Samurai Versus Ninja (ww) Night 2: RMC dead

This is the place for self-contained forum games

Moderator: Zaxxon

bb2112
End of Days
Location: Knowledge! It is almost as important as money, luck, and family connections.

Re: Samurai Versus Ninja (ww) Day 2: Lassr dead

Post by bb2112 »

I am not as sure of RMC as you are, and as I said, I keep flip flopping. But then again you were supposedly scanned and claim to be good, so if I were in your shoes I might feel the same way. That being said, I am not necessarily ready to lynch him today either. We need a hit in the next two days and we have some time to discuss it.

Anyway, I would like to hear from everyone. I am still hoping (I am sure in vain) for someone to step forward and say something that will make this all a little more clear.
That's no reason to cry. One cries because one is sad. For example, I cry because others are stupid, and that makes me sad.
Why would I stab an Oracle? Wait, what am I saying? Why wouldn't I stab an Oracle? - Belkar Bitterleaf
BCY4920 - You can suck it Johnny Angel.
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

IF there are 2 wolves and one is zerker... perhaps we are right now on a 'must hit' or lose situation?
bb2112
End of Days
Location: Knowledge! It is almost as important as money, luck, and family connections.

Post by bb2112 »

Unagi wrote:
bb2112 wrote:If there is one wolf, not so bad, but if there are two, that leaves us in a have to nail a wolf or lose situation tomorrow.
This, this annoys me.
I've done this little trick before. I've had it played on me too.

You either didn't read the rules and really don't know that we HAVE 2 wolves (special-ness is 1 or 2, if I read it right)
or
You, as a wolf, realized that possible misread and you are playing it to great potential effect.

Me No Like You. :naughty:
Scoop20906 wrote:
Holman wrote:Scoop, a clarification, please: were the roles randomly drawn from the list you posted, or did you pick them for balance?
Mod Response: First I randomly set the number of roles: 2 to 3 roles for Samurai, 1 to 2 roles for Ninja. Then I randomized the roles for each team. There were no changes after the randomizing.There was no attempt to balancing things.

The point of this game was not to provide a fairly balanced game but to create scenarios outside of our normal werewolf games and remove the reliance on our tried and true deductive methods. I hope people are enjoying this.
Ha! 1 -2 roles for ninja. You are the one playing games, sir.
That's no reason to cry. One cries because one is sad. For example, I cry because others are stupid, and that makes me sad.
Why would I stab an Oracle? Wait, what am I saying? Why wouldn't I stab an Oracle? - Belkar Bitterleaf
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

Just stop it.
bb2112
End of Days

Post by bb2112 »

Unagi wrote:IF there are 2 wolves and one is zerker... perhaps we are right now on a 'must hit' or lose situation?
That doesn't make sense. If there are 2 wolves and one is a zerker, he kills a villager and dies himself. It is a one for one. Today we have 7, lynch a zerker and we end up with 5 with only one of them being a wolf.
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

Scoop20906 wrote:RULEZ
10 Players
8 Samurai (villagers) (2 to 3 Special Roles)
2 Ninjas (werewolves) (1 to 2 Special Roles)
10 players.

2 Ninjas

Get it?
Right?
bb2112
End of Days

Post by bb2112 »

Unagi wrote:Just stop it.
You are starting to annoy me and the worst part is I think we are on the same side.
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

bb2112 wrote:
Unagi wrote:IF there are 2 wolves and one is zerker... perhaps we are right now on a 'must hit' or lose situation?
That doesn't make sense. If there are 2 wolves and one is a zerker, he kills a villager and dies himself. It is a one for one. Today we have 7, lynch a zerker and we end up with 5 with only one of them being a wolf.
Well, I didn't do any real math - I just took your whole "If we have just 1 wolf, we have a couple days... but if we have 2" and extrapolated an exploding wolf into the mix. Your right in that perhaps the 'half' gain there doesn't take us down a full day?
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

How many Ninjas are there, bb2112?
Enlarge Image
bb2112
End of Days

Post by bb2112 »

Unagi wrote:
Scoop20906 wrote:RULEZ
10 Players
8 Samurai (villagers) (2 to 3 Special Roles)
2 Ninjas (werewolves) (1 to 2 Special Roles)
10 players.

