Post by Isgrimnur »

July 05, 2019
Spider-Man: Far From Home (my thread)

nine more films running through 2022.

05/08/19 - BGR
07/23/22 - IGN
12/18/23 - Deadline
12/19/23 - Koimoi
  • July 9th, 2021 - Black Widow (Grifman's thread)
  • September 3rd, 2021 - Shang-Chi and the Legend of the 10 Rings (My thread)
  • November 5, 2021 - Eternals (My thread)
  • May 6, 2022 - Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness (Hrothgar's thread)
  • July 8, 2022 - Thor: Love and Thunder (My thread)
  • November 11, 2022 - Black Panther: Wakanda Forever (My thread)
Now Phase 5
  • February 17, 2023 - Ant-Man and the Wasp: Quantumania (Daehawk's thread)
  • May 5, 2023 - Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3 (Smoove's thread)
  • November 10, 2023 - The Marvels (Captain Marvel 2) (My thread)
  • July 26, 2024 - Deadpool 3
  • February 14, 2025 - Captain America: Brave New World Order
  • December 20, 2024 - Thunderbolts
  • February 14, 2025 - Blade (My thread)
  • May 20, 2025 - Fantastic Four
Last edited by Isgrimnur on Tue Dec 19, 2023 6:40 pm, edited 27 times in total.
It's almost as if people are the problem.
Pyperkub

Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe: Phase Four

Post by Pyperkub »

So here's a question, how did Deadpool end up with Fox. Is he consisted part of the X-men,and came over with those rights?
Black Lives definitely Matter Lorini!

Also: There are three ways to not tell the truth: lies, damned lies, and statistics.
WarPig

Post by WarPig »

As I understand it, Fox owns the concept and word "mutant" as it pertains to the Marvel Universe. Deadpool is considered a mutant, so Fox got the rights.
"Your test assignment will vary depending on the manner in which you have bent the world to your will." - Cave Johnson
gameoverman

Post by gameoverman »

It's amazing Spider-Man gets to kick off the next phase of Marvel movies. Sony working with Disney/Marvel was once a pipedream, maybe if the results of this team up are big enough, others like Fox will want to join in. I realize Fox is doing fairly well for themselves, Fantastic Four being the exception, but no movie studio will turn it's back on MORE money.

If Marvel and Sony get to the point where billion dollar movies are the baseline for them, Fox won't ignore that in favor of 800 million dollar movies.

Then how long will it take for DC and Marvel to team up for the ultimate crossover? Imagine Superman vs Hulk, Batman vs Spider-Man, Wonder Woman vs Thor!
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

And yet I still see no mention of a Paste Pot Pete film. :cry:
Covfefe!
Holman

Post by Holman »

I'm holding out for Fearless Fosdick.
Much prefer my Nazis Nuremberged.
Jaymon

Post by Jaymon »

Batman vs Spiderman would be an interesting fight. Thor vs Wonder Woman would be an interesting fight.
Superman vs Hulk would not be an interesting fight. Maybe it will be "easily outsmarted by a normal human" Superman who shows up, in which case, they just take turns punching each other until somebody more interesting intercedes. If its "I remember that I have other powers besides punching" Superman, then its a trivial fight in Supermans favor.
Bunnies like beer because its made from hops.
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

hepcat wrote:And yet I still see no mention of a Paste Pot Pete film. :cry:
They probably lost your last 20 manuscripts in the mail. I would re-send.
Black Lives Matter.
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

Jaymon wrote:Batman vs Spiderman would be an interesting fight. Thor vs Wonder Woman would be an interesting fight.
Superman vs Hulk would not be an interesting fight. Maybe it will be "easily outsmarted by a normal human" Superman who shows up, in which case, they just take turns punching each other until somebody more interesting intercedes. If its "I remember that I have other powers besides punching" Superman, then its a trivial fight in Supermans favor.
Unless it is "I can break planets in half" Hulk that shows up.
(˙pǝsɹǝʌǝɹ uǝǝq sɐɥ ʎʇıʌɐɹƃ ʃɐuosɹǝd ʎW)
stessier

