Fall OctoCon???

All discussions regarding Board, Card, and RPG Gaming, including industry discussion, that don't belong in one of the other gaming forums.

Moderators: The Preacher, $iljanus, Zaxxon

hentzau

Fall OctoCon???

Post by hentzau »

Hey folks...just throwing this out there to see what the interest would be in a Fall OctoCon, either on October 29-30 or November 5-6. If we do this, everyone would have to remain masked during the duration, and I'm not sure what the deal with food and drink would be. I haven't even contacted the church to see if they would let me hold something like this, but I will check with them. Just wanted to see what folks thought, because there has been some interest in me setting this up.

Chime in and let me know what you think.
“We can never allow Murania to become desecrated by the presence of surface people. Our lives are serene, our minds are superior, our accomplishments greater. Gene Autry must be captured!!!” - Queen Tika, The Phantom Empire
Fardaza

Re: Fall OctoCon???

Post by Fardaza »

I'm interested, but not sure if I can make it.
Based on the few posts in the thread before you opened this one, I'd much prefer no mask if that's possible.
Zarathud

Post by Zarathud »

I've rescheduled my wedding anniversary to make OctoCon. I'll be there with a mask if there's any way possible.

But November would work better.
"If the facts don't fit the theory, change the facts." - Albert Einstein
"I don't stand by anything." - Trump
“Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.” - John Stuart Mill, Inaugural Address Delivered to the University of St Andrews, 2/1/1867
“It is the impractical things in this tumultuous hell-scape of a world that matter most. A book, a name, chicken soup. They help us remember that, even in our darkest hour, life is still to be savored.” - Poe, Altered Carbon
Archinerd

Post by Archinerd »

I guess I'm hesitant, since I saw this post a few days ago and I'm not sure if I would go or not.
The main hang up for me is my unvaccinated kid.
Jeff V

Post by Jeff V »

Do Halloween masks count? If so, then the first date.

I'm not a full-day candidate, but my wife would be up for a shopping trip to nearby Seafood City. My kids might like some of the easier games, like those Kristi and Steve sometimes bring.
Black Lives Matter
hentzau

Post by hentzau »

So looking at my life right now, work schedules, scouts, etc, as well as the restrictions by the church (like masks on all the time, no food or drink) I'm going to have to punt on the fall Octocon again. Let's keep our fingers crossed that things look better in the spring.
“We can never allow Murania to become desecrated by the presence of surface people. Our lives are serene, our minds are superior, our accomplishments greater. Gene Autry must be captured!!!” - Queen Tika, The Phantom Empire
Tao

Post by Tao »

Understood and thanks for even considering it this year. :)
"Don't touch my stuff when I'm dead...it's booytrapped!" - Bender Bending Rodriguez
Fardaza

Post by Fardaza »

Thanks for letting us know.
Zarathud

Post by Zarathud »

Thanks, hentzau. We’ll have to get some local games going soon after hepcat gets back from Origins.
“Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.” - John Stuart Mill, Inaugural Address Delivered to the University of St Andrews, 2/1/1867
“It is the impractical things in this tumultuous hell-scape of a world that matter most. A book, a name, chicken soup. They help us remember that, even in our darkest hour, life is still to be savored.” - Poe, Altered Carbon
Xmann

Post by Xmann »

I couldn't find the other appropriate threads and this was the latest one, so I figured I'd ask here.

What's the plans for the next event? Never been and I'm really needing to plan some kind of trip to keep my sanity. Other than some trips to get groceries and what not, I've been at home since coming home from the hospital in January.

Anything in the works?
gf.me/u/zhnmhs
hentzau

Post by hentzau »

At this point, we’ll have to hope for the spring, March/April timeframe. Hopefully Covid restrictions would be eased by then.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

:coffee:
It's almost as if people are the problem.
hentzau

Post by hentzau »

Isgrimnur wrote::coffee:
Yeah, I’ve been really slacking on this. Pretty soon Hepcat is going to start hanging out in front of my house with a boombox.

My biggest excuse is scouts taking up usually two weekends a month at least. Makes it hard to justify spending another weekend out playing games. Although my wife doesn’t really care, it’s mostly me.
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

hentzau wrote: Fri Jun 23, 2023 5:20 pm
My biggest excuse is scouts taking up usually two weekends a month at least.
Somebody has to serve the beverages... :think:
(˙pǝsɹǝʌǝɹ uǝǝq sɐɥ ʎʇıʌɐɹƃ ʃɐuosɹǝd ʎW)
hentzau

Post by hentzau »

Blackhawk wrote: Fri Jun 23, 2023 5:24 pm
hentzau wrote: Fri Jun 23, 2023 5:20 pm
My biggest excuse is scouts taking up usually two weekends a month at least.
Somebody has to serve the beverages... :think:
Nope. I spend too much time around the little...I mean, around the young men as it is.
Zarathud

Post by Zarathud »

hentzau wrote:Yeah, I’ve been really slacking on this. Pretty soon Hepcat is going to start hanging out in front of my house with a boombox.
A real risk. Hepcat has found his way to game over at my house twice in the past 2 months, and you’re not very far away.
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

I was tempted to look for an alternative location to take the stress off hentzau. I should get back to doing so. I do miss those weekends of nothing but gaming and donuts.
Covfefe!
hentzau

Post by hentzau »

hepcat wrote:I was tempted to look for an alternative location to take the stress off hentzau. I should get back to doing so. I do miss those weekends of nothing but gaming and donuts.
There’s really minimal pressure to set it up. Just need to find a weekend.
Bad Demographic

Post by Bad Demographic »

Watching this thread ...
"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities." Voltaire

Black Lives Matter
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

I will watch again eventually. Right now, I'm waiting for my car to get bad enough to get a new one. Until then Chicago is a scary drive. That and I have no idea what room rates are like since the before times.