Walking Dead WW signups (GAME ON in other thread)

This is the place for self-contained forum games

Moderator: Zaxxon

Newcastle

Walking Dead WW signups (GAME ON in other thread)

Post by Newcastle »

update: Signups close TODAY 6 PM PST and 9 EST.

At 16 now, wowwwhah...nelly!

old stuff...blah blah blah...
Spoiler:
Aiming to start around Thursday 6/1 or somewhere around there. I hope sign ups will be completed by Wednesday 5/31.

Ya know we've done so many different themes, but we've yet to do one Walking dead style. Any interest?

i dont mind hosting it and doing GM duties. Havent fleshed the ideas out yet or anything. Powers would be relatively standard. If someone else wants to host and do that stuff. Have at it.

If someone wants to run something else instead....be my guest.
Walker Bait
1. Archinerd
2. Holman
3. Vorret
4. BB2112
5. Lassr
6. Punisher
7. MOOliere
8. Unagi the hungover
9. Izzy
10. Zarathud
11. Chaosraven
12. Remus West
13. Scooperoooski
14. El Guapo
15. Run RMC
16. Stessier

Too hip to post in
1. Stessier
2. Scooper

Rule Set

[ROLES -

SURVIVORS

Seer - Carl Grimes.
See the guy with the gun over there? That’s my dad. He’s a cop. I’m his only blood left on this earth. Think he won’t shoot you if mess with me? So while you’re paying attention to him; I’m going to go through your stuff and find out who you really are. And if you catch me, I’ll just say I’m looking for comic books. Innocent kid stuff ya know. So, got any comic books?
Power – At night may ask role of any player. Will receive either survivor role or wolf alignment.

Protector – T-Dog
I just want things to go back to normal, just like it was when I was driving Ray and the other good folks at the retirement center to church. That was god’s work, getting souls home. God has a plan. God also knows I’ll look out for anyone who I call a friend. I got their back. And as a former Pro lineman do you really think you can get past me?

Power – At night may select one person to protect. Protection extends into the following day until the lynch. Including the berserkers blast. If TDogg is killed at night that person’s protection is still valid until the following day’s lynch. May not protect self.

Shooter - Rick Grimes –
Heard Lori’s in Atlanta. Some other survivors are heading that way. We all got loved ones there. We all just got to make it there together. That’s all of us. Now that’s a .357 colt python that’s pointed your way. I really don’t want to shoot you, but if you come at me or any of my friends here, then you’ve left me with no choice.

Power – Able to shoot and kill 1 person during the day. Shot must be submitted by PM and prior to lynching.

Survivor (s) – Just want to get to Atlanta and find your loved ones.

Mortician (Glenn)– You’re able to identify what a person’s true role was {infected & survivor’s true role}.

INFECTED (Wolves)

You’ve been bit but only a few others know. Rumor has it there’s a cure somewhere at a CDC complex to the north of Atlanta. You got to get there, consequences be damned. If others don’t see your way, there’s a simple answer: Kill ‘em.

Infected Seer – Shane
Its kill or be killed in this world. Rick just doesn’t see that yet. He also doesn’t realize that you protect what you got in the here and now. You don’t go chasing some rumor in Atlanta. Some of us are bit and that’s what we need to do. We get to the CDC we get the cure. It’s that simple. And on the way there, I’ll be keeping an eye on you seeing what kind of man you really are.
Power – At night can scan a player to find out either survivor or survivor special. Will not find out specific role only if they are normal or special.

Berserker - Dr. Edwin Jenner
All the data and models point to one overwhelming conclusion: humankind is undergoing the extinction event. You will die at some point, and it will be painful. So all this living is really just suffering. Do you want that? I don’t. I’ll do you a favor if it’s my time to go, I’ll take you with me. You don’t even have to say yes. I promise it will be peaceful. And that’s better than anything that’s out there.

Berserker – if lynched can target 1 player to take with you. Explosion can be blocked by Tdogs protection.

