American Truck Simulator

If it's a video game it goes here.

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, Arcanis, $iljanus

Rumpy

Re: American Truck Simulator

Post by Rumpy »

I'm thinking $35-40 would be OK, given that new states are sold for around $19. Keep in mind, this is is CND, so whatever it would be in American dollars.I think in the long run, it would be far more economical than buying them separately. They're one of the few studios that keep pumping out hefty bits of content that are more than just cosmetics, and I think it would be a great way to support them.
PC:
Ryzen 5 3600
32GB RAM
2x1TB NVMe Drives
GTX 1660 Ti
Alefroth

Post by Alefroth »

Yeah, that would be pretty good for 4 or 5 states.
Holman

Post by Holman »

With the announcement of Texas, I really hope the direction of expansion will lead into Dixie before filling in the big empty states to the north. Louisiana/Mississippi/Alabama would offer a very different climate and driving environment from what we've seen already.
Much prefer my Nazis Nuremberged.
Rumpy

Post by Rumpy »

Alefroth wrote: Fri Mar 12, 2021 5:57 pm Yeah, that would be pretty good for 4 or 5 states.
I've realized after I made the comment that they've said earlier when ATS was still fairly new, that they had no plans for a pass, but I think things have changed greatly since then. They'd said they wouldn't because they don't release consistently enough. That's not really true anymore. They're fairly consistent now, with I think two different teams working on different states, and being that they plan to eventually have all States done, that's a considerable investment.
PC:
Ryzen 5 3600
32GB RAM
2x1TB NVMe Drives
GTX 1660 Ti
jztemple2

Post by jztemple2 »

Alefroth wrote: Fri Mar 12, 2021 4:55 pm How much are you thinking a pass would be? I imagine it'd be a hefty outlay.
Not to mention wondering if I'll be too old to play games by the time they release Maine.
My father said that anything is interesting if you bother to read about it - Michael C. Harrold
hitbyambulance

Post by hitbyambulance »

averaging two states a year so far (with 11 done already), it'll be about two more decades to finish the USA
jztemple2

Post by jztemple2 »

hitbyambulance wrote: Mon Mar 15, 2021 8:19 pm averaging two states a year so far (with 11 done already), it'll be about two more decades to finish the USA
I'll be eighty-seven, so it might be iffy if I even remember which state is which :wink:
My father said that anything is interesting if you bother to read about it - Michael C. Harrold
coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

Most of the midwest could be done in a couple of big blocks with a little bit of variation. It's mostly interstates and vast "empty" spaces. Is anyone dying to see a detailed version of Iowa, Kansas, the Dakotas, Nebraska, Montana? Things get more interesting (from my biased perspective) when you get closer to the east coast but that might be somewhat balanced by the states getting smaller.
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
jztemple2

Post by jztemple2 »

coopasonic wrote: Tue Mar 16, 2021 10:29 am Is anyone dying to see a detailed version of Iowa, Kansas, the Dakotas, Nebraska, Montana?
There's a delegation outside from Keokuk with tar and feathers that is waiting to talk to you :wink:

I really wanted Montana to be next, rather than Texas. I visited there three years ago and stayed in Butte which was very interesting.
Rumpy

Post by Rumpy »

When they do Montana, they better have the Going to the Sun Road!
PC:
Ryzen 5 3600
32GB RAM
2x1TB NVMe Drives
GTX 1660 Ti
Alefroth

Post by Alefroth »

Rumpy wrote: Tue Mar 16, 2021 1:28 pm When they do Montana, they better have the Going to the Sun Road!
If they do, we wouldn't be able to drive it.
jztemple2

Post by jztemple2 »

Rumpy wrote: Tue Mar 16, 2021 1:28 pm When they do Montana, they better have the Going to the Sun Road!
It's one of the reasons I really hoped Montana would be next. We've already got Idaho and Wyoming is next to be released, so Montana seems the logical choice. Texas isn't even on the map! :D

jztemple2

Post by jztemple2 »

Alefroth wrote: Tue Mar 16, 2021 1:33 pm
Speak for yourself, I'll drive it if I have to wreck my truck and trailer doing it! :D

Yes, I know there are size limitations :roll: but for the purposes of gameplay I think we could convince the devs to open up the limits a little bit. At least so I could drive my tractor through it.
Rumpy

Post by Rumpy »

Alefroth wrote: Tue Mar 16, 2021 1:33 pm
Oh, you mean just like Yosemite which they eventually added? ;)
PC:
Ryzen 5 3600
32GB RAM
2x1TB NVMe Drives
GTX 1660 Ti
The Meal

Post by The Meal »

They didn't do Oh My God! Road in Colorado.

