COVID-19 treatment and vaccine update thread

Everything else!

Moderators: Bakhtosh, EvilHomer3k

ImLawBoy
Forum Admin

Re: COVID-19 treatment and vaccine update thread

Post by ImLawBoy »

Zaxxon wrote: Wed Jan 18, 2023 4:52 pm Smoove wouldn't like my answer, so I won't say it.
I want to give exercising with a mask a fair shake. I know it works for some.
That's my purse! I don't know you!
Zaxxon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zaxxon »

ImLawBoy wrote: Wed Jan 18, 2023 5:14 pm
Zaxxon wrote: Wed Jan 18, 2023 4:52 pm Smoove wouldn't like my answer, so I won't say it.
Absolutely.
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

Max Peck wrote: Wed Jan 18, 2023 4:51 pm
LordMortis wrote: Wed Jan 18, 2023 4:24 pm I am under the impression that snug cotton three layer masks are supposed to be pretty good comparatively. Of course data changes and changes and I'm too lazy to keep up. Internet says...

https://www.epa.gov/sciencematters/epa- ... t-covid-19
I was going to say that 3-layer cotton masks are so 2021, and sure enough that article is from spring 2021. :lol:

I don't know if there are good respirator options that will actually provide a useful level of filtration with a good fit, while standing up to a lot of moisture and having good breathability. My personal preference is to exercise at home (treadmill, stationary bike, weights, etc) so that I don't need to worry about masking, so I've never really looked into it. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
It's the EPA, so that's what I chose as a link. Everything else on the front page in google was from 2020.

That said, I concur with your implication. If I were comfortable enough to do heavy breathing around strangers and have them heavy breathing around me, then I'd be comfortable enough to not to care about the quality of mask I wear. In related news, I hollowed out part of my living space so I can youtube led calisthenics for people who have been a long time without any exercise more than walking.

I hope to get a gently used stationary bike post new years resolution stationary bike from good will sometime in the not too distant future. Then I can do cartoon watching while on a bike.
Last edited by LordMortis on Wed Jan 18, 2023 5:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kraken

Post by Kraken »

Finally got my bivalent booster today, 3 months after my most recent covid recovery. Also got a pneumonia vaccine while I was at it. I don't think I've ever had one of those before.
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

Kraken wrote: Wed Jan 18, 2023 5:18 pm Also got a pneumonia vaccine while I was at it. I don't think I've ever had one of those before.
I get them every few years when PCP says I ought to. Been doing this since I went down hard with Pertussis, I think. The one I haven't yet received is the shingles. CVS and the local public health seem to be pushing this vaccine, so I asked my PCP and he shrugged it off, so at least that's one thing I seem to be escaping better living through chemistry on with my 9 meds every morning and once every 8 weeks infusion.
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

Zaxxon wrote: Wed Jan 18, 2023 5:15 pm
ImLawBoy wrote: Wed Jan 18, 2023 5:14 pm
Absolutely.
Am I that predicable? :)

I had to wear an n95 during a cardiac stress test back in 2021. That was...not fun.

Anyway, if I were so inclined to join a gym at this time, I'd want to know a few things. Mainly how big is the space and what is the ventilation like? Are they keeping doors open and pulling in fresh air with giant fans (old school) or did they upgrade / verify HVAC function? All things equal, gyms that are in "warehouse" style spaces (vaulted ceilings) should in theory be better than a gym that's just sprawled out over a single floor.

For a mask, I'd wear an n95 - something that you feel is comfortable and works with your face/head. I know people love the 3M Aura n95s, but they don't really fit me well. Instead, I find the Gerson n95 work better and to me they feel like you're wearing nothing at all (insert Flanders .gif here).

I think if you're just going in for weight lifting and perhaps walking on treadmills at a moderate pace, an n95 would be fine. If you're looking to really do more intense cardio the n95 would still work but it's going to be awful.