Beta Wolf – Merle
You left me there to die on that rooftop. I screamed and yelled, but you turned your backs and ran. Just like the yellow belly cowards that you are. I don’t care about getting to Atlanta. Just want to get me and my baby brother to the CDC, that sounds good to me there. Get cured, pop some pills and really have some fun.

Traitor Wolf (Gonna save the identity as a surprise :twisted: . It's gonna be curveball time)– Infected can recruit an additional player. Power must be used by night 2. Can’t be blocked. Traitor will show up and gain access to infected forums at start of following day. Traitor loses all powers they formerly had as a survivor.

Rules explained/FAQ /Minutiae
-TDog’s protection extends even if Tdog dies at night.
The seers are a bit different:
Shane (infected seer) will only learn if they are a normal survivor or special survivor
Carl (Survivor seer) will only learn survivor role or wolf alignment
- forums will be set up for wolves & Masons
-no edits
- Time limits. First day will be 14 days. Weekends count as 1 day. Willing to be flexible.
-start on a day cycle
-if traitor recruited is a survivor special, loses role when switching (ie loses shot, scan, protection)
-if seer scans the traitor prior being turned, seer will be told that that person has been turned.
-Traitor MUST be recruited by end of night 2. Use it or lose it.
-The infected recruit power is viewed as a global power and not resided in 1 infected.
-Multiple folks going on vacation, just give a heads up when you're slated to go and approximated when we can expect you back.
-Infected traitor will get results of scan on night they were converted. (if applicable).
-If infected try to recruit Tdog's his day protection extension is nullified if recruited. Night protection still stands

Order of Operations
T-Dogg Protects
Scans submitted
Wolf recruit (if traitor wolf is in)
Wolves kill
Results returned
Day starts
Infected Traitor joins Infected crew

Possible ADDITIONAL ROLES (if 14-20 range)
(in order of addition)
Survivors

Masons (Carol & Sophie)– One thing you know is the other hasn’t been bit. You’re both survivors. Also helps that you can talk to the other any time you choose {access to a forum where they can talk any time}. (only if 16-20 range)

Infected

Infected Mortician (Little nibbler)– At night you're able to chew on whatevers left of the dead. Hand of Joe, Leg of Larry. Don't matter it tastes just grand. Funny thing is, after you dine on them, you really get a good feel for that person. So good that you can learn the true role of deceased player. (only if 16-20 range)

Additional Roles rules
-The Survivor Mortician & Traitor wolf will be added together to the roles;
-Mason’s & Infected mortician will also be added together
- if infected try to recruit 1 mason, then both die. Will supersede the night kill. If Tdog protects 1 mason, both are protected.
-If Tdog unknowingly protects 1 mason on a night, he can also protect the 2nd mason on the following night. However, he MUST be unaware of both of the person's roles. If he is aware of both Mason's roles (ie seer, or post) can only protect one of them, and can not protect the other on the following night. (that clear?)
Last edited by Newcastle on Thu Jun 01, 2017 9:58 am, edited 19 times in total.
Bayraktar!!!!

Trump and the GOP; putting the banana in our Republic.
Archinerd

Re: Any interest in a Walking Dead themed WW?

Post by Archinerd »

Theme is unimportant to me, so I'm game (to play not host).
Holman

Post by Holman »

Sounds fun!
Much prefer my Nazis Nuremberged.
Vorret

Post by Vorret »

sure!
Isgrimnur wrote:
His name makes me think of a small, burrowing rodent anyway.
Newcastle

Post by Newcastle »

If we get critical mass, i'll look to starting this say near the end of next week. Gives me some time to prep for it. I'll draw up powers today/tomorrow. Again gonna be relatively standard - something like shooter, seer, berserker, protector, masons (havent had those in a while) etc.
Bayraktar!!!!

stessier

Post by stessier »

Newcastle wrote: masons (havent had those in a while) etc.
You were just in a game with them!!! :D
I require a reminder as to why raining arcane destruction is not an appropriate response to all of life's indignities. - Vaarsuvius
Global Steam Wishmaslist Tracking
Running____2014: 1300.55 miles____2015: 2036.13 miles____2016: 1012.75 miles____2017: 1105.82 miles____2018: 1318.91 miles__2019: 2000.00 miles
Newcastle

Post by Newcastle »

stessier wrote:
Newcastle wrote: masons (havent had those in a while) etc.
You were just in a game with them!!! :D
Quit making sense!
Bayraktar!!!!

bb2112
End of Days
Location: Knowledge! It is almost as important as money, luck, and family connections.

