NCAA Football 2022

Everything else!

Moderators: Bakhtosh, EvilHomer3k

Skinypupy

Re: NCAA Football 2022

Post by Skinypupy »

Mike Leach apparently suffered some sort of significant medical event today and was airlifted to the hospital. Conflicting information atm, but it sounds like it was a major heart attack. Whatever it is, it’s extremely critical and he’s in bad shape.

Love him or hate him, Leach is always entertaining. Hope he pulls through.
When darkness veils the world, four Warriors of Light shall come.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

As a Tech alum, it sucks to hear. Also, as a Tech alum, I hope Tuberville drowns in an open cesspit.
It's almost as if people are the problem.
Hyena

Post by Hyena »

According to a report he has been declared "brain dead" and his family has been flown in to make last decisions....

The Pirate was an icon, he will be missed if reports are true.
"You laugh at me because I'm different; I laugh at you because you're all the same." ~Jonathan Davis

"The object of education is to prepare the young to educate themselves throughout their lives." ~Robert M. Hutchins
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

I read he went like 15 minutes without medical attention (no cpr) before he was discovered. That's never good. Always liked him. He was so funny

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.

Black Lives Matter
Skinypupy

Post by Skinypupy »

Utah's best offensive (Dalton Kincaid) and defensive (Clark Phillips) players have announced they are declaring for the NFL and skipping the Rose Bowl. I thought Utah was pretty evenly matched with PSU...not so much anymore.

I totally get why they do it. Phillips is an projected early rounder and blowing out a knee or shoulder in an ultimately meaningless game could potentially cost him millions. It still sucks though. :(
Hyena

Post by Hyena »

Skinypupy wrote: Mon Dec 12, 2022 5:27 pm Utah's best offensive (Dalton Kincaid) and defensive (Clark Phillips) players have announced they are declaring for the NFL and skipping the Rose Bowl. I thought Utah was pretty evenly matched with PSU...not so much anymore.

I totally get why they do it. Phillips is an projected early rounder and blowing out a knee or shoulder in an ultimately meaningless game could potentially cost him millions. It still sucks though. :(
Man, that does suck. I'm sorry, Skiny. I still have hope for you guys. As long as you have Rising, the tough sonuvagun, you should still be in the hunt.
"You laugh at me because I'm different; I laugh at you because you're all the same." ~Jonathan Davis

"The object of education is to prepare the young to educate themselves throughout their lives." ~Robert M. Hutchins
JCC

Post by JCC »

Skinypupy wrote: Mon Dec 12, 2022 5:27 pm Utah's best offensive (Dalton Kincaid) and defensive (Clark Phillips) players have announced they are declaring for the NFL and skipping the Rose Bowl. I thought Utah was pretty evenly matched with PSU...not so much anymore.

PSU's best CB is opting out too. I wouldn't come to any conclusions on these de-glorified exhibition games.
Black Lives Matter

"You know, the very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common: they don't alter their views to fit the facts; they alter the facts to fit their views." - The 4th Doctor
Scuzz

Post by Scuzz »

I do hope the larger playoffs will get players to play those games. I understand why you would skip a simple bowl game, even something with the history of the Rose Bowl.
Black Lives Matter
JCC

Post by JCC »

Players skipping playoff games would be a calamity for the sport. If it got to that point, I would imagine the collectives of the perennial post season teams would tie post season participation to the various Name and Likeness deals.
Black Lives Matter

"You know, the very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common: they don't alter their views to fit the facts; they alter the facts to fit their views." - The 4th Doctor
Pyperkub

Post by Pyperkub »

Scuzz wrote: Mon Dec 12, 2022 6:50 pm I do hope the larger playoffs will get players to play those games. I understand why you would skip a simple bowl game, even something with the history of the Rose Bowl.
I hope that if the Bowls survive, NIL has clauses regarding playing in Bowl Games...
Black Lives definitely Matter Lorini!

