Door Kickers 2: Task Force North [PC] - Top Down Tactical Shooter

If it's a video game it goes here.

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, Arcanis, $iljanus

jztemple2

Re: Door Kickers 2: Task Force North [PC] - Top Down Tactical Shooter

Post by jztemple2 »

New update, The Workshop is now Live / Level Design Contest!
Head over there to download, play, give feedback and support your friendly neighborhood level designers. Make sure to upvote the maps you like, as the most upvoted in 1 months time wins stuff from us! <contest details at the bottom>

We got the party started with a very special map, so what are you waiting for? To celebrate the workshop release, Door Kickers 2 is 10% OFF starting tomorrow! There's also 3 new official maps in the game, and they ain't easy, folks.

Early Access development means lots of regular changes to data structure - including mission format, so from day 1 we said the Workshop will come later in development. Yet, our intrepid fans smuggled tens of very high-quality homemade maps behind the not-so-closed doors of DK Discord. Their work deserved to be showcased, so we have listened and decided to open the Workshop now and deal with it. This update was mainly focused on adding the needed functionality to support map making and map sharing. But there's also lots of stuff taking shape in the code so next update will bring some often requested improvements to the game ;)

Also announcing our first Level Design Contest, starting now! The Workshop-published Map with the most player upvotes in 1 months time wins its designer keys for all KHG games on the platforms of his choosing, as well as a special trooper portrait to go in the Door Kickers 2 unit roster.

Contest closes on 20th of June 2021, at 13:00 GMT.

So, get playing - and get voting!

Your Dev Team @ KillHouse Games

Full patch changelist below:
- steam workshop support for maps
- added three new official maps
- waypoint menu can now be switched between targeted actions and path options
- private Security types now have proper clothing
- fixed bug where walls would dissappear
- fixed several AI bugs
- fixed shader error when playing on Linux over Proton
- fixed bug where slap charges placed on a window would disappear
- fixed several coop-related bugs
- editor: added snow effect
- editor: auto-update light BOX limits when it moves
- editor: can now split walls
- editor: added group properties in UI (origin/rotation/scaling), were only shortcuts before
- editor: added alternative spawn-points for groups
- editor: rotate 90 degrees option

Last edited by jztemple2 on Wed Nov 30, 2022 12:53 am, edited 2 times in total.
My father said that anything is interesting if you bother to read about it - Michael C. Harrold
TheMix

Post by TheMix »

In the 3rd image, is the yellow guy supposed to grab a slice of pizza? :D

Black Lives Matter

Isgrimnur - Facebook makes you hate your friends and family. LinkedIn makes you hate you co-workers. NextDoor makes you hate your neighbors.
jztemple2

Post by jztemple2 »

TheMix wrote: Thu May 20, 2021 4:11 pm In the 3rd image, is the yellow guy supposed to grab a slice of pizza? :D
:D

Actually he's "slicing the pie", meaning in the game, that at the current waypoint the shooter will keep his weapon aimed at the indicated point (the pizza slice) while he continues to move. These diagrams show it better:

Enlarge Image

Enlarge Image

The image from my previous post is rather staged just to show the different tactical actions you can select at each waypoint.
My father said that anything is interesting if you bother to read about it - Michael C. Harrold
TheMix

Post by TheMix »

Interesting. I was being funny, but I appreciate the explanation. I've never played the game, but I see that would be an important feature.

Black Lives Matter

Isgrimnur - Facebook makes you hate your friends and family. LinkedIn makes you hate you co-workers. NextDoor makes you hate your neighbors.
jztemple2

Post by jztemple2 »

TheMix wrote: Thu May 20, 2021 5:40 pm Interesting. I was being funny, but I appreciate the explanation. I've never played the game, but I see that would be an important feature.
Glad to help.

I don't remember if I mentioned this before, but the game is a lot like if you were playing one of the early Rainbow Six games from an overhead perspective. If you enjoy a tactical turn based game with in-depth planning features you might give it a look.
jztemple2

Post by jztemple2 »

Next major update has been released, Breacher Up! Shotguns are here.
The Shotgun mafia boys can rest their keyboards - our intrepid Rangers dug deeply into their Armory and found some leftover shotguns - the semi-auto M1014s, but also some Breaching shorties to be carried in addition to your primary weapon.

Since these are not standard Rangers weaponry, there's no associated class use restriction. Yes, you can have your support guy join the assault with his new M1014. Or maybe not, have you tried his new "Suppress Area" Ability?

All Support Guys can be ordered to provide suppressive fire and fix enemies in their cover. And all gunfire and explosions contribute to suppression, so a gunfight will dynamically change when the volume of fire pins down enemies and operators alike. Those that are still alive, that is...

This implementation is a bit experimental, so waiting to hear what you think of it.

But wait, there's more!

All classes can equip the decidedly not cool Thermal Torches and quickly cut through padlocks, metal fences, chainlink and possibly stuff that's really a fire hazard. These should open up new venues of approach even in old maps, feel free to explore, improvise and report.

