Walking Dead - Game over Infected Win

This is the place for self-contained forum games

Moderator: Zaxxon

Remus West

Re: Walking Dead DAY 5

Post by Remus West »

Also, stessier is not only saving himself as a wolf he is also a voice and vote of misinformation.
“As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.” - H.L. Mencken
Archinerd

Post by Archinerd »

stessier wrote:Also of note, tonight I will learn what Unagi was. If the wolves don't want that information known, I would be a logical snack for tonight. If they do let it be known, you'll have plenty of time to lynch me tomorrow and thus judge the veracity of my claims.
I'm trying to figure out how that information might at all be useful and I'm not coming up with much. Just that it might tell us if Unagi was the traitor or not. It's of some value (any information helps) but it really comes across more as a threat.
Archinerd

Post by Archinerd »

Holman wrote:They picked Izzy because he's a good player with a long history. Punisher is still new, and I've never really distinguished myself as a threat to the wolves.
I think you're right on this, I can't find anyting in Izzy's posts that make him an obvious target.
Archinerd

Post by Archinerd »

Remus West wrote:Also, stessier is not only saving himself as a wolf he is also a voice and vote of misinformation.
Are you referencing something specific or is this more of a general comment regarding how a living wolf can influence the conversation and vote?
Archinerd

Post by Archinerd »

Remus West wrote:Also, stessier is not only saving himself as a wolf he is also a voice and vote of misinformation.
Are you referencing something specific or is this more of a general comment regarding how a living wolf can influence the conversation and vote?
Zarathud

Post by Zarathud »

Why ignore Moliere flying under the radar?

Just answer that for me. My bet is the wolves have been hiding after Scoop, and voting on the misses.
"If the facts don't fit the theory, change the facts." - Albert Einstein
"I don't stand by anything." - Trump
“Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.” - John Stuart Mill, Inaugural Address Delivered to the University of St Andrews, 2/1/1867
“It is the impractical things in this tumultuous hell-scape of a world that matter most. A book, a name, chicken soup. They help us remember that, even in our darkest hour, life is still to be savored.” - Poe, Altered Carbon
Newcastle

Re: Walking Dead NIGHT 2

Post by Newcastle »

DAY 5 VOTES

VOTE TARGET - Votes Cast

Archinerd (1) - Zarathud,
Stessier (1) - Remus West,

Not Voted
Punisher, Archinerd, Moliere, BB2112, Stessier, Holman,

Majority is 5

TIME LIMITS: Day 5 will end on Wednesday July 12th, at 6pm PST (9EST)

Note - Day 6 will be approximately 6 calendar days.

If there are any issues, give me a holler

The living
1. Archinerd
2. Holman
3. BB2112
4. Punisher
5. Moliere
6. Zarathud
7. Remus West
8. Stessier

THE DEAD
Chaosraven – Raving all night long
Scoop – SPLAT!
Lassr – Hugger of Beemer walker
Unagi - Tasty Walker Morsel Treat
El Guapo - Bulldozing away.
RMC - Met Rick's Python
Vorret - Mechanic Mike’s munchable
Isgrinmur – Bay door blues
Bayraktar!!!!

Trump and the GOP; putting the banana in our Republic.
stessier

Post by stessier »

Remus West wrote:stessier, what were you told about RMC?
stessier wrote:FWIW, RMC was Mr. Splodie. I'm pretty sure it doesn't change the math, but it's nice to know the Shooter hit his designated target.
I require a reminder as to why raining arcane destruction is not an appropriate response to all of life's indignities. - Vaarsuvius
Global Steam Wishmaslist Tracking
Running____2014: 1300.55 miles____2015: 2036.13 miles____2016: 1012.75 miles____2017: 1105.82 miles____2018: 1318.91 miles__2019: 2000.00 miles
bb2112
End of Days
Location: Knowledge! It is almost as important as money, luck, and family connections.

