Far Cry 6

If it's a video game it goes here.

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, Arcanis, $iljanus

Daehawk

Re: Far Cry 6

Post by Daehawk »

I need to finish that one day. Im right at the end. Been sitting on my hard drive since my wife died. Just lack a couple hard ass areas. Had fun collecting the rare pets.
--------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.
I guess Ray Butts has ate his last pancake.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/daehawk
"Has high IQ. Refuses to apply it"
Scraper

Post by Scraper »

Daehawk wrote: Tue Nov 15, 2022 9:17 am I need to finish that one day. Im right at the end. Been sitting on my hard drive since my wife died. Just lack a couple hard ass areas. Had fun collecting the rare pets.
I may be in the minority but I really enjoyed Primal.
FTE
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

I enjoyed Primal more than FC6, that's for sure. I finished this game but overall was disappointed with the mechanics.
Maybe next year, maybe no go
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Im having fun with FC6..but Im not feeling it as a FC game yet. Not like 3,4, and 5.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

This game is super easy and super hard . Seems to be no middle ground. I can breeze through enemies then suddenly start dying repeatedly. Seems when Im dying its because enemies just pour in from some place. That or their aim becomes dead on even when Im hidden. Seems once you are spotted you are spotted for good no matter the bushes or what not.
Max Peck

Post by Max Peck »

You can use hard cover, mobility and distance to break contact after being spotted.
"What? What? What?" -- The 14th Doctor

It's not enough to be a good player... you also have to play well. -- Siegbert Tarrasch
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Why the heck cant amigos ride in vehicles with me?? I feel terrible leaving little Chorizo behind to run after me. Feel awful doing that to the little guy. I think you can get boom boom to ride. But FC5 or its dlc had animals ride with you. Why the step back I dont know. Also this one is harder to control. Feels floaty and quick sensitivity.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Chorizo just got in one of the enemies jeeps with me. So guess its just most cars they cant get in. For the jeep the little guy hops up and climbs through the passenger window. Pretty touch for a dog in a wheelchair.

Far Cry 6 is disappointing me. The control is off and Im dying a lot due to helicopters which seem that I can only kill after 10 min of dying and with jeep guns or something. Plus I die to normal guys too easy....cant figure out how to aim that stupid backpack thing, flamethrower seems to burn em as much as flowers....its adding up to be a disappointment.....like FC2 was. FC 1, 3 ,4 ,5 are all great though..

Just now I died so much I tried to ctrl alt del my system I was so mad. Im working on a mission at 3 farms and even after clearing the first one and doing all I can find there the map marker stays but doesn't tell me what Im missing. Then over time enemies filter in to kill me some more. I think I have to go to all three before any of it completes...but that marker staying without info sucks ass.

Im not sure what good pets are besides being cute or cool. The gator simply ran up to people and sat there and died..all the time. Chorizo is cute and cool but Im not sure he does anything but get shot down too..which I hate.
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

I'm...not sure what to make of this.

Far Cry 6: Lost Between Worlds will be available on December 6th, starting at €19.99. Conquer life-or-death trials in this all-new Dani Rojas story. Lost Between Worlds is a rich, action-packed gauntlet with deadly crystal enemies, multiple player paths, all-new lore, and a wide variety of unique gameplay challenges.

Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

It looks like Blood Dragon 2, if they replaced the dragons with crocodiles and laced the blood with LSD.
(˙pǝsɹǝʌǝɹ uǝǝq sɐɥ ʎʇıʌɐɹƃ ʃɐuosɹǝd ʎW)
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

:D

It did remind me of Blood Dragon - especially at the end where the music kicks in - but I didn't want to influence opinions. I wonder if they're gearing up for an official explanation as to how all the Far Cry titles are connected?
Max Peck

Post by Max Peck »

It's not enough to be a good player... you also have to play well. -- Siegbert Tarrasch
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Dont know what NG+ is but that patch may be why Chorizo got in the car now. Have to test it with the gator next time. I need to look up what these pets do..if anything.
Max Peck

Post by Max Peck »

Each pet has 3 different abilities that you unlock by grinding out a particular activity with them.

It looks like NG+ lets you replay the full game, starting with whatever you had when you completed the first playthrough.

Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

“New Game +”
It's almost as if people are the problem.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Im getting better at fighting and staying alive. But helicopters are still giving me a fit. Ive found I can destroy them using that backpack thing but it take a long time to recharge. Also I still dont know how to aim it..I just fire and it 'seems' to hit the bigger enemy targets..seems. But helicopters seem to tough in 6. I can empty mag after mag into them and nothing. Even mounted 50 cal truck guns do nothing much and they overheat so fast as to be useless. I need a rocket launcher but haven't seen one yet.
Max Peck

Post by Max Peck »

Helicopters (and other vehicles) are more vulnerable to blast ammunition, and you can always use a rocket/grenade launcher to knock them down, although it will usually still take more than one hit.

Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

This is a great tips video

Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Ok so Ive installed this for the 3rd time to try and see if it will just grab me. It never did before. Im not that far into it as Im off the start island crap and on the first area of the mainland island as I recall.

Thinking back on my previous attempts at this game I 'THINK' there were TWO main problems in my eyes for me.

1. Enemies keep spawning into an area you are attacking or working in. Either they're spawning nearby and running in or they're driving from some place nearby. They just keep piling in and in and they can be bullet sponges at times too.

2. And the bigger problem was that main special weapon they always wanted you to take and use. Some kinda backpack rocket launcher thing as I remember. They tell you to here that thing and use it against whatever. It can fire a salvo of rockets at an area or lob a bunch or grenades or be a flame thrower and such. Its like the Red Green duck tape of weapon backpacks.

Trouble is I never figured it out or how to use it right. Its got an area of effect thing not a direct fire thing. Then it has a cool down you have to wait on. To top it off you never know which version to equip and take with you...ya it can be a rocket pack or a grenade pack or a flame thrower.

So I think those two things are what were ruining my previous attempts at enjoying this game. It just doesn't feel Far Cry to me. Maybe its better now. And I know my video card is better.

Just give me a rocket launcher, some explosives, and a bunch of different guns and Im good you know?
Max Peck

Post by Max Peck »

Daehawk wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2023 7:11 pm 1. Enemies keep spawning into an area you are attacking or working in. Either they're spawning nearby and running in or they're driving from some place nearby. They just keep piling in and in and they can be bullet sponges at times too.
IIRC, this is mostly an issue if your heat (or whatever they call it, it's been a while since I played) gets too high and you're being hunted. The out is to hide or break off and run away until it cools down and they stop hunting you.
2. And the bigger problem was that main special weapon they always wanted you to take and use. Some kinda backpack rocket launcher thing as I remember. They tell you to here that thing and use it against whatever. It can fire a salvo of rockets at an area or lob a bunch or grenades or be a flame thrower and such. Its like the Red Green duck tape of weapon backpacks.
For the most part, you can just ignore the backpacks if you don't like them. Off the top of my head, I don't recall any specific cases where it is mandatory to use them, although there might be something like a mission that I'm forgetting that requires you to use it I suppose.

Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

Max Peck wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2023 8:16 pm
Daehawk wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2023 7:11 pm 1. Enemies keep spawning into an area you are attacking or working in. Either they're spawning nearby and running in or they're driving from some place nearby. They just keep piling in and in and they can be bullet sponges at times too.
IIRC, this is mostly an issue if your heat (or whatever they call it, it's been a while since I played) gets too high and you're being hunted. The out is to hide or break off and run away until it cools down and they stop hunting you.
That's likely it. It's like GTA when you have the police after you. You can't play the game like Doom for very long - you'll get overwhelmed.
(˙pǝsɹǝʌǝɹ uǝǝq sɐɥ ʎʇıʌɐɹƃ ʃɐuosɹǝd ʎW)