil »

Gah, those Vedettes are shitty, but enough AC/5s rolling attacks is going to chip us to death.

Watch out Phoenix Hawk friend, that's a lot of damage very early!

I'm of course going to 3029. The Archer is just outside medium range (from 3029) for my ERLLs and LRMs, yeah?

Damn, if you can't step on them, heavy tanks are silly tough!

Is the artillery at 3013, 3018 and 3522 falling this round? Because those would be amazing strikes.

Hey Guapo, I'm thinking of putting a couple of ERMLs and an LRM on the Drillson that has its right/rear turned towards us, can you put a couple of medium guns there to help? It's "only" got 19 points of armor on the right side to chew through, but I'd need to land everything to get that in one go.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Buddy towards 2020, facing NW. Me to 2422, NE.
It's almost as if people are the problem.
TheMix

Post by TheMix »

Did I not fire at all? I didn't see any rolls.

Black Lives Matter

Isgrimnur - Facebook makes you hate your friends and family. LinkedIn makes you hate you co-workers. NextDoor makes you hate your neighbors.
NickAragua

Post by NickAragua »

gbasden wrote: Mon Jun 06, 2022 3:25 am Am I missing the movement modifier for the Drillson in 4619?
It's "ACE", so it moves after you guys do.
TotallyNotEvil wrote: Mon Jun 06, 2022 4:18 am The Archer is just outside medium range (from 3029) for my ERLLs and LRMs, yeah?

Is the artillery at 3013, 3018 and 3522 falling this round? Because those would be amazing strikes.

Hey Guapo, I'm thinking of putting a couple of ERMLs and an LRM on the Drillson that has its right/rear turned towards us, can you put a couple of medium guns there to help?
Archer is definitely at long range (I count 19 hexes)
4617 and 4013 are landing this turn, with the understanding that they may scatter some distance in a random direction
If your line of fire passes through 3122, 3222 or 3322, you can't target the vehicles in 3221 (height 1 unit at level 0 adjacent to a level 1 hex, meaning LOS is blocked). Similarly, the Vedette in 3121 can't be targeted if the attack passes through 3021 or 3122, and same goes for the 1418 Vedette. The exception being indirect-fire LRM attacks.
TheMix wrote: Mon Jun 06, 2022 9:53 am Did I not fire at all? I didn't see any rolls.
You had two 9+ shots at a Drillson hovertank, and both missed. 9+ isn't the best odds, 1/4 chance (66, 56, 65, 46, 64, 45, 54, 36, 63). This round, though, you'll have plenty of close targets to choose from.
Black Lives Matter
Sgtsoldier123

Post by Sgtsoldier123 »

Ow.

Alright- So I'm gonna try to use my jumpjets to move towards a slightly more advantageous position- namely 1526. Gonna take a little bit of a potshot at that crusader on 1511.

I'd like my Drillson buddy to start shooting at that vedette on 1314.
TheMix

Post by TheMix »

Brief recap please (from the last time we did this)...

Movement is good, right? It makes one harder to be hit? But if we don't want to actually move to another location, we can "shuffle" in our current cell? Or should I always be trying to move? If my movement is 5/8, then I'd want to try to move 5 so that they have +2 to hit me, and I only have +1 to hit them due to my walking?

Black Lives Matter

WestorEast

Post by WestorEast »

NickAragua wrote: Mon Jun 06, 2022 12:55 am It didn't hit yet - it will be landing after this movement phase is done.
Ah, so the two turns for artillery is two turns of flight time and then on the third it lands? Got it.
TheMix

Post by TheMix »

Ending up in 4129 will break LoS from the units on the east side of the map, correct? But I'll still have visibility to some of the enemy units (falcon, griffin, ???).

For those with experience, it actually looks like moving up one to 3928 would put the Griffin at 14, which is medium range for my large lasers and LRMs. Would we be better served by my going after the Griffin, or should I try and take out a vehicle or two? I'm not very good at figuring out how much of a threat the vehicles are.

Black Lives Matter

TotallyNotEvil

Post by TotallyNotEvil »

They aren't super big, but I'm worried the sheer numbers will drown us in chip damage.
TheMix

Post by TheMix »

Nick, what's my LoS situation on 3121 and 3221? If I move back into some cover at 4129 will I be able to target them? That would give me those 2 targets and the Falcon. That should be enough. Assuming that's an option, I'll go with that approach and target whichever ones make the most sense.

Black Lives Matter

NickAragua

Post by NickAragua »

TheMix wrote: Mon Jun 06, 2022 11:34 am Ending up in 4129 will break LoS from the units on the east side of the map, correct? But I'll still have visibility to some of the enemy units (falcon, griffin, ???).
Correct.
TheMix wrote: Mon Jun 06, 2022 11:57 am Nick, what's my LoS situation on 3121 and 3221? If I move back into some cover at 4129 will I be able to target them? That would give me those 2 targets and the Falcon. That should be enough. Assuming that's an option, I'll go with that approach and target whichever ones make the most sense.
3121 yes, 3221, no (due to it being adjacent to 3322). If there was a mech in 3221, you'd have LOS on it, but vehicles are shorter.
Black Lives Matter
TheMix

Post by TheMix »

Okay, so I'll still have the Vedette and the Falcon. That seems like enough targets. I'm assuming that it's unlikely that 2 LP lasers and LRMs are going to be able to take out more targets anyway. So I'll take whichever target is juicier.

Black Lives Matter

gbasden

Post by gbasden »

TheMix wrote: Mon Jun 06, 2022 11:30 am Brief recap please (from the last time we did this)...

Movement is good, right? It makes one harder to be hit? But if we don't want to actually move to another location, we can "shuffle" in our current cell? Or should I always be trying to move? If my movement is 5/8, then I'd want to try to move 5 so that they have +2 to hit me, and I only have +1 to hit them due to my walking?
Movement is good. Shuffling won't help though - the modifiers are in hexes moved. At least if I am remembering correctly.
NickAragua

Post by NickAragua »

gbasden wrote: Mon Jun 06, 2022 12:53 pm
TheMix wrote: Mon Jun 06, 2022 11:30 am Movement is good, right? It makes one harder to be hit? But if we don't want to actually move to another location, we can "shuffle" in our current cell? Or should I always be trying to move? If my movement is 5/8, then I'd want to try to move 5 so that they have +2 to hit me, and I only have +1 to hit them due to my walking?
Movement is good. Shuffling won't help though - the modifiers are in hexes moved. At least if I am remembering correctly.
Exactly. As they say, "speed is life". Or, in the case of Lich and those guys up on the central hill, heavy smoke is a good substitute, so dropping some Long Tom smoke rounds is not a bad option. Partial cover is good if you can get it, while going out of line of sight entirely so you can only be shot at by a limited number of bad guys is even better.
Black Lives Matter
TotallyNotEvil

Post by TotallyNotEvil »

> LICH: Move to 3029, one ERLL and both LRMs on the wounded Manticore. Both ERMLs on the 3019 Vedette.
> Schrek: All PPCs on the Manticore.

Is the 3019 Vedette an AC-5 or -2 one?
NickAragua

Post by NickAragua »

TotallyNotEvil wrote: Mon Jun 06, 2022 1:18 pm Is the 3019 Vedette an AC-5 or -2 one?
AC/5
Black Lives Matter