Total War: Warhammer 3

If it's a video game it goes here.

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, Arcanis, $iljanus

Stuie

Total War: Warhammer 3

Post by Stuie »

Finally.

Takes place in the Realm of Chaos, including multiple Chaos factions plus Kislev and Grand Cathay.

And.... Coming this year!!!

Max Peck

Re: Total War: Warhammer 3

Post by Max Peck »

And not an Epic Games Store exclusive.

Maybe... I'm probably just paranoid, but I noticed that while I can pre-purchase it on EGS, Steam only allows me to wish-list it for now.

Edit: Steam now has a pre-purchase option.
Last edited by Max Peck on Wed Feb 03, 2021 3:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"What? What? What?" -- The 14th Doctor

It's not enough to be a good player... you also have to play well. -- Siegbert Tarrasch
NickAragua

Post by NickAragua »

Sounds like a party.

I'm hoping to see some Chaos Dwarves.
Black Lives Matter
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

(˙pǝsɹǝʌǝɹ uǝǝq sɐɥ ʎʇıʌɐɹƃ ʃɐuosɹǝd ʎW)
Chraolic

Post by Chraolic »

NickAragua wrote: Wed Feb 03, 2021 12:15 pm Sounds like a party.

I'm hoping to see some Chaos Dwarves.
Yeah, I'm thinking probably Chaos Dwarves for the preorder bonus, since they can reuse a lot of animations from the Dwarves and Greenskins.
Max Peck

Post by Max Peck »

It's not enough to be a good player... you also have to play well. -- Siegbert Tarrasch
dbt1949

Post by dbt1949 »

As cool as it looks I haven't played 1 & 2 enough to want to spend another $50-$60 yet.
Ye Olde Farte
Double Ought Forty
aka dbt1949
malchior

Post by malchior »

I pre-ordered it as soon as it announced. I have 100s of hours in. I've actually been playing a couple of Mortal Empire campaigns lately. I generally don't do that but expect a few bonuses and got great value on the first two games.

As to TW3, I'm most psyched that they are expanding on Chaos which was underdeveloped being the first (and most controversial) DLC. I love playing Chaos but it gets boring because you essentially specialize in Chosen, maybe add in a Giant, Troll, Chaos Knights or Hellcannon in an army and just smash the hell out of almost everyone playing whack-a-mole across the map.
Chraolic

Post by Chraolic »

The new survival mode seems pretty cool, it looks like a good middle ground between a quick skirmish battle and slogging through an entire campaign.
mcdog512

Post by mcdog512 »

Does this further extend the big campaign that combines maps?

edit: Looks like it does.
Max Peck

Post by Max Peck »

The game is delayed until 2022:

Grand Cathay gets a trailer:

Max Peck

Post by Max Peck »

Total War: WARHAMMER III FAQ
What is the Total War: WARHAMMER III release date?

Total War: WARHAMMER III will release on February 17, 2022.

Which platforms will Total War: WARHAMMER III be available on?

Total War: WARHAMMER III will be available on PC and will also be available as close to launch day as possible on macOS and Linux thanks to our friends at Feral Interactive – we’ll be confirming exactly when closer to release day.

Which stores will Total War: WARHAMMER III be available through?

You can pick up your copy of Total War: WARHAMMER III on Steam, the Epic Games Store, and the Microsoft Store. You can also purchase your copy directly from Creative Assembly here – the only difference is that more of the price you pay will go directly to the studio.

In addition, Total War: WARHAMMER III will be available as part of Game Pass for PC. See below for more details.

Other digital storefronts are also available – please check SEGA’s list of approved partners here.

Physical copies of Total War: WARHAMMER III will also be available in most territories – please check with your preferred local game stockist.
Can I purchase DLC for Total War: WARHAMMER games I own on one store on another (and vice versa)?

Currently it’s not possible to track the different Total War: WARHAMMER content you own across different storefronts. So, for example, if you buy Total War: WARHAMMER on the Epic Games Store, you will also need to buy the DLC on the Epic Games Store in order to use it.

The same applies for claiming the free combined map DLC – you would need to own both Total War: WARHAMMER and Total War: WARHAMMER II on the same store in order to claim it.

baelthazar

Post by baelthazar »

The Cathay video was FAR more thrilling than the Ogre one. Like, that was genuinely cool while the other was... big guys eating sloppily?
Max Peck

Post by Max Peck »

I think the video was just intended to be funny. The significant factoid is that the Ogre race pack DLC is the pre-order freebie.

Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

And it's keeping with the spirit of the race. Warhammer has always played up the laziness and stupidity of the ogres.
baelthazar

Post by baelthazar »

Max Peck wrote: Thu Nov 04, 2021 5:11 pm I think the video was just intended to be funny. The significant factoid is that the Ogre race pack DLC is the pre-order freebie.
That makes a lot more sense. I mean the tone difference is those two videos is like Lord of the Rings vs. Dumb and Dumber!
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

It's almost as if people are the problem.
Max Peck

Post by Max Peck »

I'm currently playing the Grand Cathay Northern Provinces campaign.

Imagine how thrilled I am that one of generals is chattering away about some sort of disease: "No deadlier than the common cold."

WTF CA? If you've got a political statement to make about public health, just come out and say it.

Pyperkub

Post by Pyperkub »

As this is included in MS Gamepass PC, it appears to be dragging me back to PC Gaming (a bit) after a couple of Pandemic years on the Couch with 4k surround sound gaming.

At least, it got me to finish upgrading the rig I built in 2014 or so:

32" G-Sync Monitor (2560x1440)
16 GB (more) RAM to fill my slots (32GB total now)
GTX 2060 12GB card (replacing my GTX 770 6GB since they stopped providing driver updates). x99 Deluxe Mobo only supports PCIe 3, so I wouldn't get much from a 30xx series boost. I hated the cost of graphics cards for most of the past decade, but finally bit the bullet. I usually would stay in the ~$200 range, but I had to lay out just over $500 for this. ouch.

Since I was on a spending spree, I also got a 3d printer (only related if I feel the need to start making WH figurines, but what the heck?).

I already have TW:WH 1 & 2, so I'm looking forward to the campaign incorporations/upgrades...
Black Lives definitely Matter Lorini!

Also: There are three ways to not tell the truth: lies, damned lies, and statistics.
Chraolic

Post by Chraolic »

I already owned the first two with DLC on Steam so I bought it for the megamap campaign and free ogres, but I haven't had any time to play yet. It seems pretty solid though, the new units and battlemaps look fantastic from what I've seen on Twitch.
AWS260

Post by AWS260 »

Max Peck wrote: Tue Feb 22, 2022 6:16 pm I'm currently playing the Grand Cathay Northern Provinces campaign.

Imagine how thrilled I am that one of generals is chattering away about some sort of disease: "No deadlier than the common cold."
Well, that's certainly in keeping with the "everyone is terrible" ethos that is supposed to be at the heart of all things Warhammer. But yeah, weird.

I am definitely picking up WH3 eventually, but thankfully my puny SSD doesn't have enough free space for it, so I don't have to rely on my meager willpower to resist.
Max Peck

Post by Max Peck »

Update 1.1.0 Patch Notes
As the first major release, we’ve packaged a ton of work into the build and highlighted all the changes we’ve made in the notes below. For those of you who want an abbreviated version, here are the key features and fixes coming with today’s build:
  • Numerous crash fixes and performance optimizations
  • A major overhaul of the Realm of Chaos mechanics
  • A much-anticipated fix for a bugged interaction between the Everlasting Gift tech and Gift of Slaneesh upgrade
  • A fix to ensure that Supply Lines values update properly when disbanding a Lord
  • Fixes for numerous issues blocking players from completing the Prologue
  • A one-on-one training montage to bulk up The Daemon Prince (aka “Daniel”)
  • Major adjustments to the Daemons of Chaos Gifts and Gift Sets
  • The first improvements to unit responsiveness (with more coming later)
  • Units must now brace against a charging attacker for Charge Reflection to take effect
  • Balance updates for most factions and several faction-specific units
  • Two returning Domination battlefields: Arnheim and Battle for Itza
  • Major updates to the Domination multiplayer mode: including larger starting armies and an update to supply mechanics
  • …and much more!
They've also added Steam Workshop support.

One mod that I like in particular allows you to disable the Chaos Realms campaign mechanic, so you can play the game as a sandbox.

Toggle Chaos Realms

Max Peck

Post by Max Peck »

Update 1.2.0
Greetings and glory to everyone joining us in Total War: WARHAMMER III. Welcome to UPDATE 1.2: another key opportunity for the WARHAMMER team to introduce a variety of changes, fixes, additions, and even a handful of new features to the battlefield. Here’s a brief look at what you can look for in today’s build:
  • The first Regiments of Renown pack, which adds elite troops to the Campaign and Battles
  • Mounts now automatically unlock for all mounted characters—no skill points necessary!
  • Auto-resolve fixes for key Campaign issues identified over the first months of WARHAMMER III
  • AI improvements to address concerns with Siege Battles and an overbearing “anti-player bias”
  • Numerous improvements to Unit Responsiveness during Battles
  • Technology updates (and more) for every playable race
  • A long list of fixes for Campaigns and Battles based on player feedback
  • …and more!

NickAragua

Post by NickAragua »

Whew, that's a lot of changes.

Still looking forward to "all three games mortal empires".
Black Lives Matter
Max Peck

Post by Max Peck »

From what I've been seeing the Immortal Empires campaign won't be coming for a few more months yet.

Max Peck

Post by Max Peck »

Immortal Empires open beta: Q3 2022

Max Peck

Post by Max Peck »

An Introduction to Immortal Empires
Immortal Empires is easily the most anticipated game mode coming to Total War: WARHAMMER III, and represents the world-encompassing vision we’ve been working towards since first partnering with Games Workshop nearly a decade ago. The combined battlefield brings everything we’ve built throughout the Total War: WARHAMMER series into WARHAMMER III: including the Races, factions, units, and Legendary Lords, all of which will find their home on a massive battlefield that spans the Warhammer world. In every respect, it’s the most ambitious project—and hands-down the most complicated one—we’ve ever attempted, and we’re thrilled to begin sharing more about the game mode now and in the weeks to come.

For all of you looking to get your hands on immortal Empires, we’re aiming to roll out the beta version of the game mode this August. Don’t worry; we’ll explain exactly what we mean by “beta” further below, but first, we want to spotlight some of what it’ll be bringing to Total War: WARHAMMER III.

WHAT’S NEW IN IMMORTAL EMPIRES?

Immortal Empires is much more than the sum of each game’s content smashed together into a larger map. Rather, the new game mode offers a variety of new features and approaches to the combined battlefield:
  • Access all 86 Legendary Lords from all three Total War: WARHAMMER titles.
  • Be’Lakor is now a Legendary Lord with his own faction.
  • Dedicated factions for a number of the older Legendary Lords, including: Grombrindal, Helman Ghorst, and Volkmar the Grim.
  • New starting locations for 29 of the older Legendary Lords.
  • Improved personal faction mechanics for a selection of the older Legendary Lords (such as Volkmar the Grim).
  • A new ‘Sea Lanes’ feature, which allow you to move armies between distant lands and continents—from one side of the map to the other—without leapfrogging them all the way across the map.
  • New dynamic end-game scenarios: randomised mid- to late-game challenges we’re introducing to challenge the late-game steamroll—where the player is so powerful that there’s little-to-no challenge left and less of a reason to complete the campaign. Think Greenskin invasions or resurgences of the undead, as a few examples…
  • Revamped victory conditions. Most players don’t end up finishing campaigns, and we want to give them better reasons—and a greater level of satisfaction—for doing so. As such, we’ve simplified the victory requirements into more meaningful objectives while avoiding any arbitrary playstyle requirements.
  • Corruption rework. Players will have new tools for spreading (or reducing) corruption through more active usage of their armies. Small amounts of natural reduction will also be available to uncorrupted factions.
  • 8-player multiplayer campaigns. And as a bonus, only the host of an Immortal Empires multiplayer campaign needs to own all three games. Friends who only own WARHAMMER III will still be able to join the campaign, though their Legendary Lord choices will (naturally) be limited to the ones they own.

NickAragua

Post by NickAragua »

Daaamn, sign me up.
Black Lives Matter
dbt1949

Post by dbt1949 »

That gives me more incentive to get Warhammer 3.
Ye Olde Farte
Double Ought Forty
aka dbt1949
Max Peck

Post by Max Peck »

I have 1369 hours logged in WH2, almost all of which was Mortal Empires. For me, Immortal Empires is the real WH3 (especially given that I have all the DLC for WH/WH2).
:horse:

Zarathud

Post by Zarathud »

My resistance is futile. I’m never going to hold out against the mega campaign.
"If the facts don't fit the theory, change the facts." - Albert Einstein
"I don't stand by anything." - Trump
“Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.” - John Stuart Mill, Inaugural Address Delivered to the University of St Andrews, 2/1/1867
“It is the impractical things in this tumultuous hell-scape of a world that matter most. A book, a name, chicken soup. They help us remember that, even in our darkest hour, life is still to be savored.” - Poe, Altered Carbon
Sepiche

Post by Sepiche »

Max Peck wrote: Thu Jun 16, 2022 4:55 pm I have 1369 hours logged in WH2, almost all of which was Mortal Empires. For me, Immortal Empires is the real WH3 (especially given that I have all the DLC for WH/WH2).
:horse:
Yup
Holman

Post by Holman »

That's what I'm waiting for!
Much prefer my Nazis Nuremberged.
Max Peck

Post by Max Peck »

Total War: WARHAMMER III – The Immortal Empires Map
Hello, Total War: WARHAMMER fans. In last week’s blog, we not only offered our first look at Immortal Empires, but noted that the new game mode “represents the world-spanning vision that we’ve been driving towards” since first beginning our work on the trilogy nearly a decade ago. Nowhere is that better represented than the campaign map: the massive battlefield where your armies will be fighting, raiding, sacking, and conquering in search of immortal glory.

This is the quintessential sandbox experience of the Total War: WARHAMMER campaign; and today, we’re excited to not only offer a sneak peek at the beta version of the map, but provide a first look at the new Sea Lanes feature being introduced along with Immortal Empires!

The Immortal Empires map is MASSIVE: the biggest map any Total War game has featured to date, and nearly twice as large as the Mortal Empires map first introduced in 2017 to Total War: WARHAMMER II. For perspective, the number of settlements has not only increased from 401 to 554*, but the number of starting factions has also increased from 183 to 278*.
Enlarge Image

There seems to be some blank space in the southeast corner of the map. My guess would be that is where some as-yet unannounced faction(s) will be located. I'm not familar with the P&P games, so I don't know what would go there.

Freyland

Post by Freyland »

Tiger people of Ind, Nagas of ?. In the lore, not fleshed out.
Sims 3 and signature unclear.
Max Peck

Post by Max Peck »

Yeah, it looks like the blank spots are the Kingdoms of Ind and the Hinterlands of Khuresh. I somehow managed to fail to notice that the blog explicitly names them... :lol:

Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

Isn't one of them Tilea? The one that looks just a little like a boot kicking an island that looks a little like Sicily?

(For those that don't know, the Warhammer map is a direct analog of the real world, with most of the human cultures corresponding to their real-world equivalents, and with Atlantis in place for the elves.)
Max Peck

Post by Max Peck »

Tilea is on the map over in pseudo-Europe, a little west of the Western Border Princes. The areas I'm talking about seem to correspond to India and southeast Asia.

Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

Max Peck wrote: Tue Jun 21, 2022 5:29 pm Tilea is on the map over in pseudo-Europe, a little west of the Western Border Princes. The areas I'm talking about seem to correspond to India and southeast Asia.
Shoot, you're right - it's the other one that looks just a little like a boot kicking an island that looks a little like Sicily. I was off in my scale - my brain was seeing the Sea of Dread as the Mediterranean, and the Southlands (Africa) as Estalia (Spain.)
Max Peck

Post by Max Peck »

Total War: WARHAMMER III – Update 1.3.0
Happy release day WARHAMMER fans! Welcome to UPDATE 1.3!

Like its predecessors, today’s update focuses on fixes and features identified and prioritized by our players in these early months of Total War: WARHAMMER III. While the list of changes is shorter than 1.1 or 1.2, there are still a hefty number of important adjustments to key systems throughout the game, new features to continue expanding the tools in your arsenal, and critical updates as we lay the groundwork for the massive 2.0 update coming in August.

If you’re looking for the short list of the most important notes, here’s the tl;dr summary of what’s coming in 1.3:
  • Regiments of Renown II introduces a whole new set of elite troops to all seven factions—this time with a focus on mounted units!
  • Land Battles have joined the ranked matchmaking queue!
  • Miao Ying can now (properly) use her Eye of the Storm ability in combat
  • Additional character trait reworks and skill tree updates for the Legendary Lords
  • Several adjustments to make the Realm of Chaos less punishing or tedious
  • Much-needed adjustments to how the AI Tzeentch faction utilizes Changing of the Ways
  • Improvements to the Cathayan Formation Attack ability
  • Fixes to the Kurgan Warband spawn rates during the Grand Cathay campaign
  • Numerous improvements to unit responsiveness to orders and movement commands in battle
  • AI improvements to their battle strategy, as well as fixes to prevent them from abusing skills and abilities
  • Various fixes for player-reported issues and feedback notes
  • …and more!