Moderator: Zaxxon

Moliere

Another Political WW game?

Post by Moliere »

Team Evil
Trump: each night he fires someone.
Pence: takes over if Trump is lynched or removed from office

Optional:
Putin: each night he will hit a player with a nerve agent. If it's someone other than Trump they will be sick and unable to talk during that next day. If he gets Trump then he takes over for Trump with Pence still in the VP slot. He can then start communicating with Pence. Trump's death would only be reported as a normal night kill. Stormy and Mueller's powers do not apply to Putin if he takes over. Putin's kill shot happens before Trump's firing so there would only be one night kill if Trump is targeted.
(This makes for an interesting dynamic if, for example, Pence doesn't talk for a day. It also potentially switches the player from Good to Evil in the middle of the game. He can still be fired by Trump or outed by Theresa.)

Team Good
Stormy Davis: if Trump tries to fire her then he breaks the NDA and is publicly exposed to the other players. If Pence takes over for Trump and tries to fire her then his wife divorces him for associating with another woman. The game will be over.
Rick Perry: if Trump/Pence/Putin tries to fire him he gets a one time opportunity to move to a new Cabinet position and avoid being fired.
Robert Mueller: each night he scans in search of Trump. He will only be told that he found Pence if Trump has been removed from the game. If Trump tries to fire him then he is removed from office and the game. If Pence has taken over for Trump then he can fire Mueller.
Theresa May: gets a night scan looking for Putin.
Rex Tillerson: if he is fired by Trump then the announcement during the day would be lots of praise by Trump on what a fantastic job he's doing. The next day he would be fired, leading to a possibility of two firings on the same day.
Melania Trump: if Trump tries to fire her then she takes him out with her and both are removed from the game. Pence takes over for Trump.

Everyone has a role, though some are only passive. The current setup is for 9 players with 7 against 2. Thoughts?
"The world is suffering more today from the good people who want to mind other men's business than it is from the bad people who are willing to let everybody look after their own individual affairs." - Clarence Darrow
Lassr

Re: Another Political WW game?

Post by Lassr »

Moliere wrote: Wed Mar 14, 2018 4:51 pm
Everyone has a role, though some are only passive. The current setup is for 9 players with 7 against 2. Thoughts?
So what prevents all the good guys from coming out an announcing their role?
The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.

Black Lives Matter
Moliere

Post by Moliere »

Because it would tell Trump who to avoid firing. Also, team evil could come out as one of the villagers.
"The world is suffering more today from the good people who want to mind other men's business than it is from the bad people who are willing to let everybody look after their own individual affairs." - Clarence Darrow
bb2112
End of Days
Location: Knowledge! It is almost as important as money, luck, and family connections.

Post by bb2112 »

Besides everyone coming out and revealing, I see another potential issue with the rule set.

Stormy Davis: if Trump tries to fire her then he breaks the NDA and is publicly exposed to the other players. If Pence takes over for Trump and tries to fire her then his wife divorces him for associating with another woman. The game will be over.
Melania Trump: if Trump tries to fire her then she takes him out with her and both are removed from the game. Pence takes over for Trump.

That is two land mines for Trump and one for Pence. It would be very difficult for Team Evil to get to a majority if they get taken out when they try to fire other players. Firing is the only power team evil has. Stormy and Melania can come out early and make sure they don't get lynched and Trump can't fire them.

I kind of like the concept, but the balance needs some work. I also don't know how to get around the everyone reveal situation.
That's no reason to cry. One cries because one is sad. For example, I cry because others are stupid, and that makes me sad.
Why would I stab an Oracle? Wait, what am I saying? Why wouldn't I stab an Oracle? - Belkar Bitterleaf
BCY4920 - You can suck it Johnny Angel.
Punisher

Post by Punisher »

bb2112 wrote: Thu Mar 15, 2018 11:33 am I kind of like the concept, but the balance needs some work. I also don't know how to get around the everyone reveal situation.
Can someone explain in simple terms how this game would be different then any other game where everyone could reveal?
All yourLightning Bolts are Belong to Us
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

Punisher wrote: Thu Mar 15, 2018 11:47 am
bb2112 wrote: Thu Mar 15, 2018 11:33 am I kind of like the concept, but the balance needs some work. I also don't know how to get around the everyone reveal situation.
Can someone explain in simple terms how this game would be different then any other game where everyone could reveal?
If everyone has a unique role than claiming it narrows the field down to you and whomever tries to contest you - i.e. the bad guys. Anyone not claiming a unique role has to be a bad guy.

If the roles are the numbers 1-9 with 1 and 2 being bad guys if 3-9 all come out and say "I'm #" then 1 and 2 are left to choose not claiming a role - and thus being caught - or claiming a role and thus being contested and caught. Day 1 you go from 9 players trying to find 2 bad guys in an unknown pool to at worst 5 known good guys trying to find 2 bad guys in a pool of 4 potential with a successful lynch confirming another good guy. Bad guys can not win.
“As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.” - H.L. Mencken
Zarathud

Post by Zarathud »

Make Putin Team Evil but have to find Stormy and Mueller. Putin can silence them allowing Trump/Pence to safely kill. Gives Good a reason to hide and more contested if they all reveal.
"If the facts don't fit the theory, change the facts." - Albert Einstein
"I don't stand by anything." - Trump
“Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.” - John Stuart Mill, Inaugural Address Delivered to the University of St Andrews, 2/1/1867
“It is the impractical things in this tumultuous hell-scape of a world that matter most. A book, a name, chicken soup. They help us remember that, even in our darkest hour, life is still to be savored.” - Poe, Altered Carbon
Punisher

Post by Punisher »

Remus West wrote: Thu Mar 15, 2018 11:54 am
Punisher wrote: Thu Mar 15, 2018 11:47 am
If everyone has a unique role than claiming it narrows the field down to you and whomever tries to contest you - i.e. the bad guys. Anyone not claiming a unique role has to be a bad guy.

If the roles are the numbers 1-9 with 1 and 2 being bad guys if 3-9 all come out and say "I'm #" then 1 and 2 are left to choose not claiming a role - and thus being caught - or claiming a role and thus being contested and caught. Day 1 you go from 9 players trying to find 2 bad guys in an unknown pool to at worst 5 known good guys trying to find 2 bad guys in a pool of 4 potential with a successful lynch confirming another good guy. Bad guys can not win.
What if the good roles were numbered 1-10, the roles were randomly assigned AND could be duplicated (Except the seer and protector maybe). Then there could legit be 4 #6's for example.
Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

More than one Trump??????

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Scoop. Makeup and hair are fabulous. - Qantaga

Xbox Gamertag: Scoop20906
Steam: Scoop20906
Moliere

Post by Moliere »

Zarathud wrote: Thu Mar 15, 2018 12:11 pm Make Putin Team Evil but have to find Stormy and Mueller. Putin can silence them allowing Trump/Pence to safely kill. Gives Good a reason to hide and more contested if they all reveal.
I like this. That way he can still poison people, fulfilling his role in the world, er, I mean game.
Newcastle

Post by Newcastle »

I'll be in once the dust settles and the rule monkeys have finished it.
Bayraktar!!!!

Trump and the GOP; putting the banana in our Republic.
Moliere

Post by Moliere »

Do we have enough interest to make it worth it to finalize the rules?
Punisher

Post by Punisher »

I'm not a fan of the theme, but if you're short let me know and I may join.
Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

I am in please

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Scoop. Makeup and hair are fabulous. - Qantaga

Xbox Gamertag: Scoop20906
Steam: Scoop20906
bb2112
End of Days
Location: Knowledge! It is almost as important as money, luck, and family connections.

Post by bb2112 »

In
That's no reason to cry. One cries because one is sad. For example, I cry because others are stupid, and that makes me sad.
Why would I stab an Oracle? Wait, what am I saying? Why wouldn't I stab an Oracle? - Belkar Bitterleaf
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

I will be in as well.
Black Lives Matter.
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

Possibly
The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.

Black Lives Matter
Moliere

Post by Moliere »

bb2112 wrote: Thu Mar 15, 2018 11:33 am Besides everyone coming out and revealing, I see another potential issue with the rule set.

That is two land mines for Trump and one for Pence. It would be very difficult for Team Evil to get to a majority if they get taken out when they try to fire other players. Firing is the only power team evil has. Stormy and Melania can come out early and make sure they don't get lynched and Trump can't fire them.

I kind of like the concept, but the balance needs some work. I also don't know how to get around the everyone reveal situation.
I used these roles to replace the Hunter getting a protection every night. It changes the dynamics slightly, but offers a similar concept.
bb2112
End of Days

Post by bb2112 »

Moliere wrote: Mon Mar 26, 2018 12:26 pm
bb2112 wrote: Thu Mar 15, 2018 11:33 am Besides everyone coming out and revealing, I see another potential issue with the rule set.

I used these roles to replace the Hunter getting a protection every night. It changes the dynamics slightly, but offers a similar concept.
The thing about the protection is it usually can't be used on the same person on consecutive nights giving team evil an opportunity for a kill. Plus the protection gets spread around so there are more potential targets, less potential cross over. Unless I am misunderstanding the rules, Stormy and Melania's protection is on constantly for just themselves. It is a permanent block. In order for team evil to win they would have to get lucky and kill everyone else without being killed themselves.

Make Stormy's and Melania's ability a 1 time use. Or better yet, give Trump/Pence a Veto power that will block a players night ability. They then can choose to use it on their kill target or block someone else from scanning or using their ability.