Also: There are three ways to not tell the truth: lies, damned lies, and statistics.
Scuzz

Post by Scuzz »

Pyperkub wrote: Mon Dec 12, 2022 8:15 pm
Scuzz wrote: Mon Dec 12, 2022 6:50 pm I do hope the larger playoffs will get players to play those games. I understand why you would skip a simple bowl game, even something with the history of the Rose Bowl.
I hope that if the Bowls survive, NIL has clauses regarding playing in Bowl Games...
Bowls will survive. Most will be just as they are today, programming for ESPN.
Black Lives Matter
Pyperkub

Post by Pyperkub »

Scuzz wrote: Mon Dec 12, 2022 8:59 pm
Pyperkub wrote: Mon Dec 12, 2022 8:15 pm
Bowls will survive. Most will be just as they are today, programming for ESPN.
Maybe. JV games might not get as many eyeballs. "Tune in tonight to see (insert #3 QB name here) vs (insert #4 RB here)"...
Black Lives definitely Matter Lorini!

Also: There are three ways to not tell the truth: lies, damned lies, and statistics.
Skinypupy

Post by Skinypupy »

Mike Leach has passed. :(

Lassr

Post by Lassr »

Damn! Kind of knew this would happen from the news reports but still a shock. RIP. He was one of a kind.
The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.

Black Lives Matter
Hyena

Post by Hyena »

Yep, saw this when I got to school this morning. His press conferences were must-watch stuff, as were the interviews on the field after a game.

Skinypupy

Post by Skinypupy »

This one got re-upped this morning. Definitely my favorite.

JCC

Post by JCC »

I wasn't exactly a fan or a detractor, but he was definitely an entertaining and innovative offensive coach. CFB is less fun without him. 61 is too young.
Black Lives Matter

Scuzz

Post by Scuzz »

Fresno State looked really good against Washington State, but the Cougars missing several linebackers helped. But the FS defense dominated the Washington State offense.

The defense has been great this year and probably is the reason they won their last 9 games.
Black Lives Matter
Jaymann

Post by Jaymann »

So Final Four Saturday is upon us. Anyone else rooting for a Michigan - Ohio State rematch for the title?
Jaymann
]==(:::::::::::::>
Black Lives Matter
Scuzz

Post by Scuzz »

Jaymann wrote: Fri Dec 30, 2022 1:57 pm So Final Four Saturday is upon us. Anyone else rooting for a Michigan - Ohio State rematch for the title?
Nope.
Black Lives Matter
Skinypupy

Post by Skinypupy »

Jaymann wrote: Fri Dec 30, 2022 1:57 pm So Final Four Saturday is upon us. Anyone else rooting for a Michigan - Ohio State rematch for the title?
Not even a little bit. I would love to see TCU get to the final.
LawBeefaroni
Forum Moderator

Post by LawBeefaroni »

I'd love to have a guarantee of a Big N champ with a Wolverines/Buckeyes matchup, and for a Big N team to beat the best of the SEC in the semis, but would hate for it to be an Ohio State University. Given the options, I'll take Michigan's chances against Georgia rather than risk an OSU title.

Not that TCU is a gimme. Just answering the question.
" Hey OP, listen to my advice alright." -Tha General
"No scientific discovery is named after its original discoverer." -Stigler's Law of Eponymy, discovered by Robert K. Merton

MYT
Skinypupy

Post by Skinypupy »

Apologies in advance to Georgia and Ohio State.

Skinypupy

Post by Skinypupy »

That was quite the second half implosion by UCLA. Hell of a finish though.

Feel bad for DTR to end that way. Did I hear them right that he ended up 1 completion short of the UCLA all-time record?
Jaymann

Post by Jaymann »

Wow what a crushing defeat for UCLA. From not enough time to elation to despair.
Jaymann
Black Lives Matter
Hyena

Post by Hyena »

Skinypupy wrote: Fri Dec 30, 2022 6:13 pm Apologies in advance to Georgia and Ohio State.

Can't be NEAR as bad as as the Utah game. BigXII refs are the most incompetent group of "officials" I've seen, and I coach middle school football.

