Let's Play Together: GM'd Battletech via MegaMek XIII

This is the place for self-contained forum games

Moderator: Zaxxon

gbasden

Re: Let's Play Together: GM'd Battletech via MegaMek XIII

Post by gbasden »

NickAragua wrote: Mon Jun 06, 2022 12:57 pm
Exactly. As they say, "speed is life". Or, in the case of Lich and those guys up on the central hill, heavy smoke is a good substitute, so dropping some Long Tom smoke rounds is not a bad option. Partial cover is good if you can get it, while going out of line of sight entirely so you can only be shot at by a limited number of bad guys is even better.
Can I use a long tom to drop a smoke round on my hex, or is a large hurtling canister still detrimental to my health?
NickAragua

Post by NickAragua »

gbasden wrote: Mon Jun 06, 2022 2:03 pm Can I use a long tom to drop a smoke round on my hex, or is a large hurtling canister still detrimental to my health?
You can. Smoke rounds don't inflict damage. Keep in mind it will take two of your moves to arrive, and may scatter if it doesn't hit (and also I'm pretty sure it produces a wide smoke cloud, although I could be wrong about that).
Black Lives Matter
TotallyNotEvil

Post by TotallyNotEvil »

NickAragua wrote: Mon Jun 06, 2022 1:27 pm
TotallyNotEvil wrote: Mon Jun 06, 2022 1:18 pm Is the 3019 Vedette an AC-5 or -2 one?
AC/5
Can I do a conditional vote?

> SCHREK: All PPCs on Manticore
-> If all three hit, LICH fires an ERLL and an LRM at the Manticore, both ERMLs and the other LRM at the 3019 Vedette.
-> If two hit, LICH fires an ERLL and both LRMs at the Manticore, both ERMLs at the 3019 Vedette.
-> If one or none hit, LICH fires both ERLL and both LRM at the Manticore.
NickAragua

Post by NickAragua »

TotallyNotEvil wrote: Mon Jun 06, 2022 3:18 pm Can I do a conditional vote?

> SCHREK: All PPCs on Manticore
-> If all three hit, LICH fires an ERLL and an LRM at the Manticore, both ERMLs and the other LRM at the 3019 Vedette.
-> If two hit, LICH fires an ERLL and both LRMs at the Manticore, both ERMLs at the 3019 Vedette.
-> If one or none hit, LICH fires both ERLL and both LRM at the Manticore.
All attacks are declared and resolved simultaneously, so that's not an option - the main conditionals that can be done here depend on the movement of ACE units (e.g. if I can shoot at the ACE target that, otherwise, target another unit).
Black Lives Matter
TheMix

Post by TheMix »

NickAragua wrote: Mon Jun 06, 2022 12:57 pm
gbasden wrote: Mon Jun 06, 2022 12:53 pm
TheMix wrote: Mon Jun 06, 2022 11:30 am Movement is good, right? It makes one harder to be hit? But if we don't want to actually move to another location, we can "shuffle" in our current cell? Or should I always be trying to move? If my movement is 5/8, then I'd want to try to move 5 so that they have +2 to hit me, and I only have +1 to hit them due to my walking?
Movement is good. Shuffling won't help though - the modifiers are in hexes moved. At least if I am remembering correctly.
Exactly. As they say, "speed is life". Or, in the case of Lich and those guys up on the central hill, heavy smoke is a good substitute, so dropping some Long Tom smoke rounds is not a bad option. Partial cover is good if you can get it, while going out of line of sight entirely so you can only be shot at by a limited number of bad guys is even better.
So it would likely be useful for me to back up 4129 > 4130 > 4230 then move forward 4130 > 4129 for a move of 5 (assuming each hex is 1 move if facing isn't changed)?

Black Lives Matter

Isgrimnur - Facebook makes you hate your friends and family. LinkedIn makes you hate you co-workers. NextDoor makes you hate your neighbors.
NickAragua

Post by NickAragua »

TheMix wrote: Mon Jun 06, 2022 4:29 pm So it would likely be useful for me to back up 4129 > 4130 > 4230 then move forward 4130 > 4129 for a move of 5 (assuming each hex is 1 move if facing isn't changed)?
Heh, nope - backwards and forward movement don't stack for evasion purposes. The defensive modifier is the largest one due to either forward or backward motion.
Black Lives Matter
TheMix

Post by TheMix »

NickAragua wrote: Mon Jun 06, 2022 4:34 pm
TheMix wrote: Mon Jun 06, 2022 4:29 pm So it would likely be useful for me to back up 4129 > 4130 > 4230 then move forward 4130 > 4129 for a move of 5 (assuming each hex is 1 move if facing isn't changed)?
Heh, nope - backwards and forward movement don't stack for evasion purposes. The defensive modifier is the largest one due to either forward or backward motion.
Well... poo.

Then I guess I'll just move to 4129 for some leg protection. Well, that and the hill to the NE.

Black Lives Matter

Isgrimnur - Facebook makes you hate your friends and family. LinkedIn makes you hate you co-workers. NextDoor makes you hate your neighbors.
WestorEast

Post by WestorEast »

I'll move to 1223 and fire at the LRM carrier currently at 1312. Failing that, at the Hachetman currently at 0216. Long Tom to 4622.
TotallyNotEvil

Post by TotallyNotEvil »

Ok, I'll keep to:

> LICH: Move to 3029, one ERLL and both LRMs on the wounded Manticore 3016. Both ERMLs on the 3019 Vedette.
> Schrek: All PPCs on the Manticore 3016.
$iljanus
Forum Moderator

Post by $iljanus »

Let’s move my Mackie up to 0927. If I can target that Shadow Hawk in 0317 I’ll take the shot since its LRMs are going to be a pain in the ass. If I can’t hit it because of terrain I’ll take another shot at the Hatchetman. If my little buddy moves up to 1627 can he gang up on that Manticore in 3016?
Black lives matter!

Wise words of warning from Smoove B: Oh, how you all laughed when I warned you about the semen. Well, who's laughing now?
NickAragua

Post by NickAragua »

$iljanus wrote: Mon Jun 06, 2022 9:57 pm If my little buddy moves up to 1627 can he gang up on that Manticore in 3016?
Nope, no LOS - blocked by hex 2917. He's got plenty of other targets from there, though.
Black Lives Matter
$iljanus
Forum Moderator

Post by $iljanus »

NickAragua wrote: Mon Jun 06, 2022 10:20 pm
$iljanus wrote: Mon Jun 06, 2022 9:57 pm If my little buddy moves up to 1627 can he gang up on that Manticore in 3016?
Nope, no LOS - blocked by hex 2917. He's got plenty of other targets from there, though.
Bummer. But there's a whole column of Vedettes that are targetable? So not to hold things up if you can pick the best target after moving to its hex that would be great!
Black lives matter!

Wise words of warning from Smoove B: Oh, how you all laughed when I warned you about the semen. Well, who's laughing now?
Akalon

Post by Akalon »

So I'm at 3329, what is my current LoS? I'd like to target either the Falcon or Drillson if possible, are either of them in my range? And if not what would I have for LoS if I moved to 3528? Also I'll have my Drillson support me against my target with whatever it can follow up with weapon wise.
NickAragua

Post by NickAragua »

Akalon wrote: Tue Jun 07, 2022 2:25 am So I'm at 3329, what is my current LoS? I'd like to target either the Falcon or Drillson if possible, are either of them in my range? And if not what would I have for LoS if I moved to 3528?
For both of those, the only units you don't have LOS to (that are also within weapons range) are the ones is 3121 and 3221.

Although, now that you guys are in closer contact, I would recommend maxing out your movement modifiers a little more by jumping (3 or 5 hexes) or running (5 or 7 hexes), since lighter mechs are a little less able to absorb damage.
Black Lives Matter
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

TotallyNotEvil wrote: Mon Jun 06, 2022 4:18 am
Hey Guapo, I'm thinking of putting a couple of ERMLs and an LRM on the Drillson that has its right/rear turned towards us, can you put a couple of medium guns there to help? It's "only" got 19 points of armor on the right side to chew through, but I'd need to land everything to get that in one go.
Sure. Would a couple pulse medium lasers do it? They would hit on 5+ if I have this right (1 + 3 (movement) + 4 (range) -1 (improved long range targeting) - 2 (pulse laser bonus)) and do 7 damage apiece. Seems like it should get the job done?

So with the Daishi lets stay still again by our partial cover and fire:

2 medium pulse lasers at the 3221 Drillson
2 medium pulse lasers at the 3522 Falcon (that's in my front arc, right?)
1 LB-X/10 at the 3016 Manticore
2 LRM10s at the 3016 Manticore
2 large lasers at the 3221 Condor

Does that make sense? Should be 50 heat total (putting me up to 8 at the end of the turn). I don't have a great sense of how much armor the various targets have so feel free to reallocate based upon what makes sense and who else is targeting the same units.