"Better to talk to people than communicate via tweet." — Elontra
Rumpy

Post by Rumpy »

Just bought Utah and Washington, but I'm now having problems, I assume due to the latest update (1.40) increasing the requirements. My aging CPU and limited amount of ram are starting to show strain, causing CTDs.
PC:
Ryzen 5 3600
32GB RAM
2x1TB NVMe Drives
GTX 1660 Ti
Rumpy

Post by Rumpy »

Got it working more or less by turning things way down from what they used to be. This update is way more cpu and gpu intensive. Turned scaling way down to 100%, mirror distance from Ultra to Medium. Still crashes, but it lasts longer between crashes. Also the brightness slider had to be turned down as well as the previous brightness settings made it wash out the highlights.
PC:
Ryzen 5 3600
32GB RAM
2x1TB NVMe Drives
GTX 1660 Ti
jztemple2

Post by jztemple2 »

American Truck Simulator: 1.41 Release

introduces Multiplayer Convoys, the start of the California reskin, Photo Mode: Time & Weather options and some other changes.
Rumpy

Post by Rumpy »

I've actually had to uninstall it recently. Too many issues with me with the game given the age of my processor. I've kept getting crashes on fresh installs without mods. There have been times when I'll be driving and suddenly fall through the world, as if my processor can't keep up with what my GPU is doing, so I'm shelving it until I can upgrade to something suitable.
PC:
Ryzen 5 3600
32GB RAM
2x1TB NVMe Drives
GTX 1660 Ti
jztemple2

Post by jztemple2 »

New announcement:
Wyoming will be released on September 7, 2021
baelthazar

Post by baelthazar »

What I assume the development engine would look like if they planned to include Kansas:

Enlarge Image
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

One klick down over the W-E route.

It's almost as if people are the problem.
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

A lot of the DLC is on fairly deep sale on Steam right now.
(˙pǝsɹǝʌǝɹ uǝǝq sɐɥ ʎʇıʌɐɹƃ ʃɐuosɹǝd ʎW)
jztemple2

Post by jztemple2 »

Blackhawk wrote: Mon Sep 06, 2021 7:39 pm A lot of the DLC is on fairly deep sale on Steam right now.
Yup, the Wyoming DLC comes out tomorrow so they are looking for folks to get caught up with their purchases. Me, I'm already caught up :D
jztemple2

Post by jztemple2 »

For those participating in the Cruising Wyoming community event, they may be wondering how to get that green Triceratops toy. Here is the answer.

For everyone wondering how to get the Triceratops toy, it was NOT mentioned in either of the things here but in another post with the following text:

Speaking of rewards, all truckers in Wyoming are eligible to receive a special cabin accessory, a Triceratops plush toy! To earn this unique reward, simply take any External Contract or External Market job to or from the city of Gillette. Why this city specifically you may ask? Believe it or not, paleontologists digging in northeastern Wyoming (so near Gillette) have uncovered fossilized remains of three triceratopses - possibly the most complete specimens of the dinosaurs yet found! So be sure to claim your part of prehistoric history for your cabin.

SO the mission for 10 cities is for a hanging green bison ornament (confusingly also shown in that one post but not this), Triceratops is a single job with that specific city
Rumpy

Post by Rumpy »

Surprised they didn't do something like that when Utah was first released, given Dinosaur National Monument & that Vernal is all Dinosaur themed, including its streets.
PC:
Ryzen 5 3600
32GB RAM
2x1TB NVMe Drives
GTX 1660 Ti
jztemple2

Post by jztemple2 »

Got my plushie!

jztemple2

Post by jztemple2 »

Introducing Montana
Montana is untamed, wild, and natural. No matter where you look, you’ll find unspoiled nature, charming small towns, and spectacular views. Explore National Parks, then hit the road to discover more natural wonders. You can drive through rugged mountain roads, pass by crystal clear lakes, or spend your day exploring the historic town and cities.

I assume this will follow the release of Texas, although I think Montana should have come first :think:
jztemple2

Post by jztemple2 »

This is interesting for both ATS and ETS2: 1.44 Unmarked Roads Exploration
While trucking should mainly be about striving to achieve excellent performances and getting the job properly done, the size of the maps of our games tends to bring out a desire to explore every corner of every accessible area. And in the upcoming 1.44 update, this aspect of the game is going to receive a very important change!

The most observant amongst you may be aware of the fact that during your journey, you can sometimes stumble upon a passage that is not shown on the map and which leads to something... interesting. Afterward, once you leave the area, the unmarked passage is still not visible on the map. This will however be slightly different in the future!