Post by bb2112 »

Haven't heard from Moliere today. Moliere, any thoughts?
That's no reason to cry. One cries because one is sad. For example, I cry because others are stupid, and that makes me sad.
Why would I stab an Oracle? Wait, what am I saying? Why wouldn't I stab an Oracle? - Belkar Bitterleaf
BCY4920 - You can suck it Johnny Angel.
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

Archinerd wrote:
General comment regarding allowing very suspect bad guys to live. Learned during the Remuscide game by allowing Lord Mortis to live to the end.
“As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.” - H.L. Mencken
Moliere

Post by Moliere »

bb2112 wrote:Haven't heard from Moliere today. Moliere, any thoughts?
Stessier seems to be manipulating us. Seems strange that he didn't know how his own role worked until told.
stessier wrote:Oh brother - it's in the FAQ. You are correct - I didn't read the FAQ. The powers were seemingly self explanatory. I didn't even know I'd detect the Converted when scanned until you mentioned it. I'm a bad Coroner. Fortunately, I was rendered useless early on, so it really hasn't mattered.
This is reason enough for me to be suspicious of his claim.
"The world is suffering more today from the good people who want to mind other men's business than it is from the bad people who are willing to let everybody look after their own individual affairs." - Clarence Darrow
bb2112
End of Days
Location: Knowledge! It is almost as important as money, luck, and family connections.

Post by bb2112 »

I'm struggling with the Stessier is a wolf scenario. I've explained this a few times now so I wont do it again. However, there sure seems like there are a lot of you out there that think otherwise. I also didn't like the lynch me tomorrow gambit (seemed like it was a ploy to get one more day) or the not knowing his own role. As Remus pointed out Stessier is anal about such things and he made 2 errors in a relatively short amount of time. I said before I have trouble reading Stess, so I am having real difficulty reconciling this. When I look at the choices, I still think Stess is not in my top two...
That's no reason to cry. One cries because one is sad. For example, I cry because others are stupid, and that makes me sad.
Why would I stab an Oracle? Wait, what am I saying? Why wouldn't I stab an Oracle? - Belkar Bitterleaf
bb2112
End of Days

Post by bb2112 »

We are down to two misses and still need to find two wolves. What if everyone lists their top two candidates to see if we can get a consensus before we vote. I will put it in a spoiler since I don't want to influence anyone else. We have done this a few times in past games and it has worked more often than not. If enough people smell smoke, then that usually means something.
Spoiler:
1. Archinerd
2. Moliere
Zarathud

Post by Zarathud »

Agreed. We need everyone to participate and not just pile on.

I've been open with my suspicions:
Archinerd
Moliere
Remus or stessier
“Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.” - John Stuart Mill, Inaugural Address Delivered to the University of St Andrews, 2/1/1867
“It is the impractical things in this tumultuous hell-scape of a world that matter most. A book, a name, chicken soup. They help us remember that, even in our darkest hour, life is still to be savored.” - Poe, Altered Carbon
Holman

Post by Holman »

My current suspicions:
Spoiler:
Archinerd or Zarathud
Stessier or Moliere
Much prefer my Nazis Nuremberged.
stessier

Post by stessier »

I think it's bb2112 and someone. Probably Moliere or Archinerd.
I require a reminder as to why raining arcane destruction is not an appropriate response to all of life's indignities. - Vaarsuvius
Running____2014: 1300.55 miles____2015: 2036.13 miles____2016: 1012.75 miles____2017: 1105.82 miles____2018: 1318.91 miles__2019: 2000.00 miles
Moliere

Post by Moliere »

stessier
Archinerd
"The world is suffering more today from the good people who want to mind other men's business than it is from the bad people who are willing to let everybody look after their own individual affairs." - Clarence Darrow
Archinerd

Post by Archinerd »

Spoiler:
1. Remus
2. Moliere or BB2112 because there's nobody else left.
3. Zarathud

I still believe Stessier is telling the truth and I think Remus is likely wolf because he is leading charge against him. Zarathud is assumed innocent for now by association but not entirely in the clear.
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

Spoiler:
stessier (duh)
Archinerd/Zarathud
Moliere/bb2112
That's very fluid though. Also, those are not either or / marks. They are simply same level of suspicion marks.
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

stessier wrote:
Remus West wrote:stessier, what were you told about RMC?
stessier wrote:FWIW, RMC was Mr. Splodie. I'm pretty sure it doesn't change the math, but it's nice to know the Shooter hit his designated target.
Rules wrote:Mortician -Glenn–
POWER – Mortician – at night can scan a dead player’s body. They will discover the true role of the player (survivor role or wolf role).
Why did you say Mr. Splodie rather than Dr. Edwin Jenner? Yes, I had to go look up the role name but you'd have had right in front of you. Just another thing that seems off about your play right now.
stessier

Post by stessier »

Because I had to go and look who the heck Jenner was too and "Mr. Splodie" gets the information across without the hassle.

