Why does silicone plastic hate me?

For general computer discussion & help, come here

Moderators: Bakhtosh, EvilHomer3k

Kasey Chang

Why does silicone plastic hate me?

Post by Kasey Chang »

I'm not sure if it's my body chemistry or plastics in general, but I have NOT had much luck with "rubbery" silicone plastics.

Recently I acquired a set of Klipsch R6 neckband headphones, to supplement my MPOW Jaws neckband headphone. It was off woot, new B-stock for a very reasonable price: $26, which was about what I pay for the MPOW one.

The R6 worked great for 2 weeks. On the third week, i started to notice the "rubbery" covering of the button panel started to curl up, instead of laying flat like it should. I'll add some photos later. This, when combined with its "loose" ear buds (no magnet docking or retractable or anything, not even magnets to lock them together so they don't flop) makes it a bit... inconvenient. FWIW, the buttons still work.

And this wasn't the first "rubber" that went completely wonky on me. I had one of those Otterbox defender cases. It is composed of a hard plastic shell, upper and lower, with inner shock-cushion foam, then an outer rubbery-silicone-y stretch shell over the hard shell. After a few weeks, the rubber shell will not stay in shape, becomes permanently distended and not stretch tight over the hard shell, rendering the whole thing pretty useless.

Any idea what's going on?
My game FAQs | Playing: She Will Punish Them, Sunrider: Mask of Arcadius, The Outer Worlds
Daehawk

Re: Why does silicone plastic hate me?

Post by Daehawk »

Take any medications?
--------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.
I guess Ray Butts has ate his last pancake.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/daehawk
"Has high IQ. Refuses to apply it"
Kasey Chang

Re: Why does silicone plastic hate me?

Post by Kasey Chang »

Daehawk wrote: Wed Sep 23, 2020 12:39 pm Take any medications?
Hi blood pressure, diabetes, analgesic, nothing really special that would cause this, other than "oily skin".
My game FAQs | Playing: She Will Punish Them, Sunrider: Mask of Arcadius, The Outer Worlds