Post by stessier »

Batman vs Black Panther would be interesting. Also Batman vs Ironman.
I require a reminder as to why raining arcane destruction is not an appropriate response to all of life's indignities. - Vaarsuvius
Global Steam Wishmaslist Tracking
Running____2014: 1300.55 miles____2015: 2036.13 miles____2016: 1012.75 miles____2017: 1105.82 miles____2018: 1318.91 miles__2019: 2000.00 miles
Scuzz

Post by Scuzz »

What about Bizarro Avengers versus regular Avengers?
Black Lives Matter
Punisher

Post by Punisher »

Jaymon wrote:Batman vs Spiderman would be an interesting fight. Thor vs Wonder Woman would be an interesting fight.
Batman Vs Spiderman= Batman wins.. Spidey just doesn't have the tactical knowledge Batman does and Batman can overwhelm his Spidey sense
Thor Vs WW= hard cal.. could go either way..
Supes Vs Hulk= if the fight has to continue until someone is down, then Hulk wins.. He can't be killed and hurting him is hard, plus he is similar to doomsday who has killed Supes... Plus Hulk is strongest one there is!
All yourLightning Bolts are Belong to Us
Bakhtosh
Forum Moderator

Post by Bakhtosh »

Punisher wrote:
Supes Vs Hulk= if the fight has to continue until someone is down, then Hulk wins.. He can't be killed and hurting him is hard, plus he is similar to doomsday who has killed Supes... Plus Hulk is strongest one there is!
Grab him and fly into space...then it's just a matter of sending him into the sun/deep space. Hulk can't propel himself without something to push off of - even if he could survive the cold/lack of air. He doesn't even have to grab him - hit him while he's mid-jump.
“I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery.” -Thomas Jefferson
Finding Red Riding Hood well-armed, the wolf calls for more gun control.
sgoldj

Post by sgoldj »

Marvel Phase 5 + DCEU phase 2 :The Amalgam Age of Movies

A Marvel/DC set of fights followed by a SuperSoldier, DarkClaw, Amazon, and SpiderBoy movie.

Worth it to see Wonder Woman pick up Mjolnir and toss it away becasue it wouldn't be fair to use it.

Let the private funding BEGIN :horse:
killbot737

Post by killbot737 »

Bakhtosh wrote:
Punisher wrote:
Grab him and fly into space...then it's just a matter of sending him into the sun/deep space. Hulk can't propel himself without something to push off of - even if he could survive the cold/lack of air. He doesn't even have to grab him - hit him while he's mid-jump.
All to Kal's peril, because Hulk eventually comes back with a planet's worth of warriors which he conquered by himself. There are books about it and everything.
There is no hug button. Sad!
DD*

Post by DD* »

Are you a prostitute Rip? Because you blow the margins more than a $5 hooker. -rshetts2

Much like bravery is acting in spite of fear, being a functioning adult is acting responsibly in the face of temptation. -Isg
Bakhtosh
Forum Moderator

Post by Bakhtosh »

Gotta aim for the nearest black hole...
“I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery.” -Thomas Jefferson
Finding Red Riding Hood well-armed, the wolf calls for more gun control.
Moliere

Post by Moliere »

21st Century Fox has been holding talks to sell most of the company to Disney

Combining the Marvel and X-Men universes? Good luck lining up those timelines.
"The world is suffering more today from the good people who want to mind other men's business than it is from the bad people who are willing to let everybody look after their own individual affairs." - Clarence Darrow
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

The two sides are not currently talking at this very moment, sources said.
Moliere

Post by Moliere »

Isgrimnur wrote: Mon Nov 06, 2017 6:27 pm
The two sides are not currently talking at this very moment, sources said.
That is code for all the Executives to get their stock purchases lined up before it becomes official.
"The world is suffering more today from the good people who want to mind other men's business than it is from the bad people who are willing to let everybody look after their own individual affairs." - Clarence Darrow
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Pretty much.