For the Behemoth buddy he'll stay put (can't really go much of anywhere right now anyway) and fire at whoever makes sense to him.
Black Lives Matter.
NickAragua

Post by NickAragua »

El Guapo wrote: Tue Jun 07, 2022 9:59 am 2 medium pulse lasers at the 3221 Drillson
FYI Those two are out of your LOS, as is the 3221 Vedette (due to being short and adjacent to 3222 and 3122 respectively, which are one level higher than the vehicles).
Black Lives Matter
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

NickAragua wrote: Tue Jun 07, 2022 10:07 am
El Guapo wrote: Tue Jun 07, 2022 9:59 am 2 medium pulse lasers at the 3221 Drillson
FYI Those two are out of your LOS, as is the 3221 Vedette (due to being short and adjacent to 3222 and 3122 respectively, which are one level higher than the vehicles).
Ah. Then I'll redirect the 2 medium pulse laser shots to the 3019 Vedette, and the large laser shots to the 3011 Hetzer, if that all makes sense.
Black Lives Matter.
Akalon

Post by Akalon »

Ok, so I'll fire 2 ERML's at the Drillson, and 2 ERML's at the Falcon, then my flamer at the hex in front of me. And then (if I can) jump back to my starting spot.

I'll have my buddy go after the Falcon with its weapons.
NickAragua

Post by NickAragua »

Akalon wrote: Tue Jun 07, 2022 1:15 pm Ok, so I'll fire 2 ERML's at the Drillson, and 2 ERML's at the Falcon, then my flamer at the hex in front of me. And then (if I can) jump back to my starting spot.
The turn sequence (apologies for not making it clear) is move then fire. This turn it'll work fine, but most of the time it makes a difference.
Black Lives Matter
NickAragua

Post by NickAragua »

The first of the artillery rounds land - one scatters way the hell away from its intended target, the other lands dead on - the Bandersnatch catches a bunch of shrapnel to the head, while debris spangs off a nearby Vedette's turret.

Akalon's Drillson target moves too fast, skidding a little bit out of control and out of line of sight, leaving just the Falcon hovertank as the target for our Vulcan's weapons. Lasers slice across the hovertank's skirt, causing a cloud of dust to billow out - the hovertank slows down greatly. One of El Guapo's lasers connects with the Falcon tank, our mechwarrior spreading his fire out and hoping for a mobility kill, but with not much luck. The Behemoth out front, however, is in AC/10 range of a Vedette, punching several autocannon rounds through the front of the tank, taking it out.

Akalon's Drillson may have gotten away from him, but a well-placed laser blast from Akalon's "little" buddy slices off the hovertank's turret.

Lich frowns as a cloud of smoke billows out from where his LRMs hit the target Manticore, instead of explosions. "Ugh. Forgot to toggle." our mechwarrior comments. Still, the Manticore's treads take heavy damage from the standard LRMs, slowing it down substantially and nearly eliminating the front armor. An opening which the Schrek uses to put a PPC through, frying the tank's interior. Our tank pays a price though, a large amount of counterfire shredding its treads and immobilizing it. "Boss, we're two good laser hits away from getting lit up, we gotta bail!"

Leraje switches targets as the Griffin staggers to the side, opening fire on a Thunderbolt moving up to our position. The 5D is a weird variant, foregoing almost all of the of the original's weapons array in exchange for a single AC/20. Three PPCs connect, removing almost three tons of armor from the mech, leaving its right side fairly bare. The Demon tank's gauss slug goes wide as the mech ducks.

Bass, frustrated at the Drillson's escape, opens fire on the advancing Spartan instead as it snaps off a PPC shot at one of our hilltop tanks - the lasers connect, separating the Spartan from a good amount of its armor and forcing it to drop to the ground, face first, taking a considerable amount of time to get up before running up behind a steep cliff on the far side of Bass's hill. Our Stormcrow rocks as the Bandersnatch, despite having just taken a headshot, opens up with its twin LBX autocannons and LRMs - the armor damage is minimal, but a stray pellet gets through the left torso armor, disabling two heat sinks as it knocks around in the interior, while another stray pellet dings the cockpit.

Isgrimnur's Manticore buddy opens up on a Vedette that's part of the central armor column, breaching its left side armor with a PPC.

SgtSoldier dutifully hops back, firing up the Phoenix Hawk's jump jets and snapping off a symbolic laser blast at the distant Crusader. WestOrEast takes his place, eating a small number of LRMs from said Crusader, although the vast majority go wide. Our mechwarrior locks on to a distant LRM Carrier and lets loose with the Griffin's arsenal - the large laser fries the vehicle's front wheels, then the LRMs arrow in penetrating the armor and causing the carrier's left side to disappear. The return fire is painful, but the Griffin's armor holds. However, our mechwarrior is unable to keep the mech fully upright and has to drop to a knee to prevent from faceplanting.

Siljanus moves up, blasting away at an advancing Shadow Hawk with the Mackie's long-range big guns, hitting center of mass and gouging out huge chunks of armor. An AC/10 round from the hatchetman spangs off our mech's left torso, while an AC/5 round dings the Mackie's cockpit, causing all kinds of alarms to go off.

One of TheMix's pulse lasers and an LRM salvo connect with a Vedette moving down the canyon, the missiles blasting large parts off the tread assembly. It's not quite immobilized, but it's now as fast as a Behemoth. Which is not very fast.

Raw Data:
Spoiler:
Initiative Phase for Round #3
-------------------
1st Octopus Overlords rolls a 6[4+2].
Mercenary Primary Opfor rolls a 8[7+1].

Drillson Heavy Hover Tank (Standard) ID:235 (Mercenary Primary Opfor) must make a piloting skill check while moving from hex 3724 to hex 3725 (flanking and turning).
Needs 4 [4 (Base piloting skill) + 0 (flanking and turning)], rolls 3 : fails.

Drillson Heavy Hover Tank (Standard) ID:235 (Mercenary Primary Opfor) sideslips 1 hexes
    Skids into hex 3624.
    Skid ends.

Offboard Attack Phase
-------------------
Weapons fire for Spartan SPT-N2 ID:207 (Mercenary Primary Opfor)
     TAG at Ryoken (Stormcrow) Prime-OD ID:179 (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 11, rolls 7 : misses

Weapons fire for Spartan SPT-N2 ID:208 (Mercenary Primary Opfor)
     TAG at Thug THG-11EO ID:62 (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 10, rolls 8 : misses

Weapons fire for Mobile Long Tom Artillery (Unofficial) (+ Carriage) ID:24 (1st Octopus Overlords)
    Long Tom at Hex: 4716 (Artillery) needs 8, rolls 10 : hits the intended hex 4716.
Shot observed by Vedette Medium Tank (Standard) ID:203 (Mercenary Primary Opfor); off-board artillery unit may be targeted for counter-battery fire
Bandersnatch BNDR-01A ID:211 (Mercenary Primary Opfor) hit for 5 damage.
        Bandersnatch BNDR-01A ID:211 (Mercenary Primary Opfor) takes 5 damage to HD.
            4 Armor remaining.

Pilot of Bandersnatch BNDR-01A ID:211 (Mercenary Primary Opfor) "Noelle Wei" takes 1 damage (1 total hits).
        Pilot of Bandersnatch BNDR-01A ID:211 (Mercenary Primary Opfor) "Noelle Wei" needs a 3 to stay conscious. Rolls 12 : successful!
Vedette Medium Tank (AC2) ID:222 (Mercenary Primary Opfor) hit for 5 damage.
        Vedette Medium Tank (AC2) ID:222 (Mercenary Primary Opfor) takes 5 damage to TU.
            15 Armor remaining.

Weapons fire for Mobile Long Tom Artillery (Unofficial) (+ Carriage) ID:237 (1st Octopus Overlords)
    Long Tom at Hex: 3013 (Artillery) needs 11, rolls 2 : misses and scatters to hex 3917.
Shot observed by Vedette Medium Tank (Standard) ID:203 (Mercenary Primary Opfor); off-board artillery unit may be targeted for counter-battery fire

Weapon Attack Phase
-------------------

Weapons fire for Vulcan VL-5T-ODC ID:69 (1st Octopus Overlords)
     ER Medium Laser at Falcon Hover Tank (Standard) ID:204 (Mercenary Primary Opfor); needs 9, rolls 7 : misses

ER Medium Laser at Falcon Hover Tank (Standard) ID:204 (Mercenary Primary Opfor); needs 9, rolls 9 : - Glancing Blow -hits FR
        Falcon Hover Tank (Standard) ID:204 (Mercenary Primary Opfor) takes 3 damage to FR.
        Needs 7+ to destroy Searchlight, rolls 10.
        Searchlight destroyed!
            21 Armor remaining.