Is that helpful?
Maybe next year, maybe no go
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

Kraken wrote: Wed Jan 18, 2023 5:18 pm Also got a pneumonia vaccine while I was at it. I don't think I've ever had one of those before.
Pneumococcal pneumonia vaccines are recommended for adults age 65+, generally speaking. Depending on what flavor they gave you, there's a possibility of another one next year.
ImLawBoy
Forum Admin

Post by ImLawBoy »

Smoove_B wrote: Wed Jan 18, 2023 5:27 pm Is that helpful?
It's all helpful, but I'm specifically wondering if there is any value in any of the masks that are advertised as good for exercise. Do they provide any value, particularly if they include inserts (and fit well, of course), or is it just the same old cloth mask problem with an Adidas or Under Armour logo?

I'm not excited about the prospect of joining a gym, but given the failure rate of my body these days and the fact that I want to be alive to forbid my kids from attending Ohio State, along with the non-feasibility of doing real exercise at home at this time, I'm strongly considering it.
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

Ah. I don't run in circles that advertise masks specifically for exercise. :)

It's probably because I wouldn't be wearing anything other than an n95 at this time so looking into "exercise masks" never crossed my radar. I just did a quick search and I'm honestly surprised - I really didn't know anyone was marketing/selling exercise masks in 2023, but they absolutely are.

Anyway, even with inserts / filters / extra layers they're not going to work like an n95 - the secret really is in those head straps (not just over your ears). The exercise masks are going to let you wash them and they're going to wick away your sweat, but in terms of reducing risk? I'm not sure the benefit is there. To be fair, they're going to be better than raw-dogging gym air, but if I was going to wear a mask in a gym it would be an n95.

Anything I can do to help keep your kids out of OHIO, I will.
Last edited by Smoove_B on Wed Jan 18, 2023 5:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kraken

Post by Kraken »

LordMortis wrote: Wed Jan 18, 2023 5:22 pm The one I haven't yet received is the shingles. CVS and the local public health seem to be pushing this vaccine, so I asked my PCP and he shrugged it off, so at least that's one thing I seem to be escaping better living through chemistry on with my 9 meds every morning and once every 8 weeks infusion.
If you ever had chicken pox, that virus is lying dormant in your body, just waiting to give you shingles. If you didn't have the pox you're probably fine without Shingrix.
Smoove_B wrote: Wed Jan 18, 2023 5:31 pm
Pneumococcal pneumonia vaccines are recommended for adults age 65+, generally speaking. Depending on what flavor they gave you, there's a possibility of another one next year.
Yup, the pharmacist told me to get boosted in a year.
coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

ImLawBoy wrote: Wed Jan 18, 2023 3:50 pm So I'm considering joining a gym/fitness club of some sort.
Home gym? If you have room for it (and money, lots of money), I would recommend you check out Tonal. It gamifies fitness, which works for me, but certainly isn't for everyone.Given what I recall of your family risk factors, it's worth a look.
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
The Meal

Post by The Meal »

Have lots of use for these Airgami masks and would think they'd hold up well to sweat. Not the cheapest thing on the market, but likely the best I've used that'd be appropriate for sweating next to other heavy-breathers. Also more effective than KN95's and can be made to fit really really well.
"Better to talk to people than communicate via tweet." — Elontra
Zaxxon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zaxxon »

coopasonic wrote: Wed Jan 18, 2023 6:45 pm
ImLawBoy wrote: Wed Jan 18, 2023 3:50 pm So I'm considering joining a gym/fitness club of some sort.
Home gym? If you have room for it (and money, lots of money), I would recommend you check out Tonal. It gamifies fitness, which works for me, but certainly isn't for everyone.Given what I recall of your family risk factors, it's worth a look.
We've actually been considering one of these. Any drawbacks other than the permanent nature and cost? Referral link or anything like that?
em2nought

Post by em2nought »

I'm not sure I plan to ever physically exert myself again. :think:
Technically, he shouldn't be here.
coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

Zaxxon wrote: Wed Jan 18, 2023 7:24 pm
We've actually been considering one of these. Any drawbacks other than the permanent nature and cost? Referral link or anything like that?
Referrals aren't currently available as they are working on relaunching them. No idea what they are planning. It was a small credit at their overpriced shop before.