I would kill to see Disney buy out Fox News and completely gut it.
Moliere

Post by Moliere »

Isgrimnur wrote: Mon Nov 06, 2017 6:32 pm I would kill to see Disney buy out Fox News and completely gut it.
That doesn't make a lot of business sense considering their ratings. News has become entertainment and Fox is better at it than CNN.

Enlarge Image
Moliere

Post by Moliere »

The Atlantic chimes in.
Disney was recently in talks to buy 21st Century Fox, with the exception of its news and live-sports divisions, according to reporting by CNBC. The negotiations are not currently active (they may resume), but the simple fact that two of the country’s largest entertainment conglomerates are discussing a partial merger is a significant development for the TV and film industry, where legacy companies are pushing back against the inexorable rise of Netflix’s global business.

Beyond its storied animated films and amusement parks, Disney’s empire includes the Marvel franchise, Star Wars, Pixar, ESPN, the Disney Channel, and ABC. The rumored deal would include 21st Century Fox’s cable networks (like FX), its film and TV studio (which owns the rights to the X-Men franchise), and Sky, an enormous British pay-TV company. To borrow a metaphor from the Marvel universe, the deal would take Disney from Captain America to the Hulk, potentially transforming an historic American icon into a behemoth with problematic competitor-smashing tendencies.

Disney is planning to launch several streaming services in the next two years, as it pulls its content from Netflix to build a direct competitor. Such a Disneyflix product with the library described above would be exhaustive, satisfying both young families and movie buffs.

It might also be illegal.
Punisher

Post by Punisher »

Moliere wrote: Mon Nov 06, 2017 6:20 pm 21st Century Fox has been holding talks to sell most of the company to Disney

Combining the Marvel and X-Men universes? Good luck lining up those timelines.
I know.. McAvoy or Stewart? I always get those timelines confused...

But seriously, I can see them just rebooting the Fox movies..except for Deadpool..
All yourLightning Bolts are Belong to Us
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

Oh man, we could have a Wolverine vs. Scrooge McDuck in the future! :dance:
Covfefe!
LawBeefaroni
Forum Moderator

Post by LawBeefaroni »

Moliere wrote: Mon Nov 06, 2017 6:37 pm
Isgrimnur wrote: Mon Nov 06, 2017 6:32 pm I would kill to see Disney buy out Fox News and completely gut it.
That doesn't make a lot of business sense considering their ratings. News has become entertainment and Fox is better at it than CNN.

Enlarge Image
Fwiw, Disney wouldn't get Fox sports, fox news, Fox network, or any of the local affiliates. Any one of those would make regulatory approval more difficult. And they don't want any of it anyway. Disney wants content and the international assets. Fox wants to focus on news and sports.
" Hey OP, listen to my advice alright." -Tha General
"No scientific discovery is named after its original discoverer." -Stigler's Law of Eponymy, discovered by Robert K. Merton

MYT
gameoverman

Post by gameoverman »

If this happens then if I was in charge I'd just toss out all the stuff that's happened before and start from scratch. Yes, I mean reboot everything! EVERYTHING!

I'd still use the key actors, but I'd just pretend the other movies never happened. They have the profits from those movies, that's all that matters. Then they could start writing the new movies with the ability to include all these new characters from the start. You know how at first it was 'this is an Iron Man movie, this is a Thor movie, and the Avengers movie is where we see all of them together'? Screw that!