Post by bb2112 »

I'm in. :D
That's no reason to cry. One cries because one is sad. For example, I cry because others are stupid, and that makes me sad.
Why would I stab an Oracle? Wait, what am I saying? Why wouldn't I stab an Oracle? - Belkar Bitterleaf
BCY4920 - You can suck it Johnny Angel.
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

sure, why not.

The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.

Black Lives Matter
Punisher

Post by Punisher »

Archinerd wrote:Theme is unimportant to me, so I'm game (to play not host).
Theme is important for me, however, this is a theme I can get behind..
In..
All yourLightning Bolts are Belong to Us
Moliere

Post by Moliere »

Newcastle wrote:i dont mind hosting it and doing GM duties.
 Newcastle 

"The world is suffering more today from the good people who want to mind other men's business than it is from the bad people who are willing to let everybody look after their own individual affairs." - Clarence Darrow
Newcastle

Post by Newcastle »

Moliere wrote:
Newcastle wrote:i dont mind hosting it and doing GM duties.
 Newcastle 

Clever
Bayraktar!!!!

Newcastle

Post by Newcastle »

Too tired tonight to get anything further done. Will drop something in tomorrow night at the latest. Bare minimum will be a proposed rule set.

If anyone has any requests powerwise, am all ears. Just help make sure its fun and balanced...

/mutters under breath

maybe i should make make everyone unpowered villagers and I choose the night kill each night.
Bayraktar!!!!

Unagi

Post by Unagi »

I'll play.

Walking Dead seems to speak to my next experience in just about any werewolf game.

Anyone trying to get me lynched though is clearly trying to play off "the-previous-game's-scare-actics" and will be "treated as such".
Last edited by Unagi on Sat May 27, 2017 12:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

Also, keep in mind that Newcastle absolutely has it in for me and he will re-roll until I'm given the most indefensible and exposed position he's got.
:wink:
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

Sorry to proclaim this here -- franky of all places -- but I will no longer play in a game with tru1cy.

If he signs up for this game (or any other that I sign up for) I respectfully "UN-Sign Up" for it.
I super apologize for any crunchi-ness this proprieties , but I'm done playing with people that religiously don't play.

D. O. N. E. done.
Last edited by Unagi on Sat May 27, 2017 2:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
Punisher

Post by Punisher »

Newcastle wrote:Too tired tonight to get anything further done. Will drop something in tomorrow night at the latest. Bare minimum will be a proposed rule set.

If anyone has any requests powerwise, am all ears. Just help make sure its fun and balanced...
I choose to be Robert Kirkman with the power to re-write any action...and I'm unkillable..
Punisher

Post by Punisher »

Unagi wrote:Sorry to proclaim this here -- franky of all places -- but I will no longer play in a game with tru1cy.

If he signs up for this game (or any other that I sign up for) I respectfully "UN-Sign Up" for it.
I super apologize for any cruchi-ness this proprieties , but I'm done playing with people that religiously don't play.

D. O. N. E. done.
I was under the impression that "not playing" is actually a valid play. Am I wrong?
I planned on not saying anything to anyone for the next game..maybe this time I can survive to the end...(Unless I get my requested role!)
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

Yeah, well

You are RIGHT

and you are wrong.

I am starting a new thread - and it's aimed at this problem. (IMO)
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

Punisher wrote:I was under the impression that "not playing" is actually a valid play. Am I wrong?