ER Medium Laser at Falcon Hover Tank (Standard) ID:204 (Mercenary Primary Opfor); needs 9, rolls 9 : - Glancing Blow -hits LS
        Falcon Hover Tank (Standard) ID:204 (Mercenary Primary Opfor) takes 3 damage to LS.
            13 Armor remaining.
            Chance for motive system damage. Roll is 10; (w/ +3 bonus)
             Heavy damage, +3 to driving skill rolls, 1/2 MP.

ER Medium Laser at Falcon Hover Tank (Standard) ID:204 (Mercenary Primary Opfor); needs 9, rolls 4 : misses

Weapons fire for Mackie MSK-8BG ID:70 (1st Octopus Overlords)
     PPC at Shadow Hawk SHD-2H ID:234 (Mercenary Primary Opfor); needs 7, rolls 4 : misses

PPC at Shadow Hawk SHD-2H ID:234 (Mercenary Primary Opfor); needs 7, rolls 9 : hits CT
        Shadow Hawk SHD-2H ID:234 (Mercenary Primary Opfor) takes 10 damage to CT.
        Needs 7+ to destroy Searchlight, rolls 6.
            13 Armor remaining.

Gauss Rifle at Shadow Hawk SHD-2H ID:234 (Mercenary Primary Opfor); needs 7, rolls 8 : hits RT
        Shadow Hawk SHD-2H ID:234 (Mercenary Primary Opfor) takes 15 damage to RT.
        Needs 7+ to destroy Searchlight, rolls 3.
            3 Armor remaining.

Weapons fire for Vedette Medium Tank (AC2) ID:202 (Mercenary Primary Opfor)
     AC/2 at Thug THG-11EO ID:62 (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 8, rolls 5 : misses

Weapons fire for Vedette Medium Tank (Standard) ID:203 (Mercenary Primary Opfor)
     AC/5 at Schrek PPC Carrier (Standard) ID:103 (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 9, rolls 10 : hits (using Right Side table) FR
        Schrek PPC Carrier (Standard) ID:103 (1st Octopus Overlords) takes 5 damage to FR.
            17 Armor remaining.
            Chance for motive system damage. Roll is 10; (w/ +2 bonus)

Weapons fire for Phoenix Hawk PXH-3D ID:92 (1st Octopus Overlords)
     ER Large Laser at Crusader CRD-5S ID:205 (Mercenary Primary Opfor); needs 11, rolls 8 : misses

Weapons fire for Falcon Hover Tank (Standard) ID:204 (Mercenary Primary Opfor)
     Medium Laser at Manticore Heavy Tank (Standard) ID:125 (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 10, rolls 10 : - Glancing Blow -hits FR
        Manticore Heavy Tank (Standard) ID:125 (1st Octopus Overlords) takes 2 damage to FR.
        Searchlight destroyed!
            40 Armor remaining.

SRM 6 at Manticore Heavy Tank (Standard) ID:125 (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 10, rolls 6 : misses

SRM 6 at Manticore Heavy Tank (Standard) ID:125 (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 10, rolls 6 : misses

Weapons fire for Crusader CRD-5S ID:205 (Mercenary Primary Opfor)
     LRM 15 at Griffin GRF-3MO-DG ID:159 (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 6, rolls 11 : - Direct Blow - 6 missile(s) hit (w/ +2 bonus).

Griffin GRF-3MO-DG ID:159 (1st Octopus Overlords) takes 5 damage to RA.
            13 Armor remaining.

Griffin GRF-3MO-DG ID:159 (1st Octopus Overlords) takes 1 damage to CT.
        Searchlight destroyed!
            26 Armor remaining.

LRM 15 at Griffin GRF-3MO-DG ID:159 (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 6, rolls 4 : misses

Weapons fire for Daishi (Dire Wolf) Prime LBX ID:175 (1st Octopus Overlords)
     Medium Pulse Laser at Falcon Hover Tank (Standard) ID:204 (Mercenary Primary Opfor); needs 6, rolls 7 : hits (using Right Side table) RS
        Falcon Hover Tank (Standard) ID:204 (Mercenary Primary Opfor) takes 7 damage to RS.
            9 Armor remaining.

Medium Pulse Laser at Falcon Hover Tank (Standard) ID:204 (Mercenary Primary Opfor); needs 6, rolls 5 : misses

Medium Pulse Laser at Vedette Medium Tank (Standard) ID:229 (Mercenary Primary Opfor); needs 5, rolls 10 : - Direct Blow - hits FR
        Vedette Medium Tank (Standard) ID:229 (Mercenary Primary Opfor) takes 8 damage to FR.
        Needs 7+ to destroy Searchlight, rolls 5.
            12 Armor remaining.

Medium Pulse Laser at Vedette Medium Tank (Standard) ID:229 (Mercenary Primary Opfor); needs 5, rolls 7 : hits FR
        Vedette Medium Tank (Standard) ID:229 (Mercenary Primary Opfor) takes 7 damage to FR.
        Needs 7+ to destroy Searchlight, rolls 7.
        Searchlight destroyed!
            5 Armor remaining.

ER Large Laser at Hetzer Wheeled Assault Gun (Scout) ID:233 (Mercenary Primary Opfor); needs 5, rolls 4 : misses

ER Large Laser at Hetzer Wheeled Assault Gun (Scout) ID:233 (Mercenary Primary Opfor); needs 5, rolls 4 : misses

LRM 10 at Manticore Heavy Tank (Standard) ID:231 (Mercenary Primary Opfor); needs 5, rolls 8 : - Direct Blow - 6 missile(s) hit (w/ +2 bonus).

Manticore Heavy Tank (Standard) ID:231 (Mercenary Primary Opfor) takes 5 damage to TU.
            37 Armor remaining.

Manticore Heavy Tank (Standard) ID:231 (Mercenary Primary Opfor) takes 1 damage to FR.
            31 Armor remaining.

LB 10-X AC (Cluster ammo) at Manticore Heavy Tank (Standard) ID:231 (Mercenary Primary Opfor); needs 5, rolls 3 : misses

Weapons fire for Thunderbolt TDR-5D ID:206 (Mercenary Primary Opfor)
     LRM 10 at Manticore Heavy Tank (Standard) ID:125 (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 9, rolls 5 : misses

Weapons fire for Spartan SPT-N2 ID:207 (Mercenary Primary Opfor)
     ER PPC at Schrek PPC Carrier (Standard) ID:103 (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 10, rolls 2 : misses

Weapons fire for Masakari (Warhawk) Prime-OD ID:176 (1st Octopus Overlords)
     ER PPC at Thunderbolt TDR-5D ID:206 (Mercenary Primary Opfor); needs 6, rolls 7 : hits CT
        Thunderbolt TDR-5D ID:206 (Mercenary Primary Opfor) takes 15 damage to CT.
            15 Armor remaining.

ER PPC at Thunderbolt TDR-5D ID:206 (Mercenary Primary Opfor); needs 6, rolls 11 : - Direct Blow - hits RT
        Thunderbolt TDR-5D ID:206 (Mercenary Primary Opfor) takes 16 damage to RT.
            8 Armor remaining.

ER PPC at Thunderbolt TDR-5D ID:206 (Mercenary Primary Opfor); needs 6, rolls 10 : - Direct Blow - hits RA
        Thunderbolt TDR-5D ID:206 (Mercenary Primary Opfor) takes 16 damage to RA.
            4 Armor remaining.

Weapons fire for Spartan SPT-N2 ID:208 (Mercenary Primary Opfor)
     ER PPC at Thug THG-11EO ID:62 (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 8, rolls 5 : misses

Weapons fire for Hatchetman HCT-3F ID:209 (Mercenary Primary Opfor)
     AC/10 at Mackie MSK-8BG ID:70 (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 9, rolls 9 : - Glancing Blow -hits (using Partial cover (horizontal 50%) table) LT
        Mackie MSK-8BG ID:70 (1st Octopus Overlords) takes 5 damage to LT.
        Searchlight destroyed!
            27 Armor remaining.

Weapons fire for Vulture (Mad Dog) Prime ID:182 (1st Octopus Overlords)
     Large Pulse Laser at Vedette Medium Tank (AC2) ID:221 (Mercenary Primary Opfor); needs 6, rolls 3 : misses

Large Pulse Laser at Vedette Medium Tank (AC2) ID:221 (Mercenary Primary Opfor); needs 6, rolls 10 : - Direct Blow - hits FR
        Vedette Medium Tank (AC2) ID:221 (Mercenary Primary Opfor) takes 11 damage to FR.
        Searchlight destroyed!
            9 Armor remaining.

