[Switch] Triangle Strategy - FF Tactics/Tactics Ogre spiritual successor

If it's a video game it goes here.

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, Arcanis, $iljanus

Hrothgar

Re: [Switch] Triangle Strategy - FF Tactics/Tactics Ogre spiritual successor

Post by Hrothgar »

I just got this as a birthday gift on the switch. Anything to keep in mind as I start?
Zaxxon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zaxxon »

Hrothgar wrote: Tue Jan 17, 2023 3:10 am I just got this as a birthday gift on the switch. Anything to keep in mind as I start?
Patience. While the whole game is dialogue-heavy, the beginning is even more so.
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

When you get to the tent and can do training exercises or whatever they're called, you will need to grind them, meaning you can repeat them, but don't do it too much, so to make the game into a chore. This will allow you to bring your characters more smoothly toward the level they are expected as playing as. If they are way below where they need to be they will level up quickly. If they are where they need to be they will level up at a snail's pace.

I don't know how far into the game I was before I realized this is pretty much the expected way to go through the game.
Jaymann

Post by Jaymann »

Yeah, I always wanted to be a level or two above the targeted level for the next mission. Also why I have avoided Tactics Ogre Reborn to this point with its level cap.
Jaymann
]==(:::::::::::::>
Black Lives Matter
Ænima

Post by Ænima »

I disagree. I never played a training mission more than once and was always a level or two below the recommended mission level. This kept the game challenging and it otherwise would have felt like busy work to me.
Zaxxon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zaxxon »

Ænima wrote: Tue Jan 17, 2023 3:48 pm I disagree. I never played a training mission more than once and was always a level or two below the recommended mission level. This kept the game challenging and it otherwise would have felt like busy work to me.
Same. That said, I would definitely recommend doing each training mission one time. That was critical to my peeps leveling to a reasonable level.
Kurth

Post by Kurth »

Zaxxon wrote: Tue Jan 17, 2023 7:40 am
Hrothgar wrote: Tue Jan 17, 2023 3:10 am I just got this as a birthday gift on the switch. Anything to keep in mind as I start?
Patience. While the whole game is dialogue-heavy, the beginning is even more so.
This. Brace yourself for a whole lot of exposition in the beginning and relatively little actual gameplay. But if you can get through those early stages, the game really takes off. One of my favorite games on the Switch.
Just 'cause you feel it, doesn't mean it's there -- Radiohead
Do you believe me? Do you trust me? Do you like me? 😳
Zaxxon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zaxxon »

Baroquen

Post by Baroquen »

I saw that. Apparently, it's an epilogue chapter if you finished with a certain ending? As much as I loved that game, I'm not sure I'll go back and boot it up for a little more story. Tempted a little, but doubt it. :|