Hyena

Post by Hyena »

Well, tomorrow's the day, LawBoy! Good luck, hoping for an injury-free game and a Frog victory!

ALL HAIL HYPNOTOAD!

Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Spoiler:
It's almost as if people are the problem.
Skinypupy

Post by Skinypupy »

Very happy to see Tennessee win the Orange Bowl today.

Partly because I know there’s some TN fans here, partly because it’s a great ending to a great season for them, but mostly because I cannot fucking stand Dabo Swinney.
Scuzz

Post by Scuzz »

Skinypupy wrote: Sat Dec 31, 2022 2:21 am Very happy to see Tennessee win the Orange Bowl today.

Partly because I know there’s some TN fans here, partly because it’s a great ending to a great season, but mostly because I cannot fucking stand Dabo Swinney.
Kinda my sentiments as well.
Black Lives Matter
Jaymann

Post by Jaymann »

Also with as crummy as Clemson is, it's a darn good thing they lost 2 games.
Jaymann
Black Lives Matter
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Ill spoiler it in case anyone recorded it to watch later..which is weird.
Spoiler:
Tennessee finishes out historic season on top, wins Orange Bowl over Clemson
EDIT: Oh nm.you all posted it in the open while I was sitting here posting in the camo

Yay Vols.

Enlarge Image
--------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.
I guess Ray Butts has ate his last pancake.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/daehawk
"Has high IQ. Refuses to apply it"
Skinypupy

Post by Skinypupy »

Bama looks pissed. This has become a whuppin.

We have lunch reservations at 3 then theater tickets at 5. Will miss both semifinals, might get home to catch the end of the end of the second game. 😞
LawBeefaroni
Forum Moderator

Post by LawBeefaroni »

This is going splendidly.
"No scientific discovery is named after its original discoverer." -Stigler's Law of Eponymy, discovered by Robert K. Merton

MYT
Jaymann

Post by Jaymann »

Well they say Michigan is the best 2nd half team...
Jaymann
Black Lives Matter
LawBeefaroni
Forum Moderator

Post by LawBeefaroni »

Either Edwards is hurt or Harbaugh is drunk off his ass. Officiating hasn't been great but the 4th and goal at the 2 and 1st and goal at the 1/2yard play calls were terrible. Probably a 1 score game if they just gave it to Edwards both times.
Jaymann wrote: Sat Dec 31, 2022 6:36 pm Well they say Michigan is the best 2nd half team...
if they pull this out they will be.

MYT
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

This TCU / Michigan game is just insane.

O/U 100 anyone ??
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

Also (unrelated), each time I see Stetson Bennett - it just makes me chuckle. He looks (and is) so damn old. It's like they snuck in an NFL QB to play.

I apologize.
LawBeefaroni
Forum Moderator

Post by LawBeefaroni »

Unagi wrote: Sat Dec 31, 2022 8:18 pm Also (unrelated), each time I see Stetson Bennett - it just makes me chuckle. He looks (and is) so damn old. It's like they snuck in an NFL QB to play.

I apologize.
Well, he is like 25. That Chris Weinke years old.

NDSCS has a 49-year-old lineman.

MYT
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

LawBeefaroni wrote: Sat Dec 31, 2022 8:30 pm
Unagi wrote: Sat Dec 31, 2022 8:18 pm Also (unrelated), each time I see Stetson Bennett - it just makes me chuckle. He looks (and is) so damn old. It's like they snuck in an NFL QB to play.

I apologize.
Well, he is like 25. That Chris Weinke years old.

NDSCS has a 49-year-old lineman.
Yeah, I know he's 25.

But - I had not known Chris Weinke's story - nor did I know about NDSCS's 49-year-old (which actually is clearly a liability, lol).

It's just weird to see it. Stetson isn't (and I suppose Weinke wasn't) absurdly old - but the 49-yo lineman exposes a problem - IMO. There is going to be some advantage (right around that 25 yo/27 yo range) where you are maybe in a new league (so to speak). It's a weird problem (if it is one) to contemplate.
Last edited by Unagi on Sat Dec 31, 2022 9:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.