While it's "valid", and plays-out for some, only the most desperate and horrible players should hide behind 'NON PLAY'.

snip... <needless ranting>
Last edited by Unagi on Sat May 27, 2017 9:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

<more>
Last edited by Unagi on Sat May 27, 2017 9:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

(( !! Coming from the Victorious Wolf in the Previously Victorious Wolf Game against some [otherwise respectable] fellows, but because of my language or tone , I will be targeted as the bad-guy))

edit: I have not CLUE what I was saying here...
Last edited by Unagi on Sat May 27, 2017 9:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

I'm drunk enough to stand by much of what I just posted - but sober enough to wish I said it better.

odd, this post seems to have been edited by not me? But - then again, I've been drinking - no clue....
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

Don't drink and post :|
Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

A drunk Unagi. Thoroughly enjoyable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Scoop. Makeup and hair are fabulous. - Qantaga

Xbox Gamertag: Scoop20906
Steam: Scoop20906
Newcastle

Post by Newcastle »

Unagi wrote:
Punisher wrote:I was under the impression that "not playing" is actually a valid play. Am I wrong?

While it's "valid", and plays-out for some, only the most desperate and horrible players should hide behind 'NON PLAY'.

snip... <needless ranting>
As evil, once i dropped out of a game for something like 7-10 days to see if I could get away with it. I did. We won. I also tend to think that i am a decent wolf. Better at deceiving than deducing, hmmm as a human being what does that say about me?
Bayraktar!!!!

Unagi

Post by Unagi »

Oh Newcastle - everyone knows your epic gamesmanship is only eclipsed by your classy sportsmanship.
Punisher

Post by Punisher »

I say we test this out. Next game, nobody posts....ever.... lets see what happens...
Newcastle

Post by Newcastle »

Rule set I plan on running with. If more show up I can add a traitor/anti-traitor mechanism am kicking around; ie wolves can recruit one player. But that involves a bit more fleshing out. Or can add Masons and a recruitment/traitor ability for the wolves. Any requests or roles folks want in and are balanced, happy to do so.

Basic rule set.

Good guys /Survivors
Seer – Once per night can scan a player to learn more about them. If they find a survivor they will also find out their role. If they find a wolf, they only find their alignment and not role. (Survivor role or wolf alignment)

Protector –- Each night selects one player to protect from the night kill. May not protect same person on back to back
nights. Protection extends into the day. Protection also works against the berserker. May not protect self.

Shooter – Once per game can fire a shot. Instant kill. Shot can only happen during the day.

Wolves
Seer – At night select one person and discover their role

Berserker – When lynched may select 1 person to take with you to the afterlife

Beta Wolf – Dude, you’re just happy to be here.

Will be adding the flavor and all that jazz later.

Other rules and such
There will be generous time limits, but they will not be set in stone (ie village overwhelmingly requests more time; can PM dissent)
No edits will get you a firm slap on the wrist and the embarrassment that comes with being publicly outted as a editing OCDite.
Bayraktar!!!!

Newcastle

Post by Newcastle »

Unagi wrote:Oh Newcastle - everyone knows your epic gamesmanship is only eclipsed by your classy sportsmanship.
Nope that's RMC or Vorret or Lassr or anyone else for that matter. I'm the scuzzball.
Bayraktar!!!!

Punisher

Post by Punisher »

How many people are playing? Not sure if the too hip to post in people are playing..
If it is just the 8 people listed, the berserker wolf has a potential to have the wolves win by day 2.
5 humans
3 wolves
day 1. lynch berserker. they take a human.
going into night
4 humans, 2 wolves. human night kill
day 2: 3 humans, 2 wolves.
if we lynch a human, game over.

less impact if we start with 10..
Newcastle

Post by Newcastle »

Punisher wrote:How many people are playing? Not sure if the too hip to post in people are playing..
If it is just the 8 people listed, the berserker wolf has a potential to have the wolves win by day 2.
5 humans
3 wolves
day 1. lynch berserker. they take a human.
going into night
4 humans, 2 wolves. human night kill
day 2: 3 humans, 2 wolves.
if we lynch a human, game over.

less impact if we start with 10..
Lets wait till next week rolls around. It is a holiday weekend. I dont plan on starting until late next week ie thurs. or somewhere depending if we have critical mass. Also its a holiday weekend. I'll adjust the numbers as I see fit. The proposed above would be for a 11-13 man game or so. Which is a distinct possibility.

