MLB 2021 Post Season

Everything else!

Moderators: Bakhtosh, EvilHomer3k

El Guapo

Re: MLB 2021 Regular Season

Post by El Guapo »

Well, of course the Red Sox are blowing it. Looks like they'll play the Blue Jays or Yankees tomorrow.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

Black Lives Matter.
Jaymann

Post by Jaymann »

Just when you left the BoSox for dead...
Jaymann
]==(:::::::::::::>
Black Lives Matter
Hrdina

Post by Hrdina »

Nice to see the Phils end their season int he most appropriate way; losing to Miami because Hector Neris pitched 1 2/3 innings with 3 Ks but a walk and a 2-run HR.

At least I still have some hope of the Jays making the playoffs. Unfortunately both the Sox and Yanks are tied late right now. Jays need some help from Washington or Tampa.
Conform or be cast out!
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

$iljanus wrote:
El Guapo wrote: Sun Oct 03, 2021 11:39 am Game 162! If the Red Sox win today against the Nationals then they host the wild card game. If they lose they play a tiebreaker tomorrow. Four way tie is still in play.

I don't know that I've ever seen a shittier bullpen on a contending team, though. They have two semi-decent relievers, then Cora starts pulling people out of the stands.

Luckily for you the Red Sox is playing a team whose bullpen likes to shit the bed on a regular basis...

You're on your own though in the post season since you won't have the Nationals to kick around anymore!
You weren't kidding.

Black Lives Matter.
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

Of course, now the Red Sox bullpen needs to hold a lead.

Black Lives Matter.
Hrdina

Post by Hrdina »

Hrdina wrote: Sun Oct 03, 2021 6:05 pmAt least I still have some hope of the Jays making the playoffs. Unfortunately both the Sox and Yanks are tied late right now. Jays need some help from Washington or Tampa.
Sigh.
Conform or be cast out!
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

America will no doubt be thrilled to see more of the Red Sox and Yankees.

Though they may genuinely be happy that one of the two will be eliminated on Tuesday.

Black Lives Matter.
Exodor

Post by Exodor »

El Guapo wrote: Sun Oct 03, 2021 8:59 pm America will no doubt be thrilled to see more of the Red Sox and Yankees.

Though they may genuinely be happy that one of the two will be eliminated on Tuesday.
If we can get rid of the Yankees and Cardinals after the Wild Card round I'll be really happy.
Octavious

Post by Octavious »

Wonder how long it will take for the Mets to axe their manager and like a billion other people. There's no way Rojas comes back next year after this season of doom. Especially as he was a holdover from the previous owners.

I don't think it's possible to build a winning team next year no matter how much money they have to spend. Wayyyyy too many holes.

1B Alonso
2B ? Not sure they will keep Baez as he will be very pricey
SS Lindor (He started to come alive in the second half. I don't think this is Jason Bay 2.0)
3B ?
OF Nimmo,?,?
C McCann

So that's 4 position spots that they really don't have a solid answer. They could give a qualifying offer to Conforto, but seriously we have been waiting forever for him to be something bigger and he's either hurt or underperforms. So I'm sure they will give him an offer.

Pitching is an even bigger mess.

SP deGrom (How long will he last next season?)
SP Carrasco (He was a pile of dog poo after being out most of the season)
SP Megill (He was good the first half. Terrible the second)
SP Peterson (MEHHHHHH)
SP ?

Noah hasn't pitched in two years and his contract is up. My guess is he will get a qualifying offer and will take it to show he's still got it. Stroman was our best pitcher and his contract is up. We'll see how much they are willing to pay to keep him.

So in summary we have a ton of holes in the position players. And a ton of holes in the starting pitching. It's a f'n mess. :evil:
Capitalism tries for a delicate balance: It attempts to work things out so that everyone gets just enough stuff to keep them from getting violent and trying to take other people’s stuff.

Shameless plug for my website: www.nettphoto.com
Octavious

Post by Octavious »

And Rojas is gone. Shocking pretty much nobody. Burn it all down and start over. I'd rather they take 4-5 years to build a real franchise than try and buy their way out of it. That's never worked for the Mets and they have wayyyyy too much to try and buy. :P
Capitalism tries for a delicate balance: It attempts to work things out so that everyone gets just enough stuff to keep them from getting violent and trying to take other people’s stuff.