You are being a real schmuck.
Zarathud

Post by Zarathud »

Pedantic and unhelpful, even.
Punisher

Post by Punisher »

Spoiler:
Wolf #1
Wolf#2
:twisted:
Spoiler:
1) Remus-Just think he is going after Stessier too hard and without what I see as a valid reason.
2) Zarathud or Moliere
For those pointing out Stessier is a wolf because of his mistakes when he is normally anal about it....How is his making a mistake as a wolf a higher probability than his making a mistake as a villager?

and I think I've made up my mind for now...
 Remus 

All yourLightning Bolts are Belong to Us
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

Zarathud wrote:Pedantic and unhelpful, even.
Pedantic? Sure. Unhelpful? Why? Are you saying the only way I could be helpful is to make a case you agree with? I fully believe stessier is playing the village. If I'm right then I'm the only one currently being helpful.
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

Punisher wrote:For those pointing out Stessier is a wolf because of his mistakes when he is normally anal about it....How is his making a mistake as a wolf a higher probability than his making a mistake as a villager?

and I think I've made up my mind for now...
 Remus 

Its not the mistakes. It is the casual attitude towards finding bad guys. I won't fault you for your mistake in voting me though as your motives have to be true. Sad day when Rick shoots Laurie (hey, I figure right now I'm on team Rick but I'm annoying everyone so that makes me Laurie :P )

I find it amusing that you are all giving stessier a pass for being an "uncontested special" when he voted to lynch Scoop at a time when there was literally 0% chance T-Dog was dead while there currently is a chance that Lassr was Glen. Someone want to offer up an explanation for why Lassr died instead of Holman when Holman was our only absolutely known good guy at the time? Only reason that makes sense to me is that Lassr was a higher priority target due to having been scanned special. Only possible special for that to be would be Glen. Only one claiming to be Glen is stessier.

vorret agreed and that got him lynched. How'd that work out for us?
stessier

Post by stessier »

Remus West wrote:
Zarathud wrote:Pedantic and unhelpful, even.
Pedantic? Sure. Unhelpful? Why? Are you saying the only way I could be helpful is to make a case you agree with? I fully believe stessier is playing the village. If I'm right then I'm the only one currently being helpful.
And if you're wrong, you're a pendantic, unhelpful, "foolish or contemptible person".

Last game it was Holman with a fixation. This game it's you. He was wrong and so are you.

Pretend for a moment that I'm not a wolf. In that world, who are the wolves?
Zarathud

Post by Zarathud »

But it wasn't the only possibility at the time. Punisher had not taken the shot yet.

Who was trying to get our Specials to come out then? You, Remus. If Punisher had shot, the wolves would know if they scanned Glen. If they scanned anyone, we don't know.

If anyone has a better read on stessier's reveal, I would love to see it.

Wolves do contrary shit all the time on kills to fuck with the village. RMC and Unagi were certainly capable of convincing the other wolves to skip killing a "proven" to maximize distrust over Scoop.

I think all the arguments used against Stessier also apply to Remus -- except claiming a role. Claiming a role had risk--unless stessier was the berserker.

What concerns me is this narrow focus, Remus. I don't have to agree with your analysis, only see it as sincere. Plus, it makes it harder for the other wolf to hide later if you are a wolf.

Still, I think the better vote is to try finding the hidden wolf (and what the others think).
Zarathud

Post by Zarathud »

Oh, and I blame Scoop's reputation for not believing him.
Archinerd

Post by Archinerd »

Remus West wrote: Its not the mistakes. It is the casual attitude towards finding bad guys. I won't fault you for your mistake in voting me though as your motives have to be true.
Zarathud wrote: Still, I think the better vote is to try finding the hidden wolf (and what the others think).
But we are running out of misses!
stessier

Post by stessier »

So let's not miss!!
Archinerd

Post by Archinerd »

stessier wrote:So let's not miss!!
That wasn't my point.
Holman

Post by Holman »

Zarathud wrote: Wolves do contrary shit all the time on kills to fuck with the village. RMC and Unagi were certainly capable of convincing the other wolves to skip killing a "proven" to maximize distrust over Scoop.
Except the night they skipped me to kill Lassr was *after* we lynched Scoop.