LRM 20 at Vedette Medium Tank (AC2) ID:221 (Mercenary Primary Opfor); needs 8, rolls 9 : 16 missile(s) hit.

Vedette Medium Tank (AC2) ID:221 (Mercenary Primary Opfor) takes 5 damage to TU.
            15 Armor remaining.

Vedette Medium Tank (AC2) ID:221 (Mercenary Primary Opfor) takes 5 damage to LS.
            13 Armor remaining.
            Chance for motive system damage. Roll is 8; (w/ +0 bonus)
             Moderate damage, +2 to driving skill rolls, -1 MP.

Vedette Medium Tank (AC2) ID:221 (Mercenary Primary Opfor) takes 5 damage to LS.
            8 Armor remaining.
            Chance for motive system damage. Roll is 11; (w/ +0 bonus)

Vedette Medium Tank (AC2) ID:221 (Mercenary Primary Opfor) takes 1 damage to FR.
            8 Armor remaining.

Weapons fire for Manticore Heavy Tank (Standard) ID:210 (Mercenary Primary Opfor)
     PPC at Ryoken (Stormcrow) Prime-OD ID:179 (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 11, rolls 7 : misses

LRM 10 at Ryoken (Stormcrow) Prime-OD ID:179 (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 11, rolls 8 : misses

Weapons fire for Bandersnatch BNDR-01A ID:211 (Mercenary Primary Opfor)
     LRM 5 at Ryoken (Stormcrow) Prime-OD ID:179 (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 9, rolls 7 : misses

LRM 5 at Ryoken (Stormcrow) Prime-OD ID:179 (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 9, rolls 8 : misses

LRM 5 at Ryoken (Stormcrow) Prime-OD ID:179 (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 9, rolls 9 : - Glancing Blow -1 missile(s) hit (w/ -4 malus).

Ryoken (Stormcrow) Prime-OD ID:179 (1st Octopus Overlords) takes 1 damage to RL.
            25 Armor remaining.

LB 10-X AC (Cluster ammo) at Ryoken (Stormcrow) Prime-OD ID:179 (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 8, rolls 10 : 6 pellet(s) hit.

Ryoken (Stormcrow) Prime-OD ID:179 (1st Octopus Overlords) takes 1 damage to LL.
            25 Armor remaining.

Ryoken (Stormcrow) Prime-OD ID:179 (1st Octopus Overlords) takes 1 damage to HD.
            8 Armor remaining.

Pilot of Ryoken (Stormcrow) Prime-OD ID:179 (1st Octopus Overlords) "Corporal Tomoyuki "Bass Mk III" Owen" takes 1 damage (1 total hits).
        Pilot of Ryoken (Stormcrow) Prime-OD ID:179 (1st Octopus Overlords) "Corporal Tomoyuki "Bass Mk III" Owen" needs a 3 to stay conscious. Rolls 5 : successful!

Ryoken (Stormcrow) Prime-OD ID:179 (1st Octopus Overlords) takes 1 damage to LA.
            17 Armor remaining.

Ryoken (Stormcrow) Prime-OD ID:179 (1st Octopus Overlords) takes 1 damage to CT.
        Searchlight destroyed!
            24 Armor remaining.

Ryoken (Stormcrow) Prime-OD ID:179 (1st Octopus Overlords) takes 1 damage to CT.
            23 Armor remaining.

Ryoken (Stormcrow) Prime-OD ID:179 (1st Octopus Overlords) takes 1 damage to RT.
            16 Armor remaining.

LB 10-X AC (Cluster ammo) at Ryoken (Stormcrow) Prime-OD ID:179 (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 8, rolls 12 : - Direct Blow - 6 pellet(s) hit (w/ +2 bonus).

Ryoken (Stormcrow) Prime-OD ID:179 (1st Octopus Overlords) takes 1 damage to LT.
            16 Armor remaining.

22 Armor remaining.

Ryoken (Stormcrow) Prime-OD ID:179 (1st Octopus Overlords) takes 1 damage to LT (critical).
            15 Armor remaining.
            Critical hit on LT. Roll is (11+1) = 12; 3 locations.
            CRITICAL HIT on Double Heat Sink.

Ryoken (Stormcrow) Prime-OD ID:179 (1st Octopus Overlords) takes 1 damage to RT.
            15 Armor remaining.

14 Armor remaining.

21 Armor remaining.

Weapons fire for Ryoken (Stormcrow) Prime-OD ID:179 (1st Octopus Overlords)
     ER Large Laser at Spartan SPT-N2 ID:207 (Mercenary Primary Opfor); needs 7, rolls 11 : - Direct Blow - hits LA
        Spartan SPT-N2 ID:207 (Mercenary Primary Opfor) takes 11 damage to LA.
            15 Armor remaining.

ER Large Laser at Spartan SPT-N2 ID:207 (Mercenary Primary Opfor); needs 7, rolls 7 : - Glancing Blow -hits RT
        Spartan SPT-N2 ID:207 (Mercenary Primary Opfor) takes 5 damage to RT.
        Searchlight destroyed!
            21 Armor remaining.

ER Medium Laser at Spartan SPT-N2 ID:207 (Mercenary Primary Opfor); needs 7, rolls 8 : hits RL
        Spartan SPT-N2 ID:207 (Mercenary Primary Opfor) takes 7 damage to RL.
            19 Armor remaining.

ER Medium Laser at Spartan SPT-N2 ID:207 (Mercenary Primary Opfor); needs 7, rolls 10 : - Direct Blow - hits CT
        Spartan SPT-N2 ID:207 (Mercenary Primary Opfor) takes 8 damage to CT.
            23 Armor remaining.

ER Medium Laser at Spartan SPT-N2 ID:207 (Mercenary Primary Opfor); needs 7, rolls 9 : hits CT
        Spartan SPT-N2 ID:207 (Mercenary Primary Opfor) takes 7 damage to CT.
            16 Armor remaining.

Weapons fire for Archer ARC-2R ID:212 (Mercenary Primary Opfor)
     LRM 20 at Thug THG-11EO ID:62 (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 11, rolls 6 : misses

Weapons fire for Scorpion Light Tank (Standard) ID:213 (Mercenary Primary Opfor)
     AC/5 at Mackie MSK-8BG ID:70 (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 7, rolls 8 : hits (using Partial cover (horizontal 50%) table) HD
        Mackie MSK-8BG ID:70 (1st Octopus Overlords) takes 5 damage to HD.
            1 Armor remaining.

Pilot of Mackie MSK-8BG ID:70 (1st Octopus Overlords) "Lieutenant SG Omer "Siljanus Mk II" Nanji" takes 1 damage (2 total hits).
        Pilot of Mackie MSK-8BG ID:70 (1st Octopus Overlords) "Lieutenant SG Omer "Siljanus Mk II" Nanji" needs a 5 to stay conscious. Rolls 6 : successful!

Weapons fire for Griffin GRF-3MO-DG ID:159 (1st Octopus Overlords)
     PPC at LRM Carrier (Standard) ID:217 (Mercenary Primary Opfor); needs 9, rolls 10 : hits FR
        LRM Carrier (Standard) ID:217 (Mercenary Primary Opfor) takes 10 damage to FR.
            2 Armor remaining.
            Chance for motive system damage. Roll is 12; (w/ +0 bonus)
             Major damage, vehicle immobile.

ER Medium Laser at LRM Carrier (Standard) ID:217 (Mercenary Primary Opfor); needs 9, rolls 7 : misses

ER Medium Laser at LRM Carrier (Standard) ID:217 (Mercenary Primary Opfor); needs 9, rolls 8 : misses

LRM 15 at LRM Carrier (Standard) ID:217 (Mercenary Primary Opfor); needs 7, rolls 8 : 12 missile(s) hit.

LRM Carrier (Standard) ID:217 (Mercenary Primary Opfor) takes 5 damage to LS.
            Armor destroyed.
             5 Internal Structure remaining.
            Chance for motive system damage. Roll is 9; (w/ +0 bonus)
            Critical hit on LS. Roll is 5; no effect.

LRM Carrier (Standard) ID:217 (Mercenary Primary Opfor) takes 5 damage to LS.
             SECTION DESTROYED.
*** LRM Carrier (Standard) ID:217 (Mercenary Primary Opfor) DESTROYED by damage! ***
            Chance for motive system damage. Roll is 6; (w/ +0 bonus)
             Minor damage, +1 to driving skill rolls.
            Critical hit on LS. Roll is 7; Crew stunned for 1 turns.