Octavious

Post by Octavious »

Watching the Yankees faceplant never gets old.

Jaymann

Post by Jaymann »

Congrats to Red Sox on eliminating Yankees. Next up Dodgers.
Jaymann
Black Lives Matter
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

Yeah that went a lot better than I expected. Eovaldi showed up ready to go, that's for sure.

So...now we see if the Red Sox can take at least one game vs. the Rays. I'm guessing Rays advance 3-1.
Black Lives Matter.
Jaymann

Post by Jaymann »

Adios Cardinals.
Jaymann
Black Lives Matter
naednek

Post by naednek »

Damn. Oh well. The Giants vs dodgers will be the real world series

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

hepcat - "I agree with Naednek"
Jaymann

Re: MLB 2021 Post Season

Post by Jaymann »

Title change for the post season. I'm rooting for a Rays - Brewers series.
Jaymann
Black Lives Matter
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

Jaymann wrote: Thu Oct 07, 2021 11:59 am Title change for the post season. I'm rooting for a Rays - Brewers series.
I wouldn't mind that either, though I suspect it will be Rays - Dodgers.

Unless the Red Sox can put together a Cinderella run here, with the Yankees out I'm mainly just rooting against the Astros.
Black Lives Matter.
Octavious

Post by Octavious »

I'm rooting against the Braves, Astros and Dodgers. Braves because f them they ruined the 90's for me. Astros because duh... Dodgers because I hate repeats and at some point you have spent way more than you should be allowed. They make the Yankees look like cheapskates. :P

El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

Octavious wrote: Thu Oct 07, 2021 12:25 pm I'm rooting against the Braves, Astros and Dodgers. Braves because f them they ruined the 90's for me. Astros because duh... Dodgers because I hate repeats and at some point you have spent way more than you should be allowed. They make the Yankees look like cheapskates. :P
See, I kind of want the Dodgers to succeed, because I want them to shame other owners (hint hint John Henry) into just paying some f'ing luxury tax.
Black Lives Matter.
Octavious

Post by Octavious »

El Guapo wrote: Thu Oct 07, 2021 12:45 pm
Octavious wrote: Thu Oct 07, 2021 12:25 pm I'm rooting against the Braves, Astros and Dodgers. Braves because f them they ruined the 90's for me. Astros because duh... Dodgers because I hate repeats and at some point you have spent way more than you should be allowed. They make the Yankees look like cheapskates. :P
See, I kind of want the Dodgers to succeed, because I want them to shame other owners (hint hint John Henry) into just paying some f'ing luxury tax.
The irony of course is that the Mets very likely could have the highest payroll in the next couple of years. No way Cohen is going to be ok trying to rebuild for 5 years. Should be a super interesting offseason for the Mets.

Scuzz

Post by Scuzz »

I am a Dodger fan but if I have learned anything over the past decade or so it is to not write the Giants off. I waited all year for the collapse and it never came.
Black Lives Matter
Pyperkub

Post by Pyperkub »

Scuzz wrote:I am a Dodger fan but if I have learned anything over the past decade or so it is to not write the Giants off. I waited all year for the collapse and it never came.
I was waiting for the Giants to fade as well, and I'm a Giants fan. This has been such a magical season out of nowhere to set the franchise record for wins in a season, and every single win was needed.

And now we get Dodgers - Giants for the first time ever in the postseason?

That's fun!
Black Lives definitely Matter Lorini!

Also: There are three ways to not tell the truth: lies, damned lies, and statistics.
Octavious

Post by Octavious »

I forgot that Wilmer Flores was on the Giants. Bet he is not crying about leaving the Mets now. :lol:

naednek

Post by naednek »

Pyperkub wrote: Thu Oct 07, 2021 1:59 pm
Scuzz wrote:I am a Dodger fan but if I have learned anything over the past decade or so it is to not write the Giants off. I waited all year for the collapse and it never came.
I was waiting for the Giants to fade as well, and I'm a Giants fan. This has been such a magical season out of nowhere to set the franchise record for wins in a season, and every single win was needed.

And now we get Dodgers - Giants for the first time ever in the postseason?

That's fun!

I don't know how we have never played each other in the post season with all that history. It's gonna be crazy that's for sure.
Scuzz

Post by Scuzz »

Didn't the Dodgers and Giants (when they were both in New York) play what amounted to a play in game in the 50's?