Also included lots of fixes, improvements and 2 NEW MAPS
- so ... Get Breaching!
Patch notes:
Spoiler:
Full Changelist v0.17

- two new maps
- new Support class option: Suppressive Fire
- new weapon: M1014 shotgun
- new weapon: XM338 (Support class)
- new equipment: Breacher Shotgun
- new equipment: Thermal Torch - for extra crispy breaching
- new backpack equipment: 3x Frag Grenades
- new backpack equipment: 3x Smoke Grenades

- can now pre-plan grenade trajectories through doors
- improved effectiveness of stinger grenades over civilians
- added 'delete' button for your creations and workshop maps
- new option: lock mouse to screen in fullscreen borderless mode
- new option: mute when alt-tabbed
- replays cinematic mode now removes all UI
- optimized game for better performance on large maps
- multiple improvements/fixes to existent missions (replays will be voided for those maps)
- fixed not being able to pre-plan through glass walls
- fixed the actions menu being cut-off at screen edges
- fixed order of operators on a door not being saved correctly at restart in some cases
- fixed a bug where the Jump action would be done before actions such as placing explosives (on the same target)
- fixed not switching to previously equipped weapon after using the dynamic hammer
- fixed incorrectly displaying number of missions finished in a chapter
- fixed multiple crashes
- fixed being able to rclick+drag on wall explosives, rendering them unusable
- fixed Continue sometimes not correctly loading the next mission
- fixed glass doors not getting destroyed by grenades going through them
- fixed explosives incorrectly showing as 0 quantity in certain path setups
- fixed not being able to share custom map replays with other PCs
- fixed sniper seeing through enemy disguises
- fixed seeing FOV & no tooltip for concealed enemies
- fixed FOV not working correctly with extremely long walls
- multiple other gameplay fixes and improvements
- workshop: added 'thumbs up' button for workshop maps
- workshop: added search bar in the workshop maps screen
- workshop: fixed some maps not being displayed as 'finished' in the UI
- workshop: fixed not being able to upload maps that had certain characters in their names
- editor: fixed not rotating the map correctly with the 180/90 deg options
- editor: grid options are remembered betwen editor restarts
- editor: fixed crash when using the UI Delete button
- editor: increased max lights number
- editor: fixed light box limits auto-updating when opening the editor
- editor: showing current/max number of entities and lights (and warning when going over)
- editor: fixed copy/paste not snapping to the previous grid alignment
- editor: added support for textured polygons (see river_bed_shape and water_shape)
- editor: added more text to the help section, including VOID's map-making tutorials
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Your posts here have led me back to Breach & Clear. :oops:
It's almost as if people are the problem.
jztemple2

Post by jztemple2 »

I haven't posted here for awhile, but that's because the devs haven't released anything since June. However, there is stuff in the pipeline:
When next update: you probably noticed this one will take longer than our usual. This is due to it being a larger update and also us being afk for summer vacations. To name a few of incoming features, some of which have already been posted around here: a new Unit (including new game mechanics, many new weapons and new equipment), squad management with multiple squads support, ability to do custom targeting as well as better auto-targeting plus many others. I wouldn't trust myself to give a time estimation and neither should you believe me if I do :slight_smile: But we're not far away from finishing it.
jztemple2

Post by jztemple2 »

The new update has been uploaded and it's a doozy: The Big, Secret, Clandestine Ops Update
Finally - a new update, and its a HUGE one: new content, new gameplay, tons of fixes and enhancements.

Enlarge Image

And the CIA Special Activities Division boys.

On any mission you can now choose to deploy either the CIA or the Rangers - but in Coop each player gets to pick; Feel free to mix them up. We've also made it possible to edit and customize the squads from the Main Menu, it should help. And you can have more than one squad of each Unit. Why? Trust us, it will make sense later ;)

Enlarge Image

The CIA come with a limited roster of just 4 troopers, and 2 player classes: The multi-role Black Ops Paramilitary Officers, who can kick posterior left and right and wield any weaponry type, and the very specialized Undercover Agents. These try to blend in, infiltrate the area and use local or hidden weapons to maximize concealment.

Each CIA Officer is rated on Concealment according to the gear and weapons they carry. Too much, too bulky, and the enemy will think you're SUSPICIOUS and eyeball you closer , or outright know you don't belong there. Lighten up your visible load. get rated COVERT and the enemy will mostly ignore you.
There's quite a lot more description, like that both the CIA and the Rangers can now equip one-shot disposable Rocket Launchers. And there's a new mission type - RAID ON STRONGHOLD. Get in, destroy enemy equipment, and don't forget to get out. You're always outnumbered, don't be outsmarted, and leave no man behind. Also there are lots of patch notes too.
Last edited by jztemple2 on Tue Jan 18, 2022 4:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jztemple2

Post by jztemple2 »

The new update is a lot of fun. Adding the CIA operatives and their covert features adds a lot of new gameplay. The default maps in the game have been updated to support the CIA operatives by adding Danger Zones where even an undercover agent would be discovered.

I've added four missions of my own on my Workshop page (let me know if the link is bad). Two of the missions are similar but one is tailored for Rangers and one for the CIA.

Deep in the action on one of my maps:
Enlarge Image
jztemple2

Post by jztemple2 »

Some of the maps are quite sizeable.

Enlarge Image
jztemple2

Post by jztemple2 »

New update: Suppressors et al... The "stop bugging us about it" update
Ok, fine, we've added suppressors, so stop bugging us about them.
Enlarge Image

As we've said before, suppressors in Door Kickers 2 don't make guns magically silent, unless there's also a subsonic ammo option that you equip. They do help to create confusion, and they do reduce sound report a bit, Most importantly, they'll help when hiding in the dark - when we implement night missions, that is.

And ... we've also made it that you can click on troopers to HOLD them in place, so stop bugging us about that too!
Click to hold, click again to release. And you can even click on a path to add a simple "hold here until released" waypoint if you don't have time to create a more thorough plan sync.
And there is more about mods, price increases and other stuff, plus the full patch notes, in the article.
Last edited by jztemple2 on Tue Jan 18, 2022 4:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jztemple2

Post by jztemple2 »

One of the ways I enjoy DK2 is using the Mission Generator. It has improved a lot over the one provided in the first game and also during the early DK2 development. Below is a screenshot of a mission I generated with random settings. Obviously it's a big map, with ten of your own operatives. While it might not have the creativity of the developer provided or the Steam Workshop maps, it is a good way to test out new weapons and operative types since there are no "trick" locations, timers or booby traps. In case someone wants it, the code for this mission is 0xED6902F1, the first "0" is a numeric. Also you can go into the C:\Users\[user name]\AppData\Local\KillHouseGames\DoorKickers2\data\maps_random folder and copy the files for the mission (once you have generated it, and before you generate another) and move them into the editor folder and tinker with the map.

By the way, on the map below, there are four starting positions on the lower right corner of the map, they don't show up in the screenshot. If you use the code above to generate the mission you can of course put operatives into those starting locations. That is one of the reasons you might want to put the mission files in the editor, you can add or move starting locations and give them a look.

Enlarge Image
jztemple2

Post by jztemple2 »

This is a pretty good Workshop map, S.O.D Direct Action 01 : Hacker Space by Ganjirah. It's the first of so far ten of a series. Here is the briefing:
Briefing for operation codename " Hacker Space "

" We received sensitive intelligence on the whereabouts of a wanted mercenary connected to various terrorist cells and known for cybersecurity threats around the world. He and his crew just captured two skilled hackers and set up a base of operations on the outskirt of Aleppo. Your mission priority is to apprehend the HVT, secure the area and sweep the compound for anything valuable. Expect heavy resistance."
The map:
Enlarge Image

I won't give away spoilers, but this is one of those great maps where you have to remember to watch your six. Just saying... :wink:
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

Thanks for all this. You’re doing God’s work, JZ.
Covfefe!
jztemple2

Post by jztemple2 »

So if someone is having trouble grasping the fundamentals of DK2, there's a Steam Guide for that: Door Kicking For Dummies. Some of the videos aren't working but between the text, the pics and the videos that do work there's good info there to understand how to play the game a bit better.

There are only user created maps in the Steam Workshop, but on the Discord for DK2 there's a channel for mods. This one allows you to create a third type of squad, composed of A.I.M. operatives from Jagged Alliance :wink:

Enlarge Image

Enlarge Image

Enlarge Image
Last edited by jztemple2 on Tue Jan 18, 2022 4:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jztemple2

Post by jztemple2 »

I'm running two mods and they add some interesting new items and weapons:
Enlarge Image

Enlarge Image

Enlarge Image
Last edited by jztemple2 on Tue Jan 18, 2022 4:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jztemple2

Post by jztemple2 »

Here's an example of a really clever solution to a complex problem, how to rescue two hostages without getting them executed. This person used the CIA team and used some lateral thinking to get in fast:

jztemple2

Post by jztemple2 »

Today I figured I'd mention one of the nicer features of DK2, the in-game integration with the Steam Workshop. Here's a look at the in-game Steam Workshop Missions screen:
Enlarge Image

For an example, look at the middle right of the screen, at the mission labeled "House raid #1". Above the title is a screenshot of the map. To the top left of the box is a handcuffs symbol, indicating that the mission objective is to capture a High Value Target (HVT). At the top right of the box is a number "2" with a symbol next to it, that indicates that this mission calls for two operatives. On the lower left of the box is the name of the author, 7691wjones. Below the author's name is a thumbs up symbol. If it is greyed out that means you haven't upvoted this mission, if it is, then that means you voted that you like it. In the bottom center are three stars, which means that when I played it, I manage to not get my operatives or civilians (if present) killed and I was able to capture my HVT. Finally on the bottom right is a greyed out red "X" which you can use to unsubscribe the mission right from this screen rather than going to the Workshop.

If you look below "House raid #1" you'll see the mission "Savage_Thunder", created by yours truly. The mission type is a hostage rescue and you can use up to four operatives to execute the mission. There are other mission types as well.

At the bottom of the screen are two items worth mentioning. One is the Sort function, which allows sorting of missions by a variety of criteria, including size. That's important if you are looking for a quick mission to play or a real in-depth challenge. Finally on the right is the Manage Workshop button which opens up the Steam Workshop window for the game. So you don't have to leave the game to find new missions.
Last edited by jztemple2 on Tue Jan 18, 2022 4:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jztemple2

Post by jztemple2 »

We were talking before about "slicing the pie". Here's an in-game example of how you plot to "slice the pie". Our blue man (with the blue pathing) is going to slowly move in an arc to see if there are any bad guys in the room. Holding Shift+RMB, we draw out a sight line that ends up with a slice of pie at the end. That means that as my operative moves, his aim point remains fixed, so he will slowly rotate to keep his weapon aimed there. Next we hold the LMB and draw his movement path up and to the right. Finally, using left clicks on the movement path, we add manual pauses; this new feature was added a month or so ago. When we unpause the game the operative will move along the path till he reaches the first hand symbol. He'll stop there until left click on him at which time he'll keep moving to the next hand symbol and so on.

It sounds complicated but once you do it a few times it will be easy to lay out each time. "Slicing the pie" is one of the most important tactics you'll learn.

Enlarge Image
Last edited by jztemple2 on Tue Jan 18, 2022 4:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jztemple2

Post by jztemple2 »

This is how 3D looks in the game. This first shot is from directly overhead.
Enlarge Image

This next shot is from the lowest angle available in the default game. You switch between these views using the Home and End keys.
Enlarge Image

And, in case you were wondering, if you switch "dev mode" to true, you can actually walk around in the map itself. Here some bad guys are checking out their weapons.
Enlarge Image

And here are two operatives about to enter through the door, which oddly is transparent for some reason.
Enlarge Image
Last edited by jztemple2 on Tue Jan 18, 2022 4:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jztemple2

Post by jztemple2 »

The last major update of the year was released today: Darkness falls over Nowheraki
Winter Solstice time is here, the longest night of the year - a perfect occasion to sit down and reflect on how best to approach Tactical Operations during hours of darkness - cause Night Ops arrive to Door Kickers 2!

