Whatcha smokin'?

Everything else!

Moderators: Bakhtosh, EvilHomer3k

Sudy

Re: Whatcha smokin'?

Post by Sudy »

(Unfilled) pre-rolled cones should be sufficient right? I figured that would be a good compromise. And an inexpensive grinder. I'd like to try smoking a couple different strains, but OCS has very little that's sold by the gram, and I don't have anyone to share this with at the moment. Sampling at 3.5g is a little pricey for me. ($20-$70 CAD for that quantity, and I don't want to try only one strain.) There's quite a few options for pre-rolls, but like you Z-Corn, the the internet seems to disdain them.

I really don't like the idea of smoking, but I don't mind trying it for the experience. Vaping dry herb has too high of a start-up cost, and the quality of oil vaping options available here leaves something to be desired. But I still suspect the latter is what I'd stick with short term unless smoking blows my mind.

On now my third our fourth try, I think I can gauge how not to go overboard with the oil vape. I'm still trying to find something I enjoy doing in this state however. It doesn't make most things worse unless I'm needing to be clearly productive or multi-task. But I'm not having synesthetic experiences listening to early-70s hard rock or anything, either. Does it reduce anxiety/help me relax (presuming I haven't taken too much)? I guess so... I haven't really thought about it. I mean it's definitely hard to focus on or worry about more than one thing at once. (And I drop words everywhere when typing... subconscious self-editing it much harder.) My thoughts and responses are delayed, but I wouldn't consider that a positive. Still an interesting experience though, and I'm certainly curious how it varies with the so-called entourage effect of flower or better oil.

Similar to alcohol, I find cannabis inebriation just makes me more me, and loosens the lid on a few personality traits, for better and worse. Getting drunk is largely one-note compared to this though... this effects you on multiple fronts, often not linearly or consistently.

I saw a commercial on late night TV. It said, "Forget everything you know about slipcovers." So I did. And it was a load off my mind. Then the commercial tried to sell me slipcovers, and I didn't know what the hell they were. -- Mitch Hedberg
Alefroth

Post by Alefroth »

For smoking flower, I'd look for a small bubbler. It's a pipe with a water reservoir that you draw the smoke through. Like a bong, but not as elaborate. Personally, I think rolling a J for one person is wasteful, since if you don't finish, it's not nearly as good the next go around.
Z-Corn

Post by Z-Corn »

A pre rolled cone would be fine, just make sure you grind the bud evenly and pack the cone tight...but not too tight. If the cones don't come with a packing tool use a chopstick or something like that.

I forgot you can't get every strain in one gram weights.
Sudy

Post by Sudy »

Alefroth wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 1:30 pm For smoking flower, I'd look for a small bubbler. It's a pipe with a water reservoir that you draw the smoke through. Like a bong, but not as elaborate. Personally, I think rolling a J for one person is wasteful, since if you don't finish, it's not nearly as good the next go around.
The cheapest one available to me is this. I don't mind the cost ($22 CAD) so much, and appreciate that the method and portioning may be better. But if I'm just doing this to try it, I admit I'd like the experience of smoking it.

I'm presuming I might be able to cut/tear off the end of the cone before filling it if I want a smaller joint, but that sounds a bit messy.
Last edited by Sudy on Sun May 09, 2021 8:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

I saw a commercial on late night TV. It said, "Forget everything you know about slipcovers." So I did. And it was a load off my mind. Then the commercial tried to sell me slipcovers, and I didn't know what the hell they were. -- Mitch Hedberg
Alefroth

Post by Alefroth »

Sudy wrote: Sun May 09, 2021 10:39 am
Alefroth wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 1:30 pm For smoking flower, I'd look for a small bubbler. It's a pipe with a water reservoir that you draw the smoke through. Like a bong, but not as elaborate. Personally, I think rolling a J for one person is wasteful, since if you don't finish, it's not nearly as good the next go around.
The cheapest one available to me is [url=https://ocs.ca/products/handheld-straight-bong-famous-x]this[/u]. I don't mind the cost ($22 CAD) so much, and appreciate that the method and portioning may be better. But if I'm just doing this to try it, I admit I'd like the experience of smoking it.