With the 1.44 update, we are bringing into ATS and ETS2 a new feature; once you drive onto an unmarked road, you will be notified about having done so with a message in the route advisor, and the explored road will appear on the map as an orange dashed line, with any unexplored part ahead of you shown in gray. On one hand, this will ensure that you will immediately be aware of the fact that you have found something interesting, and on the other hand, if you ever decide to re-visit a hidden zone you will know where to go.
Rumpy

Post by Rumpy »

Wonder if that will lead to more easter eggs in out of the way places.
PC:
Ryzen 5 3600
32GB RAM
2x1TB NVMe Drives
GTX 1660 Ti
Alefroth

Post by Alefroth »

Rumpy wrote: Sun Feb 20, 2022 3:07 pm Wonder if that will lead to more easter eggs in out of the way places.
It sounds like existing unmapped roads will be mapped once you discover them, not that new unmapped roads will be added.
Rumpy

Post by Rumpy »

Sure, but it still sounds like they could potentially use that to hide easter eggs in future maps.
PC:
Ryzen 5 3600
32GB RAM
2x1TB NVMe Drives
GTX 1660 Ti
jztemple2

Post by jztemple2 »

Something interesting... today SCS sent out yet another news update about the Montana DLC, Montana - Agriculture

Enlarge Image

SCS has been sending out a number of these Montana updates, after sending out a number of Texas DLC news updates. In the past the US state releases have been IIRC about six month apart, and I don't recall them ever teasing two different DLC at the same time. However, their sister game, Euro Truck Simulator 2, had planned as it's next DLC "Heart of Russia"... probably not a good time to release anything Russian themed right now :roll:. So perhaps SCS has moved their HoR developers over to the ATS projects and we might see both states being released soon. I'd be pleased with that as I contend that Montana helps tie together the existing ATS DLC better than Texas would. Very excited about this :dance:
Last edited by jztemple2 on Tue Apr 05, 2022 2:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rumpy

Post by Rumpy »

Not to mention that ATS got a new truck recently, the International 9900i. Yeah, they seem to be pushing out a lot of content as of late. Your assessment about Russia might be right.
PC:
Ryzen 5 3600
32GB RAM
2x1TB NVMe Drives
GTX 1660 Ti
jztemple2

Post by jztemple2 »

Just as a reminder, the devs at SCS are also putting in work on updating the very first of their ATS states. See their latest blog California Rework - Napa Valley
California reigns as the state of viticulture, producing nearly 90% of all fermented grape juice made in the United States; and the Napa Valley is just one area which is home to many vineyards which produces the fruit needed. Today, we are giving you a look at this famous location which has been reworked in our on-going California rework project for American Truck Simulator.
Enlarge Image

The amount of work that SCS puts into their already released products is impressive. One might also remember that when ATS was released, it was at a different, smaller scale than Euro Truck Simulator 2. When fans protested, SCS redid the entire state to change the scale to be the same as ETS2. Even though I don't play ATS all that much anymore I still pick up all the states upon release just to support the devs. I don't even know if I'll still be around when they finally release Maine... :roll:
jztemple2

Post by jztemple2 »

There's a new Texas microsite (their name for it) for American Truck Simulator, highlighting that upcoming DLC. I wish they would quit teasing me and just... well, you know :wink:

Some videos...

Hey SCS, if you're going to include Brownville I hope you're going to let us drive by the SpaceX facility there! :D
Holman

Post by Holman »

I find myself wishing they would remake Interstate 76 using this engine.
Much prefer my Nazis Nuremberged.
The Meal

Post by The Meal »

Holman wrote: Thu Apr 21, 2022 8:29 pm I find myself wishing they would remake Interstate 76 using this engine.
:wub:
"Better to talk to people than communicate via tweet." — Elontra
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

Oh hell yeah.

Man that game was unique.

Every time I see the Fallout 76’ thread I think about it.
jztemple2

Post by jztemple2 »

American Truck Simulator: 1.44 Update Release
We are happy to share with you that the 1.44 update has now been released for American Truck Simulator. This update is packed with new features and changes, so we recommend reading through them all.
Read the article for the details and the pretty pictures.

The change list:
Map
• 2nd Phase of California Rework
• Border connections for several cities in New Mexico refreshed
• Some New Mexico cities received road network reworks
• Unmarked Road Exploration
• General Map Bug Fixes

Gameplay
• Mod Refund Feature
• Licensed vs Aftermarket UI in browsers
• Force Feedback Upgrade
• Adjustable Suspension Height
• Interior Camera Horizontal Lock
• Smart Sequential Shifting
• New Special Transport Routes

Vehicles
• New Freightliner Cascadia 2022 Interior Options
• Ownable Drop Deck Trailers