News about Netflix exclusive films and content

Everything else!

Moderators: Bakhtosh, EvilHomer3k

Blackhawk

Re: News about Netflix exclusive films and content

Post by Blackhawk »

Pyperkub wrote: Wed Jul 19, 2023 8:20 pm Side Note - NetFlix killing Basic plan for new subs:
Netflix no longer lets new subscribers select its Basic plan in the US. The $9.99-per-month plan is nixed in the UK, too, making the lowest-tier plan available for Netflix newcomers the $6.99/month one with ads and a limited library.

As spotted by UK-based cord-cutting publication Cord Busters today, Netflix's Basic plan, which was the lowest-priced tier available to those who didn't want to endure ads before or during shows and movies, has been axed. The plan allowed viewers to watch content at up to 720p resolution, supported one device, and let you download content for times when you wanted to watch Netflix sans Internet.
They probably weren't getting a ton of subscribers who still wanted 720 over 1080. Those who didn't want to spring for the full package were probably choosing the 1080-plus-ads, while those who wanted the full experience were probably springing for the full 1080 package.

They just need to get the **** over charging a premium for 4k.
(˙pǝsɹǝʌǝɹ uǝǝq sɐɥ ʎʇıʌɐɹƃ ʃɐuosɹǝd ʎW)
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

The final season

It All Endeth. Only on Netflix September 1st.

We watched Bean grow, from reluctant Princess to defiant rebel, and now, come Part 5, her journey will finally come to an epic finale - feat. the ultimate confrontation against Queen Dagmar, her evil mother.
Maybe next year, maybe no go
EvilHomer3k
Forum Moderator

Post by EvilHomer3k »

Wife and I started watching the last half season of Manifest. We've been not watching it for a while since it got so unlikable. We watched episode 11 last night and both thought that maybe our time would be better spent just finding out how they ended it or skipping to the last episode. It had an intriguing premise but it's been a slog.

I have been enjoying Bloodhounds, though. It can be a bit B movie at times but it's been quite good so far.
That sound of the spoon scraping over the can ribbing as you corral the last ravioli or two is the signal that a great treat is coming. It's the washboard solo in God's own
bluegrass band of comfort food. - LawBeefaroni
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

I started the first couple of episodes of last season, but then it just kind of... fizzled. I honestly couldn't remember who all of the random NPCs were or what they'd been doing to each other from the previous season. I couldn't remember why they were where they were, or who the minor characters were, or what it had to do with anything else. In the end, it had too little Groening magic, and too much trying to tell an elaborate story.

I wish they'd killed this a couple of seasons earlier and just paid us an equal number of Tigtones.
Malificent

Post by Malificent »

Blackhawk wrote: Wed Aug 09, 2023 5:33 pm I wish they'd killed this a couple of seasons earlier and just paid us an equal number of Tigtones.
This. I miss Tigtones.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

It's almost as if people are the problem.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Carpet_pissr

Post by Carpet_pissr »

Blackhawk wrote: Wed Jul 19, 2023 8:39 pm They just need to get the **** over charging a premium for 4k.
This.
stessier

Post by stessier »

Finished Night Agent and Treason over the weekend. I enjoyed both but thought Night Agent was better if more unrealistic.

I'm 4 episodes in to The Diplomat (Keri Russel) and an enjoying it.
I require a reminder as to why raining arcane destruction is not an appropriate response to all of life's indignities. - Vaarsuvius
Global Steam Wishmaslist Tracking
Running____2014: 1300.55 miles____2015: 2036.13 miles____2016: 1012.75 miles____2017: 1105.82 miles____2018: 1318.91 miles__2019: 2000.00 miles
Rumpy

Post by Rumpy »

The Night Agent was so good. The writing and action were all top-notch and it had me all the way through. Interestingly, while we watched The Diplomat, I thought The Night Agent was overall better.
PC:
Ryzen 5 3600
32GB RAM
2x1TB NVMe Drives
GTX 1660 Ti
stessier

Post by stessier »

Rumpy wrote: Tue Sep 05, 2023 4:36 pm The Night Agent was so good. The writing and action were all top-notch and it had me all the way through. Interestingly, while we watched The Diplomat, I thought The Night Agent was overall better.
I had problems with the hacker scenes in Night Agent and the last episode was over the top, but it did have a pretty decent story. I hope it gets the promised season 2.