LRM Carrier (Standard) ID:217 (Mercenary Primary Opfor) takes 2 damage to LS.

Weapons fire for Mad Cat (Timber Wolf) (Pryde-TNE-G) ID:178 (1st Octopus Overlords)
     ER Large Laser at Manticore Heavy Tank (Standard) ID:231 (Mercenary Primary Opfor); needs 6, rolls 12 : - Direct Blow - hits FR
        Manticore Heavy Tank (Standard) ID:231 (Mercenary Primary Opfor) takes 12 damage to FR.
            19 Armor remaining.

LRM 20 at Manticore Heavy Tank (Standard) ID:231 (Mercenary Primary Opfor); needs 6, rolls 7 : 16 missile(s) hit.

Manticore Heavy Tank (Standard) ID:231 (Mercenary Primary Opfor) takes 5 damage to FR.
            14 Armor remaining.

Manticore Heavy Tank (Standard) ID:231 (Mercenary Primary Opfor) takes 5 damage to FR.
            9 Armor remaining.
            Chance for motive system damage. Roll is 9; (w/ +0 bonus)

4 Armor remaining.

Manticore Heavy Tank (Standard) ID:231 (Mercenary Primary Opfor) takes 1 damage to LS.
            22 Armor remaining.
            Chance for motive system damage. Roll is 5; (w/ +0 bonus)
             no effect.

LRM 20 ((Clan) Smoke ammo) at Manticore Heavy Tank (Standard) ID:231 (Mercenary Primary Opfor); needs 6, rolls 7 : hits the intended hex 3016.
        Heavy smoke fills 3016!

ER Medium Laser at Vedette Medium Tank (Standard) ID:229 (Mercenary Primary Opfor); needs 8, rolls 7 : misses

ER Medium Laser at Vedette Medium Tank (Standard) ID:229 (Mercenary Primary Opfor); needs 8, rolls 9 : hits TU
        Vedette Medium Tank (Standard) ID:229 (Mercenary Primary Opfor) takes 7 damage to TU.
            13 Armor remaining.

Weapons fire for Vedette Medium Tank (Standard) ID:216 (Mercenary Primary Opfor)
     AC/5 at Griffin GRF-3MO-DG ID:159 (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 8, rolls 5 : misses

Weapons fire for LRM Carrier (Standard) ID:217 (Mercenary Primary Opfor)
     LRM 20 at Griffin GRF-3MO-DG ID:159 (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 6, rolls 11 : - Direct Blow - 16 missile(s) hit (w/ +2 bonus).

Griffin GRF-3MO-DG ID:159 (1st Octopus Overlords) takes 5 damage to LT.
            15 Armor remaining.

Griffin GRF-3MO-DG ID:159 (1st Octopus Overlords) takes 5 damage to LT.
            10 Armor remaining.

Griffin GRF-3MO-DG ID:159 (1st Octopus Overlords) takes 5 damage to LL.
            19 Armor remaining.

Griffin GRF-3MO-DG ID:159 (1st Octopus Overlords) takes 1 damage to LA.
            17 Armor remaining.

LRM 20 at Griffin GRF-3MO-DG ID:159 (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 6, rolls 10 : - Direct Blow - 16 missile(s) hit (w/ +2 bonus).

Griffin GRF-3MO-DG ID:159 (1st Octopus Overlords) takes 5 damage to LA.
            12 Armor remaining.

14 Armor remaining.

Griffin GRF-3MO-DG ID:159 (1st Octopus Overlords) takes 5 damage to RL.
            19 Armor remaining.

Griffin GRF-3MO-DG ID:159 (1st Octopus Overlords) takes 1 damage to RT.
            19 Armor remaining.

LRM 20 at Griffin GRF-3MO-DG ID:159 (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 6, rolls 6 : - Glancing Blow -6 missile(s) hit (w/ -4 malus).

9 Armor remaining.

Griffin GRF-3MO-DG ID:159 (1st Octopus Overlords) takes 1 damage to RL.
            18 Armor remaining.

Weapons fire for Schrek PPC Carrier (Standard) ID:103 (1st Octopus Overlords)
     PPC at Manticore Heavy Tank (Standard) ID:231 (Mercenary Primary Opfor); needs 6, rolls 4 : misses

PPC at Manticore Heavy Tank (Standard) ID:231 (Mercenary Primary Opfor); needs 6, rolls 7 : hits FR
        Manticore Heavy Tank (Standard) ID:231 (Mercenary Primary Opfor) takes 10 damage to FR.
            Armor destroyed.
             SECTION DESTROYED.
*** Manticore Heavy Tank (Standard) ID:231 (Mercenary Primary Opfor) DESTROYED by damage! ***
            Critical hit on FR. Roll is 6; Driver injured!

PPC at Manticore Heavy Tank (Standard) ID:231 (Mercenary Primary Opfor); needs 6, rolls 7 : hits TU (critical)
        Manticore Heavy Tank (Standard) ID:231 (Mercenary Primary Opfor) takes 10 damage to TU (critical).
            27 Armor remaining.
            Critical hit on TU. Roll is 4; no effect.

Weapons fire for Partisan Heavy Tank (Standard) ID:219 (Mercenary Primary Opfor)
     AC/5 at Schrek PPC Carrier (Standard) ID:103 (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 9, rolls 8 : misses

AC/5 at Schrek PPC Carrier (Standard) ID:103 (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 9, rolls 9 : - Glancing Blow -hits FR
        Schrek PPC Carrier (Standard) ID:103 (1st Octopus Overlords) takes 2 damage to FR.
            15 Armor remaining.

AC/5 at Schrek PPC Carrier (Standard) ID:103 (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 9, rolls 8 : misses

AC/5 at Schrek PPC Carrier (Standard) ID:103 (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 9, rolls 7 : misses

Weapons fire for Drillson Heavy Hover Tank (Standard) ID:116 (1st Octopus Overlords)
     Large Laser at Vedette Medium Tank (Standard) ID:216 (Mercenary Primary Opfor); needs 11, rolls 3 : misses

LRM 10 at Vedette Medium Tank (Standard) ID:226 (Mercenary Primary Opfor); needs 8, rolls 5 : misses

Weapons fire for Behemoth Heavy Tank (Standard) ID:220 (Mercenary Primary Opfor)
     LRM 5 at Drillson Heavy Hover Tank (Standard) ID:116 (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 11, rolls 6 : misses

LRM 5 at Drillson Heavy Hover Tank (Standard) ID:116 (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 11, rolls 6 : misses

LRM 5 at Drillson Heavy Hover Tank (Standard) ID:116 (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 11, rolls 5 : misses

LRM 5 at Drillson Heavy Hover Tank (Standard) ID:116 (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 11, rolls 5 : misses

Weapons fire for Vedette Medium Tank (AC2) ID:221 (Mercenary Primary Opfor)
     AC/2 at Vulture (Mad Dog) Prime ID:182 (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 8, rolls 5 : misses

Weapons fire for Manticore Heavy Tank (Standard) ID:96 (1st Octopus Overlords)
     PPC at Vedette Medium Tank (AC2) ID:221 (Mercenary Primary Opfor); needs 9, rolls 11 : hits (using Rear table) LS
        Vedette Medium Tank (AC2) ID:221 (Mercenary Primary Opfor) takes 10 damage to LS.
            Armor destroyed.
             3 Internal Structure remaining.
            Chance for motive system damage. Roll is 11; (w/ +1 bonus)
            Critical hit on LS. Roll is 6; Crew stunned for 1 turns.

LRM 10 at Vedette Medium Tank (AC2) ID:221 (Mercenary Primary Opfor); needs 9, rolls 10 : 10 missile(s) hit (using Rear table).

Vedette Medium Tank (AC2) ID:221 (Mercenary Primary Opfor) takes 5 damage to RR.
            15 Armor remaining.

Vedette Medium Tank (AC2) ID:221 (Mercenary Primary Opfor) takes 5 damage to TU.
            10 Armor remaining.

Weapons fire for Vedette Medium Tank (AC2) ID:222 (Mercenary Primary Opfor)
     AC/2 at Ryoken (Stormcrow) Prime-OD ID:179 (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 10, rolls 5 : misses

Weapons fire for Demon Tank (Standard) ID:166 (1st Octopus Overlords)
     Gauss Rifle at Thunderbolt TDR-5D ID:206 (Mercenary Primary Opfor); needs 8, rolls 6 : misses

SRM 6 at Falcon Hover Tank (Standard) ID:204 (Mercenary Primary Opfor); needs 11, rolls 11 : - Glancing Blow -2 missile(s) hit (w/ -4 malus).

Falcon Hover Tank (Standard) ID:204 (Mercenary Primary Opfor) takes 2 damage to FR.
            19 Armor remaining.