Not really drawbacks, as long as you have a place for it. Don't underestimate the space you need. They say 7'x7' which will be enough if you are 4 feet tall. 8x8 would be better giving you more flexibility (the distance perpendicular to the wall is more important in my experience). It also has some pretty specific mounting requirements so even in my 3800sf open floor plan house we had to move things around to make a space for it. If you care about social stuff like sharing workouts and connecting with friends, only the main account (first one) gets the socials.
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
Zaxxon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zaxxon »

Thanks.
gbasden

Post by gbasden »

Smoove_B wrote: Wed Jan 18, 2023 5:27 pm
For a mask, I'd wear an n95 - something that you feel is comfortable and works with your face/head. I know people love the 3M Aura n95s, but they don't really fit me well. Instead, I find the Gerson n95 work better and to me they feel like you're wearing nothing at all (insert Flanders .gif here).
Do you know what relative sizing is for those? I have an enormous melon head, and I'm having trouble finding N95s that fit properly over my nose that also aren't cutting into my chin. I'm not getting a lot of luck searching for extra large masks.
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

As someone else with a giant head, I completely sympathize. For me, nothing fits better than the BOTN XL, but right behind that is the Gerson. The downside to the BOTN is that they're KF94 so I use a small plastic "S" hook to bring one of the double-ear straps behind my head and tighten it down to my face for a tighter seal. I'm typically wearing a mask for ~4 hours at a clip; I'm not sure if I could tolerate the "S" hook method for a full day as it puts additional pressure on the one set of ear loops that are left.

I can put together a Smoove_B sampler pack if you'd like and USPS a few of these along if you'd like to try any? :) The Gersons are the hardest to get in small quantities; the box I purchased had 50. The 3M Aura's really are fantastic, but the just don't fit me quite right.

Finding a mask to fit head + face shape is not easy, that's for sure.
gbasden

Post by gbasden »

Smoove_B wrote: Wed Jan 18, 2023 9:52 pm As someone else with a giant head, I completely sympathize. For me, nothing fits better than the BOTN XL, but right behind that is the Gerson. The downside to the BOTN is that they're KF94 so I use a small plastic "S" hook to bring one of the double-ear straps behind my head and tighten it down to my face for a tighter seal. I'm typically wearing a mask for ~4 hours at a clip; I'm not sure if I could tolerate the "S" hook method for a full day as it puts additional pressure on the one set of ear loops that are left.

I can put together a Smoove_B sampler pack if you'd like and USPS a few of these along if you'd like to try any? :) The Gersons are the hardest to get in small quantities; the box I purchased had 50. The 3M Aura's really are fantastic, but the just don't fit me quite right.

If you would be willing to do that I would be more than happy to reimburse you! I've bought a number of uncomfortable N95s now and I'd love to try without having another box of 50 I find uncomfortable to wear. Thank you very much!
hitbyambulance

Post by hitbyambulance »

gbasden wrote: Wed Jan 18, 2023 9:54 pm
Smoove_B wrote: Wed Jan 18, 2023 9:52 pm As someone else with a giant head, I completely sympathize. For me, nothing fits better than the BOTN XL, but right behind that is the Gerson. The downside to the BOTN is that they're KF94 so I use a small plastic "S" hook to bring one of the double-ear straps behind my head and tighten it down to my face for a tighter seal. I'm typically wearing a mask for ~4 hours at a clip; I'm not sure if I could tolerate the "S" hook method for a full day as it puts additional pressure on the one set of ear loops that are left.

If you would be willing to do that I would be more than happy to reimburse you! I've bought a number of uncomfortable N95s now and I'd love to try without having another box of 50 I find uncomfortable to wear. Thank you very much!
and i would be interested as well. i'm currently on unemployment and i have been just reusing the same basic N95s over and over and over and over and...
ImLawBoy
Forum Admin

Post by ImLawBoy »

Unfortunately we don't have a good place for something like that. Main floor is pretty roomified and not open floor (which was actually a selling point for us), so there are no big spaces there. Our main bedroom upstairs has a sloped ceiling, which greatly limits space. The basement has lots of room (it's where my wife exercises), but being a typical Chicago basement and me being 6'4" means I already have to duck in some areas to avoid hitting my head on the ceiling.
The Meal wrote: Wed Jan 18, 2023 7:12 pm Have lots of use for these Airgami masks and would think they'd hold up well to sweat. Not the cheapest thing on the market, but likely the best I've used that'd be appropriate for sweating next to other heavy-breathers. Also more effective than KN95's and can be made to fit really really well.
Those look interesting. Thanks for the heads up.
Sudy

Post by Sudy »

Thought I'd update this thread with my first COVID experience for science.

Firstly, I'm thankful that my wife and I had no complications and are very much on the mend. The doctor's office wouldn't prescribe her paxlovid despite her comorbidities as they (by nurse's phone consult) didn't consider her symptoms severe enough. I was frustrated by this initially, but it seems like they made the right call.

- Mrs. Nym tested positive via home antigen test on her third day of symptoms (first test). I tested negative on my first and third day of symptoms, but finally tested positive on the sixth day when my symptoms spiked. I'm guessing this was Kraken/XBB.1.5 but cannot verify.

- For the first five days I would rate my discomfort as 1-4/10, similar to a mild cold. Days six-to-nine were 6-8/10 and resembled a severe cold or moderate flu. Since then, now sixteen days in, discomfort has persisted at 2-4/10 declining and is what I'd expect from a cold/flu of this intensity.

- At worst, I would rate fatigue, aches, and sore throat as severe. Fever and headache, moderate+. It was one of the worst sore throats I can remember. Each swallow was anguish and sleep was almost impossible for about two days. I spent hours hunched over a personal humidifier sipping tea, sucking on lozenges, and applying compresses but little helped. I couldn't acquire any throat spray as everyone was sold out. (There's an extreme cold & flu medication shortage in Canada; not sure if it's the same elsewhere.) I popped Sinutab Sinus & Allergy constantly (acetaminophen, pseudoephedrine, chlorpheniramine maleate), often alongside naproxen. I'm not totally sure how much they helped, but I wasn't taking any chances.

- Cough, chest congestion, nasal/ear congestion, and nausea were surprisingly moderate. Runny nose is usually one of my most hated cold symptoms, but I was able to lessen its effects by learning the exhale/hold breath trick. It works! My goodness it works. Sometimes it didn't help for long, but it's the only sinus-clearing solution that's ever worked for me, and I can't believe it took me almost forty years to discover it.

- For about the last week lingering minor symptoms have been dizziness, moderate cough & chest congestion, and intermittent sweats while sleeping and any time I exert myself. My gums and teeth hurt; I have no idea what that's about. My hygiene suffered while I was sick, but I don't think that explains it. I read COVID can make you susceptible to secondary infection, perhaps that's what it is.

All in all, I've had worse experiences with the flu. Thank you to all who offered advice! I'm extremely grateful.

Edit: I got some N95s but they don't fit over my damn chin.

I saw a commercial on late night TV. It said, "Forget everything you know about slipcovers." So I did. And it was a load off my mind. Then the commercial tried to sell me slipcovers, and I didn't know what the hell they were. -- Mitch Hedberg
Jaymon

Post by Jaymon »

Me and the Mrs got sick. We don't know what it was. Covid home test said negative, but I have been having less and less faith in those. I had tightness in the chest, and some trouble breathing, and joint soreness. Mrs had lots of coughing. So much coughing. Lasted 3 or 4 days. We both had our flu shots, and also bivalent covid booster less than 2 months ago.

I'm thinking we need a new word. Fluvid, or Coflu, or something. because this year especially, you get sick, you don't know what it is because all the symptoms are all jumbled up, and there is no sense in going to a doctor unless you are dying.

Its just stay home, eat soup, drink juice, and watch neflix until it goes away.
Bunnies like beer because its made from hops.
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

Jaymon wrote: Tue Jan 24, 2023 4:56 pm I'm thinking we need a new word. Fluvid, or Coflu, or something. because this year especially, you get sick, you don't know what it is because all the symptoms are all jumbled up, and there is no sense in going to a doctor unless you are dying.
Anecdotally I've been hearing more and more that the at-home rapid tests aren't picking up infections until 5+ days into the illness. Still not sure about whether they work better now when you add throat/cheek swabbing (before nose) as well.
Jaymon

Post by Jaymon »

I honestly don't know what I would have done different if the test had shown positive. We did the same thing this time we have been for the last couple years. At the first sign of sniffles, we seal ourselves inside until its all over. My family is in the fortunate position to be able to do that. I know that not everyone can, so I am grateful.
Bunnies like beer because its made from hops.
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

FDA advisers approve once a year vaccination strategy:
The Food and Drug Administration asked its scientific advisers Thursday to help lay the groundwork for switching to once-a-year boosters for most Americans — and how and when to periodically update the shots’ recipe.

And people are tired of getting vaccinated. While more than 80% of the U.S. population has had at least one COVID-19 shot, only 16% of those eligible for the latest boosters — so-called bivalent doses updated to better match more recent virus strains — have gotten one.

The first step: The FDA advisory panel voted unanimously that people should get the same vaccine formula whether they’re receiving their initial vaccinations or a booster. Today, Americans get one formula based on the original coronavirus strain that emerged in 2020 for their first two or three doses — and their latest booster is a combination shot made by Pfizer or Moderna that adds omicron protection.

The FDA would have to decide how to phase in that change.
Ok, but who?
Looking ahead, the FDA said most Americans should do fine if they get a once-a-year booster targeted to the newest variants in the fall. The agency asked if some people might need two doses -- adults with weakened immune systems and very young children who’ve never been previously vaccinated. That’s similar to how youngsters get their first-ever flu vaccination.

But more data is needed to show exactly who might need two yearly doses — such as a careful count of who still gets hospitalized with COVID-19 despite being up-to-date with today’s vaccinations, Offit said.

“Only then can we really best make the decision about who gets vaccinated with what and when,” he said.

Nor is it clear that younger, healthier people would need a COVID-19 booster every year.
And what time of year?
Fall might not even be the best time to boost, something that would depend on when infections start rising and how long a booster’s protection might last, said FDA adviser Dr. Arthur Reingold of the University of California, Berkeley.

Unlike flu which in the U.S. circulates mostly during late fall and winter, COVID-19 waves have occurred year-round.
pr0ner

Post by pr0ner »

Sign me up for getting a Covid shot annually with my flu shot.
Hodor.
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

/Mal speechless
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

Smoove_B wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 12:30 pm ...snip guidance of nonguidance....
As someone who is immunosuppressed, does that mean I should seek a doctor recommendation on a semiannual shot or do I just assume I go to CVS? I ask because I'm about a month away from worry about my scheduled maintenance window. Will we have a clear answer to "But who" by late February?
Zaxxon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zaxxon »

pr0ner wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 12:40 pm Sign me up for getting a Covid shot annually with my flu shot.
+1.
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

LordMortis wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 12:44 pm
Smoove_B wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 12:30 pm ...snip guidance of nonguidance....
As someone who is immunosuppressed, does that mean I should seek a doctor recommendation on a semiannual shot or do I just assume I go to CVS? I ask because I'm about a month away from worry about my scheduled maintenance window. Will we have a clear answer to "But who" by late February?
I think it's pretty clear no one gives a f about the immunocompromised or people with chronic conditions, so sadly I'm not really sure what's going to happen here.

More seriously, it might be something that requires a doctor to authorize, yes. I haven't seen anything like that yet being floated, so I don't really know. To no one's surprise, I'll keep watching and post anything I see. :)
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

Edit: reply to Zax and pr0ner

Not me, I would prefer to boost before trending heights of local spread (Late Feb and Late August before March and September craziness). I get my flu shot when my PCP asks and my PCP is not going to choose best timing shots for his entire practice. I will accept his guidance on such matters though, assuming he gets guidance to give.
Zaxxon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zaxxon »

LordMortis wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 12:53 pm Edit: reply to Zax and pr0ner

Not me, I would prefer to boost before trending heights of local spread (Late Feb and Late August before March and September craziness). I get my flu shot when my PCP asks and my PCP is not going to choose best timing shots for his entire practice. I will accept his guidance on such matters though, assuming he gets guidance to give.
As I think I mentioned earlier, I'd prefer 2x/year right now, too. But it appears that's not happening, so I'll take it along with the flu shot, since that's the only option likely to be available.

Also, you know you don't need to time your flu shot with your PCP, right? I go to a local pharmacy whenever the time is right (based on that year's flu outlook).
stessier

Post by stessier »

Zaxxon wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 1:04 pm
LordMortis wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 12:53 pm Edit: reply to Zax and pr0ner

As I think I mentioned earlier, I'd prefer 2x/year right now, too. But it appears that's not happening, so I'll take it along with the flu shot, since that's the only option likely to be available.

Also, you know you don't need to time your flu shot with your PCP, right? I go to a local pharmacy whenever the time is right (based on that year's flu outlook).
+1 to all Zax said except I get my flu shot at work.
I require a reminder as to why raining arcane destruction is not an appropriate response to all of life's indignities. - Vaarsuvius
Global Steam Wishmaslist Tracking
Running____2014: 1300.55 miles____2015: 2036.13 miles____2016: 1012.75 miles____2017: 1105.82 miles____2018: 1318.91 miles__2019: 2000.00 miles
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

Zaxxon wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 1:04 pm Also, you know you don't need to time your flu shot with your PCP, right? I go to a local pharmacy whenever the time is right (based on that year's flu outlook).
I know but my PCP knows my needs better than I do. He does not always recommend the flu shot and he does other vaccines as well. As example, I get pneumonia shot on whatever schedule/recommendation he has set up. The pharmacy is always going to be push the flu shot. They never bother checking my insurance company or PCP, they just have what is essentially a greeting "would you like to get your flu shot today?"
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

I'm having a hard time imagining a situation where a PCP wouldn't recommend a flu shot. Prior to 2010? Sure, maybe. Granted I'm not in the practice of counseling individuals, but my eyebrow always goes up when someone tells me their doctor does not advise them to get an annual flu shot.
Zaxxon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zaxxon »

LordMortis wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 1:13 pm
Zaxxon wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 1:04 pm Also, you know you don't need to time your flu shot with your PCP, right? I go to a local pharmacy whenever the time is right (based on that year's flu outlook).
I know but my PCP knows my needs better than I do. He does not always recommend the flu shot and he does other vaccines as well. As example, I get pneumonia shot on whatever schedule/recommendation he has set up. The pharmacy is always going to be push the flu shot. They never bother checking my insurance company or PCP, they just have what is essentially a greeting "would you like to get your flu shot today?"
I'd be interested to hear more about why the flu shot would not be recommended annually to an immunocompromised person. That would be news to me (which doesn't surprise me, but I'm intrigued!)
Zaxxon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zaxxon »

Smoove_B wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 1:17 pm I'm having a hard time imagining a situation where a PCP wouldn't recommend a flu shot. Prior to 2010? Sure, maybe. Granted I'm not in the practice of counseling individuals, but my eyebrow always goes up when someone tells me their doctor does not advise them to get an annual flu shot.
Lol, beat me to it. And now I feel better.
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

Smoove_B wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 1:17 pm I'm having a hard time imagining a situation where a PCP wouldn't recommend a flu shot. Prior to 2010? Sure, maybe. Granted I'm not in the practice of counseling individuals, but my eyebrow always goes up when someone tells me their doctor does not advise them to get an annual flu shot.
It probably stems from my original hesitancy when I moved to his private practice from the University of Michigan's production line clinic for my "PCP." I got sick when I got the flu shot every year and the year I came down with pertussis after a flu shot, that was the end for me (2008?) until I switched to private practice and didn't have to worry 100s of people a day often coming in suck cross contaminate the lobby and waiting rooms before asking to temporarily weaken my immune system.

I rarely question him and work on his schedule for whatever he tells me to do. The only things I've ever questioned him/not followed up on were the endless referrals I get and when they wanted to start over on liver fat testing with the original blood test after having that same test done twice and having gone in for a ultrasound and hitting about $800 out of pocket for the same inconclusive concerns.
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

How's this for timing - the CDC just published (today) an informational guide for immunocompromised people, here:

It is important that persons who are moderately to severely immunocompromised,* those who might have an inadequate immune response to COVID-19 vaccination, and those with contraindications to receipt of COVID-19 vaccines, exercise caution and recognize the need for additional preventive measures (Box). In addition, persons should have a care plan that includes prompt testing at the onset of COVID-19 symptoms and rapid access to antivirals if SARS-CoV-2 infection is detected.
Well, that's...something. Basically - you're on your own. Here's some info you might find helpful in your solo journey.