2 Ninjas

Get it?
Right?
I thought there were two, but when I read his reply it threw me. There are no unpowered ninjas. Unless he didn't list the unpowered bad guys as a role. Ok I am an idiot.
bb2112
End of Days

Post by bb2112 »

Unagi wrote:
bb2112 wrote:
Well, I didn't do any real math - I just took your whole "If we have just 1 wolf, we have a couple days... but if we have 2" and extrapolated an exploding wolf into the mix. Your right in that perhaps the 'half' gain there doesn't take us down a full day?
Ok, we both got one wrong.
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

bb2112 wrote:There are no unpowered ninjas. Unless he didn't list the unpowered bad guys as a role. Ok I am an idiot.
Why would he list unpowered bad guys as a role.
Twas a list of potential random roles... and we were told that the 2 wolves our game would include; would have either 1 or 2 special roles between em. (meaning, 1 or 0 would NOT).
Out of the 8 villagers, 2 or 3 have a special role.

He didn't list the normal villagers as a role either.

Sorry I will let you off the hook here I guess. :)

However, I do need to get it off my chest that your admitted mis-read of Scoops reply does seem a bit like a 'mistake' a wolf (who started the game with full knowledge of # of wolves and # of roles) would perhaps make, if he was on a team with 2 special wolves right now.... In that you may have read Scoops 'reply' and really for the first time thought -"Oh man, these guys may even think there is 1 wolf ?" But, I wonder if anyone (else) actually did?

My question is (not really to you) - is that only a mistake a wolf would make, as personally, it was quite clear to me that: We had a game with 2 wolves; and maybe they were both special, or maybe 1.
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

bb2112 wrote:That doesn't make sense. If there are 2 wolves and one is a zerker, he kills a villager and dies himself. It is a one for one. Today we have 7, lynch a zerker and we end up with 5 with only one of them being a wolf.
I just want to be sure you are right about us both getting something wrong.

Let's say we have a zerker - and we go with Testing RMC (and no other events happen, clearly...)

Today:
Moliere
bb2112
Holman
RMC-Lynch Tested Today
El Guapo
Unagi- EATEN Dead in the Night
Vorret

Tomorrow:
Moliere - Lynch Tested Zerker
El Guapo- Eaten by Zerker
bb2112
Holman
Vorret - EATEN Dead in the Night

Humorous Last Day for one of ya:
bb2112
Holman

Oh look. If we hit RMC and he is a Good Guy - and they have a Zerker - it's Game Over.

Or did I do something wrong up there?
bb2112
End of Days

Post by bb2112 »

For the record, I never believed we had less than 2 wolves to contend with and did my math based on that. I just allowed for the possibility of only one based on Scoop's comment, not the probability. One wolf would be very unbalanced. But this is a Scoop game so the possibilities are endless.

Time to get back on track. Currently we have two misses and there are still a couple of people who have not checked in yet.
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

Unagi wrote:
bb2112 wrote:That doesn't make sense. If there are 2 wolves and one is a zerker, he kills a villager and dies himself. It is a one for one. Today we have 7, lynch a zerker and we end up with 5 with only one of them being a wolf.
I just want to be sure you are right about us both getting something wrong.

Let's say we have a zerker - and we go with Testing RMC (and no other events happen, clearly...)

Today:
Moliere
bb2112
Holman
RMC-Lynch Tested Today
El Guapo
Unagi- EATEN Dead in the Night
Vorret

Tomorrow:
Moliere - Lynch Tested Zerker
El Guapo- Eaten by Zerker
bb2112
Holman
Vorret - EATEN Dead in the Night

Humorous Last Day for one of ya:
bb2112
Holman

Oh look. If we hit RMC and he is a Good Guy - and they have a Zerker - it's Game Over.

Or did I do something wrong up there?
It's only game over if we hit the zerker first, right?

Today - 5 samurai, 2 ninja
Tomorrow (if we miss on RMC, then night kill) - 3 samurai, 2 ninja
Day after (we hit the non-zerker wolf, then night kill) - 2 samurai, 1 ninja
Kill the zerker (who kills a samurai) - 1 samurai, 0 ninja - village win.

For what that's worth.
Black Lives Matter.
bb2112
End of Days

Post by bb2112 »

This is what you said. Not if we miss today and then tomorrow we are in a must hit situation, but right now we are on a must hit.

But that being said, your math is correct. If there is a zerk and if he is a lynch, that could reduce us to one miss instead of two. So odds are two misses, but there is (at least) one scenario that could put us at one miss. I am too tired to go through all the rest of the roles to see if there are more.
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

bb2112 wrote:
This is what you said. Not if we miss today and then tomorrow we are in a must hit situation, but right now we are on a must hit.