I was the only proven at the time, and there were no claimed roles out.
Much prefer my Nazis Nuremberged.
bb2112
End of Days

Post by bb2112 »

Holman ------ 1. Archinerd or Zarathud 2. Stessier or Moliere
Punisher ----- 1. Remus West 2. Zarathud or Moliere
Archinerd ---- 1. Remus West 2. bb2112 or Moliere 3. Zarathud
BB2112 ------- 1. Archinerd 2. Moliere
Moliere ------- 1. Stessier 2. Archinerd
Zarathud ----- 1. Archinerd 2. Moliere 3. Remus or Stessier
Remus West - 1. Stessier 2. Archinerd or Zarathud
Stessier ------ 1. bb2112 2. Archinerd or Moliere

Ok, now that we have a list I will give the #1's 2pts and the #2's 1pt and see how this totals. For people like Holman who have OR's in their votes, I guess I will split the numbers between the votes so both Archinerd and Zarathud will get 1pt and both Stessier and Moliere will get 1/2 a pt. With 8 people that should be a total of 24 possible points with anyone person maxing out 14 assuming nobody would vote for themselves.

We will see where this goes...

Archinerd - 7.0
bb2112 - 2.5
Moliere - 4.0
Zarathud - 2.0
Remus West - 4.0
Stessier - 4.5

Well, I thought Archinerd would be at the top, but I am surprised that we have a virtual 3 way tie for second and that Zarathud is trending to be the most trustworthy.
bb2112
End of Days

Post by bb2112 »

If anyone finds any errors in the above let me know. I checked it a couple of times but I am at work and get interrupted constantly.
Zarathud

Post by Zarathud »

Frankly, that weighting doesn't weight the provens. And yes, I know that will be to my disadvantage. But Archinerd being on everyone's list bothers me.

If Archinerd is a wolf, then the other wolf is Moliere, Remus or Stessier assuming the wolves aren't disposed to killing each other.

If Archinerd is not a wolf, we're going to need another equation or settle for Moliere.
stessier

Post by stessier »

It is a bit weird that Archinerd is on so many lists but has garnered so few votes through all this.
Archinerd

Post by Archinerd »

If we are just going to use some arbitrary method why not just draw straws or throw a dart?
This doesn't really surprise me though, I somehow pinged BB's radar some time back.
bb2112
End of Days

Post by bb2112 »

Archinerd wrote:If we are just going to use some arbitrary method why not just draw straws or throw a dart?
This doesn't really surprise me though, I somehow pinged BB's radar some time back.
The point system I used is arbitrary, but the fact that you keep coming up on so many people's radar is fact.
bb2112
End of Days

Post by bb2112 »

Zarathud wrote: But Archinerd being on everyone's list bothers me.
Do you think this is a wolf conspiracy? Let's explore that for a moment.

1. There are 8 people left, take out Archinerd because he will not likely vote for himself, and that leaves 7 people that could put him on their lists. 6 of the 7 listed him.
2. There are only two wolves left, so that means at least 4 non-wolves our of the 6 suspect Archinerd.
3. Punisher (a proven) was the only other one to not put Archinerd on his list.
4. So if Archinerd is a wolf, then the other wolf has him on his list as well.
5. If he is not a wolf, then both wolves and 4 villagers have him on his list.

The wolves only have so much power by only being 2 out of the remaining 8 so they don't have that much leverage. We are still running the show by sheer numbers.
Newcastle

Re: Walking Dead NIGHT 2

Post by Newcastle »

DAY 5 VOTES

TIME LIMITS: Day 5 will end on Wednesday July 12th, at 6pm PST (9EST)

VOTE TARGET - Votes Cast

Archinerd (1) - Zarathud,
Stessier (1) - Remus West,
Remus West (1) - Punisher,

Not Voted
Archinerd, Moliere, BB2112, Stessier, Holman,

Majority is 5

Note - Day 6 will be approximately 6 calendar days.

If there are any issues, give me a holler

The living
1. Archinerd
2. Holman
3. BB2112
4. Punisher
5. Moliere
6. Zarathud
7. Remus West
8. Stessier

THE DEAD
Chaosraven – Raving all night long
Scoop – SPLAT!
Lassr – Hugger of Beemer walker
Unagi - Tasty Walker Morsel Treat
El Guapo - Bulldozing away.
RMC - Met Rick's Python
Vorret - Mechanic Mike’s munchable
Isgrinmur – Bay door blues
Bayraktar!!!!

Trump and the GOP; putting the banana in our Republic.