Enlarge Image

There's a couple new Night Ops oriented missions for you to try, but we've also updated some of the old missions to better reflect that they were, actually, taking place in the dark.

Enlarge Image

What's different? Darkness now conceals you, while lights reveal you. Enemies will spot you only at close range when you're hidden in the dark, and will engage you with less precise and effective fire even when you're spotted. Well, enemies with no Night Vision of their own,

Enlarge Image

This works both ways, so make sure to equip Night Vision Goggles to see without being seen - or both you and the enemy will stumble in the dark, unsure of what's out there.

Enlarge Image

Muzzle flashes break concealment and reveal positions, so equip suppressors when possible. They don't hide you completely, but they help to keep the enemy guessing.

Speaking of guess work, select maps now feature the promised - "cut off the lights" option, so do try to use that to your advantage.

Most importantly, hide until its time to strike, and strike decisively - don't give the enemy any chance to react.

So get playing, and let us know what you think!

This is most likely the final update for 2021. A fun but challenging ride, one we couldn't weather without you fine folks. But there's much more to come :)

Your Devs @ KHG, signing off.

changelist v0.25

- added night mission mechanics
- added helmet customization (with NVGs as attachments)
- two completely new maps
- eight existing maps converted to night missions
- grenade/rpg explosions will now block line-of-sight for a fraction of a second.
- changed shortcut for the click-to-stop action to SHIFT+click-to-stop
- fixed several bugs/issues related to replays
- fixed workshop maps not being sorted correctly
- hostages and ambassadors can no longer open locked doors
- rocket launcher + gocode: now equips RL, then waits for gocode
- CIA Undercover can now equip 1x Grenade Packs, for more concealment
- fixed 'go silent' global setting not being saved on restart
- fixed a bug where hostages would not go to evac zones when ordered
- fixed timebombs not always doing kill damage around them
- fixed/improved bullet spread and accuracy up-close
- fixed blindfiring enemies being very accurate
- fixed borderless mode flickering screen when alt-tabbing
- fixed windowed mode flickering when alt-tabbing in HDR mode
- fixed not being able to select path endpoint when overlapping with set waypoints
- fixed wait-here gocode subtracting explosives when used near a wall
- fixed not being able to use breaching charges on a wall near an opened door
- fix for replays in cinematic mode showing edge-of-screen portraits
- fov camera is not editable
- fixed a bug in Linux + Proton
- the CIA vanilla G19 now has a threaded barrel and can be suppressed
- many other fixes and improvements, but in a hurry to catch Christmas

Last edited by jztemple2 on Tue Jan 18, 2022 4:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jztemple2

Post by jztemple2 »

Couldn't resist :wink:

Enlarge Image
Last edited by jztemple2 on Tue Jan 18, 2022 4:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jztemple2

Post by jztemple2 »

For those who are actually playing the game(?) the best way to get a good look at the new night features is to play the mission "Why We Fight" under the "FNGs Welcome" category. Try the mission (if you haven't before) without the new NVGs, and then again with them. Huge difference. Also on this map there are now two fuse boxes, which you can destroy with your built-in gear as shown:
Enlarge Image

This is what the map looks like just before I break the fuse box. Areas with green tint are areas where your NVG equipped operatives can see normally while the non-NVG bad guys are literally in the dark. Areas without the green tint, those indoor rooms, have lighting of some sort not necessarily shown on the map. The fuse box is in the lower right, next to my guy.
Enlarge Image

This is after the box is broken. Notice that the rooms on the right side of the map now are green tint, the bad guys there are in the dark. The rooms in the center building are still lit, since they are on a separate fuse box.
Enlarge Image

For clarification, on that top image you can see two outdoor lights with their illuminated area around them. If you move an operative within a certain radius of the light you'll get a red exclamation point in a circle next to the operative, that means they are now visible to non-NVG characters.
Last edited by jztemple2 on Tue Jan 18, 2022 4:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jztemple2

Post by jztemple2 »

Now for some examples from the same map but with our operatives not having NVGs. Below is Axe, and as I mouse over him you'll see a blue area around him. This is the area he can see. Beyond in the red area he can't see an enemy, unless the enemy is standing near a light.
Enlarge Image

Here's another good example. Axe is standing close enough to that outside light that he is illuminated to others, which is indicated by the red eye symbol right next to him. Beyond range which he can see, that blue circle, there are question marks. That means there is someone there, but Axe can't see them well enough to identify them or to shoot.
Enlarge Image

Finally one more example. Axe is concealed, which you can tell by the light blue eye symbol with the slash through it. He has come across two bad guys who, sadly for them, are standing too close to that outdoor light so that Axe can see them. They have those red question marks in the circle and the dashed red sight lines because the can't see Axe. Too bad for them.
Enlarge Image

By the way, Door Kickers 2 is on sale on Steam for 10% off.
Last edited by jztemple2 on Tue Jan 18, 2022 4:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jztemple2

Post by jztemple2 »

So, I haven't posted for awhile, been reading and playing Forza Horizon 5. However, I've also been tinkering with that new fuse box feature that got added in December. I thought to myself, what if the building had a backup power supply which would turn the lights back on after some delay? And so I've created the mission Lights Off, Lights On! (night). This uses a map I created many months ago, updated for night conditions, hence the (night) in the title. This is the briefing for the map:
This is an old map of mine. It has been converted to a night map, with a twist.

It is designed for a CIA team. Using Rangers may alter your experience.

Intelligence reports that destroying the fuse box will knock out the inside lights, but after fifteen seconds the backup power will turn them back on!

Rescue the hostages and bring them out safely.
Enlarge Image
Last edited by jztemple2 on Tue Jan 18, 2022 4:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jztemple2

Post by jztemple2 »

The fact that Door Kicker 2 is a 3D maps means you don't have to play it in the vertical overhead view. Below is a look at a map in the middle of a mission with the view at the normal max tilted view. It is possible to edit an XML file and actually go inside the map too.

Enlarge Image
Last edited by jztemple2 on Tue Jan 18, 2022 4:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jztemple2

Post by jztemple2 »

A new update to version 0.27, Quality of life improvements and hotfix update
Spoiler:
Changelist for v0.27:
- added optional suppressors to Mk48, M249, XM338, M4/203 and Mk18/M203 weapons
- added more .45 ACP ammo choices for the CIA pistols
- fixed CIA not always equipping weapon after being detected while planting explosives
- replaced schematic map thumbnails with workshop-styled ones
- fixed being able to go covert while escorting hostage or HVTs
- can order hostages following other troopers to follow your trooper
- dead bodies are no longer fully visible in darkness
- enemies now look towards the shooter when investigating dead bodies
- enemies that spot troopers in darkness no longer point at them
- increased distance from which you can interact with doors/objects a bit
- fixed sus zone being created while waiting to throw grenade on a gocode (so before it was actually thrown)
- fixed AIs not going through breached walls in some cases
- fixed enemies seeing doors open in darkness
- fixed Fergie and suppressing troopers hiding friendlies in night missions
- fixed troopers seeing hostages without NVGs
- fixed grenades not obeying preset trajectory when throwing at certain angles
- fixed using the NextMission button from the in-game menu while replaying resulting in infinite loading screen
- fixed sometimes getting stuck in obstacles while jumping over them
- fixed a situation where explosives could be spawned while in planning mode
- fixed showing red warning when hovering lit enemies on night maps
- fixed NVG visual bug when anisotropy is forced in NVidia control panel
- fixed several bugs related to copy/pasting equipment
- fixed walk-sliding animation when following another troop
- fixed UI elements looking really bad when using low quality textures
- fixed being able to jump through walls/obstacles when pathing through a red destruction preview, then cancelling it (but the jump action remained)
- bullet shells stay for longer (50 sec)
- tweaked weapon laser ray to make it sharper/longer and without it becoming blurry
- fixed spycam using the owner's NVG
- NVG toggle in replay menu
- fixed dead bodies stuck in red ghost
- fixed FOVCamera seeing through walls when radius = 180 degrees
- fixed being able to completely unlock fps when turning off vsync from the nvidia control panel
- editor: fixed splitting scaled walls resulting in scale resetting
- editor: middle click + shift will rotate entity towards mouse (modified previous shift+rclick feature)
- editor: unchecking nightMission from map settings will take effect visually without restarting the map
- editor: fixed editor light icons disappearing when disabled/animated
- added some generic-ish Tango enemies, in both Weaponless and Armed variation, for mission builders out there (Hey Knifemaster!)
Also I'm in the process of changing the image tags of all the bigger images of this thread to the bigimg tag.
jztemple2

Post by jztemple2 »

I now have a number of maps on my Door Kickers 2 Steam Workshop page. I've started a new series, "In The Shadows". This series will focus on the CIA team in the game. The first mission is In The Shadows: 01 Redress. The briefing:
CIA Team Europe has been given a series of missions in response to an enemy attack on our embassy.

In this first mission, code name Redress, a two person undercover team has been assigned to capture and extract a HVT. Civilian casualties must be avoided.
Enlarge Image

I've also posted a second mission, In The Shadows: 02 Rectify
In this second mission, code name Rectify, a two person undercover team has been scrambled out to the desert. A helicopter has gone down and on board was an asset being held as a hostage. Free the asset and escape with him.
Enlarge Image
jztemple2

Post by jztemple2 »

A new patch from the devs, The Random Mission Generator Update
This patch focuses on the Random Mission Generator, which was long overdue to get some love! First, you can now generate more mission types, but the generator pattern and mission structures have also been improved. Enjoy Randomly Generated Hostage Rescue, people! Trust us, it changes everything.

Enlarge Image

Second - you can also play RMG and workshop mission in Coop! Coop for everyone! Additionally, you can now host a coop game on any map, whether the other players have it or not, be it from Workshop or your creation. By the way, the RMG panel It has now been moved to the Missions menu - Scroll down to find it - and it works the same when you choose missions in Coop!

There's also a new map in the "Never See Never Be" mission pack - Fergie returns for some explosive sabotage action, but needs backup and a good plan.

Handy for such a CIA-run operation, the AK74 family carbines now get some interesting ammo choices.
Enlarge Image

Since context is everything, we've also started adding briefing info to the missions, and you awesome mission builder types can do too! Check out first mission pack - FNGs Welcome.