But that being said, your math is correct. If there is a zerk and if he is a lynch, that could reduce us to one miss instead of two. So odds are two misses, but there is (at least) one scenario that could put us at one miss. I am too tired to go through all the rest of the roles to see if there are more.
Ohhhh, there are more all right:
Wolf Cub: If you die by lynch, the werewolves get two kills the following night.
Dream Wolf: If a werewolf dies, you replace them
Cursed: You are a villager until attacked by werewolves, at which time you become a werewolf.
Doppelgänger: Select a player the first night. If that player dies, you secretly take that role.
Drunk: You are a normal villager until the third night, when you remember your real role.
Hoodlum: Indicate two players on the first night. If they die and you are alive at the end of the game, you win.
Tanner: You only win if you are killed.
Sasquatch: You are a villager until a day ends without a lynch, in which case you become a werewolf.
Nostradamus: Predict the winning team on the 1st night. If that team wins AND you are alive at the end of the game, you get a solo win. For the rest of the game you are a villager.
Also because of the Wolf Man neither myself nor Unagi are 100% proven, even if RMC is telling the truth. For what that's worth.
Black Lives Matter.
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

I think you forgot to drop your microphone.
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

Unagi wrote:(I may be being the fool here, but with the random nature of this game, I'm kinda not worried about playing it loose)
What I was basically getting at here, was just that this game could thwart any attempt we really make at doing any real deductions, so I am not really feeling like we need to really dwell on it much. Maybe I'm just being super lazy, so I don't really expect everyone to feel like that, but I can't really 'go through it all' and consider it all. Or rather, I do and I sorta shrug.

I did, however give the whole game a good re-read earlier today and I thought certain players certainly stood out while others seemed fairly 'good' .... Roles and crazy shit aside... just reading people's posts and how they are playing things.
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

El Guapo wrote:Drunk: You are a normal villager until the third night, when you remember your real role.
This role should actually be told they are the Seer until the 2nd night, and then be told they are actually the Drunk.

lols
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

Ok, so let's think this through. Why would the wolves, if RMC is telling the truth, leave him alive?

(1) Phear the protector - could have worried about hitting protection. I doubt this, though, because we are highly unlikely to have a protector, and the wolves know that, so it seems odd to nix nipping a PI scan in the bud. Also the wolves don't have a seer (Scoop has said that the sorceror is not in the game), so there's no way for them to know that we have a protector even if we got lucky and do.

(2) Unagi is the Wolf Man - Suppose Unagi is the Wolf-Man. If he expected to be included in the PI scan, he might let it go off because it would seem to clear him (if the other two scan targets are good).

(3) Smear RMC - the wolves might have gambled that we would lynch RMC today.

Let's compare these situations, setting the Wolf-Man aside for now: RMC lives, village trusts him, he hits three villagers with his scan: the village is picking its target from a 2 villager 2 wolf pool, so have a 50/50 shot (before applying what logic we can)
RMC dies - now we are picking from a pool of 5 villagers 2 wolves with no scan to use. There we are looking at a 5/7 chance of hitting a villager (setting aside our amazing deductive abilities)

Seems like the wolves would kill RMC, unless they are either gamblers or they are highly confident that the village would kill RMC. But let's take that scenario - as noted they would then eat Unagi or myself afterwards (presumably).

Then it's 3 villagers, 2 wolves, with one (mostly) proven (either Unagi or myself). So a 50/50 shot for the village.

ehhhhhh, my gut says not to trust RMC on this, BUT who knows. I should reread the thread and see what I find.
Black Lives Matter.
Vorret

Post by Vorret »

I kinda agree with El Guano, why is RMC still alive since he has scan abilities.
We know he can spoof quite well.

If he's a baddie, there's probably one wolf in the 3 he scanned (obviously not Lassr).
If he's good we'll the situation isn't too bad.

Still him being alive really confuses me.
Isgrimnur wrote:
His name makes me think of a small, burrowing rodent anyway.
Moliere

Post by Moliere »

Vorret wrote:I kinda agree with El Guano, why is RMC still alive since he has scan abilities.

If he's a baddie, there's probably one wolf in the 3 he scanned (obviously not Lassr).

A perfect strategy for spoofing the role: include your night kill as one of the confirmed Samurai scans while also including your fellow ninja. Did someone figure out the math for hitting 3 Samurai on the scans?
"The world is suffering more today from the good people who want to mind other men's business than it is from the bad people who are willing to let everybody look after their own individual affairs." - Clarence Darrow
Vorret

Post by Vorret »

Moliere wrote:
Vorret wrote:I kinda agree with El Guano, why is RMC still alive since he has scan abilities.

