Bucs at Falcons
Pats at Bills
Vikings at Bears
Ravens at Bengals
Texans at Colts
Jets at Dolphins
Panthers at Saints
Browns at Steelers
Chargers at Broncos Tough pick, but if Ravens are pushed back earlier in the day, Chargers are locked into 5th spot and may rest some starters. Maybe play the starters in the first quarter like a pre-season game. And Denver is the biggest home field advantage in the league.
Giants at Eagles
Cards at 49ers
Rams at Seahawks
Cowboys at Commanders
Lions at Packers
Jaymann
]==(:::::::::::::>
Black Lives Matter
Carpet_pissr

Re: NFL 2022 Season

Post by Carpet_pissr »

RunningMn9 wrote: Thu Jan 05, 2023 1:36 pm They aren’t risking their health BECAUSE of me, or for me. They are risking their health because they want to play, and they want to use that to provide for their families.

I’m never going to feel bad about that. But I don’t judge those that do.
This.
pr0ner

Post by pr0ner »

Rumor has it that Bills/Bengals won't be resumed, but there won't be an official announcement until the NFL can figure out how to handle playoff seeding implications of that game being a no contest.
Hodor.
Carpet_pissr

Post by Carpet_pissr »

pr0ner wrote: Thu Jan 05, 2023 4:20 pm Rumor has it that Bills/Bengals won't be resumed, but there won't be an official announcement until the NFL can figure out how to handle playoff seeding implications of that game being a no contest.
Interesting. I would think considering his current condition…’play ball!’? Had he died or still in coma, brain dead, etc, I get it.
ImLawBoy
Forum Admin

Post by ImLawBoy »

I'd guess the problem is more along the lines of logistics and squeezing in an extra game at this point in the season.
That's my purse! I don't know you!
RunningMn9

Post by RunningMn9 »

ImLawBoy wrote:I'd guess the problem is more along the lines of logistics and squeezing in an extra game at this point in the season.
Yeah, that’s the issue.
And in banks across the world
Christians, Moslems, Hindus, Jews
And every other race, creed, colour, tint or hue
Get down on their knees and pray
The raccoon and the groundhog neatly
Make up bags of change
But the monkey in the corner
Well he's slowly drifting out of range
stimpy

Post by stimpy »

He/Him/His/Porcupine
Jaymann

Post by Jaymann »

Scenario 1: Buffalo and Kansas City both win or tie in Week 18 — a Buffalo vs. Kansas City AFC championship game would be at a neutral site.
This is what will happen. But it means KC gets the bye for the wild card round.
Jaymann
Black Lives Matter
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

ESPN
Buffalo Bills safety Damar Hamlin had his breathing tube removed and has begun talking with his care team, family and his teammates.

Hamlin's breathing tube was removed overnight, per the physicians at University of Cincinnati Medical Center in a statement via the Bills, and he continues to "progress remarkably in his recovery." His neurological function remains intact, per the physicians, and he has been able to talk.
It's almost as if people are the problem.
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

That is just the most amazing news.

Thank people! wow. The care he got in the first 10 minutes saved his brain.

:clap:
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Dr. William Knight IV credited the quick medical response with saving Hamlin's life. He said a physician was by Hamlin's side within a minute of him collapsing and recognized that the defensive back did not have a pulse.
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

My results for week 17:

Cowboys at Titans -- win
Dolphins at Patriots -- win
Broncos at Chiefs -- win
Jaguars at Texans -- win
Colts at Giants -- win
Browns at Commanders -- lose
Saints at Eagles -- lose
Panthers at Bucs -- lose
Cardinals at Falcons -- win
Bears at Lions -- win
Vikings at Packers -- win
Rams at Chargers -- win
49ers at Raiders -- win
Jets at Seahawks -- lose
Steelers at Ravens -- lose
Bills at Bengals -- no contest

big bleh.