Falcon Hover Tank (Standard) ID:204 (Mercenary Primary Opfor) takes 2 damage to FR.
            17 Armor remaining.

Weapons fire for Locust LCT-3V ID:225 (Mercenary Primary Opfor)
     Medium Laser at Mackie MSK-8BG ID:70 (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 9, rolls 2 : misses

Medium Laser at Mackie MSK-8BG ID:70 (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 9, rolls 4 : misses

Weapons fire for Behemoth Heavy Tank (Standard) ID:130 (1st Octopus Overlords)
     AC/10 at Vedette Medium Tank (Standard) ID:229 (Mercenary Primary Opfor); needs 8, rolls 9 : hits FR
        Vedette Medium Tank (Standard) ID:229 (Mercenary Primary Opfor) takes 10 damage to FR.
            Armor destroyed.
             SECTION DESTROYED.
*** Vedette Medium Tank (Standard) ID:229 (Mercenary Primary Opfor) DESTROYED by damage! ***
            Critical hit on FR. Roll is 3; no effect.

AC/10 at Vedette Medium Tank (Standard) ID:229 (Mercenary Primary Opfor); needs 8, rolls 5 : misses

LRM 5 at Vedette Medium Tank (Standard) ID:226 (Mercenary Primary Opfor); needs 7, rolls 8 : 4 missile(s) hit.

Vedette Medium Tank (Standard) ID:226 (Mercenary Primary Opfor) takes 4 damage to FR.
            16 Armor remaining.

LRM 5 at Vedette Medium Tank (Standard) ID:226 (Mercenary Primary Opfor); needs 7, rolls 10 : - Direct Blow - 5 missile(s) hit (w/ +2 bonus).

Vedette Medium Tank (Standard) ID:226 (Mercenary Primary Opfor) takes 5 damage to TU.
            15 Armor remaining.

LRM 5 at Vedette Medium Tank (Standard) ID:226 (Mercenary Primary Opfor); needs 7, rolls 10 : - Direct Blow - 3 missile(s) hit (w/ +2 bonus).

Vedette Medium Tank (Standard) ID:226 (Mercenary Primary Opfor) takes 3 damage to LS.
            3 Armor remaining.
            Chance for motive system damage. Roll is 10; (w/ +0 bonus)

LRM 5 at Vedette Medium Tank (Standard) ID:226 (Mercenary Primary Opfor); needs 7, rolls 7 : - Glancing Blow -2 missile(s) hit (w/ -4 malus).

Vedette Medium Tank (Standard) ID:226 (Mercenary Primary Opfor) takes 2 damage to TU.
            13 Armor remaining.

Weapons fire for Vedette Medium Tank (Standard) ID:226 (Mercenary Primary Opfor)
     AC/5 at Demon Tank (Standard) ID:166 (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 7, rolls 8 : hits FR
        Demon Tank (Standard) ID:166 (1st Octopus Overlords) takes 5 damage to FR.
        Searchlight destroyed!
            45 Armor remaining.

Weapons fire for Drillson Heavy Hover Tank (Standard) ID:122 (1st Octopus Overlords)
     LRM 10 at Vedette Medium Tank (Standard) ID:226 (Mercenary Primary Opfor); needs 10, rolls 8 : misses

Weapons fire for Griffin GRF-1DS ID:228 (Mercenary Primary Opfor)
     LRM 20 at Manticore Heavy Tank (Standard) ID:125 (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 7, rolls 7 : - Glancing Blow -6 missile(s) hit (w/ -4 malus).

Manticore Heavy Tank (Standard) ID:125 (1st Octopus Overlords) takes 5 damage to LS.
            23 Armor remaining.
            Chance for motive system damage. Roll is 7; (w/ +0 bonus)
             Minor damage, +1 to driving skill rolls.

Manticore Heavy Tank (Standard) ID:125 (1st Octopus Overlords) takes 1 damage to FR.
            39 Armor remaining.
            Chance for motive system damage. Roll is 5; (w/ +0 bonus)
             no effect.

Weapons fire for Vedette Medium Tank (Standard) ID:229 (Mercenary Primary Opfor)
     AC/5 at Thug THG-11EO ID:62 (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 7, rolls 8 : hits LL
        Thug THG-11EO ID:62 (1st Octopus Overlords) takes 5 damage to LL.
            29 Armor remaining.

Weapons fire for Drillson Heavy Hover Tank (Standard) ID:199 (1st Octopus Overlords)
     LRM 10 at Thunderbolt TDR-5D ID:206 (Mercenary Primary Opfor); needs 8, rolls 6 : misses

Large Laser at Drillson Heavy Hover Tank (Standard) ID:235 (Mercenary Primary Opfor); needs 9, rolls 12 : - Direct Blow - hits TU (critical)
        Drillson Heavy Hover Tank (Standard) ID:235 (Mercenary Primary Opfor) takes 9 damage to TU (critical).
            15 Armor remaining.
            Critical hit on TU. Roll is (12+1) = 13; Turret blown off!
*** Drillson Heavy Hover Tank (Standard) ID:235 (Mercenary Primary Opfor) DESTROYED by turret blown off! ***

SRM 2 at Drillson Heavy Hover Tank (Standard) ID:235 (Mercenary Primary Opfor); needs 9, rolls 5 : misses

SRM 2 at Drillson Heavy Hover Tank (Standard) ID:235 (Mercenary Primary Opfor); needs 9, rolls 6 : misses

Machine Gun at Drillson Heavy Hover Tank (Standard) ID:235 (Mercenary Primary Opfor); needs 11, rolls 5 : misses

Machine Gun at Drillson Heavy Hover Tank (Standard) ID:235 (Mercenary Primary Opfor); needs 11, rolls 4 : misses

Weapons fire for Manticore Heavy Tank (Standard) ID:231 (Mercenary Primary Opfor)
     PPC at Schrek PPC Carrier (Standard) ID:103 (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 6, rolls 5 : misses

LRM 10 at Schrek PPC Carrier (Standard) ID:103 (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 6, rolls 6 : - Glancing Blow -6 missile(s) hit (w/ -4 malus).

Schrek PPC Carrier (Standard) ID:103 (1st Octopus Overlords) takes 5 damage to FR.
            10 Armor remaining.

Schrek PPC Carrier (Standard) ID:103 (1st Octopus Overlords) takes 1 damage to FR.
            9 Armor remaining.

Weapons fire for Manticore Heavy Tank (Standard) ID:125 (1st Octopus Overlords)
     PPC at Thunderbolt TDR-5D ID:206 (Mercenary Primary Opfor); needs 8, rolls 2 : misses

Medium Laser at Falcon Hover Tank (Standard) ID:204 (Mercenary Primary Opfor); needs 11, rolls 4 : misses

LRM 10 at Thunderbolt TDR-5D ID:206 (Mercenary Primary Opfor); needs 8, rolls 2 : misses

SRM 6 at Falcon Hover Tank (Standard) ID:204 (Mercenary Primary Opfor); needs 11, rolls 3 : misses

Weapons fire for Shadow Hawk SHD-2H ID:234 (Mercenary Primary Opfor)
     AC/5 at Griffin GRF-3MO-DG ID:159 (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 6, rolls 5 : misses

LRM 5 at Griffin GRF-3MO-DG ID:159 (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 6, rolls 11 : - Direct Blow - 4 missile(s) hit (w/ +2 bonus).

Griffin GRF-3MO-DG ID:159 (1st Octopus Overlords) takes 4 damage to LL.
            5 Armor remaining.

Weapons fire for Griffin GRF-1S ID:236 (Mercenary Primary Opfor)
     Large Laser at Manticore Heavy Tank (Standard) ID:125 (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 11, rolls 4 : misses

LRM 5 at Manticore Heavy Tank (Standard) ID:125 (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 11, rolls 7 : misses

Weapons fire for Thug THG-11EO ID:62 (1st Octopus Overlords)
     PPC at Archer ARC-2R ID:212 (Mercenary Primary Opfor); needs 9, rolls 3 : misses

PPC at Archer ARC-2R ID:212 (Mercenary Primary Opfor); needs 9, rolls 4 : misses

SRM 6 at Vedette Medium Tank (Standard) ID:229 (Mercenary Primary Opfor); needs 11, rolls 3 : misses

Weapons fire for Drillson Heavy Hover Tank (Standard) ID:235 (Mercenary Primary Opfor)
     LRM 10 at Vulture (Mad Dog) Prime ID:182 (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 9, rolls 9 : - Glancing Blow -3 missile(s) hit (w/ -4 malus).

Vulture (Mad Dog) Prime ID:182 (1st Octopus Overlords) takes 3 damage to LT.
        Needs 7+ to destroy Searchlight, rolls 6.
            13 Armor remaining.

Machine Gun at Drillson Heavy Hover Tank (Standard) ID:199 (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 10, rolls 9 : misses

Machine Gun at Drillson Heavy Hover Tank (Standard) ID:199 (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 10, rolls 9 : misses

SRM 2 at Vulture (Mad Dog) Prime ID:182 (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 5, rolls 5 : - Glancing Blow -1 missile(s) hit (w/ -4 malus).

Vulture (Mad Dog) Prime ID:182 (1st Octopus Overlords) takes 2 damage to CT.
            21 Armor remaining.

SRM 2 at Vulture (Mad Dog) Prime ID:182 (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 5, rolls 5 : - Glancing Blow -1 missile(s) hit (w/ -4 malus).

Vulture (Mad Dog) Prime ID:182 (1st Octopus Overlords) takes 2 damage to LT.
        Searchlight destroyed!
            11 Armor remaining.

Large Laser at Vulture (Mad Dog) Prime ID:182 (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 7, rolls 10 : - Direct Blow - hits RA
        Vulture (Mad Dog) Prime ID:182 (1st Octopus Overlords) takes 9 damage to RA.
            7 Armor remaining.

Griffin GRF-3MO-DG ID:159 (1st Octopus Overlords) must make 1 piloting skill roll(s) (40+ damage).
The base target is 2 [2 (Base piloting skill)].
    Roll #1, (2 (Base piloting skill) + 2 (40+ damage)); needs 4, rolls 3 : falls.
Griffin GRF-3MO-DG ID:159 (1st Octopus Overlords) goes back to the hull down position instead of falling to the ground.

Thunderbolt TDR-5D ID:206 (Mercenary Primary Opfor) must make 1 piloting skill roll(s) (40+ damage).
    Roll #1, (2 (Base piloting skill) + 2 (40+ damage)); needs 4, rolls 6 : succeeds.

Spartan SPT-N2 ID:207 (Mercenary Primary Opfor) must make 1 piloting skill roll(s) (20+ damage).
The base target is 6 [6 (Base piloting skill)].
    Roll #1, (6 (Base piloting skill) + 1 (20+ damage)); needs 7, rolls 6 : falls.
     Spartan SPT-N2 ID:207 (Mercenary Primary Opfor) falls on its front, suffering 8 damage.
        Spartan SPT-N2 ID:207 (Mercenary Primary Opfor) takes 5 damage to RT.
            16 Armor remaining.
        Spartan SPT-N2 ID:207 (Mercenary Primary Opfor) takes 3 damage to LL.
            23 Armor remaining.

Pilot of Spartan SPT-N2 ID:207 (Mercenary Primary Opfor) "Eustace Yousafzai" must roll 7 to avoid damage; rolls 5 : fails.
        Pilot of Spartan SPT-N2 ID:207 (Mercenary Primary Opfor) "Eustace Yousafzai" takes 1 damage (1 total hits).
        Pilot of Spartan SPT-N2 ID:207 (Mercenary Primary Opfor) "Eustace Yousafzai" needs a 3 to stay conscious. Rolls 4 : successful!

Shadow Hawk SHD-2H ID:234 (Mercenary Primary Opfor) must make 1 piloting skill roll(s) (20+ damage).
    Roll #1, (2 (Base piloting skill) + 1 (20+ damage)); needs 3, rolls 8 : succeeds.

Heat Phase
-------------------
Thug THG-11EO ID:62 (1st Octopus Overlords) gains 26 heat, sinks 26 heat and is now at 0 heat.
Vulcan VL-5T-ODC ID:69 (1st Octopus Overlords) gains 22 heat, sinks 22 heat and is now at 0 heat.
Mackie MSK-8BG ID:70 (1st Octopus Overlords) gains 23 heat, sinks 21 heat and is now at 4 heat.
Phoenix Hawk PXH-3D ID:92 (1st Octopus Overlords) gains 18 heat, sinks 23 heat and is now at 0 heat.
Daishi (Dire Wolf) Prime LBX ID:175 (1st Octopus Overlords) gains 46 heat, sinks 44 heat and is now at 4 heat.
Masakari (Warhawk) Prime-OD ID:176 (1st Octopus Overlords) gains 45 heat, sinks 52 heat and is now at 1 heat.
Vulture (Mad Dog) Prime ID:182 (1st Octopus Overlords) gains 27 heat, sinks 24 heat and is now at 3 heat.
Ryoken (Stormcrow) Prime-OD ID:179 (1st Octopus Overlords) gains 39 heat, sinks 36 heat and is now at 3 heat.
Griffin GRF-3MO-DG ID:159 (1st Octopus Overlords) gains 27 heat, sinks 26 heat and is now at 2 heat.
Mad Cat (Timber Wolf) (Pryde-TNE-G) ID:178 (1st Octopus Overlords) gains 35 heat, sinks 34 heat and is now at 4 heat.
Crusader CRD-5S ID:205 (Mercenary Primary Opfor) gains 11 heat, sinks 11 heat and is now at 0 heat.
Thunderbolt TDR-5D ID:206 (Mercenary Primary Opfor) gains 6 heat, sinks 6 heat and is now at 0 heat.
Spartan SPT-N2 ID:207 (Mercenary Primary Opfor) gains 17 heat, sinks 17 heat and is now at 0 heat.
Spartan SPT-N2 ID:208 (Mercenary Primary Opfor) gains 17 heat, sinks 17 heat and is now at 0 heat.
Hatchetman HCT-3F ID:209 (Mercenary Primary Opfor) gains 5 heat, sinks 5 heat and is now at 0 heat.
Bandersnatch BNDR-01A ID:211 (Mercenary Primary Opfor) gains 12 heat, sinks 12 heat and is now at 0 heat.
Archer ARC-2R ID:212 (Mercenary Primary Opfor) gains 8 heat, sinks 8 heat and is now at 0 heat.
Locust LCT-3V ID:225 (Mercenary Primary Opfor) gains 8 heat, sinks 8 heat and is now at 0 heat.
Griffin GRF-1DS ID:228 (Mercenary Primary Opfor) gains 9 heat, sinks 9 heat and is now at 0 heat.
Shadow Hawk SHD-2H ID:234 (Mercenary Primary Opfor) gains 5 heat, sinks 5 heat and is now at 0 heat.
Griffin GRF-1S ID:236 (Mercenary Primary Opfor) gains 15 heat, sinks 15 heat and is now at 0 heat.

End Phase
-------------------
Heavy smoke cloud drifts to 3130 and dissipates to light smoke.
Current Battlefield State:
Spoiler:
Enlarge Image
Status update:
Lich buddy immobilized and wants to bail out
TheMix buddy down to 2/3 movement
El Guapo buddy down to 1/2 movement
WestOrEast hull down (will automatically get up next turn for 2MP)
Bass two heat sinks destroyed (down to 36 heat sink capacity)

Any artillery fired at 4716 by Bass buddy will automatically hit
Artillery landing at 3018, 3520 this turn

Objective Update:
LRM Carrier destroyed (2/18 - credit WestOrEast)
Manticore destroyed (3/18 - credit Lich Buddy Schrek, Lich assist)
Vedette destroyed (4/18 - credit El Guapo Buddy Behemoth)
Drillson destroyed (5/18 - credit Akalon Buddy Drillson)
Vedette crippled (6/18)

Movement Modifiers:

Hatchetman 0219 +1
Shadow Hawk 0323 +2
Locust 0326 +4
Hetzer 1216 +2
Behemoth 1306 +0
Laser Carrier 1314 +2
Scorpion 1317 +1
Vedette 1719 +3
Vedette 1920 +2
Archer 2416 +1
SRM Carrier 3014 +2 (no LOS if attack passes through 3115, 2915, +2 extra if attack passes through 3016)
Partisan 3015 +2 (no LOS if attack passes through 2916, +2 extra if attack passes through 3016)
Hetzer 3016 +4 (+2 smoke, sorry about that)
Vedette 3020 +0 (no LOS if attack passes through 3021, movement down to 2/3)
Vedette 3121 +0 (crippled, withdrawing, stunned, movement down to 1/2)
Griffin 3523 +3
Condor 3825 +4
Falcon 3825 +2 (movement down to 5/8)
Drillson 3827 +4 (no LOS if attack passes through 3727, 3927)
Vedette 4122 +2
Thunderbolt 4419 +1 - right arm yellow
Griffin 4514 +2 (legs red, left torso red)
Laser Carrier 4517 +2
SRM Carrier 4615 +1 (no LOS if attack passes through 4516)
Bandersnatch 4619 +2
Vedette 4722 +3
Spartan 4824 +1
Last edited by NickAragua on Tue Jun 07, 2022 9:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Black Lives Matter
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

Ok, so let's focus fire a little more (and hopefully aim better).