A perfect strategy for spoofing the role: include your night kill as one of the confirmed Samurai scans while also including your fellow ninja. Did someone figure out the math for hitting 3 Samurai on the scans?
Yeah, I'm not saying RMC is lying but it sure is a bit fishy.
But if he was a wolf, I think he'd put one of the villager as wolf to create some chaos.

Ahhhh, I dunno, I'm thinking he's good but it still doesn't explain why he's still alive. Why must you mess with my head like this !!
Isgrimnur wrote:
bb2112
End of Days

Post by bb2112 »

Vorret wrote:
Moliere wrote:

But if he was a wolf, I think he'd put one of the villager as wolf to create some chaos.

Ahhhh, I dunno, I'm thinking he's good but it still doesn't explain why he's still alive. Why must you mess with my head like this !!
But he could also be trying to hide a wolf buddy by saying he hit 3 samurai with his scan.

So the long and short of it is we don't know anything for sure. We could kill RMC (if he is good) and then we would know either Unagi or El G is good tomorrow, whichever survives. Unless the remaining player is the wolfman. Then it all goes to hell and we are back to not really knowing anything.

Today has been crazy busy at work. I will go back and do a reread tonight or tomorrow.
Vorret

Post by Vorret »

bb2112 wrote:
Vorret wrote:
Moliere wrote:

But he could also be trying to hide a wolf buddy by saying he hit 3 samurai with his scan.

So the long and short of it is we don't know anything for sure. We could kill RMC (if he is good) and then we would know either Unagi or El G is good tomorrow, whichever survives. Unless the remaining player is the wolfman. Then it all goes to hell and we are back to not really knowing anything.

Today has been crazy busy at work. I will go back and do a reread tonight or tomorrow.
Yeah , that's the problem, there's no "good" option.
Feels like we're playing Hitler again haha
Isgrimnur wrote:
Moliere

Post by Moliere »

I vote we lynch RMC. If he's good then we can trust his scans. If he's a ninja then his scans are suspect.

RMC 

"The world is suffering more today from the good people who want to mind other men's business than it is from the bad people who are willing to let everybody look after their own individual affairs." - Clarence Darrow
Holman

Post by Holman »

Vorret wrote:
Moliere wrote:

Well I have to agree that RMC's survival is both the only thing that has happened and the fishiest thing that has happened.

The ninjas keeping him alive doesn't add up. Given the looooong list of randomized roles, the odds are stacked against us having both a seer (PI) and a protector among us, so that's something the bad guys probably wouldn't have worried about.

PI is also a perfect role for a ninja to claim because it can't be used again. If his first-night survival can be made to seem plausible, his continued survival is easy: the ninjas will be looking for targets that still have powers.

I'm open to changing my mind if there's a good argument, but RMC is just too suspicious now.

RMC 

Much prefer my Nazis Nuremberged.
Vorret

Post by Vorret »

Yeah, I think it's the only smart decision here

RMC 

That puts him at N-1

It doesn't add up that he's alive but the worse that happens is the scan are proven if he turns out good.
Isgrimnur wrote:
bb2112
End of Days

Post by bb2112 »

I keep going back to I am not sure if RMC is playing us again. I am leaning toward yes, and this is why:

When I reread his "nope not coming out" it just doesn't feel genuine. Why keep it secret? Saying he is a special just painted a huge target on himself at night and the village would not have a clue on who he was if he was killed. Then he took his time, like he was consulting with someone on which role to spoof. Finally he comes back with PI and a lame reason on why he didn't use it night zero. He only gets told if one of his scans is a wolf. Why not try to clear 3 people on night one, or find a wolf? He avoids the lynch. Surely he is going to die night 1, right? Nope. Lassr buys it. Now today we are confronted with the same choices. Do we trust him or not? We have heard from everyone at this point. There doesn't seem to be any role out there that can prove him and clear up this situation. I'm just having a hard time buying it all. If he would have came out right away, then maybe. If he would have used his power night 0 then maybe. This is all very convenient.

Now I'm going to do something. Hey wolves, I'm a special. Come eat me! At least one of Unagi or El G is good. And if RMC turns out good and I get eaten, then we have 2 provens going into tomorrow.