I'm presuming I might be able to cut/tear off the end of the cone before filling it if I want a smaller joint, but that sounds a bit messy.
That one would definitely do the trick.
But if I'm just doing this to try it, I admit I'd like the experience of smoking it.
Not sure I understand this. It's definitely smoking it, it just cools the smoke and filters out some combustion by-products.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

I used to have a SneakAtokE when I was a teenager in the 80s. But Ive always made my own bongs from coke cans or toilet paper rolls and paper towel rolls. Had a friend in the 80s had a nice glass bong. Used to fill it with either icewater or ice and whiskey. I looked online last year when I was trying cbd and big glass bongs are damn expensive.

Im not bothering with anything unless I can get the real weed. cbd does nothing for me and my aches and pains and mental or sleep.
--------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.
I guess Ray Butts has ate his last pancake.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/daehawk
"Has high IQ. Refuses to apply it"
Jaymann

Post by Jaymann »

I remember the days of hacking down a big piece of bamboo, and inserting a smaller piece into it for a classic jungle bong. Good times.
Jaymann
]==(:::::::::::::>
Black Lives Matter
Kraken

Post by Kraken »

We used to make disposable pipes out of apples. You used a knife to carve out a small bowl, then a pencil to drive a shaft to the center and another shaft to meet it at 90 degrees to smoke from. Put aluminum foil with holes punched in the "bowl" to act as a screen. It lasted a few hours and tasted great.
Z-Corn

Post by Z-Corn »

Among my crowd we always wore a safety pin on the laces of our Docs to be able to bust out a can pipe at any needed moment.

It didn't matter, root beer, orange or lemon and lime. I was the Can Pipe Man.

Sudy

Post by Sudy »

Alefroth wrote: Sun May 09, 2021 2:38 pm
Sudy wrote:But if I'm just doing this to try it, I admit I'd like the experience of smoking it.
Not sure I understand this. It's definitely smoking it, it just cools the smoke and filters out some combustion by-products.
Sorry, I may or may not have been under the influence when I wrote that post. What I was trying to get across is that I don't see a future for myself smoking. If I'm going to try it, joints are more appealing to me.

Z-Corn

Post by Z-Corn »

Trying out this new batch of Peanut Butter Breath. After it is ground and rolled in a .75 gram joint it smells like lime. After igniting and exhaling, I'm serious, it tastes like roasted peanuts. It's like eating pad thai...

My wife ran upstairs to use the bathroom. She called down, "Hey, can you hand me up a phillips? I want to tighten up the toilet seat."

Two minutes later she called down, "Hey, can I trade you this screwdriver for the bottle of Windex under the sink and two paper towels? I need to wipe down the bathroom mirror."

This batch seems to be particularly sativa leaning.
Sudy

Post by Sudy »

I really wish I lived in your reality where weed motivates me to do housework.

Holman

Post by Holman »

Sudy wrote: Sat May 22, 2021 7:22 pm I really wish I lived in your reality where weed motivates me to do housework.
Z-Corn appears to live in a reality where his smoking weed motivates his wife to do housework.
Much prefer my Nazis Nuremberged.
Kraken

Post by Kraken »

I finally made a trip into the city to buy some overpriced weed from NETA last week. I bought four 1/8s of varieties that can be seen here: Mint Choc Chip x Grease Monkey, Citral OG Haze, GSC, and Silver Sunshine (which is either off the menu already or only visible on the medical menu).

GSC has a nice flavor. The buzz was unremarkable until I got up and moved around, whereupon I realized that I had lost 100 lbs and was floating. Their description says
GSC is known for its irresistible sweet aroma and its prefectly balanced effects.