Did you see Bodyguard? It's British and fantastic.
I require a reminder as to why raining arcane destruction is not an appropriate response to all of life's indignities. - Vaarsuvius
Running____2014: 1300.55 miles____2015: 2036.13 miles____2016: 1012.75 miles____2017: 1105.82 miles____2018: 1318.91 miles__2019: 2000.00 miles
Rumpy

Post by Rumpy »

I haven't. I haven't even heard of it. Not a remake of the Whitney Houston movie is it?
PC:
Ryzen 5 3600
32GB RAM
2x1TB NVMe Drives
GTX 1660 Ti
stessier

Post by stessier »

Rumpy wrote: Tue Sep 05, 2023 4:57 pm I haven't. I haven't even heard of it. Not a remake of the Whitney Houston movie is it?
No! Sorry, everyone asks be that. :D It's a thriller like the others we have been discussing, but I think the best of all of them. I don't stay up late as a rule and stayed up until 3am to finish it.
McNutt

Post by McNutt »

I watched Painkiller. What an embarrassment of a show. Do not waste your time with this. Terrible screenplay, terrible direction and filled with ridiculous overacting.
Rumpy

Post by Rumpy »

stessier wrote: Tue Sep 05, 2023 5:26 pm
Rumpy wrote: Tue Sep 05, 2023 4:57 pm I haven't. I haven't even heard of it. Not a remake of the Whitney Houston movie is it?
No! Sorry, everyone asks be that. :D It's a thriller like the others we have been discussing, but I think the best of all of them. I don't stay up late as a rule and stayed up until 3am to finish it.
Oh, ok! :D It sounds like it would be up my alley. It's not Netflix is it? If not, I'm not sure where I'd catch it.
PC:
Ryzen 5 3600
32GB RAM
2x1TB NVMe Drives
GTX 1660 Ti
Kraken

Post by Kraken »

Did anyone else watch iZombie? I'm 4 or 5 episodes into the first season and mostly liking it so far, even though police procedurals are usually not my thing. Don't know if I'll go through all five seasons, but I reckon it'll get better since it lasted that long.
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

I watched the first two or three seasons as it released, but wandered off after that. I remember... honestly, not a lot. It was fun, and they did build on what they established early on.
Kraken

Post by Kraken »

They're certainly rewriting the rules on zombies, and I'm intrigued to see more of that. The crime-solving part is eh, whatever. There are also some clever flashes of humor, such as when someone calls the main character "Dirty Debbie Harry."

Made me chuckle.
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

Kraken wrote: Tue Sep 05, 2023 9:15 pm Did anyone else watch iZombie? I'm 4 or 5 episodes into the first season and mostly liking it so far, even though police procedurals are usually not my thing. Don't know if I'll go through all five seasons, but I reckon it'll get better since it lasted that long.
Watched every episode, start to finish. Check your brain at the door (ha!) and just enjoy it as a popcorn TV show. The characters are great - you'll come to really like them.
Maybe next year, maybe no go
Moliere

Post by Moliere »

Isgrimnur wrote: Mon Jun 19, 2023 12:29 am Rebel Moon by Zack Snyder
Full trailer looks amazing.

"The world is suffering more today from the good people who want to mind other men's business than it is from the bad people who are willing to let everybody look after their own individual affairs." - Clarence Darrow
stessier

Post by stessier »

Rumpy wrote: Tue Sep 05, 2023 9:08 pm
Oh, ok! :D It sounds like it would be up my alley. It's not Netflix is it? If not, I'm not sure where I'd catch it.
Yes, it's on Netflix.
stessier

Post by stessier »

Rumpy wrote: Tue Sep 05, 2023 4:36 pm The Night Agent was so good. The writing and action were all top-notch and it had me all the way through. Interestingly, while we watched The Diplomat, I thought The Night Agent was overall better.
I finished The Diplomat today - I agree Night Agent was more satisfying but that's probably because the story was self contained in the one season. Given the writer and actor strike, I'm not sure we'll ever get the conclusion we want from The Diplomat even though they have already said there will be a second season.
Rumpy

Post by Rumpy »

stessier wrote: Wed Sep 06, 2023 3:39 am
Rumpy wrote: Tue Sep 05, 2023 9:08 pm
Yes, it's on Netflix.
Ahh gotcha. I'll look for it. It's sometimes tricky because sometimes content isn't available in Canada.
stessier wrote: Wed Sep 06, 2023 12:31 pm
I finished The Diplomat today - I agree Night Agent was more satisfying but that's probably because the story was self contained in the one season. Given the writer and actor strike, I'm not sure we'll ever get the conclusion we want from The Diplomat even though they have already said there will be a second season.
Maybe that's it. Even though they're setting up a second season, but you're right that the story is more self-contained in The Night Agent. Thing is with The Diplomat is that I felt it got worse as it went along, and the whole romantic angle and arguments became very repetitive, and by the end of it, I wasn't buying into the political scenario they had cooked up. In comparison, The Night Agent was far more consistent in its writing, and as a result had me through it all.
PC:
Ryzen 5 3600
32GB RAM
2x1TB NVMe Drives
GTX 1660 Ti
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

Moliere wrote: Wed Sep 06, 2023 12:23 am
Isgrimnur wrote: Mon Jun 19, 2023 12:29 am Rebel Moon by Zack Snyder
Full trailer looks amazing.

It had at least 2 "hero landings" that I saw. But I'm assuming there will be about 9 in the full movie.
He won. Period.
coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

Kraken wrote: Tue Sep 05, 2023 9:15 pm Did anyone else watch iZombie? I'm 4 or 5 episodes into the first season and mostly liking it so far, even though police procedurals are usually not my thing. Don't know if I'll go through all five seasons, but I reckon it'll get better since it lasted that long.
https://octopusoverlords.com/forum/view ... e#p2963885

Wife and I watched the whole run in patches over the last couple years. It has its ups and downs but it was wife friendly and I didn't mind it, so I'll call it a win. It does go way past case of the week stuff eventually.
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
Kraken

Post by Kraken »

Heh, I should've searched. We have a thread for everything entertainment or pop culture related. But I had just finished watching it and the Netflix thread was *right there*.
Rumpy

Post by Rumpy »

Well, we used to have two Netflix threads, which I always got confused about where to post.
PC:
Ryzen 5 3600
32GB RAM
2x1TB NVMe Drives
GTX 1660 Ti
Punisher

Post by Punisher »

My wife and I just finished One Piece.
We both really liked it.
From what I can recall it stuck to the source material as much as possible.
It did take me a bit to get used to Luffy. I think it was his voice mostly. I think I was just used to the anime voice because it's very different but he grew on me and played the part well.
I'm really hoping they continue it but it's Netflix and we like it so it's probably gonna be canceled.
All yourLightning Bolts are Belong to Us
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

El Conde

Enlarge Image
Augusto Pinochet is a vampire ready to die, but the vultures around him won't let him go without one last bite.
Jaymann

Post by Jaymann »

Band of Brothers starts today (Friday). Can't remember if I've seen the whole series, but it's nice to be able to binge the whole thing. Lots of familiar faces.
Jaymann
]==(:::::::::::::>
Black Lives Matter
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

Isgrimnur wrote: Tue Sep 12, 2023 9:11 pm El Conde

Enlarge Image
Augusto Pinochet is a vampire ready to die, but the vultures around him won't let him go without one last bite.
I’ve been looking forward to this one. I love offbeat, satirical horror films.
He won. Period.
disarm

Post by disarm »

Jaymann wrote:Band of Brothers starts today (Friday). Can't remember if I've seen the whole series, but it's nice to be able to binge the whole thing. Lots of familiar faces.
It's impossible to overstate just how incredible BoB was and still is today. I really should watch it again sometime.
Punisher

Post by Punisher »

disarm wrote: Fri Sep 15, 2023 9:02 pm
Jaymann wrote:Band of Brothers starts today (Friday). Can't remember if I've seen the whole series, but it's nice to be able to binge the whole thing. Lots of familiar faces.
It's impossible to overstate just how incredible BoB was and still is today. I really should watch it again sometime.
I think I've seen the whole thing a couple of times and enjoyed it.
It will be good to see it for the first time again.
All yourLightning Bolts are Belong to Us
Zaxxon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zaxxon »

disarm wrote: Fri Sep 15, 2023 9:02 pm
I’ve watched it approximately biannually since it came out. Amazing start to finish. And the podcast series they released in 2021 is well worth the time, too.
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

Band of Brothers is one of the few examples where the show was as good as the book, and the book was as good as the show. The book gives more context to the show; the show gives a better understanding of the book.

I didn't like the follow-up, The Pacific, nearly as much. They tried to base it (roughly) on several books, and then shoehorned in more 'personal drama' for the characters. I enjoyed it, but it wasn't what BoB was.
Last edited by Blackhawk on Sat Sep 16, 2023 11:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
Carpet_pissr

Post by Carpet_pissr »

Agree. Not even close.
Zaxxon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zaxxon »

Carpet_pissr wrote: Sat Sep 16, 2023 10:53 am Agree. Not even close.
Thirded.
em2nought

Post by em2nought »

"Thing" goes to New York City. :lol:

https://youtu.be/B479Wc72Bsc

Enlarge Image
"Four more years!" "Pause." LMAO
Zaxxon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zaxxon »

Not much love here for Castlevania: Nocturne, eh? I’m nearly through and have found it on par with the first Netflix series.

Guilty Men to be Judged, episode 6, was awesome.
Spoiler:
Ser Jorah!
TheMix

Post by TheMix »

Didn't know there was another one. I really liked the first one.

Black Lives Matter

Isgrimnur - Facebook makes you hate your friends and family. LinkedIn makes you hate you co-workers. NextDoor makes you hate your neighbors.