1951 they played in a best of three playoff to decide who would win the pennant. The Giants won game 3 with the famous home run heard round the world.
Last edited by Scuzz on Thu Oct 07, 2021 5:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Black Lives Matter
Hrothgar

Post by Hrothgar »

I can't believe all of you are rooting against Dusty Baker's best chance to win his first World Series (as a manager) since 2002.

Go Astros.
Pyperkub

Post by Pyperkub »

Scuzz wrote: Thu Oct 07, 2021 5:17 pm Didn't the Dodgers and Giants (when they were both in New York) play what amounted to a play in game in the 50's?

1951 they played in a best of three playoff to decide who would win the pennant. The Giants won game 3 with the famous home run heard round the world.
Yeah, but I'm not sure that is "post-season", as the tie-breaker games (at least in my lifetime) have always been considered regular-season. Not sure if that was the case with Bobby Thompson's blast tho.

Also: There are three ways to not tell the truth: lies, damned lies, and statistics.
Pyperkub

Post by Pyperkub »

Hrothgar wrote: Thu Oct 07, 2021 5:53 pm I can't believe all of you are rooting against Dusty Baker's best chance to win his first World Series (as a manager) since 2002.

Go Astros.
How many of the cheaters are still on the roster again? ;) Pretty sure they will be the bad guys forevermore... (though, it *was* against the Dodgers, so it could have been worse... )
Last edited by Pyperkub on Thu Oct 07, 2021 8:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

We root for laundry.
It's almost as if people are the problem.
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

I kind of forgot how good the Rays are at baseball.

Black Lives Matter.
Octavious

Post by Octavious »

Randy Arozarena is a postseason god. Like what the hell this is nuts. :lol:

noxiousdog

Post by noxiousdog »

Hrothgar wrote:I can't believe all of you are rooting against Dusty Baker's best chance to win his first World Series (as a manager) since 2002.

Go Astros.
We're still pretending nobody but the Astros cheat in baseball.
Black Lives Matter

"To wield Grond, the mighty hammer of the Federal Government, is to be intoxicated with power beyond what you and I can reckon (though I figure we can ball park it pretty good with computers and maths). Need to tunnel through a mountain? Grond. Kill a mighty ogre? Grond. Hangnail? Grond. Spider? Grond (actually, that's a legit use, moreso than the rest)." - Peacedog
Jaymann

Post by Jaymann »

Looks like it's still working for them.
Jaymann
Black Lives Matter
noxiousdog

Post by noxiousdog »

Jaymann wrote:Looks like it's still working for them.
Woot!
Black Lives Matter

"To wield Grond, the mighty hammer of the Federal Government, is to be intoxicated with power beyond what you and I can reckon (though I figure we can ball park it pretty good with computers and maths). Need to tunnel through a mountain? Grond. Kill a mighty ogre? Grond. Hangnail? Grond. Spider? Grond (actually, that's a legit use, moreso than the rest)." - Peacedog
Exodor

Post by Exodor »

Jaymann wrote: Thu Oct 07, 2021 11:59 am I'm rooting for a Rays - Brewers series.
Me too! Brewers simply because of Lorenzo Cain and Rays because I like they way they run their franchise.

Also MLB really needs to figure out how to deliver their products to cord-cutters. I paid for the mlb.tv subscription but it doesn't include posteason games unless you also have a cable tv package. I looked into it and my only options were to use a VPN or pay for Youtube.TV or another similar service.

Or just google "mlb free stream" and the first link has a perfectly working stream. I really tried to give them my money (actually, I already DID give them my money) so I could watch legitimately but I'm not spending an additional ~$60 for a full TV package just so I can watch postseason games.
naednek

Post by naednek »

Another dominating pitching game in SF. Wish Lorini was here :)
Octavious

Post by Octavious »

What happened to Lorini?

naednek

Post by naednek »

Octavious wrote: Sat Oct 09, 2021 1:45 am What happened to Lorini?
She left the forum. Someone (I don't know who) was bullying her. I don't have any details other than that. I stay in touch in Steam chat, but I can't post my memes there :P
Octavious

Post by Octavious »

Hmm weird I don't remember seeing that. Shame. :(

naednek

Post by naednek »

Well that was an implosion :( On to Monday!