Effects may include:

- Full Body Relaxation
- Stress and Pain reduction
- Sedating Effect
- Mood Elevation
Citral Haze has a sweet orange flavor and delivers what I call a "normal high," meaning a mind buzz much like my homegrown, but more concentrated. Their description says:
Citral OG Haze has a sweet citrus smell and tends to induce cerebrally-focused psychoactivity. Effects may include:- Uplifting energy- Anxiety Relief- Increased Focus- Increased Creativity
Mint Choc Chip was complex and hard to characterize. I had to try it three different times before I came up with a better description than "meh." Ultimately, I decided that it creeps. The first hit or three are unremarkable, but subsequent hits build on those and eventually deliver a good strong high. The drawback is that I have to smoke a full bowl before I reach my happy place, but once I get there it's long-lasting. This was my least-favorite of the bunch. Their description says:
New strain - premium genetics!

Mint Choc Chip x Grease Monkey effects may include:

- Skunky gas aroma, w/ sharp, minty flavor
- Cerebral start, heavy relaxed finish
- Giggly & euphoric - sedative in larger doses
- Muscle cramp, spasms & inflammation relief
- Appetite stimulation w/ nausea relief
Finally, Silver Sunshine produced a nice, clean, giggly high. Its flavor is unremarkable. It's not on the website anymore.

When I go back in September, I'll load up on Silver Sunshine for its fun cerebral high and GSC for its body buzz, if I can get them again. NETA is constantly changing their lineup.

Why wait that long? Because Wife's medical card renews in August. That costs $200, but NETA gives a $200 store credit for 30 days after renewal.
Sudy

Post by Sudy »

Huh. Just vaped some of the original distillate I got, and it feels a little different this time. There's a slight pressure and floatiness in my temples and behind my eyes. Localized to the top of my head, and I'm less disoriented than I usually would be. Maybe I finally found that lighter hit.

So I haven't had the time to try flower yet, and just gave the whole thing a break for a month. Well, last Thursday felt pretty hopeless and I'd been thinking of Gilliam's adaptation of Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas, so I figured I'd try 5mg CBT/15-20mg TCH caplets and a few draws of the distillate over the course of several hours and topped it off with a couple shots' worth of rum. Well, it was pretty much the previous effects of each, but it never got too intense. Still can't decide whether I like it. Definitely changes the rest of the day, and like last time I'm still feeling some sporadic dizziness a few days later. Evidently curious enough to take some this morning lol.

I really need to learn how to control my more silly/annoying behaviours while high (and probably in general) though. I got into a moderate fight with Mrs. Nym because I just couldn't find my filter.

On Thursday, I thought I'd listen to something that seemed appropriate and tried some Hawkwind and Pink Floyd, their material I know/like. Well, it was fine. But I think I realized the fun of weed is how it may change what you already happen to be enjoying at the time. Like, "Stop listening to what you think a classic stoner might like. Just listen to whatever you want to listen to."

Sudy

Post by Sudy »

- I think I've come to the conclusion that the "time hopping" sensation I've experienced during particularly intense sessions is just my perception of the commonly reported "time slows down" effect. Though I feel like I may feel that separately. E.g. I may be playing an online CCG, and I'll look over to Spotify to change tracks. All of a sudden I'll panic and switch my focus back, thinking I've missed my turn. But mere seconds have passed. Focusing on more than one thing at once is still really, really hard... but I'm getting better at it. That or getting better at not taking too much.

- I feel a strange connectedness or excitement. Like I can be working on a post here and switch to something else, and it's like I've carried the notion of positive social engagement to whatever else I'm doing. Everything seems meaningful.

- Writing effectively is tough. I'll miss letters and words as I rush ahead, and I don't have the patience to proofread. Mrs. Nym says I should try writing instead of rambling to her, but I feel that, at best, anything I record is only going to be useful as brainstorming.

- My conversational inhibitions are far, far reduced. Mind you I've only taking cannabis around my wife, someone I'm comfortable with. But I just won't shut up. Even if she's ignoring me, I'll still talk to her for minutes. I can definitely be talkative with those I'm close to, but this is an unusual behaviour for me.

- Like the original time, I'm still significantly foggy/lightheaded 2-3 days later. This isn't good as it effects my job and everything else. I think I can function at 100% or close to it, but I have this strange sensation of disconnectedness. It's not the same as being high, but feels like an echo of some of the active effects.

Edit:

- I overdid it a bit the other day, and the G.I. Joe: Snake Eyes trailer looked amazing. I think that's how to know when I've taken so much.

- At this point I'm realizing that THC just makes music "interesting" or "important" in general (like most things). It's distinct from when I'm really enjoying music sober. I can listen even to genres/artists I don't care for and be engaged.

Sudy

Post by Sudy »

I went to my folks' for several nights and brought the distillate with me, taking it before bed before watching some TV, etc. Oddly, I felt very little effect after the first night or two. At first I thought I'd begun to develop a small tolerance, but now I've come home and it's like normal again. I wonder if it had more to do with the fact that I take it here while intending to stay awake. And the experience of being away from home is novel enough that the cannabis doesn't register as high on my senses.

Kraken

Post by Kraken »

Set and setting. You'll respond differently to any drug depending on whether you take it in the comfort of your own home, or at a concert, or in a laboratory as a research subject. Who you're with, what music is playing (if any), what visuals surround you...all of that shapes your experience.
Sudy

Post by Sudy »

It's very strange. But also makes sense.

As well, I just realized the name Oliver has "olive" in it, so as the Green Arrow's costume is green, he should be a green olive and will have to stick out his tongue to represent the bit of pepper. Mrs. Nym doesn't think this is nearly so revelatory. Mrs. Nym is sober.

Kraken

Post by Kraken »

Sudy wrote: Thu Jul 15, 2021 12:45 am It's very strange. But also makes sense.

As well, I just realized the name Oliver has "olive" in it, so as the Green Arrow's costume is green, he should be a green olive and will have to stick out his tongue to represent the bit of pepper. Mrs. Nym doesn't think this is nearly so revelatory. Mrs. Nym is sober.
:lol: Now you're getting it.
Alefroth

Post by Alefroth »

I haven't seen drug AARs like this since I started reading the Vaults of Erowid twenty something years ago.
Sudy

Post by Sudy »

I got a late start... I was too busy being a reserved high school introvert twenty years ago.

So, I haven't abandoned the plan to try fresh flower. But I'd been vaping a lot lately and wanted to try a higher quality distillate. I decided to hold off on the flower until I can spend appropriate time researching the various components, and just picked up a sample of their cheapest pre-rolls. (Yeah, I know there are two sin-words in that sentence, but I wanted to get the stuff in time for the weekend.)

Well, first up is the Premium 5 Purple Kush live resin vape cartridge. Yes, I haven't forgotten that's the "bad"-e resin, and not good-o rosin. But it seems to be the best we have crammed into a bit of glass and metal here at the moment.

The taste is definitely much broader than the Redecan distillate. There's something in there I don't like... almost like I'm tasting the solvent. Perhaps it's a more chemically-tasting terpene.

This has hit hard. Possibly the highest I've been since my initial experience. But it's nowhere near as anxious. Probably because I'm more relaxed with the experience in general. On the other hand, the source is labelled Indica, for those who subscribe to that (or that its effects would make it into the extract).

I definitely feel like there are differences. Or perhaps it's just the intensity. But it's definitely a flavour of what I already know. Music is definitely sounding very good. And as usual I find I'll be alarmed when I realize how loud I have it, because I don't even notice while I'm focusing on something else, even though I'm still experiencing the music in the background. Definite internal perspective sifting.

I'll feel like there's a light source above my head that's not really there. It's like I'll forget the ambient light of the room as I hyper-focus on something, yet it creeps back into my senses from the edges of my vision.

I got hit with dry eyes quick and soon. I've not experienced that to this degree before.

Alefroth

Post by Alefroth »

Sudy wrote: Thu Jul 15, 2021 7:43 pm I got a late start... I was too busy being a reserved high school introvert twenty years ago.
I mean the detail and description, not the timeframe.

https://erowid.org/splash.php

Some of the accounts of psychedelics are quite amusing.
Sudy

Post by Sudy »

Oh I know, my explanation just happened to fit the time frame so I viewed it as a two-fer without any regard to the clarity of the expression of my thoughts per above resin oil.

Sudy

Post by Sudy »

Well, I smoked the first half or two-thirds of a 1g Good Supply "Grower's Choice" hybrid pre-roll. Though I think the atmosphere breathed in about as much of it as I did. It tastes like popcorn and chemicals. I've emailed the producer with the lot code to ask the strain. (Edit: It's Sour Kush.)

I am definitely blasted. The mellowing and delayed processing effects are here but intensified. (Presumably as much about the dosage.) Definite increased mild peripheral "strobing" of light and sound. Initially I planned to just smoke the whole thing... it's a good thing I didn't. So far I don't notice anything dramatically different from vaping (just the intensity of this hit), but I'll have to see after I try these other pre-rolls.

It was interesting to smoke something for the first time. I can't say that I enjoyed it... it's a messy, dirty experience. But the ritual of it all is alluring and probably better in the social setting. I might have lit too big of a cherry, but I didn't want to stand outside forever anyway. Mrs. Nym does not dig the odour, even from the other side of the balcony door. It's definitely strong, and it's confusing to confront the scent without hostility for the first time in my life. I didn't cough much until after a few draws. I was surprised; I'd have thought it would be harder on my relatively virgin lungs than vaping.

Edit: According to customer service, it's Sour Kush. Almost six hours later and I'm no longer high, but I feel a pronounced hangover. It's not wholly unpleasant, but it's more than I've experienced after vaping. After a couple hours I was finding the experience too intense and I was pretty dozy, so I went to bed. My mind was so active I didn't feel like I was getting any rest however.

Edit 2, LATER THAT AFTERNOON: At this point I should probably clarify that I'm on vacation. Anyway, I decided to try to smoke the last third of the Sour Kush joint, but I found myself wanting to stop before I could get there. Still not digging smoking, but it does seem to provide a broader, longer experience. That might just be the volume though.

I'm noticing that I sometimes perceive music when there isn't any. Like I can watch a movie and will be bobbing my head to a beat that's not present on screen. It's like an earworm but less conscious. It's very strange.

This strain definitely seems to make me starve. I'll be thinking up things to eat when I'm not even hungry anymore. I've never felt hunger this pronounced while vaping.

I re-watched The Big Lebowski for the first time in a couple years. I wouldn't say the high helped me appreciate it, but it was an enjoyable experience (possibly because I already know the film so well). And it certainly helps me to understand the stoner aspects of The Dude's character.

The other pre-rolls are Skywalker Kush and Super Lemon Haze.

Sudy

Post by Sudy »

I went to smoke the last fifth of the Sour Kush joint and I couldn't even finish it. I'm on the ceiling. I am so confused (and in the game): it seems the less of this joint I smoke, the higher I get. This is going to be like the homeopathy of cannabis. We'll make hundreds.

I'd forgotten what an experience this intense feels like. No wonder I was scared my first time vaping. I'm a little scared now. Yet I can type this successfully. I can swallow a 12" submarine sandwich, a cookie (a good damn cookie by the way), a bit of Mountain Dew, and apparently a Bounty bar that was meant to be saved for later because I'm addicted to sugar and high. My body is under control. It likes to dance like one of those 90s plastic flowers that came alive to music. But it's under control. My mind, however... is scrambled. Everything is there. But stray and muted thoughts now play at the same volume as the rational ones and compete for my attention.

My mind constantly throbs with music that is or isn't playing. (I.e., it seems to make its own when none is being played.) I notice that the "strobing" is actually my eyelids lowering and closing, more frequently than blinks are necessary. I can control them but this seems to be their default mode right now. When my eyes are closed... I wouldn't consider it hallucination. But it's like I can hop right into the most vivid daydreams I've ever experienced.

I keep amusing myself with the stupidest things. As the somewhat skittish cat walked ahead of me, I belched and she took off. So I said to her, "I am a dragon. It's OK Isabella! I was just saying 'excuse me' in dragon roar language," as if there are other dialects of dragon we're both be aware of.

I really can't help eating and wanting to eat more than normal. The urge "to experience" is just so strong.