The too hip list, is simply that...hipsters :D If they play great, would love em. If not then then they can hiply and happily post :binky: once the game is afoot.
Bayraktar!!!!

Lassr

Post by Lassr »

Punisher wrote:I say we test this out. Next game, nobody posts....ever.... lets see what happens...
Or next game you have to be drunk before you can post

Sent from my SM-J320V using Tapatalk
The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.

Black Lives Matter
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Lassr wrote:
Punisher wrote:I say we test this out. Next game, nobody posts....ever.... lets see what happens...
Or next game you have to be drunk before you can post
In.
It's almost as if people are the problem.
Punisher

Re: Walking Dead themed WW (sign ups)

Post by Punisher »

So...
1) Is this comic or TV?
2) Survivor says trying to get to Atlanta. If so, at that point in both, Carl was not Rick's last blood kin. :) and in TV, he is still not.. :)
Newcastle

Post by Newcastle »

Punisher wrote:So...
1) Is this comic or TV?
2) Survivor says trying to get to Atlanta. If so, at that point in both, Carl was not Rick's last blood kin. :) and in TV, he is still not.. :)
1. Neither.

The characters and setting will be lifted from the Walking Dead. It will not follow whats occurred in the comics & show. It's loosely based on or rather inspired by the Walking Dead. Might snag a few events that happen in Walking Dead series or comics but that's it.

For any idea of what i do, look for a James Bond game and take a quick look at it. That's kind of what's gonna happen here.

Suspend your disbelief I guess is also what i am asking.
Bayraktar!!!!

Newcastle

Post by Newcastle »

Wow its been ages since I've done a bond.

anyway link to one of em. Will be similar in construct.
viewtopic.php?f=16&t=74977
Bayraktar!!!!

Punisher

Post by Punisher »

Newcastle wrote:
Punisher wrote:So...
1) Is this comic or TV?
1. Neither.

The characters and setting will be lifted from the Walking Dead. It will not follow whats occurred in the comics & show. It's loosely based on or rather inspired by the Walking Dead. Might snag a few events that happen in Walking Dead series or comics but that's it.

For any idea of what i do, look for a James Bond game and take a quick look at it. That's kind of what's gonna happen here.

Suspend your disbelief I guess is also what i am asking.
Sorry,, I expect all of my imaginary games to be highly realistic and accurate.. I expect a detailed explanation of the Zombie life cycle as well... and there had better be charts and graphs and imaginary studies...
Newcastle

Post by Newcastle »

UPDATED INFO

SURVIVORS

Seer - Carl Grimes.
See the guy with the gun over there? That’s my dad. He’s a cop. I’m his only blood left on this earth. Think he won’t shoot you if mess with me? So while you’re paying attention to him; I’m going to go through your stuff and find out who you really are. And if you catch me, I’ll just say I’m looking for comic books. Innocent kid stuff ya know. So, got any comic books?
Power – At night may ask role of any player. Will receive either survivor role or wolf alignment.

Protector – T-Dog
I just want things to go back to normal, just like it was when I was driving Ray and the other good folks at the retirement center to church. That was god’s work, getting souls home. God has a plan. God also knows I’ll look out for anyone who I call a friend. I got their back. And as a former Pro lineman do you really think you can get past me?

Power – At night may select one person to protect. Protection extends into the following day until the lynch. Including the berserkers blast. If TDogg is killed at night that person’s protection is still valid until the following day’s lynch. May not protect self.

Shooter - Rick Grimes –
Heard Lori’s in Atlanta. Some other survivors are heading that way. We all got loved ones there. We all just got to make it there together. That’s all of us. Now that’s a .357 colt python that’s pointed your way. I really don’t want to shoot you, but if you come at me or any of my friends here, then you’ve left me with no choice.

Power – Has one bullet left in his .357 Python. Able to shoot and kill 1 person during the day. Shot must be submitted by PM and prior to lynching.

Survivor (s) – Just want to get to Atlanta and find your loved ones.

INFECTED (Wolves)

You’ve been bit but only a few others know. Rumor has it there’s a cure somewhere at a CDC complex to the north of Atlanta. You got to get there, consequences be damned. If others don’t see your way, there’s a simple answer: Kill ‘em.

Infected Seer – Shane
Its kill or be killed in this world. Rick just doesn’t see that yet. He also doesn’t realize that you protect what you got in the here and now. You don’t go chasing some rumor in Atlanta. Some of us are bit and that’s what we need to do. We get to the CDC we get the cure. It’s that simple. And on the way there, I’ll be keeping an eye on you seeing what kind of man you really are.
Power – At night can scan a player to find out either survivor or survivor special. Will not find out specific role only if they are normal or special.

Berserker - Dr. Edwin Jenner
All the data and models point to one overwhelming conclusion: humankind is undergoing the extinction event. You will die at some point, and it will be painful. So all this living is really just suffering. Do you want that? I don’t. I’ll do you a favor if it’s my time to go, I’ll take you with me. You don’t even have to say yes. I promise it will be peaceful. And that’s better than anything that’s out there.

Berserker – if lynched can target 1 player to take with you. Explosion can be blocked by Tdogs protection.

Beta Wolf – Merle
You left me there to die on that rooftop. I screamed and yelled, but you turned your backs and ran. Just like the yellow belly cowards that you are. I don’t care about getting to Atlanta. Just want to get me and my baby brother to the CDC, that sounds good to me there. Get cured, pop some pills and really have some fun.

Rules explained/FAQ /Minutiae
-TDog’s protection extends even if Tdog dies at night.
The seers are a bit different:
Shane (infected seer) will only learn if they are a normal survivor or special survivor
Carl (Survivor seer) will only learn survivor role or wolf alignment
- forums will be set up for wolves & Masons
-no edits
- Time limits. First day will be 14 days. Weekends count as 1 day. Willing to be flexible.
-start on a day cycle

Order of Operations
T-Dogg Protects
Scans submitted
Wolf recruit (if traitor wolf is in)
Wolves kill
Results returned
Day starts

Possible ADDITIONAL ROLES (if 14-20 range)
(in order of addition)
Survivors
Mortician (Glenn)– You’re able to identify what a person’s true role was {infected & survivor’s true role}.
Masons (Carol & Sophie)– One thing you know is the other hasn’t been bit. You’re both survivors. Also helps that you can talk to the other any time you choose {access to a forum where they can talk any time}. (only if 16-20 range)

Infected
Traitor Wolf (surprise!)– Infected can recruit an additional player. Power must be used by night 2. Can’t be blocked. Traitor will show up and gain access to infected forums at start of following day.
Infected Mortician (?)– At night learn true role of deceased player. (only if 16-20 range)

Additional Roles rules
-The Survivor Mortician & Traitor wolf will be added together to the roles;
-Mason’s & Infected mortician will also be added together
- if infected try to recruit 1 mason, then both die. Will supersede the night kill. If Tdog protects 1 mason, both are protected.
-if traitor recruited is a survivor special, loses role when switching (ie loses shot, scan, protection)
-if seer scans the traitor prior being turned, seer will be told that that person has been turned.
Last edited by Newcastle on Mon May 29, 2017 3:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bayraktar!!!!

Newcastle

Post by Newcastle »

Would love to hear any feedback you folks have. Concerns, etc. If things seem fair and balanced or if things need tweaking. I really just want to provide a fun setting for you folks to roll with.
Bayraktar!!!!