Fire 2 large lasers and 4 medium pulse lasers at the 3523 Griffin
Fire the LRMs and the LB-X/10 at the 3016 Hetzer

Is that 50 heat? 2 large lasers (24) + 4 medium pulse lasers (16) + 2 LRM 10 (8) + LB-X/10 (2)? Seems like my heat regularly coming in lower than I'm expecting (not that I'm complaining).

L'il buddy can fire at will.
Black Lives Matter.
$iljanus
Forum Moderator

Post by $iljanus »

Wow do I have an oversized head on my mech? I guess since I’m in partial cover my head just looks so appealing.
Black lives matter!

NickAragua

Post by NickAragua »

El Guapo wrote: Tue Jun 07, 2022 4:55 pm Is that 50 heat? 2 large lasers (24) + 4 medium pulse lasers (16) + 2 LRM 10 (8) + LB-X/10 (2)? Seems like my heat regularly coming in lower than I'm expecting (not that I'm complaining).
I think your problem is that you think you have two LRM/10s. Which is really my problem because I goofed on your stat block.
Black Lives Matter
NickAragua

Post by NickAragua »

$iljanus wrote: Tue Jun 07, 2022 4:56 pm Wow do I have an oversized head on my mech? I guess since I’m in partial cover my head just looks so appealing.
Your mech looks like this (including the two crotch guns), so yeah, your head's pretty big.
Spoiler:
Black Lives Matter
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

NickAragua wrote: Tue Jun 07, 2022 4:57 pm
El Guapo wrote: Tue Jun 07, 2022 4:55 pm Is that 50 heat? 2 large lasers (24) + 4 medium pulse lasers (16) + 2 LRM 10 (8) + LB-X/10 (2)? Seems like my heat regularly coming in lower than I'm expecting (not that I'm complaining).
I think your problem is that you think you have two LRM/10s. Which is really my problem because I goofed on your stat block.
ah, that explains it.

I think I'm going to switch the LRM10 and LB-X10 to firing at the Vedette in 4122.
Black Lives Matter.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Buddy back up to 2321. Me to 2721, so we can get a little better odds.
It's almost as if people are the problem.
Akalon

Post by Akalon »

I'll jump to 3328 and Alpha strike the Griffen while my buddy hits that drillson that got past him.
TotallyNotEvil

Post by TotallyNotEvil »

Niiiiiiiiiiiick, that's not what people mean when they say they are going to smoke off the enemy!
NickAragua wrote: Tue Jun 07, 2022 4:59 pm
$iljanus wrote: Tue Jun 07, 2022 4:56 pm Wow do I have an oversized head on my mech? I guess since I’m in partial cover my head just looks so appealing.
Your mech looks like this (including the two crotch guns), so yeah, your head's pretty big.
Spoiler:
A small price to pay for the most powerful hip thrusts in the galaxy.
WestorEast

Post by WestorEast »

I'm going to stand up and move to 1125 and fire on the Shadow Hawk. Artillery to 1819.

Generally a good turn. Anyone who can shoot at that Griffin at 4514 probably should and hope to knock out a leg. A third of the way there and we have yet to take serious damage.
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

WestorEast wrote: Tue Jun 07, 2022 6:25 pm I'm going to stand up and move to 1125 and fire on the Shadow Hawk. Artillery to 1819.

Generally a good turn. Anyone who can shoot at that Griffin at 4514 probably should and hope to knock out a leg. A third of the way there and we have yet to take serious damage.
Seems like he has partial cover for most of us (including me), which would seem to make knocking out a leg impossible.
Black Lives Matter.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

TotallyNotEvil wrote: Tue Jun 07, 2022 6:22 pm Niiiiiiiiiiiick, that's not what people mean when they say they are going to smoke off the enemy!
Spoiler:
A small price to pay for the most powerful hip thrusts in the galaxy.
You should mod out those lasers for some LB 10-X Autocannons.
It's almost as if people are the problem.
TotallyNotEvil

Post by TotallyNotEvil »

For Nick:
So, that healthier Griffin is going to eat ten points of damage to its back? While the Scorpion and Vedette over there will get dinger for another five.

Can I convince the crew to stick it out one more round before bailing out?

Who could feasibly knock off the leg from the wounded Griffin?

For the thread:

Watch out for those Hetzers and SRM carriers gang, we should take them out next turn at the latest, or they will be in range to start ruining our day.

Honestly, I'm a bit torn up this round. Maybe us three on top of the hill could try and fry the Griffin that's really close? OTOH, the far away Griffin and the Thud are really weak.

Thoughts?
NickAragua

Post by NickAragua »

TotallyNotEvil wrote: Tue Jun 07, 2022 7:12 pm For Nick:
So, that healthier Griffin is going to eat ten points of damage to its back? While the Scorpion and Vedette over there will get dinger for another five.

Can I convince the crew to stick it out one more round before bailing out?

Who could feasibly knock off the leg from the wounded Griffin?
If the round lands exactly on target, yes. Otherwise, it'll scatter (random direction, # of hexes equal to how much the roll missed by).

Yes, there can be a "manually rolled" morale check. Once their armor is breached though, they're bailing no matter what you say.
El Guapo wrote: Tue Jun 07, 2022 6:43 pm Seems like he has partial cover for most of us (including me), which would seem to make knocking out a leg impossible.
Partial cover only works if the attacker is at or below the defender's level.
Black Lives Matter
TheMix

Post by TheMix »

Okay, I think my buddy needs to pull back a little. And hopefully fire at the Drillson in 3827. Does that mean that he needs to move to 3930? That 4030 would block LoS?

I was going to look at either the Griffin in 3523 and/or the Drillson, but Akalon is going after the Griffin, so now I'm thinking I need to shift to the other side of the hill and help Bass out before s/he gets in too much trouble.

Where can I get to (without completely exposing myself) to target the Spartan in 4824?

Or, alternatively, can I use Bass to allow me to target the Spartan with LRMs, and then use the lasers on alternative targets?

Black Lives Matter

NickAragua

Post by NickAragua »

TheMix wrote: Tue Jun 07, 2022 9:11 pm Okay, I think my buddy needs to pull back a little. And hopefully fire at the Drillson in 3827. Does that mean that he needs to move to 3930? That 4030 would block LoS?

Where can I get to (without completely exposing myself) to target the Spartan in 4824?

Or, alternatively, can I use Bass to allow me to target the Spartan with LRMs, and then use the lasers on alternative targets?
Yeah, 3930 is your only option, you can't get to 4030 (can't use run movement when moving backwards and the buddy only has 2 walk MP).

Looks like I misread the terrain and the Spartan is actually targetable from anywhere that's level 3 or 4 (I'll update the status). 4331 and 4428 are all decent options, the latter being more aggressive. You can also rely on spotting for indirect fire while lasering something else.
Black Lives Matter
TheMix

Post by TheMix »

Thanks. So.... if I do 1 to turn, 1 for elevation, 1 to move to 4228, could I then move to either 4329 or 4428, and be able to do an alpha strike (that's all weapons, right?) on the Spartan?

Black Lives Matter

TheMix

Post by TheMix »

Oh, and back the buddy up and fire. Might be worth having him take up a flanking position and shoot anything that makes it into the valley.

Black Lives Matter

NickAragua

Post by NickAragua »

TheMix wrote: Tue Jun 07, 2022 10:26 pm Thanks. So.... if I do 1 to turn, 1 for elevation, 1 to move to 4228, could I then move to either 4329 or 4428, and be able to do an alpha strike (that's all weapons, right?) on the Spartan?
Yep. Alpha strike is going to heat you up pretty badly though. Your weapons generate 40 heat and you only sink 24, plus you already have 3 and walking/running generates 1 or 2. So you're probably looking at a shutdown roll and possibly an ammo explosion roll.
Black Lives Matter
TheMix

Post by TheMix »

:shock:

Uh. What about just the LRMs and the LP Lasers? If that's still too hot, I could do the medium lasers instead and hold the large ones.

Edit: I see... Basically the LPLs = the MPL + the LRMs. This mech is so different from the last one. Since the Spartan is within medium range of the MPLs, let's just go with them plus the LRMs.

Black Lives Matter

$iljanus
Forum Moderator

Post by $iljanus »

Spoiler:
Ummm…that is one of the silliest things I’ve seen. So that said, let’s move Thundercrotch backwards to hex 1028, keep facing towards the Shadow Hawk in 0323 and take a shot at it with whatever weapons can be brought to bear. My buddy in 1627 can stay in place and fire LRMs at the Shadow Hawk as well.
Black lives matter!