Kraken

Post by Kraken »

As you smoke a joint down, its oils build up and concentrate in the remaining length. Back in the day I used to save roaches for when I ran out of fresh weed. Roach weed tastes nasty but packs a nice kick.

Nowadays I smoke a pipe, which is better suited to small quantities.
Sudy

Post by Sudy »

Yes, joint smoking seems like an experience for a person with friends. Storing and re-lighting half-finished joints isn't a process I relish. Unfortunately, the bubbler I was looking at is out of stock. But still not sure if I want this (flower) to be a regular experience. For a consistent quick hit, live resin vaping seems like a pretty decent option. One that doesn't require going out on the balcony and having to weigh comfort against the neighbours seeing me in an undershirt.

The best solution still seems to be dry flower vaping, but I'm not sold on the cost. I just don't know what kind of hobby I want this to be for me. It doesn't seem to be helping my productivity, but the affect on my mental health is arguably positive. At the very least, it's a distraction from external stresses. But I get on Mrs. Nym's nerves if I take too much.

Sudy

Post by Sudy »

Well, that's the initial Sour Kush joint in the books. And to think I'd intended to smoke all three joints this weekend lol.

I broke out the tweezers the way The Dude taught me. As I struggle to say "far out" to whale songs and three nihilists break in and threaten my johnson with a marmot. When it's your penis, should "Johnson" be capitalized?

As I finished the five or so draws left in the roach, an older apartment neighbour walked by three floors below with their dog. (Just confirming that's ground level, from balcony. He didn't pull some Inception shit and I have not yet developed the ability to see through walls. I think that's coming momentarily.) He looked up as I coughed and I thought I could see his face droop disapprovingly. Friends, you may mistake a joint for a cigarette at that distance, but not a joint that's being supported by tweezers. Not unless he thought I was Miss Scarlet with her cigarillo holder. In the foyer. With the fucking pipe cleaner. Do you know how long I've waited to be looked down upon by the older generations!

Edit: The very real personal benefit I've identified is that cannabis makes me want to do stuff. It may only be playing games, watching tv, or posting here (though sometimes it's more), but at least for now it's making it harder to retreat into my depression and oversleep. That may just be a result of it being my current fascination though. I haven't been particularly productive this weekend, but I haven't been worse than usual either. Maybe actually a little better.

Edit 2: I'd like to discuss cannabis-related things with an external community (i.e. not wanting to overwhelm this thread) and was browsing Discord channels, but the subculture(s) expressed tend to be unattractively stereotypical. Why is there no community that combines my general interests? Where is the Progressive-Cannabis-Metal-Gaming group? There are some cannabis/gaming groups, but they seem comprised of... younger people. The kind who play Fortnight and stream. These are not my people.

Edit 3: Wow, apparently everyone in Discord is in pre-school. Is this how it felt to be an adult online 20-25 years ago when it was overrun by then-kids like me? Where do people even go to discuss things anymore?

Ænima

Post by Ænima »

"Progressive-Cannabis-Metal-Gaming" pretty much describes me, although my metal tastes are fairly mainstream :P
Sudy

Post by Sudy »

Well maybe we ought to form a club. You'd think it really wouldn't be that exclusive.... I joined one metal Discord group and it was just all bad memes and gifs. Horrific. It's been creeping up on me for a while--that realization that I now have almost nothing in common with the younger generation. They game and music and tv and movie, but not what I game and music and tv and movie. There's overlap, sure, but most of that Venn diagram is exclusive. Finally, millennials can relax. We're no longer the scummiest of the scum of the earth.