So, just one official map, but our intrepid Workshop-addicted have produced another Workshop Map Collection, great maps that we want to highlight and you should definitely try:
Image KillHouse Games Top Picks (Vol 2)
The changelist for 0.29
Spoiler:
Changelist v0.29
- much improved random mission generator
- can now play random maps in coop
- can now play *any* map in coop (workshop or your creation), clients that don't have them will automatically download
- one new mission added ("Death Dealers" in mission pack "Never See Never Be")
- added support for briefing information in missions
- improved path visuals, making it more obvious where the mouse is placed along the path
- when cycling between paths with TAB, will only cycle through the paths that are currently visible on screen
- added "show in workshop" button for workshop maps
- replays: will remain compatible for a longer time between game versions (make sure to record your favorites though, they will eventually get voided at full release)
- replays: can click on timeline to skip forward/back in time
- can change game resolution without restarting and added Alt+Enter shortcut for toggling between windowed/fullscreen
- corrected default equipment for CIA Undercover (they still had 2x Flashbangs, forgotten in some pocket)
- coop: clients can no longer restart/pick map, only the host can
- coop: using Next Mission allows choosing map even for quick game, not only for custom games
- modding: tweaked map fog. If you have maps on the workshop that use it they might need some adjusting.
- fixed bullets not registering all hits when going through many entities/foliage
- fixed sheet metal door not being locked even though it was shown as locked
- fixed right-click-look-at bug where you would lose control and start drawing instead
- fixed m249 not having a mag
- fixed underground objects blocking FOV
- fixed underground/suspended walls being cut by doors/windows
- fixed CIA Black-Ops not dropping poncho when suppressing
- fixed enemies sometimes going through walls
- editor: added round walls (wip)
- editor: can pan map with arrow keys if nothing is selected
- editor: can pan map via edge-scrolling when in fullscreen
- editor: can select/move single entity from within group
- editor: multiple selection with drag can be added to previous selection while holding shift
- editor: holding SHIFT while placing new objects will auto group them
- editor: added Delete button per-entity, besides the per-group one (allows for deleting entities in a group without ungrouping everything)
- editor: AddTarget is now a per-entity option, instead of per-group
- many other fixes and improvements
- CIA 5.45x39 carbines have no more ammo options, for increased tactical flexibility
- last, but not least, Ukraine flag added to the Level Design objects
jztemple2

Post by jztemple2 »

Another update with new content and some fixes, Arise, Nowherakis! SWAT joins the fight!
The Nowheraki Insurgency is heating up! Fanatical Foreigners have entered the country and take part in the fight against the US-led coalition, but the primary victims of their attacks are the locals.

It is only fitting that local law enforcement and ordinary people take up arms to fight the outsiders. Enter the Nowheraki SWAT - a mix of Police Officers, Army Reservists and Citizen Militia, all united by their hatred of Crazed Jihadis and trust in the AK platform.

SWAT may sound like police, but these boys are ruthless warriors adapted to the realities of Middle East Urban Warfare. They bring light machineguns and grenade launchers to the table - and even Sappers! Only these handle explosives, but they might do it better than the Rangers did.

Oh, and did anyone mention Shields?

Enlarge Image

Shields can help with specific situation and they do block some incoming fire, but never consider them a panacea for poor tactics and weak coordination. They're a tool in the toolbox.

No Urban fight to the death would be complete without Molotov cocktails, so the SWAT people pack those too. Grilling bad guys can be fun, but beware of friendly ... fire.

Enlarge Image

Game and Tactics Improvements go further than a new unit. Mission Designers can now place restricted Deploy Slots in their levels - allowing only High Mobility or High Concealment units to access those spaces.

On the tactics front, Actions and waypoints that are tied to the same Go Code will automatically sync properly. So, troopers will wait for the flashbang thrown by their buddy to detonate, even if no door is involved. Synchronization just got easier!

Full changelist below:
Spoiler:
(CHANGELIST v0.30)
features:
- new unit: Nowheraki SWAT
- 3 new maps - check the new SWAT themed chapter!
- new equipment: ballistic shields
- new equipment: molotov cocktails, just to warm stuff up a little bit
- deploy slots changes: nowheraki militia only takes up half deploy supply, slots with mobility constraint, slots with concealment constraint
- better synchronization for GoCodes
- new enemy: Foreign Advisor Fanatic. Will blow himself up rather than be taken alive.
- new enemy: Suicide Executioner. Blows himself up on top of hostages.
- can pre-plan multiple grenades through the same door (all trajectories are now shown)

fixes:
- equipped weapon is dropped when killed, allowing enemies to pick it up
- improved AI positioning when they can't shoot while moving
- fixed projectiles sometimes going through doors
- fixed grenades sometimes hitting doors/walls instead of pre-planned trajectory
- mapgen: fixed map size setting not choosing the right maps
- mapgen: fixed replays not always working correctly
- fixed performance issues with very large plans (related to grenade previews)
- fixed bug where it was possible to get stuck in a window while jumping
- fixed sometimes not being able to draw paths anymore
- fixed bug where the head and torso would want to walk the opposite way from the legs
- fixed troopers being able to melee enemies behind them
- fixed lasers going through breached walls previews
- coop: fixed issue with look-at actions not working properly in laggy conditions
- fixed Mp5SD too noisy with 108gr High Performance ammo.

modding:
- modding: added blender importer/exporter to tools (WIP)
- modding: added a new mod template (for adding new unit types)
- modding: multiple changes to xml file format, meant to increase inter-operability between mods, by allowing more changes without editing stock files
- modding: can add new units without modifying stock game files (see template mod in game/tools/)
- modding: changed the way equipment is bound to classes/units
- modding: changed the way entities specify what equipment can be used on them
- editor: various improvements and fixes
- health is capped to the max specified in template, if doing negative damage (which increases health)
Oh, there's also a new Workshop Collection for your enjoyment:
ImageHouse Games Top Picks (Vol 3) By: KillHouse Games
More cool, handpicked, maps from the Workshop. Great stuff to play!

jztemple2

Post by jztemple2 »

Heads up, last discount sale before permanent price increase. And a small patch... Last discount before price increase, QOL update, Steam Deck improvements
It's (small) patch day, and start of a week-long 10% discount. This will be the last discount before the game price is permanently increased, as announced in the Early Access manifesto - so it's probably your last chance to get it for this price for quite some time. Previous owners of DK1 will always have a 10% discount, via the 'War on Doors' bundle.

We still have a lot of content to add and improve until the game is fully released, but we feel that in 1.5 years of Early Access the game has progressed immensely and it now deserves a higher price point than DK1.

