Vanilla WW. Game over.

This is the place for self-contained forum games

Moderator: Zaxxon

Punisher

Re: Vanilla WW. Day 2 or 1 depending on where your zero is.

Post by Punisher »

Newcastle wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2018 12:54 pm I'm the seer

lassr is innocent

good night and good luck
Damn. Sorry... I really thought you were off this game.
All yourLightning Bolts are Belong to Us
Newcastle

Post by Newcastle »

I was playing with fire, i was trying to avoid the lynch and thought i could. But, well i didn't. I wanted to get a second scan in and break the game open.
Bayraktar!!!!

Trump and the GOP; putting the banana in our Republic.
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

Holman wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2018 12:47 pm
Newcastle's reaction to being at N-1 seems *completely* disingenuous to me, BTW. There's something just too performative about it.
that is how I have felt, but Newcastle hates to die early, wolf or not.
The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.

Black Lives Matter
Newcastle

Post by Newcastle »

I really think i should not "play" anymore on day 1 and 2, since my engagement seems to be a passport to lynchville. alas.
Bayraktar!!!!

Newcastle

Post by Newcastle »

Lassr wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2018 12:58 pm
Newcastle's reaction to being at N-1 seems *completely* disingenuous to me, BTW. There's something just too performative about it.
yeah its cuz i cant seem to last past day 2 in the last 2 years or so. i mean them's the breaks i get it.
Bayraktar!!!!

Newcastle

Post by Newcastle »

Hmm, while i am here, maybe i shoudl think it through a bit more and toss a few logs on the fire.

1. What if BB & ELG were both in cahoots and the day 1 squabble was indeed a set up?
2. I kind of am believing holman's excuse.
3. Scoop still seems a bit muted, but probably innocent
4. I think you'll find our wolves in Elg & Punisher; quite possibly BB.

I assume they'll kill Lassr tonight.
Bayraktar!!!!

Punisher

Post by Punisher »

Uh, doesn't everyone hate dieing early? I know I did, especially since it happened in my first 2 games.. Didn't really get a chance to play that much in those 2.
Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

Newcastle wrote:I really think i should not "play" anymore on day 1 and 2, since my engagement seems to be a passport to lynchville. alas.
Hey. I thought you were stiring the pot perfectly. I just did not think you were the Seer since most play it low key when they are. At least we got your scan. If you had annouced you'd be dead over night anyway. It was a calculated risk. If we had a protector you'd have handled it differently.
Scoop. Makeup and hair are fabulous. - Qantaga

Xbox Gamertag: Scoop20906
Steam: Scoop20906
Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

Lassr you might as well dump your threat list now too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Newcastle

Post by Newcastle »

Scoop20906 wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2018 1:01 pm
Newcastle wrote:I really think i should not "play" anymore on day 1 and 2, since my engagement seems to be a passport to lynchville. alas.
Hey. I thought you were stiring the pot perfectly. I just did not think you were the Seer since most play it low key when they are. At least we got your scan. If you had annouced you'd be dead over night anyway. It was a calculated risk. If we had a protector you'd have handled it differently.
thanks scoop. yeah but we cant get a directed lynch in today had i unveiled. Which was the gamble.
Bayraktar!!!!

Lassr

Post by Lassr »

Newcastle wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2018 12:58 pm
yeah its cuz i cant seem to last past day 2 in the last 2 years or so. i mean them's the breaks i get it.
It crossed my mind you may be seer when you painted me as good but something seemed off. Seer off, not wolf off though. Eh, sorry. :wub: You are entertaining in these games. So wolves take me now and let Newcastle play one more day!
The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.

Black Lives Matter
Holman

Post by Holman »

Since Lassr is clean, my top suspects are El G and BB.

I don't think a wolf would have swept in for the Scoop the way Punisher did, but I could be wrong.
Much prefer my Nazis Nuremberged.
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

Lassr wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2018 1:06 pm
It crossed my mind you may be seer when you painted me as good but something seemed off. Seer off, not wolf off though. Eh, sorry. :wub: You are entertaining in these games. So wolves take me now and let Newcastle play one more day!
I had just been coming to post that Newcastle hadn't actually said anything about his role in his posts, which suggested either special (so seer) or wolf.
Black Lives Matter.
Newcastle

Post by Newcastle »

yeah i was hoping you'd reconsider. I even had a whole roleplay with me hugging your knees..but meh, i do have some pride.
Bayraktar!!!!

Lassr

Post by Lassr »

BB, Punisher.....El Guapo

Black Lives Matter
Newcastle

Post by Newcastle »

El Guapo wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2018 1:10 pm
I had just been coming to post that Newcastle hadn't actually said anything about his role in his posts, which suggested either special (so seer) or wolf.
i generally dont, because its dumb if you are a villager to give up your role. Because as a unpowered villager i tend to view that role as a fog of war against the wolves.Kind of a pawn protecting a kngiht.
Bayraktar!!!!

El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

Holman wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2018 1:06 pm Since Lassr is clean, my top suspects are El G and BB.

I don't think a wolf would have swept in for the Scoop the way Punisher did, but I could be wrong.
I dunno. Since the wolves would know that Newcastle wasn't a wolf, his lack of disclaiming a role would probably scream seer to them. And Punisher's arguably well positioned to be the kill vote, since he (being relatively new) could claim the bumbling newb-type role.

On the other hand, arguably the better play would be to pull their votes, try to get someone else lynched, and then night kill Newcastle.
Black Lives Matter.
Holman

Post by Holman »

BTW, Newcastle, when I called "disingenuous" I meant nothing insulting. There just seemed to be an element of hiding something (like, well, being a wolf and hopefully not the seer).
Newcastle

Post by Newcastle »

serious top suspect is punisher though; i really dont liek his day 1 posts. Put the heat on him please.
Bayraktar!!!!

Newcastle

Post by Newcastle »

Holman wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2018 1:13 pm BTW, Newcastle, when I called "disingenuous" I meant nothing insulting. There just seemed to be an element of hiding something (like, well, being a wolf and hopefully not the seer).
no offense taken. It was over teh top playacting. i take no offense of anything in this game anymore. outside of being an early lynch. :D
Bayraktar!!!!

Lassr

Post by Lassr »

Newcastle wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2018 1:11 pm
yeah i was hoping you'd reconsider. I even had a whole roleplay with me hugging your knees..but meh, i do have some pride.
DIdn't have time, Punisher pounced quickly. I was taking No Fear Act online training and it took an hour so I was distracted and didn't realize you were lynched when I had posted earlier.

Black Lives Matter
Remus West

Re: Vanilla WW. Night 1.

Post by Remus West »

1. vorret - ripped open
2. bb2112 - El Guapo, Newcastle
3. newcastle - punisher, scoop, El Guapo
4. punisher - Newcastle
5. scoop - bb2112
6. Moliere - shot open
7. Lassr - El Guapo, Newcastle
8. Holman - bb2112
9. El Guapo - Newcastle

Majority is 4

bb2112 - 2
Newcastle - 4

Any errors I'm certain you all will point them out politely. :P

Voting is Closed. Newcastle is dead. Write up coming soon.
“As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.” - H.L. Mencken
Newcastle

Post by Newcastle »

:cry:
:binky: :pop: :binky:
:horse:
Bayraktar!!!!

Lassr

Post by Lassr »

Wish we had 10 players and start with a night kill. These small games the seer does not have much time to operate. Ideally the seer would come out the day before the last day so we can believe him. With us starting with a lynch he had no scans until last night. If he lived and revealed tomorrow we would have a hard time deciding if he was real or not.

SO, if Newcastle is the seer, then tomorrow is our last day with 2 wolves alive.

Black Lives Matter
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

So could Punisher have been the Alpha and chose BB since BB played a masterful game a few games back and Punisher wanted that experience to help him?

Black Lives Matter
bb2112
End of Days
Location: Knowledge! It is almost as important as money, luck, and family connections.

Post by bb2112 »

Damnit. That is what I was worried about. I was pretty sure Newcastle was a special with his play, I was just hoping he was an evil special. :x
That's no reason to cry. One cries because one is sad. For example, I cry because others are stupid, and that makes me sad.
Why would I stab an Oracle? Wait, what am I saying? Why wouldn't I stab an Oracle? - Belkar Bitterleaf
BCY4920 - You can suck it Johnny Angel.
Punisher

Post by Punisher »

El Guapo wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2018 1:12 pm
Holman wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2018 1:06 pm Since Lassr is clean, my top suspects are El G and BB.

I dunno. Since the wolves would know that Newcastle wasn't a wolf, his lack of disclaiming a role would probably scream seer to them. And Punisher's arguably well positioned to be the kill vote, since he (being relatively new) could claim the bumbling newb-type role.

On the other hand, arguably the better play would be to pull their votes, try to get someone else lynched, and then night kill Newcastle.
I don't claim that this was a bumbling new guy move... I just didn't feel right about him. He kept mentioning my "laissez-faire attitude" even though as I mentioned, that's been my play style since game 1. That's not an abnormal tell of some kind, it's a normal thing. I figured he was a wolf trying to put pressure on me in case I was the seer (I have only been a special twice so far I believe). That push was what pushed me to vote for him.
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

Sorry for being so busy. Life is intruding (which is why I offered to run this rather than trying to get someone else to do it so I could play).

Newcastle's life is cut short by the moderator's busy schedule causing a knife to appear in his chest. He crumples over dead. Human to the end.

Newcastle was not a wolf.

Wolves, who shall you kill?
Seer, who shall you scan?
“As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.” - H.L. Mencken
Lassr

Re: Vanilla WW. Night 2

Post by Lassr »

Well, guess Remus took Newcastle instead of me so good luck. I have no definite leads. Be nice if my first guess of BB & El Guapo were right.

Punisher slipped into the top 3 with his kill move.

Black Lives Matter
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

Ha! Just noticed I said wolves take me now, I meant moderator take me now...

Black Lives Matter
Punisher

Post by Punisher »

Lassr wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2018 4:41 pm Well, guess Remus took Newcastle instead of me so good luck. I have no definite leads. Be nice if my first guess of BB & El Guapo were right.

Geez.. Newcastle wants to off me for being laissez-faire and you move me up on the list because I made a move..
WOPR was right..
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

Punisher wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2018 4:49 pm
Lassr wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2018 4:41 pm Well, guess Remus took Newcastle instead of me so good luck. I have no definite leads. Be nice if my first guess of BB & El Guapo were right.

Geez.. Newcastle wants to off me for being laissez-faire and you move me up on the list because I made a move..
WOPR was right..
You made a move, and it sounded like you used Newcastle laissez-faire as an excuse to get the kill. May be legit, may be a wolf move. We'll know in hindsight.

Black Lives Matter
Newcastle

Post by Newcastle »

Bayraktar!!!!

Punisher

Post by Punisher »

Lassr wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2018 5:13 pm
Punisher wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2018 4:49 pm

WOPR was right..
You made a move, and it sounded like you used Newcastle laissez-faire as an excuse to get the kill. May be legit, may be a wolf move. We'll know in hindsight.
I guarantee you it was a legit reason on my part. just doesn't make sense to use someone's normal behavior as a reason to make them sound wolfish. But, to be fair, I don't think there have been many true tells or obvious things in this game so you need to deduce with what you have.
Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

Newcastle wrote:Image
He's still moving...

El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

Enlarge Image

*I'm* the seer!
Black Lives Matter.
Holman

Post by Holman »

El Guapo wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2018 5:51 pm Enlarge Image

*I'm* the seer!
I'm seeing Spartacus but I'm thinking "Scoop off his leash."
Punisher

Post by Punisher »

Holman wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2018 7:59 pm

*I'm* the seer!
The funny thing is that you think Scoop even had a leash.
Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

Holman wrote:

*I'm* the seer!
https://youtu.be/SaV-6qerkqI

Lassr

Post by Lassr »

stayed awake all night with my silver bullets and nothing; getting really sleepy now though.

Black Lives Matter