This week: 10 - 5
Cumulative: 107 - 53 (started week 7, with Jaymann at 48-45 on week 6)
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

My picks for week 18:

Chiefs at Raiders
Titans at Jaguars
Ravens at Bengals
Jets at Dolphins
Browns at Steelers ... tough call.
Vikings at Bears
Bucs at Falcons
Pats at Bills
Panthers at Saints
Texans at Colts ... If Texans win this, Bears get 1st draft pick (assuming Bears lose).
Rams at Seahawks
Cardinals at 49ers
Giants at Eagles
Cowboys at Commanders
Chargers at Broncos
Lions at Packers
Jeff V

Post by Jeff V »

I want to nut-punch my FF commissioner. With the debacle that went down with this week's Monday Night game, I had a substantial lead over my opponent, who had the Cincy QB and K while I was done. He was at 70% chance to win, but so was my opponent the week before and I beat his ass. The commissioner decided to award him the victory, with the possibility of reassessing after the rest of that game is played out.
Black Lives Matter
msteelers

Post by msteelers »

So you were winning, but the commissioner gave the title to the other guy based on projections?

There are zero good options, but that’s the worst I’ve seen.
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

Jeff V wrote: Sat Jan 07, 2023 2:11 am I want to nut-punch my FF commissioner. With the debacle that went down with this week's Monday Night game, I had a substantial lead over my opponent, who had the Cincy QB and K while I was done. He was at 70% chance to win, but so was my opponent the week before and I beat his ass. The commissioner decided to award him the victory, with the possibility of reassessing after the rest of that game is played out.
Shouldn't it be the other way around? No score = no points with the right to reverse if they game concludes. Players in and out is part of the game. An OT would be part of the game, so suspending the game would be part of the game.

Refs should not decide the outcome of the game.
RunningMn9

Post by RunningMn9 »

Jeff V wrote:I want to nut-punch my FF commissioner. With the debacle that went down with this week's Monday Night game, I had a substantial lead over my opponent, who had the Cincy QB and K while I was done. He was at 70% chance to win, but so was my opponent the week before and I beat his ass. The commissioner decided to award him the victory, with the possibility of reassessing after the rest of that game is played out.
That kind of decision would result in me leaving the league. This isn’t complicated. The game did not take place, so in effect, your opponent started a QB and a K on a bye. The absolute worst case scenario here is that you should be splitting. You have the lead, he has no players remaining capable of scoring points.

Another option my league discussed was to take the points of those players from Week 18 and add those to week 17.

I was in the championship game with Trent Steel, but it was a little easier for us to declare a winner. I had a 14 lead to go with Josh Allen, Gabe Davis, and Tyler Bass. Trent only had Mixon left. I offered to split but Trent was honorable and declared me the victor.

But if Trent had a lead, I don’t care who I had left, there is a 0% chance we would just declare me the winner based on projections.
And in banks across the world
Christians, Moslems, Hindus, Jews
And every other race, creed, colour, tint or hue
Get down on their knees and pray
The raccoon and the groundhog neatly
Make up bags of change
But the monkey in the corner
Well he's slowly drifting out of range
Kurth

Post by Kurth »

Blame Yahoo and some of the other FFL platforms. Yahoo actually suggested the whole “score based on projections” approach as one of a number of “reasonable” alternatives to resolving the end of the season in light of the Bills/Bengals cancellation.

There’s nothing reasonable about deciding a contest based on predictions. Absolute BS.
Just 'cause you feel it, doesn't mean it's there -- Radiohead
Do you believe me? Do you trust me? Do you like me? 😳
Kurth

Post by Kurth »

I need help on a critical FFL decision. I’m in an unconventional league at my company. It’s been running since the 1980s, believe it or not. When I first got involved, there was still a voice mailbox that had been in use pre-Internet where people would call in and specify their lineups and someone (unfortunately, probably someone’s secretary back in the day) would compile all the starting lineups each week and take care of everything manually.