This update brings a ton of quality-of-life improvements and many needed fixes, while also improving the compatibility with the Steam Deck. There are still improvements to come on that front, not the least of course proper touch-based interface for those inclined to play that way.

Patch out!

Your Devs @ KHG
Patch notes
Spoiler:
changelist v0.32
- hostages auto-run to rescue zones when close enough
- suicide bombs detonate when owner is killed by explosives.
- rebindable keys (wip)
- fixed not being able to re-conceal after escorting a hostage to the rescue zone
- fixed civilians hiding in forbidden areas
- fixed enemies going to take cover in fires
- surrendering enemies now crouch
- enemy SR3M is now (properly) AP vs level III protection
- enemy FALs have increased crit but no longer shoot AP ammo
- nerfed sapper armor slightly
- buffed 7.62x39 weapons slightly
- tweaks, improvements and fixes for several missions
- reduced stutters when playing back replays
- tweaks to foreign advisors, Emir and suicide bombers
- tweaks to SWAT Leader M4/M203 - and added Suppressed option
- the SWAT Leader AK47M SF Carbine now has a proper 3d model
- fixed accuracy issues with projectile launchers (was different from preview)
- fixed crash that would happen when loading maps on some hardware configurations
- fixed several other rare crashes
- fixed coop replays not being recorded properly in some situations
- fixed a few animation glitches when arresting enemies
- fixed enemies reacting to non-deployed troopers
- fixed issue with some optics not being placed properly on the firearm
- fixed a bug with order of execution of waypoints
- fixed a bug where multiple humans waiting for a door+grenade (without gocodes) would not wait properly
- fixed savegame files sometimes becoming read-only and no longer being able to save
- fixed a bug where trooper won't advance after placing a wall charge
- fixed some cases where enemies fail to pick up weapons or act stupid around them
- fixed hostages being stuck inside of collisions
- fixed lightning no longer working as intended
- fixed dropped weapon physics acting crazy
- replay cinematic mode: no longer rendering red ghosts and sniper target
- modding: updated blender exporter
- steam deck: added custom controller configuration
- steam deck: fixed touch input not working properly
- steam deck: fixed virtual keyboard not showing up
- steam deck: allowing a larger zoom-in
jztemple2

Post by jztemple2 »

Good gosh, I forgot to post about the latest update to DK2, QRF Duty and More
Enlarge Image

Hot Summer, scorching heat here as in Nowheraki, what better time to pull Quick-Reaction-Force duty and respond to unforeseen situations! Friendly drone down in enemy territory? Drop in and blow it up. Allied Operators in danger of being overrun? Move to link-up with them and bring them out safely.

There's two new missions to showcase these situations, but mission builders can actually create 3 similar situations on the QRF pattern:
- rescue survivors
- blow up sensitive equipment
- rescue survivors AND blow up sensitive equipment, the full plate

To make mission building easier you can now setup VIP and allied characters as directly in control or needing rescue, straight from the mission editor.

And since we hear night missions are pretty popular, there's also a fresh new NVG-enabling map:
Enlarge Image

The update also brings a ton of quality improvements and, more importantly, new editor features, which enable really interesting possibilities for the future.

As usual, we went through the workshop maps and hand-picked some very creative and well-built maps, made by established creators as well as new blood:
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/ ... 2826761943

Change list for 0.33 update:
Spoiler:
full (or rather, cherry-picked) changelist v0.33
- 4 new maps
- new mission type: Quick Reaction Force
- redesigned in-game tooltips
- improved Random Mission Generator (more variety, less bugs, faster)
- added 'Detailed Mission Results' screen
- improved visuals for UI and fonts when running the game in lower resolutions
- camera will now focus on mission-ending events
- improved enemy ambush and look positions (should no longer shoot at walls when suppressive firing)
- added option to always show sussy areas when playing concealed
- decreased the path collision radius of humans
- audio will now auto-switch to the current output device, without the need of restarting the game
- when dead people drop firearms, they will be dropped with all attachments (used to be only base weapon)
- when humans pick up dropped firearms, they will be picked up with all attachments (used to be only base weapon)
- sorry Santa, your hat got nerfed
- sped up trooper pointing anim
- coop: rescued troops/VIPs will be allowed control to the one that saved them (instead of server-only as before)
- coop: fixed being able to trigger other players' GoCodes
- coop: fixed a crash
- coop: less bandwidth usage
- added put_out_fire animation
- no longer unpausing when pressing the stop suppression button
- HVTs can escape through pre-placed escape zones
- removed the "save plans" option (it's always on now)
- fixed friendly troops sometimes lowering their weapon with no valid reason to do so
- fixed TAB not always toggling correctly between visible paths
- fixed incorrect/different order of actions on saved plans (on doors etc.), especially in coop
- fixed still showing Danger Areas if no concealed troops were deployed
- fixed Sprint auto-stopping when running into VIPs
- fixed savegames becoming corrupted in certain situations
- fixed VIP rescue missions failing when troopers are killed but the ambassador is still controllable
- fixed enemies not picking up dropped weapons once they surrendered
- fixed bug where santa hats would jump over things too fast
- fixed doors icorrectly showing as closed when they were actually opened in some situations
- fixed camera movement speed being fps-dependent
- fixed saved plan allowing you to interact with objects that would spawn in a different place than initially planned for
- fixed a case where you could get stuck on Jump actions
- fixed bug where you could go inside a window
- fixed not being able to set look-at actions (anywhere on the path) when human was jumping
- fixed clothelines blocking FOV
- fixed bug where untoggling Sprint command would not work properly
- fixed crash when AIArea was defined outside of map bounds
- editor: new entity - sfx_custom - can pick any sound to play (from the in-game library) as well as edit any available sound param
- editor: new entity - Spawner - can spawn any entity when triggered. Also added helper tool for groups (can create Spawners for current selection)
- editor: new entity - DamageArea - now the preffered way to destroy/damage things (destroying via Triggers is deprecated)
- editor: new entity - CameraFocusPoint - will zoom/focus on the specified point when triggered
- editor: added new selection mode (can switch between Box(old method) and Center (new method) in Menu->View->Selection mode)
- editor: added option to save a large (clean) image of the entire map
- editor: added option for font size
- editor: added 'deploy mode' option to humans. Can now force-deploy troops as allies on the map (can also change their names and whether they need rescuing or not)
- editor: now able to edit all sound parameters (many of them were previously xml-only)
- editor: can also zoom via Q/E
- editor: spawners/altspawns will have their names changed depending on what they represent, for easier identification while in editor
- editor: added "remove from group" button for a single entity within a group
- editor: tooltip can be changed/added for any entity. For editor-only entities they will be shown while editing, whereas for game objects they will be shown when hovering the object
- editor: added "Invisible Wall Destructible" and "FOV Blocker Destructible" entities
- editor: font file can be changed from fonts.xml (for localization purposes)
- editor: many other various improvements (better performance, added explanatory tooltips, can name triggers and such via tooltips etc)
- modding: new Blender exporter version (make sure you have version 3.1 or above)
- modding: fixed terrain materials/brushes not being moddable
- modding: fixed a bug where localized texts would look broken
Last edited by jztemple2 on Thu Sep 01, 2022 2:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jztemple2

