Star Wars - Revenge of the Sith - Game Over

This is the place for self-contained forum games

Moderator: Zaxxon

Lassr

Re: Star Wars - Revenge of the Sith - Day 4

Post by Lassr »

looking over the last few pages the one thing that stood out to me about Moliere is he swooped in and placed the lynching vote on Holman. Yes Holman turned out to be a wolf but I was hoping to see if Dooku would place the final vote or if he'd sit there a while with 3 votes. The longer Holman set there without a 4th vote the more likely he was sith. Moliere placed that vote like he knew Dooku would not be placing that vote and he wanted to grab the credibility of killing a sith.

Granted Holman was going to die either way. So in the scheme of things it did not matter but the timing just seems off.
The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.

Black Lives Matter
Lassr

Re: Star Wars - Revenge of the Sith - Day 3

Post by Lassr »

Moliere wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2018 12:16 pm
RMC wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2018 11:39 am Well, I think Holman is a wolf now.

If it is not Unagi, and I know it is not me. Then it has to be Holman as one of them.
What about me? I could be a wolf.

Enlarge Image
a taunt?
The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.

Black Lives Matter
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

For RMC we had the post of him getting the Dooku voting rule wrong like Holman after we had talked about it twice before.

He did push for Holman early and was the first vote on him. I don't give much credibility for that these days because it's a pretty common ploy now for wolves to gain credibility.

Black Lives Matter
RMC

Post by RMC »

Lassr wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2018 11:57 pm For RMC we had the post of him getting the Dooku voting rule wrong like Holman after we had talked about it twice before.

He did push for Holman early and was the first vote on him. I don't give much credibility for that these days because it's a pretty common ploy now for wolves to gain credibility.
Really??? With only 2 wolves, that would take balls, considering that Holman was not on very many radars, and I was/am.

But I can concede, that a ploy like that is something I might do. But I did not do that, because I am still not a wolf. :)
Difficulties mastered are opportunities won. - Winston Churchill
Sheesh, this is one small box. Thankfully, everything's packed in nicely this time. Not too tight nor too loose (someone's sig in 3, 2, ...). - Hepcat
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

RMC wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2018 12:08 am
Lassr wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2018 11:57 pm For RMC we had the post of him getting the Dooku voting rule wrong like Holman after we had talked about it twice before.

Really??? With only 2 wolves, that would take balls, considering that Holman was not on very many radars, and I was/am.

But I can concede, that a ploy like that is something I might do. But I did not do that, because I am still not a wolf. :)
It would take balls, I agree, but it has been done before.

Black Lives Matter
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

Moliere 

That's the way I'm leaning. He & Holman played about the same type of game. Hanging around making posts but never seemed to be trying to find wolves.

Black Lives Matter
RMC

Post by RMC »

Lassr wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2018 9:35 am
RMC wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2018 12:08 am

It would take balls, I agree, but it has been done before.
Touche' But I know I am not a wolf, so it did not happen this time. :)
Sheesh, this is one small box. Thankfully, everything's packed in nicely this time. Not too tight nor too loose (someone's sig in 3, 2, ...). - Hepcat
Moliere

Post by Moliere »

Lassr wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2018 9:41 am  Moliere 

That's the way I'm leaning. He & Holman played about the same type of game. Hanging around making posts but never seemed to be trying to find wolves.
So while I was scooping the wolf you were delaying and avoiding voting for him:
Lassr wrote: Sat Feb 24, 2018 11:39 pm
Unagi wrote: Fri Feb 23, 2018 9:00 pm yes, - let's test Holman.
I can go for this. I'll change my vote Monday if no one else wants to vote RMC. Holman is worth a test.
Lassr wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2018 10:57 am
Punisher wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2018 10:19 am
Lassr wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2018 12:26 am So that is 3. it will be interesting to see the vote count tomorrow morning. See if Dooku places that extra vote.
Well, we only need 4 and El Guopo hasn't voted yet. Plus someone could change their vote.
Yep. I was going to switch my vote but wanted to see if Dooku added a secret vote. too late now
You seem to keep trying to misdirect us away from Holman.

Lassr 

"The world is suffering more today from the good people who want to mind other men's business than it is from the bad people who are willing to let everybody look after their own individual affairs." - Clarence Darrow
Moliere

Post by Moliere »

Also, El Guapo was scanned innocent, ipso facto...
"The world is suffering more today from the good people who want to mind other men's business than it is from the bad people who are willing to let everybody look after their own individual affairs." - Clarence Darrow
RMC

Post by RMC »

Moliere wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2018 10:18 am

Lassr wrote: Sat Feb 24, 2018 11:39 pm
Unagi wrote: Fri Feb 23, 2018 9:00 pm yes, - let's test Holman.
I can go for this. I'll change my vote Monday if no one else wants to vote RMC. Holman is worth a test.
Lassr wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2018 10:57 am
Lassr wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2018 12:26 am So that is 3. it will be interesting to see the vote count tomorrow morning. See if Dooku places that extra vote.
Well, we only need 4 and El Guopo hasn't voted yet. Plus someone could change their vote.
Yep. I was going to switch my vote but wanted to see if Dooku added a secret vote. too late now

Lassr 

We have to be careful, because if this will not lose the game for the villagers, then Dooku's vote is still in play. I have not run the numbers yet..
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

this part is true. I was delaying because I was not 100% sure he was a wolf. The longer he went without a Dooku vote the more confident I was that he was in fact a wolf. If everyone had posted after the weekend and BB had not ended the day announcing a lynch then I was going to switch my vote. There was no rush at that time.

Black Lives Matter
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

RMC wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2018 10:29 am
We have to be careful, because if this will not lose the game for the villagers, then Dooku's vote is still in play. I have not run the numbers yet..
If Holman was not Dooku but good point. We still have tomorrow so Dooku could vote today.

Black Lives Matter
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

There was no re-directing at that point. Holman was going to die that day. It was the last day and there was no change of direction, it was just waiting to see if Dooku would use his power to do it.

Black Lives Matter
El Guapo

Re: Star Wars - Revenge of the Sith - Day 1

Post by El Guapo »

Lassr wrote: Thu Feb 01, 2018 2:19 pm
Remus West wrote: Thu Feb 01, 2018 12:09 pm
El Guapo wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2018 12:05 pm
Remus West wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2018 10:24 am  Unagi 

If he isn't the Alpha then whichever of you is probably chose him to avoid being chased by him.
Hmmm, this is actually a good point, although I still don't want to throw away Unagi on a day 1 vote.
So you agree that Unagi would be a likely choice for the Count but find it better to lynch elsewhere. I see.
I would have to say Unagi is one I would not want to lynch on day 1 either unless there was good evidence; Even if I agree with Remus point. He would make a good pick to keep him off the good side, yet he would also make a good night one kill without drawing him over to the dark side.
Lassr doesn't want to lynch Unagi on day 1.

Though Holman also did not want to lynch Unagi on day 1.
Black Lives Matter.
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

Moliere wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2018 11:30 am  Scoop20906 

Moliere says almost nothing day 1 (probably when I couldn't remember the log-on for that account), but does pop in to Scoop Scoop.

Of Lassr, RMC, and Moliere, Lassr seems the most engaged day 1, although the discussion isn't all that substantive, although that's unsurprising since there isn't that much substance to discuss on day 1.
Black Lives Matter.
El Guapo

Re: Star Wars - Revenge of the Sith - Night 1

Post by El Guapo »

Holman wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2018 9:46 am
Holman wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2018 4:48 pm
Vorret wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2018 2:15 pm Awww I'm the chosen one for Scoop's last word :wub:
YOU WERE THE CHOSEN ONE!!

Apparently.
Also, holy frak I guess he WAS the chosen one.

That would have been funnier if Scoop had come back evil.
Look at Holman acting all surprised about the night kill.
Black Lives Matter.
El Guapo

Re: Star Wars - Revenge of the Sith - Day 2

Post by El Guapo »

RMC wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2018 3:08 pm Hey now, I am a cool cat from Kooriban. No need to lynch me.
Korriban is a Sith world.

Although who knows about Kooriban.
Black Lives Matter.
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

El Guapo wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2018 2:44 pm  RMC 

Feels a bit like he's playing this a little too calculated to date. He's giving me the heebie jeebies.

Plus I saw lightning coming out of his fingers.
Insightful point here.
Black Lives Matter.
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

Lassr wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2018 10:37 am
Unagi wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2018 10:31 am So, when I wasn't killed this morning - it struck me that a wolf Remus (like in the last game I played) would not kill me in the night at all, and would instead just wait and press for it today. (* Which arguably makes WAY more sense than yesterday).
Unless a seer steps forward and says you are a wolf, you will not get a vote from me today. Whether you want to admit it or not, you do have an uncanny ability to identify wolves. I saw it in one the last games I ran, you were on them until self doubt started creeping in.

I'll also let Newcastle's Bad Unagi detector work a bit also.
Interesting.
Black Lives Matter.
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

Moliere wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2018 12:06 pm  Zarathud 

Welcome to the galaxy far far away.
Morliere posts a couple pictures on day 2, then parks a vote.
Black Lives Matter.
Moliere

Post by Moliere »

El Guapo wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2018 11:38 am
Moliere wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2018 11:30 am  Scoop20906 

Moliere says almost nothing day 1 (probably when I couldn't remember the log-on for that account), but does pop in to Scoop Scoop.
I scoop Scoop in order to not have him competing against me for future scoops. Plus it's Scoop. Who wouldn't want to scoop Scoop if given the chance to scoop the Scoopmeister?
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

RMC wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2018 5:31 pm I have been sitting back and reading, and poking fun this whole game. I think that this is one of those slow burns, as we don't have any newbies per se.

The first few games you play you are all right up in people's grills and defending yourself, or outing yourself. This game started and the non-wolf's are already looking around at everyone, and the wolves are looking at each other, and realize that one misstep puts them 50% of the way to losing.

So I think this game will be very slow, and people will be posting less.

With that said, I guess we can't leave space for people to hide in the silence, so Remus West is right on that account. :)

My top three guesses are:

El Guapo
Remus West

And an outside shot would be : Zarathud

I am not sure on any of those, it's all gut. I think Remus is playing his helpful self, trying to become the leader to get us to lynch people while secretly laughing at us as we are manipulated. :)

El Guapo is just because, he is usually more animated overall. But then again, I thought Scoop was off.
Enlarge Image

Also not totally sure that RMC can count.
Black Lives Matter.
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

Lassr wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2018 3:48 pm List of suspects that have my interest.
RMC-obviously. His voting for Remus after I remind him he usually votes for Remus and his joke about resembling a remark about him being the devil. Like Unagi said, I think he enjoys being a wolf and he may be playing with us with his joking style.
Remus/Unagi-I don't think both are wolves, that back and forth does not appear contrived but one could be.
Then the quieter players (Zarathud, Holman, Punisher)-one of which could be the wolf seer lying low...
Interesting.
Black Lives Matter.
El Guapo

Re: Star Wars - Revenge of the Sith - Night 2

Post by El Guapo »

Lassr wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2018 12:25 pm
RMC wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2018 12:20 pm
Lassr wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2018 12:12 pm Disappointing.

I still do not believe Unagi is a wolf though.
We have to see what the wolves do tonight.
obviously, I just wanted my opinion out there before day breaks.
Interesting that Lassr was pretty firm on Unagi on day 2. Though possible that he and Holman basically just decided to do opposite sides of the big Unagi - Remus divide.
Black Lives Matter.
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

Moliere wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2018 10:06 am
bb2112 wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2018 9:33 am Zaracastle is DEAD!

Enlarge Image

Pretty standard Moliere post.
Black Lives Matter.
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

El Guapo wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2018 12:05 pm
Moliere wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2018 10:06 am
bb2112 wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2018 9:33 am Zaracastle is DEAD!

Enlarge Image

Pretty standard Moliere post.

Also #JoffreyWasRight.
Black Lives Matter.
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

RMC wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2018 11:39 am Well, I think Holman is a wolf now.

If it is not Unagi, and I know it is not me. Then it has to be Holman as one of them.
Interesting. Fairly early on day 3.
Black Lives Matter.
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

El Guapo wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2018 3:27 pm
Moliere wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 6:22 pm When ElGuapo#1 didn't work I realized I might be stuck in this Moliere profile.

And to make it a 3 way 1 vote race:

Lassr 

It's ElGuapoIs#1.

Also, what exactly is the utility of making it a 3-way 1 vote race? Do you think Lassr is a wolf?
Another insightful point.
Black Lives Matter.
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

Unagi wrote: Fri Feb 23, 2018 12:37 pm Yeah, Holman and Lassr have me concerned.

Lassr is in a really sweet spot (and I don't like that).
Interesting.
Black Lives Matter.
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

Holman wrote: Fri Feb 23, 2018 1:36 pm I never feel confident enough to have a read on everyone, but right now my top suspects would be RMC and then Moliere.

I guess I'm willing to trust Punisher and thus Unagi, except there's part of me that -really- doesn't want to. I'm still not convinced that a Seer would have picked Vorret on Night One, and calling Unagi a villager could easily (if he is a villager) be just a bid for his trust. Plus it's a little odd to me that Unagi has not addressed that angle.

The lack of a counter-claim doesn't clear Punisher like it might in a larger field. This has been a smallish game from the beginning.

Holman wrote: Fri Feb 23, 2018 1:38 pm For "why Moliere?" see all his recent posts. He's really just joking around like he's trying to keep his hand in while saying nothing.
Interesting.
Black Lives Matter.
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

Lassr wrote: Fri Feb 23, 2018 12:55 pm I still believe RMC is the top choice.
Holman or Moliere is next.
Black Lives Matter.
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

Moliere wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2018 10:45 am
Sounds like it's time for me to scoop again.
 withdraw Lassr 

Holman 

Moliere scoops Holman.
Black Lives Matter.
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

RMC wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2018 4:45 pm
Lassr wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2018 2:09 pm From my point of view RMC or Moliere. (or Punisher but I know we don't want to go down that road)

I have been voting RMC each day but I can see where Moliere could be it. He has not stirred the pot much just like Holman.
No good karma for my pick of Holman?

I am 100% behind supporting voting Lassr.

I think we have a 50-50 chance, and if someone wants to claim protector, now is a great time. Not that I am sure we would believe you, but claim away.
I'm assuming that the protector is dead at this point, but what's the value of them coming out at this point if they're alive? Can't really prove themselves, right?
Black Lives Matter.
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

I guess right now, having re-read the thread (finally), my order of suspicion is:

Moliere
Lassr
RMC

Miscellaneous

Also if RMC turns out to be the final wolf (entirely possible), I'm just going to go ahead and adopt the George Costanza method of picking wolves for the next game.
Black Lives Matter.
RMC

Post by RMC »

El Guapo wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2018 12:31 pm
Lassr wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2018 2:09 pm From my point of view RMC or Moliere. (or Punisher but I know we don't want to go down that road)

I have been voting RMC each day but I can see where Moliere could be it. He has not stirred the pot much just like Holman.

I think we have a 50-50 chance, and if someone wants to claim protector, now is a great time. Not that I am sure we would believe you, but claim away.
I'm assuming that the protector is dead at this point, but what's the value of them coming out at this point if they're alive? Can't really prove themselves, right?
Can't prove themselves and will sow chaos to some extent. I am guessing the protector is dead, or is keeping silent to be able to play the game of whom to protect better.
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

El Guapo wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2018 12:37 pm
George Costanza
still one of my favorite episodes. :lol:

Black Lives Matter
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

RMC wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2018 12:37 pm
El Guapo wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2018 12:31 pm

Can't prove themselves and will sow chaos to some extent. I am guessing the protector is dead, or is keeping silent to be able to play the game of whom to protect better.
If the protector is still alive and they came out it would just look like a wolf trying to look good. Unless it's El Guapo, then it would really not prove anything since Punisher has scanned him.

Black Lives Matter
bb2112
End of Days
Location: Knowledge! It is almost as important as money, luck, and family connections.

Post by bb2112 »

Day 4 Votes

1. El Guapo -------->
2. Moliere ----------> Lassr
3. RMC -------------->
4. Punisher --------->
5. Lassr -------------> Moliere

Votes:
1 Moliere ------------> Lassr
1 Lassr ---------------> Moliere

3 Votes Needed

Dead:
Isgrimnur
Chaosraven
Newthud
Grundbegriff
Stessier
Lord Mortis
Revhempus
Archinerd
Purge
Semaj
Tru1cy
Lagom Lite
Triggercut
Theohall
Pr0ner
Mr. Bubbles
Coopasonic
Austin
Redrun
Patriots
Scoop20906 - T-Balled
Vorret - Looking Around
Remus West - Headshot
Zaracastle - Crushed
Holman - Slitted
Unagi - Headless

Deadline:
Deadline: Tuesday March 6th, 9PM
That's no reason to cry. One cries because one is sad. For example, I cry because others are stupid, and that makes me sad.
Why would I stab an Oracle? Wait, what am I saying? Why wouldn't I stab an Oracle? - Belkar Bitterleaf
BCY4920 - You can suck it Johnny Angel.
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

Might as well go ahead with this, then.

Moliere 

I suppose I could just login and look at his old PMs, but who has that kind of time.
Black Lives Matter.
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

Moliere, you want to jump in and scoop this one? :P

Black Lives Matter