Anyway, it’s a big deal to win this league, and after 8 years trying, my team is finally on the cusp. We play all 18 weeks, and there are no head-to-head matchups. It’s just total points over a season wins it. There are all kind of quirky rules, but the relevant one here is, you don’t start a defense. You roster two teams, and you pick one of those to win or lose each week. You get whatever the point differential is if you call it right. If you pick a team to win and they win by 21, you get 21 points. If you pick a team to lose and they lose by 21, you get 21 points. But if you pick wrong, and your team loses when you picked them to win, you get negative points (ie, you pick them to win and they lose by 21, you get -21 points). This can lead to very big swings.

So, going into week 18, we’re up on the second place team by 25 points. We have the Bills and the Giants. Do we pick the Bills to win at home vs. New England, or do we pick the Giants to lose on the road vs. Philly?

It’s a relatively expensive league, so most teams are owned by a group of owners. We have 3, and we’re split on who to pick. 2 of us want to go with the Bills on the feeling that they’re going to run roughshod over the Pats in honor of Damar Hamlin, especially now that they’re fired up over the good news related to his recovery. I feel like that’s kind of an emotional pick, and while I’d like to see the Bills stomp the Pats — I always want to see the Pats get stomped — I’m hesitant to make a pick on emotion.

To me, picking the Giants to lose is the way to go. I just see a big Eagles win with Jalen Hurts starting and playing at home for home field advantage throughout the playoffs against a Giants team not playing their key starters (Tyrod Taylor starting at QB; Saquon unlikely to play; etc.). But as a lifelong Eagles fan, I’m worried that I’m being a homer. Also, the Eagles really shit the bed against the Saints last week, and, with the exception of St. Nick in 2017, the Eagles have a track record of disappointing.

So, Bills to win or Giants to lose?
Just 'cause you feel it, doesn't mean it's there -- Radiohead
Do you believe me? Do you trust me? Do you like me? 😳
Jaymann

Post by Jaymann »

I would go Bills to win. Eagles have been spotty at best lately, Giants have a good D, and Hurts is still hurting.
Jaymann
Black Lives Matter
naednek

Post by naednek »

in my league (I'm the commish) our championship game was week 17th. And the top 4 teams had bills and bengals players on their rosters and the games were close. They all decided to split. So the 1st and 2nd place teams split the 1st and 2nd winnings, while the 3rd and 4th place team split the 3rd place winnings. This was their suggestion.

My problem was I misunderstood and didn't split the 3rd place so the 4th place team got screwed. Luckily we are all friends and he's going send the overpayment himself.
hepcat - "I agree with Naednek"
Jeff V

Post by Jeff V »

RunningMn9 wrote: Sat Jan 07, 2023 11:59 am
Jeff V wrote:I want to nut-punch my FF commissioner. With the debacle that went down with this week's Monday Night game, I had a substantial lead over my opponent, who had the Cincy QB and K while I was done. He was at 70% chance to win, but so was my opponent the week before and I beat his ass. The commissioner decided to award him the victory, with the possibility of reassessing after the rest of that game is played out.
That kind of decision would result in me leaving the league. This isn’t complicated. The game did not take place, so in effect, your opponent started a QB and a K on a bye. The absolute worst case scenario here is that you should be splitting. You have the lead, he has no players remaining capable of scoring points.

Another option my league discussed was to take the points of those players from Week 18 and add those to week 17.

I was in the championship game with Trent Steel, but it was a little easier for us to declare a winner. I had a 14 lead to go with Josh Allen, Gabe Davis, and Tyler Bass. Trent only had Mixon left. I offered to split but Trent was honorable and declared me the victor.

But if Trent had a lead, I don’t care who I had left, there is a 0% chance we would just declare me the winner based on projections.
After they announced the game would not resume, the commish reversed his decision and gave me the victory. His initial ruling was if the game was resumed, he could calculate my stats if I managed to win and determine the fate that way. Now that the game is not being played, it is as you said, and he granted me the victory (no pushback by the unfortunate guy now at the short end of the stick).

And currently I seemed favored in the championship game, despite NE expected to have a miserable DST performance against your Bills (my other DST, the Giants, is expected to do slightly worse). If I win, it will be a remarkable run, I started the season 1-4 and was the last seed in the playoffs.
Black Lives Matter
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

I'm of the mind that the Bears may just upset the Vikings today. Not going to change the pick though.

And I actually want the loss at this point.
Jaymann

Post by Jaymann »

Pats eliminated. Time for Beli...check please?
Jaymann
Black Lives Matter
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Jaymann wrote: Sun Jan 08, 2023 5:05 pm Pats eliminated. Time for Beli...check please?
:dance:
Jaymann

Post by Jaymann »

Jaymann wrote: Sat Jan 07, 2023 12:36 pm I would go Bills to win. Eagles have been spotty at best lately, Giants have a good D, and Hurts is still hurting.
In the clubhouse with+12.
Jaymann
Black Lives Matter
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

Jaymann wrote: Sun Jan 08, 2023 5:05 pm Pats eliminated. Time for Beli...check please?
The question is whether Belichick will acknowledge that Patricia (and the special teams coach) have to go. It's hard to watch this season and come to any other conclusion...and yet presumably Belichick is the one who made this obviously terrible decision to begin with, so who knows for sure.

In addition, if Belichick doesn't make the change on his own, does Kraft tell him to do it? And if so, how does Belichick respond?
Black Lives Matter.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Enlarge Image
paulbaxter

Post by paulbaxter »

Good grief. How can a defensive player get called for unnecessary roughness for standing still in front of a running QB?????
No sig, must scream, etc.
Jaymann

Post by Jaymann »

paulbaxter wrote: Sun Jan 08, 2023 8:15 pm Good grief. How can a defensive player get called for unnecessary roughness for standing still in front of a running QB?????
Where did that happen? Video?
Jaymann
Black Lives Matter
paulbaxter

Post by paulbaxter »

Can't find a clip. Geno Smith is running up the sideline. Makes no attempt to run out of bound. Rams defender just squares up standing still and Smith bounced off him kinda hard.
No sig, must scream, etc.
Jaymann

Post by Jaymann »

paulbaxter wrote: Sun Jan 08, 2023 8:43 pm Can't find a clip. Geno Smith is running up the sideline. Makes no attempt to run out of bound. Rams defender just squares up standing still and Smith bounced off him kinda hard.
That sounds pretty bogus. I will check the highlights later.
Jaymann
Black Lives Matter
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

naednek

Post by naednek »

10 game winning streak for SF. Playing Seattle or GB next week. Defense dominated again. And we are healthy again!
hepcat - "I agree with Naednek"
Jeff V

Post by Jeff V »

Man, you got love this last game of the year and the shit it pulls on FF.

Championship game: I'm up by 3 with probably a season-low score 76.9. I have the lying SOB Rodgers tonight and he has St. Brown on the Loins.

I'm 80% favored to win. I want to punch myself for hoping Rodgers does well, but I had no choice after Tua died. Beats the options my opponent had, though: also dead Tannehill and Fields.
Black Lives Matter
Jaymann

Post by Jaymann »

Isgrimnur wrote: Sun Jan 08, 2023 8:58 pm
Now that I see it, Ramsey stepped out of bounds and lowered his shoulder. Valid call.
Jaymann
Black Lives Matter
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Ramsey being out of bounds is irrelevant if Smith isn't.
Jaymann

Post by Jaymann »

Isgrimnur wrote: Sun Jan 08, 2023 9:33 pm Ramsey being out of bounds is irrelevant if Smith isn't.
Geno's last step before the collision was out of bounds.
Jaymann
Black Lives Matter
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Enlarge Image Enlarge Image

This is nine frames during a slowed-down replay
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Geno's last step: