Conan boardgame by Monolith - anyone have the expansions?

All discussions regarding Board, Card, and RPG Gaming, including industry discussion, that don't belong in one of the other gaming forums.

Moderators: The Preacher, $iljanus, Zaxxon

Blackhawk

Conan boardgame by Monolith - anyone have the expansions?

Post by Blackhawk »

Specifically the Stygia and Khitai expansions? I need a favor.

I'm missing a couple of things from my copies, and Asmodee are, collectively, assholes. It isn't much - just the scenario book for Stygia and the two hero sheets for Ikhmet and Shentu. I was hoping that someone would be willing to either scan, or even photograph them for me.

I had a copy of the base game, plus the two expansions. When I backed the last Kickstarter for the sequel/expansion, I chose a pledge that included the Kickstarter version of the core set, so I gave my retail core set to a friend who is no longer accessible (he moved across the country, and is spending most of his time traveling with everything in storage.) Now that I've gotten the Kickstarter in and started to inventory everything, I've discovered those things are missing, and I'm guessing I had put them in the box with the base game.

Asmodee won't support post-sale products anymore (they just tell you to return them to where you bought them - three years later?), and there aren't digital copies of these anywhere.

I'm happy to post a photo of my copies of the expansions if so desired.
(˙pǝsɹǝʌǝɹ uǝǝq sɐɥ ʎʇıʌɐɹƃ ʃɐuosɹǝd ʎW)
Isgrimnur

Re: Conan boardgame by Monolith - anyone have the expansions?

Post by Isgrimnur »

It's almost as if people are the problem.
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

What the hell? I'm generally a good hand with The Internets, finding things in seconds that most people don't think are even there. I have been looking for this for days.

You're... you're not human.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

I do what I can. :D
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Here's how I finally found it.

Enlarge Image
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

All I was finding on similar searches was page after page of homemade scenarios. Probably because I was looking for an actual copy of the book rather than the content in another format. I was probably over-searching.
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

Thank you, by the way.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Glad to help.
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

Blackhawk wrote: Wed Apr 20, 2022 10:17 am Asmodee are, collectively, assholes.

Asmodee won't support post-sale products anymore (they just tell you to return them to where you bought them - three years later?), and there aren't digital copies of these anywhere.
Asmodee have supported exactly one problem among many for product I've purchased. I stopped buying their stuff a long time ago, when 7 Wonders came out and they shipped a US in German and told me that doesn't affect how the game is played, get stuffed.
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

Yeah, their policy is 100% "not our problem." - if you have a problem, return it to where you bought it. If you bought it online, handle it through the online retailer's returns. If you bought it at a convention from anybody but Asmodee directly, or from a third party, or used, or from BGG, or from Ebay, it's up to you to check it in advance and make sure everything is correct and intact. If anything goes wrong (break something, spill something, lose something) after the return window closes, you're on your own. Oh, and if your retailer shuts down or you bought it on clearance, or it's out of print, you are simply out of luck. The absurdity of the fact that you essentially have to open every Asmodee game as soon as you get it to inventory every piece doesn't matter - that's your problem to solve, not theirs.

Oh, and that policy only applies to the US. Plus, if you're a retailer in the US, you can't sell to anyone anywhere else in the world. A US customer can buy an Asmodee game from Canada or France, but a US retailer can only sell to US citizens.

They have all sorts of justifications about stock and space and everything else, but the reason is simple: They didn't like competing with Amazon/Miniature Market/CSI, etc, so they created policies designed specifically to cripple them. And then they bought them (they just bought Miniature Market last year.)

Asmodee has actually become worse to do business with than Games Workshop at their worst, and they own so, so many companies (including Fantasy Flight/FFG) that avoiding them - or even recognizing their involvement - is almost impossible unless you keep an updated cheat sheet with you when you shop. I had no idea that Monolith was Asmodee until I had a problem and needed help.