From the moment they gain the Fox franchises back, every movie could be like Civil War, a movie with multiple main characters. They'd have so many characters to use that they could mix and match for years without anyone seeing the same combo in a movie twice.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Spoiler:
Shareholders have approved the Disney-Fox merger.
Hamlet3145

Post by Hamlet3145 »

Isgrimnur wrote: Fri Jul 27, 2018 10:58 am
Spoiler:
Shareholders have approved the Disney-Fox merger.
Boom goes the dynamite. Maybe now we can get a Galactus that doesn't look like a giant space fart
GargoyleBoy

Post by GargoyleBoy »

Boom goes the dynamite. Maybe now we can get a Galactus that doesn't look like a giant space fart
If that's how you saw Galactus, that says more about you than about Galactus. ;)
"Never write anything unless you wanted it copied and handed around. Don't speak to two people unless you are physically strong and fast enough to catch and kill both of them with bare hands." -Tareeq
"His elbow commands the sun! Bow before him!" -Two Sheds
Hamlet3145

Post by Hamlet3145 »

GargoyleBoy wrote: Fri Jul 27, 2018 1:59 pm
If that's how you saw Galactus, that says more about you than about Galactus. ;)
:lol: Duly noted.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

CNN
Disney's $71 billion deal to buy most of 21st Century Fox will take effect on Wednesday, March 20, the companies said Tuesday morning.

It will be an epochal event in the entertainment business — the merging of two movie studios and the end of Fox as we all knew it.

Staffers at the 20th Century Fox studio are bracing for layoffs and other big changes.

Disney (DIS) is picking up the studio, a controlling stake in Hulu, a suite of entertainment channels like FX and Nat Geo, and other assets.

The remaining parts of 21st Century Fox (FOX) will be spun off into a new company simply known as Fox. It will include the Fox broadcast network, Fox News and Fox Sports.
Buatha

Post by Buatha »

I'm not sure how the Marvel lawyers ever allowed such open-ended agreements for their characters.

I know they were going through some tough times, but letting Sony keep Spider-Man as long as they kept using him in movies? Allowing a broad definition of "mutant" to cover their characters?
"Some people say never...I just say no"
JCC

Post by JCC »

I think Marvel had serious money issues when those deals were made. I recently read an article saying Marvel put the IP rights to many of their characters up as collateral to get Iron Man made. Had it failed, the rights to those characters would have possibly been auctioned off one at a time. It's likely the MCU wouldn't exist (at least not as we know it). Obiviously the gamble paid off.
Black Lives Matter

"You know, the very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common: they don't alter their views to fit the facts; they alter the facts to fit their views." - The 4th Doctor
McNutt

Post by McNutt »

GargoyleBoy wrote: Fri Jul 27, 2018 1:59 pm

A dream to some. A giant space fart to others!
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

Before the MCU, Marvel was a dinosaur in an industry that was essentially dead. Nobody cared about comics, and the companies that owned them only had IP that wasn't worth much. Marvel in the late 90s through the early 2000s was a company that was one hiccup away from vanishing.
(˙pǝsɹǝʌǝɹ uǝǝq sɐɥ ʎʇıʌɐɹƃ ʃɐuosɹǝd ʎW)
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

Blackhawk wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2019 1:49 pm Before the MCU, Marvel was a dinosaur in an industry that was essentially dead. Nobody cared about comics, and the companies that owned them only had IP that wasn't worth much. Marvel in the late 90s through the early 2000s was a company that was one hiccup away from vanishing.
That is weird to me. Not to say it isn't true but it always felt like Sony were paying to keep spider-man rights for years and years and the Blade movies got made and X Men movies were in the works with some big names.

Outside of Marvel, comic movies were breaking new ground or popping up everywhere, Tank Girl being my favorite, and as much as I didn't care for it, Burton's Batman being a huge hit while something like Unbreakable was experimenting (well for money) with a new lens without existing source material to pull from.

It's hard for me as a 1990s fanboi seeing a comic book revival on the outside being able to comprehend that Marvel could have been at an existential crossroads.
hitbyambulance

Post by hitbyambulance »

Blackhawk wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2019 1:49 pm Before the MCU, Marvel was a dinosaur in an industry that was essentially dead. Nobody cared about comics, and the companies that owned them only had IP that wasn't worth much. Marvel in the late 90s through the early 2000s was a company that was one hiccup away from vanishing.
just like Apple! but yeah, i remember this.

i personally stopped reading Marvel after Todd MacFarlane was MacFarlane-ing it up all over the place in the early 90s.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »