[America] Domestic violent extremism

For discussion of religion and politics

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, $iljanus

Unagi

Re: [America] Domestic violent extremism

Post by Unagi »

malchior wrote: Sun May 28, 2023 8:56 am And I still believe all their "blind spots" to be wholly intentional. Measurement drives action.
Absolutely. 100%.
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

I do believe this goes here:
Moms for Liberty, the far-right parental group known for protesting at school board meetings, has been identified by the Southern Poverty Law Center as a "hate group" for the first time ever.

Moms for Liberty, which recently said it knows liberal groups are spying on its activities because it's doing the same thing to them, is among 12 parental groups added to the SPLC's list of hate groups, according to USA Today.

"The Southern Poverty Law Center is for the first time labeling Florida-headquartered Moms for Liberty and 11 other right-wing 'parents' rights' groups as extremist groups in its annual report, released today," USA Today wrote.
While they might not be violent, they are domestic and they're most certainly extreme.
Maybe next year, maybe no go
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

News video on them

--------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.
I guess Ray Butts has ate his last pancake.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/daehawk
"Has high IQ. Refuses to apply it"
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

It feels like maybe this should be something the FBI is looking into? Or am I being ridiculous and having a sitting member of Congress tell his followers to "prepare" using military slang is just freedom of speech?

President Trump said he has "been summoned to appear at the Federal Courthouse in Miami on Tuesday, at 3 PM."

This is a perimeter probe from the oppressors. Hold. rPOTUS has this.

Buckle up. 1/50K know your bridges. Rock steady calm. That is all.
stessier

Post by stessier »

I am mercifully out of the loop. I know POTUS, but what is rPOTUS?
I require a reminder as to why raining arcane destruction is not an appropriate response to all of life's indignities. - Vaarsuvius
Global Steam Wishmaslist Tracking
Running____2014: 1300.55 miles____2015: 2036.13 miles____2016: 1012.75 miles____2017: 1105.82 miles____2018: 1318.91 miles__2019: 2000.00 miles
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

The "real" President, aka Trump.
stessier

Post by stessier »

Smoove_B wrote: Fri Jun 09, 2023 1:28 pm The "real" President, aka Trump.
Ah. I really should have been able to figure that out on my own - guess my tinfoil hat wasn't tied on well enough.
I require a reminder as to why raining arcane destruction is not an appropriate response to all of life's indignities. - Vaarsuvius
Global Steam Wishmaslist Tracking
Running____2014: 1300.55 miles____2015: 2036.13 miles____2016: 1012.75 miles____2017: 1105.82 miles____2018: 1318.91 miles__2019: 2000.00 miles
Pyperkub

Post by Pyperkub »

stessier wrote: Fri Jun 09, 2023 1:27 pm I am mercifully out of the loop. I know POTUS, but what is rPOTUS?
Here's the full translation:

Perimeter probe = the opposing side is looking at what you are doing.

Buckle up = gear up

Rock steady = man up

1/50 = mapping scaling description for terrain and distance (where are assets like bridges)
Black Lives definitely Matter Lorini!

Also: There are three ways to not tell the truth: lies, damned lies, and statistics.
Jaymann

Post by Jaymann »

So is this dim bulb suggesting that Nihilist Rednecks storm the courthouse where Florida Man is on trial? Would love to see DeSantis have to call out the National Guard to defend.
Jaymann
]==(:::::::::::::>
Black Lives Matter
Carpet_pissr

Post by Carpet_pissr »

That translation seems a bit off to me on a few points, but I don’t claim to speak ‘seething sociopath’.
malchior

Post by malchior »

Right. My read is he is saying protect yourselves and don't let them provoke you (being his audience) into acting. He is implying this is a deep state trap. Which is a common 1/6 refrain. Some of the QAnon people think that "they" tricked people into entering the Capital to be able to arrest them. That's fucking preposterous but these people are double plus stupid. He is saying let Trump deal with this because he's got it. Of course, Trump hasn't got it. He is a fucking moron but I think it means the opposite of what people are reading into it.
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

"Stand back and stand by"
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

Feels like somebody needs a visit and maybe a time out.

"January 6th is gonna look like a playground" - Trump supporter Pat speaks outside of Trump National Doral Miami where Former President expected to arrive for his second Indictment - "All we need is an order, we are ready"
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Christofascists, man.
It's almost as if people are the problem.
Jaymann

Post by Jaymann »

It's a honey trap. What better way to round up and prosecute the hardcore Nihilist Rednecks?
Jaymann
Black Lives Matter
LawBeefaroni
Forum Moderator

Post by LawBeefaroni »

Fuck. I have the same hat. I thought fishing would be safe.

Dammit.
" Hey OP, listen to my advice alright." -Tha General
"No scientific discovery is named after its original discoverer." -Stigler's Law of Eponymy, discovered by Robert K. Merton

MYT
Carpet_pissr

Post by Carpet_pissr »

“…if Trump gets indoctrinated…” :roll:
LawBeefaroni
Forum Moderator

Post by LawBeefaroni »

Carpet_pissr wrote: Mon Jun 12, 2023 5:21 pm “…if Trump gets indoctrinated…” :roll:
Also, "I was a federal agent for 19 years..." Couldn't hold on one more year for that FERS pension?

"They told us to refrain ourselves...."

But you don't have to be smart to be dangerous. That guy is probably dangerous.
"No scientific discovery is named after its original discoverer." -Stigler's Law of Eponymy, discovered by Robert K. Merton

MYT
raydude

Post by raydude »

LawBeefaroni wrote: Mon Jun 12, 2023 7:47 pm
Carpet_pissr wrote: Mon Jun 12, 2023 5:21 pm “…if Trump gets indoctrinated…” :roll:
Also, "I was a federal agent for 19 years..." Couldn't hold on one more year for that FERS pension?

I think he's deluded. He thinks he's going to war against Antifa and Kamala. He's going to be going up against law enforcement and, if it's anything like Jan 6, the FBI.
LawBeefaroni
Forum Moderator

Post by LawBeefaroni »

raydude wrote: Mon Jun 12, 2023 8:35 pm

I think he's deluded. He thinks he's going to war against Antifa and Kamala. He's going to be going up against law enforcement and, if it's anything like Jan 6, the FBI.
Still dangerous.

The FBI isn't really a preventive or policing agency. It's mostly investigative with some intervention. But yeah, he'll be going up against a lot of law enforcement. Which, if it's anything like Jan 6, he probably welcomes.

MYT
Carpet_pissr

Post by Carpet_pissr »

This could easily be turned into a In Living Color or Key and Peele sketch, but centered around “white mispronunciation”.
Grifman

Post by Grifman »

This is pretty serious:

At least he has added to the charges he will be facing. Should be going away for awhile after trial.
Tolerance is the virtue of the man without convictions. – G.K. Chesterton
Enough

Post by Enough »

Yeah, yikes. Very scary times at the moment, am I the only one just waiting for something really nuclear to go down from all this pent up and trumped up anger?
My blog (mostly photos): Fort Ephemera - My Flickr Photostream

“You only get one sunrise and one sunset a day, and you only get so many days on the planet. A good photographer does the math and doesn’t waste either.” ―Galen Rowell
Isgrimnur

[Canada] Domestic violent extremism

Post by Isgrimnur »

Vice
Canadian police say an attack on a university class examining gender studies was ideologically motivated and targeted due to the suspect’s animus towards the transgender community.

On Wednesday, a 24-year-old man walked into a Philosophy 202 class at Waterloo University in Ontario and stabbed three people, including the class professor.
A 38-year-old female professor, and two students — a 20-year-old woman and 19-year-old man—were transported to hospitals where they were treated for stab wounds described as “serious but not life-threatening” by Waterloo Police.

Geovanny Villalba-Aleman, a recent graduate of the university, was arrested shortly after the attack and has since been charged.
It's almost as if people are the problem.
Grifman

Post by Grifman »

Follow up:

Obama’s address was tweeted by Trump.
Kraken

Post by Kraken »

Those people live in the Bizarro universe. See how their writing is all backwards? Definite giveaway.
Jaymann

Post by Jaymann »

Yes, but was the van near a river?
Jaymann
Black Lives Matter
malchior

Post by malchior »

I know there was a holiday coming up but this event got a collective shrug from the media. It's crazy how badly the media is failing us as extremism and violence has become entwined in normalized Presidential politics.
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

Yeah the threat of violence isn't big news - only actual violence. And even that doesn't seem to be making headlines anymore; we're collectively numb.
malchior

Post by malchior »

Part of it is numbness but the media is not accurately describing the scale of events. Yes they all published a story about what happened but then they just...stopped. No real discussion about how the tactics Trump is using are not being addressed, how law enforcement is not doing anything to prevent it, the media isn't contextualizing it, and finally the absolutely useless Democrats aren't raising the issue either. The approach appears to be stick a head in the sand and hope it goes away.
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

Smoove_B wrote: Thu Jul 06, 2023 9:39 am Yeah the threat of violence isn't big news - only actual violence. And even that doesn't seem to be making headlines anymore; we're collectively numb.
Unless you are a Federalist member of SCOTUS.
Pyperkub

Post by Pyperkub »

LawBeefaroni wrote:
raydude wrote: Mon Jun 12, 2023 8:35 pm

Still dangerous.

The FBI isn't really a preventive or policing agency. It's mostly investigative with some intervention. But yeah, he'll be going up against a lot of law enforcement. Which, if it's anything like Jan 6, he probably welcomes.
The shift to a mission of counterterrorism belies this. See 702 abuse.

Sent from my SM-S908U1 using Tapatalk

Black Lives definitely Matter Lorini!

Also: There are three ways to not tell the truth: lies, damned lies, and statistics.
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

I am just for the first time learning about what they're doing in Canada:

IMVE is a threat comprised of ideologies fuelled by extreme views around race, gender and authority. It thrives on division and festers in the online space.

Currently, 50% of CSIS’s counter-terrorism resources are dedicated to investigating the complex IMVE threat.
And I just grabbed a quick document from 2021 that is focused on a specific element, but gives a broad overview of what they're trying to accomplish.

Why does this feel more...proactive than what we're doing?
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

Smoove_B wrote: Thu Jul 06, 2023 12:05 pm Why does this feel more...proactive than what we're doing?
A stern look and a finger-shaking is more proactive than what we're doing.
(˙pǝsɹǝʌǝɹ uǝǝq sɐɥ ʎʇıʌɐɹƃ ʃɐuosɹǝd ʎW)
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

Grifman wrote: Thu Jun 29, 2023 11:30 pm Obama’s address was tweeted by Trump.
Even better observation:

Trump attacks CNN. Cesar Sayoc sends pipe bombs to CNN.

Trump attacks BLM. Kyle Rittenhouse kills two BLM protesters.

Trump attacks Michigan governor. Men try to kidnap her.

Trump posts Obama’s address on Truth Social. Man arrested near Obama’s home.
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

Trump attack's Ukraine's President...
(˙pǝsɹǝʌǝɹ uǝǝq sɐɥ ʎʇıʌɐɹƃ ʃɐuosɹǝd ʎW)
Grifman

Post by Grifman »

malchior

Post by malchior »

White supremacist kills 3 on 60th anniversary of Dr. King's march to Washington and leaves behind white supremacist manifesto in suicide plot
In the span of 11 terrifying minutes, a gunman targeting Black people killed two shoppers and an employee at a Dollar General store in Jacksonville, Fla., a rampage that the authorities are investigating as a hate crime and that has reverberated through a community that has long coped with the legacy of racism.

The shooting on Saturday, on the same day that the nation commemorated the 60th anniversary of the March on Washington, prompted somber vigils and renewed vows for unity from residents and officials, but also a tense appearance by the governor in a city that in recent years has dealt with a series of hateful incidents and a continuing dispute over Confederate monuments.

“We have three people who are dead because they are Black,” State Senator Tracie Davis, a Jacksonville Democrat, said at a vigil on Sunday morning. “Shopping. In our community. Gunned down. Because they were Black.”

DOJ Statement
The Justice Department issued the following statement from Attorney General Merrick B. Garland following yesterday’s shooting in Jacksonville, Florida:

“Yesterday in Jacksonville, Florida, three people were killed in a horrific act of hate. In the wake of the mass shooting, FBI and ATF agents responded to the scene and are continuing to work closely with local law enforcement on the ground. The Justice Department is investigating this attack as a hate crime and an act of racially-motivated violent extremism. The entire Justice Department extends its deepest condolences to the loved ones of the victims and to the Jacksonville community as they mourn an unimaginable loss.

No person in this country should have to live in fear of hate-fueled violence and no family should have to grieve the loss of a loved one to bigotry and hate. One of the Justice Department’s first priorities upon its founding in 1870 was to bring to justice white supremacists who used violence to terrorize Black Americans. That remains our urgent charge today. The Justice Department will never stop working to protect everyone in our country from unlawful acts of hate.”

The Justice Department is investigating the attack as a hate crime and an act of racially motivated violent extremism. In March, the F.B.I. released an analysis of hate crime incidents in 2021 — the last year data was fully available — which said that hate crimes overall had increased by more than 11 percent since 2020. According to the data, anti-Black hate crimes made up the largest “bias incident category,” with 31 percent of all single-bias incidents in 2021.
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

One can easily see why the GOP has no use for the DOJ.
LawBeefaroni
Forum Moderator

Post by LawBeefaroni »

He tried to get on campus at Edward Waters University (an HBU) but was stopped and denied entry by security. He then went on to commit the murders at Dollar General. What he did was bad enough but it could have been even worse.

https://www.cnn.com/2023/08/27/us/jacks ... index.html
The gunman, identified as 21-year-old Ryan Christopher Palmeter, bought a handgun in April and an AR-15-style rifle in June, the sheriff said. He lived with his parents in nearby Orange Park and had no criminal arrest history, although he had been temporarily involuntarily held under the Baker Act in 2017, the sheriff said.

“In this situation, there was nothing illegal about him owning the firearms,” he said.
But good to see they're banning "CRT" down there in Florida.

MYT