RMC 

Vorret

Post by Vorret »

bb2112 wrote:I keep going back to I am not sure if RMC is playing us again. I am leaning toward yes, and this is why:

When I reread his "nope not coming out" it just doesn't feel genuine. Why keep it secret? Saying he is a special just painted a huge target on himself at night and the village would not have a clue on who he was if he was killed. Then he took his time, like he was consulting with someone on which role to spoof. Finally he comes back with PI and a lame reason on why he didn't use it night zero. He only gets told if one of his scans is a wolf. Why not try to clear 3 people on night one, or find a wolf? He avoids the lynch. Surely he is going to die night 1, right? Nope. Lassr buys it. Now today we are confronted with the same choices. Do we trust him or not? We have heard from everyone at this point. There doesn't seem to be any role out there that can prove him and clear up this situation. I'm just having a hard time buying it all. If he would have came out right away, then maybe. If he would have used his power night 0 then maybe. This is all very convenient.

Now I'm going to do something. Hey wolves, I'm a special. Come eat me! At least one of Unagi or El G is good. And if RMC turns out good and I get eaten, then we have 2 provens going into tomorrow.

RMC 

Sooo no time for RMC to plead his case eh?
Isgrimnur wrote:
bb2112
End of Days

Post by bb2112 »

Vorret wrote:
bb2112 wrote:I keep going back to I am not sure if RMC is playing us again. I am leaning toward yes, and this is why:

RMC 

:roll: Yeah, and what case was he going to plead? I'm a spent special and I don't know why I survived except that I'm being framed? What new tidbit was he really going to add? What could he possible say that would make you trust him? Seriously, answer the question. I'm interested.
Vorret

Post by Vorret »

bb2112 wrote:
Vorret wrote:

RMC 

:roll: Yeah, and what case was he going to plead? I'm a spent special and I don't know why I survived except that I'm being framed? What new tidbit was he really going to add? What could he possible say that would make you trust him? Seriously, answer the question. I'm interested.
Fair enough, I guess there's not much left to learn other than the lynch result which will tell us alot more.
I kinda hope he's good it'll give us 2 proven.
Isgrimnur wrote:
bb2112
End of Days

Post by bb2112 »

Vorret wrote:
bb2112 wrote:
Vorret wrote:

RMC 

That is why I'm coming out now. Wolves have to make a choice. If I wait until tomorrow, then we lose any edge we may have if RMC is good. And if he is evil, woohoo. One down, one to go.
Fair enough, I guess there's not much left to learn other than the lynch result which will tell us alot more.
bb2112
End of Days

Post by bb2112 »

Don't know how my above reply got put in quotes.
bb2112
End of Days

Post by bb2112 »

bb2112 wrote:
Vorret wrote:
bb2112 wrote:
Vorret wrote:

RMC 

That is why I'm coming out now. Wolves have to make a choice. If I wait until tomorrow, then we lose any edge we may have if RMC is good. And if he is evil, woohoo. One down, one to go.

Fixed it.
Vorret

Post by Vorret »

100% agree, he needs to die, I would have put the ending vote had I been in the sitation, just would have waited (for no reason now that I think about it) for him to talk.

If he's good, great we have 2 proven, if he's bad great we got one of the 2 baddies. Win/win all around
Isgrimnur wrote:
RMC

Post by RMC »

bb2112 wrote:
Vorret wrote:
Moliere wrote:

See this makes me think you are definitely a wolf. So to prove my scans, I let you lynch me. Then I come up wolf, I am not a wolf. And then I would hand you the other wolf, with a 50 - 50 shot?

Hell, that would be a very dumb play. Lynch me, and we might lose the game, but it will net you two proven, until the wolves off one of the two that I proved that are left. <shrug>
Difficulties mastered are opportunities won. - Winston Churchill
Sheesh, this is one small box. Thankfully, everything's packed in nicely this time. Not too tight nor too loose (someone's sig in 3, 2, ...). - Hepcat
RMC

Post by RMC »

Oh hell. I'm dead. Well you guys are f'd.
Difficulties mastered are opportunities won. - Winston Churchill
Sheesh, this is one small box. Thankfully, everything's packed in nicely this time. Not too tight nor too loose (someone's sig in 3, 2, ...). - Hepcat
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

bb2112 wrote:That is why I'm coming out now. Wolves have to make a choice. If I wait until tomorrow, then we lose any edge we may have if RMC is good. And if he is evil, woohoo. One down, one to go.

Fixed it.
Why on EARTH do we believe that YOU are a special, just because you declared that you were?
(seriously, did I miss something?)

When/if you are not killed tonight... what do we make of ya then?
You: Pushing the kill on RMC through, while claiming special...
Declaring that a GOOD Lynch on RMC makes El G and Unagi 'proven', when El G showed how many ways we could have been scanned by a good RMC and given him a false read.

:?