Post by jztemple2 »

A new update for the game, Dushka vs You (and some AMD woes)

We really weren't going to release a patch until end-of-September, but the latest AMD drivers screwed OpenGL games, so emergency release it is! But you also get 3 new maps, and some deadly new threats!

Issues with AMD graphics cards
Have you been experiencing strange artifacts like unreadable text? You are not alone! Starting with driver version 22.7.1, AMD has introduced multiple visual bugs to our game (and all others using OpenGL).

We tackled as much as we could on our side, but for now you should revert to an older driver version (eg 22.5.1), until AMD gets their fix together.
Issues that still remain (and cannot be fixed on our side):
- very bright screen (white-ish) when the game is paused. This one can be fixed by disabling MSAA
- broken in-game UI (like paths) for night missions when the NVG effect is enabled
- bad performance
- longer game load time
- possible crashes

Enemies can now man the DShK Heavy Machine Gun
You know those cool MGs that were placed throughout the levels, but the enemy never touched? Now they can and they will. They are very deadly and your armor is no good against them. Luckily, they're not very accurate nor quick to turn. And in the future you'll get to man them yourself.

RMG Factions
The Mission Generator has received many upgrades and improvements. Among those "under the hood" changes, it now chooses among several enemy factions to populate houses with. You might get just random Insurgents as before, or Low level cannon fodder, Forbidden Tree fanatics, Blackhead Elites and even the armored Private Security! And you might even meet some new guys here and there ;)

It's not all Random maps, though - 3 handcrafted have been added. Two of them are small and violent delights, but the last one is a meaty Extreme Rescue - your typical Single Planner Course - a large building with hallways, hostages and hotspots.

Last, but not least, our intrepid workshop mice have dug through the content and made a new collection.
Changelist for v0.34:
Spoiler:
Changelist for v0.34:
- 3 new maps (find them in Give No Quarter, Tiny Troubles 2, Extreme Rescues 2)
- made DsHk machineguns usable by enemies and replaced in most levels where appropriate
- greatly improved the random mission generator algorithms and tile set
- added enemy groups to the Generator. Now you don't always fight the same Jihadis.
- added "Play random workshop map" option
- workaround for multiple bugs introduced by latest AMD video drivers
- fixed game sometimes not saving progress
- many other improvements and fixes to UI and gameplay
- many fixes for existing maps
- coop: the "friends only" option can now be unchecked, allowing you to host custom maps
- modding: updated Blender plugin
- modding: fixed not being able to mod editor fonts
- modding: added new Editor objects and prefabs
jztemple2

Post by jztemple2 »

After a couple of months not playing DK2 I fired it up and did a few randomly generated missions. This one was especially interesting as I used a CIA Squad and attempted an unusual approach. Sorry for the slow tempo, I was being careful :wink:. For those who care, the random generation code was 0x4973E923

jztemple2

Post by jztemple2 »

And one more random mission. Thankfully this one is only 48 seconds :wink: . I think it is interesting in that I used a CIA squad again with only three members and still managed to get one of them killed while he reloaded his pistol. Code is 0x6B1FC3FF

jztemple2

Post by jztemple2 »

And a final randomly generated mission for the night. It's a medium(?) sized building with an outside yard which provides some interesting alternative entrances. It's a tango elimination mission so no need to be stingy with grenades! Code 0xEF978C9F

jztemple2

Post by jztemple2 »

Another feature that was added in the last update which I forgot to mention was that in-game you can play a Random Workshop Map. Since there are over 4400(!) maps now in the Workshop that's a lot of content for your contentment :wink:. Also, when you select a random map, it gets added to this category (Steam Workshop Missions) so you can rate it, comment on it or even add it as a favorite.

jztemple2

Post by jztemple2 »

Door Kickers 2 replay of Workshop mission "Fire work 1 The coolest one"

jztemple2

Post by jztemple2 »

Door Kickers 2, replay of community map "21st Century Penniless Man Y955Y". This is a rather odd map, very tough, but interesting. What you see in the replay is my umpteenth attempt at the map. It isn't unbeatable, but it requires a lot of learning to beat it.

Workshop location: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2606290799