Jeff V

Post by Jeff V »

I'm pondering convincing my wife I ought to try medicinal weed. Arthritis sucks, some days more than others.
Black Lives Matter
Kraken

Post by Kraken »

Jeff V wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 9:23 pm I'm pondering convincing my wife I ought to try medicinal weed. Arthritis sucks, some days more than others.
Soften her up by trying CBD first. It might even help you (Wife swears by it for her back pain). If it doesn't, proceed to whole cannabis.
Jeff V

Post by Jeff V »

I have to first convince her that regular application of topical remedies aren't doing the job. She says i'm not diligent in applying such things as Aquaphor, which ostensibly reduces pain caused by calluses on my feet.
Black Lives Matter
Kraken

Post by Kraken »

Jeff V wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 10:37 pm I have to first convince her that regular application of topical remedies aren't doing the job. She says i'm not diligent in applying such things as Aquaphor, which ostensibly reduces pain caused by calluses on my feet.
Well I won't dismiss folk remedies out of hand, but if you're not getting results and there's no science behind it, then maybe don't let your wife define your acceptable remedies. The science backing CBD for arthritis pain isn't at all clear, but it is a notch above folk medicine. And I can attest and aver that cannabis helps you feel no pain in general.

You know what really works, though? Oxycontin. The only time I ever tried it I had no pain anywhere in my body for several hours, which was really nice but not euphorically nice.

Tell Marycel that if you can't try cannabis you're going straight to oxy. :wink:
Sudy

Post by Sudy »

You know, I realized yesterday that we have an "Opioids" thread, and I found it amusing that a passer-by may expect their function is the same and we're some kind of harm reduction forum.

Jeff V

Post by Jeff V »

Kraken wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 1:11 am
Tell Marycel that if you can't try cannabis you're going straight to oxy. :wink:
That won't work! Aquafor does, actually help...the thing is I don't apply it until I have a problem, and she insists i need do use daily regardless.

More concerting are wounds on my feet or legs that I don't particularly notice. I have a nasty one on my left leg now and I have no idea how I got it. Methinks diabetic neuropathy is real...and some day my legs are just going to fall off.
Black Lives Matter
Kraken

Post by Kraken »

Jeff V wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 10:39 pm
Kraken wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 1:11 am
That won't work! Aquafor does, actually help...the thing is I don't apply it until I have a problem, and she insists i need do use daily regardless.

More concerting are wounds on my feet or legs that I don't particularly notice. I have a nasty one on my left leg now and I have no idea how I got it. Methinks diabetic neuropathy is real...and some day my legs are just going to fall off.
If it helps, double down on it. Cannabis isn't going to do anything for diabetes complications. Take that shit seriously. My BIL died from the mother of all toe stubs. If you don't remember that thread, read it and take it to heart.
Jeff V

Post by Jeff V »

Yeah, believe me, your BIL is first and foremost in mind anytime something is amiss in my extremities. The wound on my left leg is scabbed over, but still a bit tender...I had no pain at all until 2 days after it happened, whatever it is. Wife won't tell me how I did it (it looked almost like a burn), claimed to have seen it happen and of course blames delicious, innocent beer.
Black Lives Matter
Sudy

Post by Sudy »

I find I'm more likely to get the desire to re-watch a favourite film on cannabis and actually follow through with it. Or maybe I'm just curious to re-experience them this way. But ordinarily I'll nearly exclusively watch something new when I feel like a movie.

The one effect I can't get over is the feeling of camaraderie and purpose. Even if I'm alone. There's this sensation that something exciting's over the horizon, even if it's just a mundane task. If there's a therapeutic benefit, this has been the greatest one for me so far.

Cannabis, Diablo III, and Leonard Cohen are strange bedfellows, but I'm making it work.

I don't know if my vape cartridges are getting clogged or if I'm starting to develop a tolerance, but even after not imbibing for the work weekend I felt a middling effect from several sips yesterday morning. But that many draws on one of the joints sends me flying. The full spectrum vape cartridge definitely has a broader and more nuanced taste than the initial one without its original terpenes etc., but I'm not yet convinced the experience is different. It's hard to do an objective comparison.

I'm definitely feeling the pull of the drug at the times I cease using it for work. That's a new experience, and a little scary. And it seems I need about 36 hours to clear the brain fog, which is frustrating. But this is the only intoxicant I've tried that I've actually enjoyed. As a depression patient, my doctor would probably not be enthused that I'm messing further with my brain. I'm not particularly looking forward to that conversation. But this is also a life experience I'm glad I'm having.